Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #151
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

So I promised another update this weekend so here it is I thought I would share with you the ADR's that we've made!!

Aug 21 Raglan Road for dinner
traditional first meal at WDW for the last several trips

Aug 22 our favorite restaurant on property Le Cellier for dinner
Jasmine can't wait to have her soup here

Aug 23 Sci Fi Dine In for lunch
even though the food isn't great, we love the atmosphere

Aug 24 Boma for dinner with our friends Declansdad, Pooksma and Declan...cannot wait to see them again!!!

Aug 25 Les Chefs du France for dinner
hopefully a certain little chef will make an appearance

Aug 26 Tusker House for breakfast (first time for all of us)
the only character meal of our trip...
Aug 27 Beaches and Cream for lunch (Mini Montana's birthday so this was her choice)

Aug 28 Boma for breakfast (pressed pot coffee) Cape May for dinner
Jasmine and I have only been to Cape May for breakie so looking
forward to it for dinner

Aug 29 We're gonna fly by the seat of our pants on this day

Aug 30 Via Napoli for dinner
first time visit for Peg and family...Jasmine and I loved this when we
were here in September

Aug 31 Le Cellier for lunch with our friends Dawnbu40 and PrincessCaitlin (can't wait to meet these ladies for the first time although they feel like old friends) Captains Grille for late dinner

Sep 1 Wolfgang Puck Cafe for dinner
two words.....carrot.cake

Sep 2 O'Hana's for breakfast...again a first for us
I just realized this is a character meal too

There you have them....everyone got to pick their favorites so it was fair to everyone! We're looking forward to some of the new ones we've never tried and we're all extremely excited about trying the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #152
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

all of your meals sound great Can't wait to hear how they all went
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #153
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Nice ADR list!!!

I had to back-track to see if you were having the DDP again this year but it looks like you aren't unless that has changed! That's always a huge issue for us to decide. We love 1 TS a day and for us, that one TS is the price for the DDP for the day so we usually just add it on. We found that even at $48 a day (our DDP for last week), we were still able to meet that $48 with use our TS and if not that, it was for sure our TS + a little of the CS lol. TIW is good too but I've decided it's sometimes a better option for those who live in FL or go to WDW a ton and don't always say on site or get a DDP. I probably won't buy TIW until I move back to FL. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents, you might want to think about adding on the DDP based on some of those TS meals you have planned, especially if you love getting dessert
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #154
cdotla
Trish

Sounds like an awesome line-up of ADRs Queen!

And 2 visits to Le Cellier...I am impressed!
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #155
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Queen, great list of restaurants and fun DIS meets too. We love Cape May Cafe...I think you and Jasmine will too. Tell Jas to enjoy that soup for me as we aren't going to LeCellier this year and I will miss it (although I maya try to get a cup to go).
Old 03-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #156
Dsnygrl1205
DIS Veteran

ADRs look great! I'm trying to decide between Coral Reef and Chefs for dinner on our fist night in September. We have never been to either. If you had to choose between the two which one would you go with?
We ate at Sci Fi this last trip and we all liked it a lot! I had the beef and blue salad (with ranch instead of blue cheese dressing) and it was fantastic! I would most definitely go back just for that! The atmosphere is awesome too, though! Hope you like it better this time around.
1983 Fort Wilderness Cabins, 2002 ASMo, 2003 ASMu, 2006 ASMo, 2007 ASSp, 2008 POFQ, 2009 ASSp, CSR & Pop, 2010 AKL, ASMo & Pop, 2011 AKL & Poly, 2012 POR, AKL & ASSp, 2013 Contemporary & BWI, 2014 POFQ, & BC
Dsnygrl1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #157
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Wow you have a full line up! Sounds great! If you like seafood you are sure to enjoy Cape May's dinner. We loved it so much in August we're going back in May
dawnbu40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #158
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

Great update Jackie! The ADR's sound great! I'm jealous! I'll put my input in on them
-Raglan Road: never been, but sounds great! I actually found a restaurant in Downtown KC called Raglan Road that I now have to try!
-Le Cellier: Me and my mom tried to get in there on our first day at Epcot for dinner because we had a big lunch and didn't think that we'd be hungry...but we were! There wasn't any openings so we couldn't get in.....but that's a must for my next trip! The pretzel bread and cheese soup looks amazing!
-Sci Fi Dine-In: This was our first meal of the trip and the first time at that restaurant! The food wasn't amazing, but it was good enough! I loved the milkshake and onion rings! I went there more for the atmosphere, but it was still fun!
-Boma: Me and my family ate there multiple times back in 2004 when we stayed at AKL and it was really good! I loved their vanilla rooibos tea!
-Les Chefs' De France: Never been! When we went last trip we picked some up snacks at the Boulangerie Patisserie and they were all amazing! Here's all the ones we tried over the course of 3 different trips!
Caramel Souffle
Chocolate Mousse
Coconut Pyramid
Cream Puff
Napoleon
Cheesecake
Pralineige
-Tusker House: Great character meal! I loved the characters and the atmosphere! Here's two pictures! Make sure to get the Jungle Juice, it's great!

-Beaches and Cream: Still haven't been! Next trip it's a must to try the ice cream!
-Cape May: Never been, eventually want to get there. Wish they were still doing the character meal!
-Via Napoli: Opened after we went, but might try it! I'm not a huge pizza person, so it's not on the top of my list.
-Wolfgang Puck Cafe: we went here back in 2004, but I don't remember it!
-O'hana: this is on the top of my list for my next trip!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
hollisterluva92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #159
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love all your ADRs! Am looking forward to hearing your reviews as we will also be eating at Les Chefs de France, Tusker House, Boma and B&C
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #160
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great choices (all 14 of them - phew!). You are going to have a fab trip and you must be so excited for your meet with Dawn and Caitlin. so jealous. Believe me, I have wracked my brains to figure out how to take a quick trip during that time period before my AP expires, but it just isn't going to happen.
But - I will be there in spirit!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #161
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
all of your meals sound great Can't wait to hear how they all went
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Nice ADR list!!!

I had to back-track to see if you were having the DDP again this year but it looks like you aren't unless that has changed! That's always a huge issue for us to decide. We love 1 TS a day and for us, that one TS is the price for the DDP for the day so we usually just add it on. We found that even at $48 a day (our DDP for last week), we were still able to meet that $48 with use our TS and if not that, it was for sure our TS + a little of the CS lol. TIW is good too but I've decided it's sometimes a better option for those who live in FL or go to WDW a ton and don't always say on site or get a DDP. I probably won't buy TIW until I move back to FL. Anyways, that's just my 2 cents, you might want to think about adding on the DDP based on some of those TS meals you have planned, especially if you love getting dessert
We went back and forth over the DDP and decided not to do it. I find we eat too much when we get it and this way Jasmine and I are going to split all of our meals...it will keep this Weight Watchers girl honest If there are some meals she doesn't want to split, I will split with my sister or nieces...and yes, we love dessert but again, we'll split! The only thing I refuse to share are my Grey Goose Slushies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Sounds like an awesome line-up of ADRs Queen!

And 2 visits to Le Cellier...I am impressed!
Thanks I have to thank the second ADR to Dawn...she snagged that one for us...and I'm pretty darned happy about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Queen, great list of restaurants and fun DIS meets too. We love Cape May Cafe...I think you and Jasmine will too. Tell Jas to enjoy that soup for me as we aren't going to LeCellier this year and I will miss it (although I maya try to get a cup to go).

I am really looking forward to having dinner at Cape May...My sis and her hubby went for dinner when we were all there in Sept and they loved it. All of us love seafood, except Mini Montana, but if there's mac and cheese she'll be a happy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnygrl1205 View Post
ADRs look great! I'm trying to decide between Coral Reef and Chefs for dinner on our fist night in September. We have never been to either. If you had to choose between the two which one would you go with?
We ate at Sci Fi this last trip and we all liked it a lot! I had the beef and blue salad (with ranch instead of blue cheese dressing) and it was fantastic! I would most definitely go back just for that! The atmosphere is awesome too, though! Hope you like it better this time around.
I love the pork tenderloin at Coral Reef and I love the atmosphere there! We've been hit and miss on servers there and you know how that can make or break a dining experience We had a great meal at Les Chefs in Sep also.....I think I would go Les Chefs du France....we've never had a bad experience there!!!

I am so ordering that salad...I was thinking about all the bad choices there, but that sounds delish!!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Wow you have a full line up! Sounds great! If you like seafood you are sure to enjoy Cape May's dinner. We loved it so much in August we're going back in May
I am really looking forward to Cape May....we've only had breakfast there and we quite enjoyed it! Can't wait to hear all about it when you go in May
Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #162
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
Great update Jackie! The ADR's sound great! I'm jealous! I'll put my input in on them
-Raglan Road: never been, but sounds great! I actually found a restaurant in Downtown KC called Raglan Road that I now have to try!
-Le Cellier: Me and my mom tried to get in there on our first day at Epcot for dinner because we had a big lunch and didn't think that we'd be hungry...but we were! There wasn't any openings so we couldn't get in.....but that's a must for my next trip! The pretzel bread and cheese soup looks amazing!
-Sci Fi Dine-In: This was our first meal of the trip and the first time at that restaurant! The food wasn't amazing, but it was good enough! I loved the milkshake and onion rings! I went there more for the atmosphere, but it was still fun!
-Boma: Me and my family ate there multiple times back in 2004 when we stayed at AKL and it was really good! I loved their vanilla rooibos tea!
-Les Chefs' De France: Never been! When we went last trip we picked some up snacks at the Boulangerie Patisserie and they were all amazing! Here's all the ones we tried over the course of 3 different trips!
Caramel Souffle
Chocolate Mousse
Coconut Pyramid
Cream Puff
Napoleon
Cheesecake
Pralineige
-Tusker House: Great character meal! I loved the characters and the atmosphere! Here's two pictures! Make sure to get the Jungle Juice, it's great!
-Beaches and Cream: Still haven't been! Next trip it's a must to try the ice cream!
-Cape May: Never been, eventually want to get there. Wish they were still doing the character meal!
-Via Napoli: Opened after we went, but might try it! I'm not a huge pizza person, so it's not on the top of my list.
-Wolfgang Puck Cafe: we went here back in 2004, but I don't remember it!
-O'hana: this is on the top of my list for my next trip!

Thanks so much for sharing all your experiences. Eating at Disney is one of my favorite things to do! One of these trips I want to do the deluxe dining...maybe the girls trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love all your ADRs! Am looking forward to hearing your reviews as we will also be eating at Les Chefs de France, Tusker House, Boma and B&C
Thanks We clearly have the same taste in restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great choices (all 14 of them - phew!). You are going to have a fab trip and you must be so excited for your meet with Dawn and Caitlin. so jealous. Believe me, I have wracked my brains to figure out how to take a quick trip during that time period before my AP expires, but it just isn't going to happen.
But - I will be there in spirit!
So excited to meet up with them, I can't wait and neither can Jas! How much fun would that have been if you could have made something work?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #163
JMat
Mouseketeer

Virtual high-five for the ADRs. Its like you are the gunslinger of dining reservations. First to call, and locked down some of the hardest restaurants. TWO Le Cellier? Its like angels sang when you got through to that CM.

O'Hana has been a favorite of mine for many years - food is always outstanding, the atmosphere wonderfully relaxing - and the view is one of my favorites. The bread pudding at the end is killer, but I usually save room to go downstairs to get a GIANT dole whip for the bus ride home

Boma is a new fave - they have some sort of Zebra magic cake (that may have alcohol in it?) but I was embarrassing myself by eating so many.

GREAT choices - and you now know ill be consulting with you prior to any meal plans in the future!

Happy Sunday to you & Jas
Old 03-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #164
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Virtual high-five for the ADRs. Its like you are the gunslinger of dining reservations. First to call, and locked down some of the hardest restaurants. TWO Le Cellier? Its like angels sang when you got through to that CM.

O'Hana has been a favorite of mine for many years - food is always outstanding, the atmosphere wonderfully relaxing - and the view is one of my favorites. The bread pudding at the end is killer, but I usually save room to go downstairs to get a GIANT dole whip for the bus ride home

Boma is a new fave - they have some sort of Zebra magic cake (that may have alcohol in it?) but I was embarrassing myself by eating so many.

GREAT choices - and you now know ill be consulting with you prior to any meal plans in the future!

Happy Sunday to you & Jas
I hope you're enjoying your Sunday! The sun is shining and although it says it's zero outside it just feels better when the sun is shining!

Love O'hana's for dinner...but I never thought of going downstairs to get a dole whip for the ride home...you're one smart girl

Zebra Domes...little pieces of heaven....I have snarffed down a few of those whilst eating at Boma When we stayed at AKL in 2009 I bought some and kept them in our fridge....they kept calling to me

Old 03-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #165
cafox85
Earning My Ears

So I was a lurker on your last TR...there I admitted it so I decided to join the party on this one! All of your ADR's look amazing! Its been a while since I've been to the World (2006 yikes!) but I am hopefully taking my little princess for her 3rd birthday sometime beginning of next year! So I am definitely living through everyone's TR's and feeding my addiction haha. I used to work at the Yacht Club so I ventured over to Beaches and Cream quite often after work and it is delish! Hopefully this trip will not include any large creepy spiders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: