Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
Ning Ning
Mouseketeer

Bookit.com

Has anyone ever booked a room through bookit.com? There's a really great deal on the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista and I'm just wondering if there's a catch to it. I've placed this on the Orlando Resorts board too, but I figured the Budget Board folks might know something about it. Thanks!
Ning Ning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

They also have a decent deal on Disney tix if you book a hotel and a 14 day pass to wet and wild for 49.xx. I have priced things out there but never booked anything.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Mickey527
DIS Veteran

I use Bookit all the time.
I just did a last minute trip a few weeks ago and got Howard Johnson Maingate East for $23 a night. Not the fanciest hotel but we just needed beds to sleep in, we spent most of our time at the parks.
I stayed at Orlando Vista (the Pineapple Hotel) for $35 in July and Ramada Maingate West for $25 last August.
the good thing about Bookit is that they tell you the name of the resort and you can check reviews before booking. I do a search on the hotel and get other reviews, not just the bookit ones and get a pretty clear picture of what I will find at the hotel. I haven't had any problems and got exactly what I expected.
I don't use the pools at the hotels I stay at, and mostly just use the bed to sleep and the shower to get ready, when I am in Orlando I spend most of my time at the parks.
I do always do a room search before entering, check the besd for bugs, the room for odors or cigarettes, and make sure the room is clean. I also toss off the spread as soon as I enter and we always bring slippers since I don't want to know what was or could be on the rugs, but we are all still alive and I have been traveling to WDW 3-4 times a year since 1987.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Pumpkinmuffin
Mouseketeer

I don't know how it compares to bookit, but travelzoo.com has a link to the Clarion (I booked it a couple days ago) for around $49 AND it's fully refundable up to a day or so before your trip if need be.
Pumpkinmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Ning Ning
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thanks for the input y'all. With this offer, we can get a 7 day PH for the price of a 3 day PH. Total for 2 adults + 2 teens = $1638 for 7 nights plus tickets! Even if we decide to drive to the parks each day ($84 total), that's only $444 more than what my current POR 7-night room only costs.

I guess this should be a no brainer!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Ning Ning
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinmuffin View Post
I don't know how it compares to bookit, but travelzoo.com has a link to the Clarion (I booked it a couple days ago) for around $49 AND it's fully refundable up to a day or so before your trip if need be.
We must have been writing at the same time. Bookit has a $19.95 fee for cancellations up to one day before arrival, and that wouldn't be a problem for me if we had to use it. I'll check out travelzoo.com, too. Does it also include the 7 day PH for the price of a 3 day PH?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
Pumpkinmuffin
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I don't know about what they are selling their tickets for.
Pumpkinmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: