Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #91
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

We really enjoyed the dismeet today, it would be great to do another one sometime! I agree about the round table, or maybe a kids table and an adult table.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #92
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Great to see you all this morning!! Had a great time meeting all the new faces, and seeing familiar ones too!! I agree we need to get together more often, maybe some round tables!! LOL

Queen- I hope Jas is feeling ok!
pkondz- good luck to your dd this evening!

Have a great day everyone!
Check. Disney Brat wants to meet at the Round Table next...

... and d'oh! forgot to pass on to Jasmine, hope you're feeling better too!

... and thanks DB, I'll pass the wishes on to DD13!

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #93
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked On The Mouse View Post
We really enjoyed the dismeet today, it would be great to do another one sometime! I agree about the round table, or maybe a kids table and an adult table.
ooohhh... I like that idea! DD13 enjoyed the conversations, but DD10 wanted someone to play with.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 03-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #94
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Message from "The Queen"

The Queens Internet is down right now She was hoping to get pics up but that will have to wait until she is back online!!

I like the idea of round tables and a table for the kids next time as well!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #95
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Queen must be mad her internet is down!! You are such a good BIL to let us know!!! Love the kids table idea too!! DD was wanting to go down and sit with the kids down on your end Geodoc!!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #96
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Brat View Post
Queen must be mad her internet is down!! You are such a good BIL to let us know!!! Love the kids table idea too!! DD was wanting to go down and sit with the kids down on your end Geodoc!!
Lol.....well actually I was "instructed" to pass on the Internet is down message!!!

Purplepeg had another idea for our next meeting.......how about a park on a nice sunny day. The kids can play, the grownups can chat, I can look for geocaches with any one who is interested.......
Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #97
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a great idea!!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #98
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
Lol.....well actually I was "instructed" to pass on the Internet is down message!!!

Purplepeg had another idea for our next meeting.......how about a park on a nice sunny day. The kids can play, the grownups can chat, I can look for geocaches with any one who is interested.......

have you geocached at WDW?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #99
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
have you geocached at WDW?
Yes we have.....both at WDW and Disneyland/CA. At the parks you can find virtual geocaches that take you to cool spots etc. Disney kind of frowns on us cachers hiding actual caches in the parks as the caches can be misinterpreted as suspicious articles.
It is a lot of fun!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #100
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Yes we have.....both at WDW and Disneyland/CA. At the parks you can find virtual geocaches that take you to cool spots etc. Disney kind of frowns on us cachers hiding actual caches in the parks as the caches can be misinterpreted as suspicious articles.
It is a lot of fun!!!
Cool, maybe there will be one at Boma this August.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #101
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Hi All,
I really enjoyed the Dis-meet today as well. Too funny about the apple pancake! I didn't realize it was going to be that big...for next time we now know there is a smaller version.

As for tables in Wonderland..annual pass holders get a discount on it. It is 20% off your food AND beverage (alcohol included). Geodoc and I upgraded our passes from Airmiles to Annual Passes in September knowing we would be going again within the year. It almost paid for itself when we used it in Sept.

We are doing a standard view at AKV as that uses the least amount of points. We bank one year and use one year to be able to afford a 2 BR so the leeches...I'm mean my wonderful sister and niece can come with us.

I know we can pool hop but not to Beach Club. I prefer to stay at our resort because we travel with the Disney busses so it can eat up alot of your day. This way we wander down and then wander back up and crash for a while before going out to dinner.

We did have plans to cook more this time but we still have lots of ADR's. There's too many great restaurants to eat at

Looking forward to the trip because it's a different trip everytime we go, in that, we do at least one thing we haven't done before.

I think this time it's see how many different alcoholic bevvies we can enjoy that we haven't had before

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
purplepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #102
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I agree! That sounds like a great idea!! I would have liked to talked more to the other end of the table too!! lol

I think it would be more relaxed!! and the kids would probably enjoy it more as well.

Maybe a picnic spot at Birds Hill Park or even Assiniboine Park!
Anywhere would work for me!!

Thanks again everyone to a great dis meet!!

Debbie
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #103
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:

Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #104
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I'm in. I'm behind on the reading but I'm in. I'm gonna need chapter links to keep up with you at the rate you are going.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #105
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

A park would be great. Much easier for kids and adults.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: