Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #31
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!!

You don't like AKL!!?? Are you guys in Kidani or Jambo?? I really like Kidani when I toured it before it opened to the public but my only gripe was the size of the gift shop being super small and that they don't have a food court area excpet for a few things at the pool bar. Jambo on the other hand has a great pool, food court, and huge gift shop. I guess you're only a small bus ride to that right?!

Edit..I saw you're in Jambo. IMO, it's better for what you and Jas do and by that I mean eat and use the pool/hot tub I think the gift shop is also a great feature and will offer what you need in terms of stocking anything in your villa without having to leave!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I'm here!!!

I can't wait until August it is going to be so much fun!

I look forward to hearing all about your Disney plans!
Hey Caitlin,

We are so excited about seeing you guys in August...it's going to be fantastic! I am off to the gym, then to stop and get groceries but I should have another update up late this afternoon or this evening!

How's George?
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #33
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!!!

You don't like AKL!!?? Are you guys in Kidani or Jambo?? I really like Kidani when I toured it before it opened to the public but my only gripe was the size of the gift shop being super small and that they don't have a food court area excpet for a few things at the pool bar. Jambo on the other hand has a great pool, food court, and huge gift shop. I guess you're only a small bus ride to that right?!

Edit..I saw you're in Jambo. IMO, it's better for what you and Jas do and by that I mean eat and use the pool/hot tub I think the gift shop is also a great feature and will offer what you need in terms of stocking anything in your villa without having to leave!
Yeah you're here!!!

It's not that I don't like it...I don't like how dark it is in the rooms. I think staying at SSR as our first deluxe resort spoiled me to the bright colors and lots of natural light their rooms have. I LOVE the pool, I love Boma and I love the lobby!!! The gift is amazing IMO!! I have been known to purchase a thing or two in there!

Can't believe you're only 4 days away from your trip? Will you get your test results before then
Old 03-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #34
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey Caitlin,

We are so excited about seeing you guys in August...it's going to be fantastic! I am off to the gym, then to stop and get groceries but I should have another update up late this afternoon or this evening!

How's George?

Gym and groceries - I guess the blizzard is over.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #35
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

[Ignoring the above post...

Declan and I are looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we should begin our PTR since we have already made a few purchases for the trip
Old 03-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #36
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Yay a new Pre-TR!! Can't wait to hear all about the upcoming trip .

I Believe In Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #37
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Gym and groceries - I guess the blizzard is over.
Yes...blizzard is over...I was hoping for no gym this weekend....no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
[Ignoring the above post...

Declan and I are looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe we should begin our PTR since we have already made a few purchases for the trip
you make me laugh!!

We can't wait to see you guys!! You really should start your PTR....cause now I'm dying to know what you bought Break it to me gently...was Target the place of purchases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Yay a new Pre-TR!! Can't wait to hear all about the upcoming trip .
Hey Samantha, so happy you're joining us again!! Can't wait to tell you all about it!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #38
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I have to finish cleaning, but will b e back tonight to catch up while drinking my glass of wine after a long day of straightening up around here.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #39
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here. I have to finish cleaning, but will b e back tonight to catch up while drinking my glass of wine after a long day of straightening up around here.
Yeah!!! So happy you're here Kathy....glass of wine? Boy that sounds good right about now.....
Old 03-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #40
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Looks like August 21 will be here before we know it so I better get working on this PTR! Just a quick recap .... we are leaving here on August 21 returning on September 3 (13 nights..I'll do the math ) staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Jambo House in AKL! We usually add on the DDP but we aren't this year .... we'll be using the Tables in Wonderland card (again, thanks to Geodoc and Purplepeg)....we'll see which we like better! I have mixed feelings about not doing the DDP because we have on every trip since they introduced it, however, with having the full kitchen we hope we'll eat in the room a little more!!

Jasmine and I have been stalking the airline sites and so far it's not looking so good! I checked my binder from our September trip and I didn't actually book our airfare until Aug 8 so I guess I shouldn't panic just yet The prices are UGLYYYYYY!! I am hoping for the early morning Delta flight through Minneapolis which will get us into Orlando around 2ish! If Westjet or Air Canada come out with a half decent seat sale though we'll go through Toronto...just hate having to get our bags and going through Customs in under an hourNow having said that, when the rest of the crew went on their cruise last month, they went through Chicago on United and it was a pretty decent departure time getting them into Orlando around 730pm. I will keep you posted on the flights!!

Our plan for the first day is the same as every trip we've ever gone on....DTD!! We love spending our first evening there, we check out the shops, see how much money we'll probably spend and then check in for dinner. We will be dining at our traditional restaurant.....where is that you ask???

Here is a photo of the crew in front of our choice in 2009! Jasmine was hoping we would detour from our traditions and maybe try WPC but we voted and she lost That will be another day!!!

We try and make it a pretty early evening and this year will be no different. Hopefully when we return to the resort our luggage will be there along with our Garden Grocer order! Peg and I will get everything in order, unpacked and organized for the stay!

Up next....how did we decide on ADR's?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #41
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

How did you decide ADRs...hmm.. I think this would be appropriate here.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #42
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to hearing how you find the TIW card and if you miss DDP.

Am with you on stalking airline sites and the prices being UGLY - feel better after hearing how near your trip you booked last time round.

on sticking with tradition - like my mum always says if something isn't broken, why fix it!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #43
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

What is a Tables in Wonderland Card?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #44
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
How did you decide ADRs...hmm.. I think this would be appropriate here.
I must remember "when reading a post from pooksma, put down the beverage or it ends up spraying all over computer"That was so fitting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing how you find the TIW card and if you miss DDP.

Am with you on stalking airline sites and the prices being UGLY - feel better after hearing how near your trip you booked last time round.

on sticking with tradition - like my mum always says if something isn't broken, why fix it!
I think we tend to eat more when on the DDP...if we weren't on it, I know we wouldn't order dessert at lunch and dinner...or at least we would split it! We're also planning on trying to split some meals so we'll see how that goes too! I am going to keep track of price and exactly what we ate and drank so will pass it along

It was driving me a little crazy so I went and pulled out last years binder and boy did that take a load of my mind! Couldn't agree with your mum more!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #45
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Yeah you're here!!!

It's not that I don't like it...I don't like how dark it is in the rooms. I think staying at SSR as our first deluxe resort spoiled me to the bright colors and lots of natural light their rooms have. I LOVE the pool, I love Boma and I love the lobby!!! The gift is amazing IMO!! I have been known to purchase a thing or two in there!

Can't believe you're only 4 days away from your trip? Will you get your test results before then
Sadly not till April 5th but it will come soon enough!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: