Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #76
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Just checking in to let you know I am all caught up again! Real life really throws me out of the loop sometimes!

Have a wonderful DISmeet weekend!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey Queen -

I hate the time change too. I have to get up at 5am, so its a real kick in the butt. The first morning I never heard my alarm for the first 1/2 hour. I thought it broke!

WOOT WOOT on the airmiles! that is awesome!!!!! What a great way to get a free ticket!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #78
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Airmiles sound awesome!! So neat that you can have a Dis-meet this weekend. Can't wait for another update!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #79
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend as much as we are! This time change does me in more and more every year...can't have anything to do with me getting older!

I will try and get a post together this weekend but I am out tonight, most of tomorrow and breakfast with my Winnipeg Dis-friends on Sunday which we cannot wait for!!! We are so excited to meet all our new friends

I had to share some exciting news though...for our Canadian friends they all know about airmiles.ca and how we love to collect them! Well I had enough points to buy one 7 day park pass! What made it even better was that they had a special which was "get a 7 day pass for the price of a 3 day". It wasn't a significant difference in the amount of airmiles ( I think maybe 25), but hey, better in my account than theirs I am torn between waiting and seeing if I can accumulate enough for another one (I need 2250 and I have 1357). I think I will wait and see!

I hope to squeeze in another report this weekend....maybe Sunday afternoon after our Dis-meet
I am looking forward to Sunday as well!!
I am also an avid collector of airmiles!!!!!
And I don't mean to burst your bubble but do you know that for 2200 airmiles you can fly somewhere in Canada like Toronto or Calgary return which means that those airmiles could be worth about 400-700 bucks depending where you go. How much does the 7 day pass actually cost in dollars? Make sure you do your math before you use your airmiles for them!
We only use our airmiles for flights, hotels and car rentals. We find we get more bang for our buck to use the airmiles that way.
Good luck with figuring it out!!
We also have the BMO Mastercard so that flights cost 25% less airmiles than needed at either peek time or off season time and we find its really worth it.
I don't even use that card. I just have it!!

Anyway, have a great Friday night!
I'm done the full time job for the week and have a couple salon clients and then the weekend is mine!!!

Debbie

Last edited by Purpleblanket; 03-18-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Purpleblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #80
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Hi Queen.

I am a little late but I am here. You are so lucky to have a family that loves Disney as much as you. My DH, my children and I are lovers but the rest of my family, not so much. I get the "You are going there again!?!" speech every time we tell them that we are going back. We have 3 kids so we are only been able to go every few years.

We will be there from Aug. 17 - 26 so we overlap by a few days. Maybe we will run into each other. We are staying in a family suite at ASMu for the first time. What did you and Jasmine think of the resort?

Looking forward to more!

Kelly
Hi Kelly, thanks so much for joining us!!

I am tired to the "you're going again" speech, why do people think we care what they think We love what we love and that's all that matters

If you see us, please stop us and say hello!!! We absolutely love ASMu....it was the first resort we stayed at when Jasmine was 6 so we have wonderful memories....I watched her grow up throughout our trips at that resort! I peeked in a few windows of the family suites and they look great....2 bathrooms, you gotta love that!!

Thank you again for following along!!!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:29 AM   #81
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear all about your DISmeet!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #82
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Just checking in to let you know I am all caught up again! Real life really throws me out of the loop sometimes!

Have a wonderful DISmeet weekend!
I sure hear you on that my friend!! Thanks so much...I'll tell you all about it tomorrow afternoon Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey Queen -

I hate the time change too. I have to get up at 5am, so its a real kick in the butt. The first morning I never heard my alarm for the first 1/2 hour. I thought it broke!

WOOT WOOT on the airmiles! that is awesome!!!!! What a great way to get a free ticket!
Hey Mary Ellen!!

I love that you thought it was broken...I could hardly sleep that night for fear of missing my alarm too

I love my airmiles! They have paid for more park passes than I can remember! Then when we arrive I just add on 3 more days and we're good to go....love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Airmiles sound awesome!! So neat that you can have a Dis-meet this weekend. Can't wait for another update!
I went out for dinner with a couple of my girlfriends last night to a restaurant that accepts the airmiles card and they both don't have a card so I got their miles too We're really looking forward to our Dis-meet! I promise an update tomorrow afternoon!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #83
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I can't wait to hear all about your DISmeet!
Planning this Dismeet sure brought back memories of last summer and meeting you guys for breakfast Sure am going to miss that this year...
Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #84
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

I doubt it, but I think I'll at least try Me, my grandparents, my brother, my uncle, and my parents are all going camping over Memorial Day weekend, so I might try to talk to her about it then! One good thing is that last weekend when I was visiting them I was in the hot tub with my step-dad and my mom and my step-dad promised me as soon as I graduate from college he will pay in full for me to go to Disney!!!! I'm excited! That means I only have to wait another year and a half!!!! I'm having a garage sale and I'm hoping that I can make some money and i'll put all of it in my trip fund! I never got your pm I made sure it was enabled! Can't wait for your update and to hear all about your Dis meet!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
hollisterluva92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #85
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]
I went out for dinner with a couple of my girlfriends last night to a restaurant that accepts the airmiles card and they both don't have a card so I got their miles too
SWEET!!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #86
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

HI!!
I had a great time meeting everybody this morning.

Here is the link to that DisSite I was talking about this morning.
He has made great videos of his trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2636669

Oh, and strike my comment about the airmiles.... you obviously know
what you're doing!!

Talk to you soon!

Debbie
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #87
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Hi, Queen. I hope you had a great breakfast DIS-meet. Can't wait to hear all about it.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #88
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

What a great time at our DIS meet today at the Pancake House. It was wonderful meeting all of you and sharing stories!!!! We should try and do this on a regular basis!!!! Thanks everyone.

Geodoc, Puplepeg, Snow White, Mini Montana
Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #89
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Hi! Had a lot of fun at the Winnipeg Dis meet today! Only sorry I didn't get much of a chance to chat with everybody. Kinda tough when you're at a long table. I gotta admit that I was reeeeeaaaaal curious if Snow white would be able to finish that huge apple pancake!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #90
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

Great to see you all this morning!! Had a great time meeting all the new faces, and seeing familiar ones too!! I agree we need to get together more often, maybe some round tables!! LOL

Queen- I hope Jas is feeling ok!
pkondz- good luck to your dd this evening!

Have a great day everyone!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: