Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Nebraska_Disney
Mouseketeer

Disney Gift Cards--can you combine them?

Our 2 kids each have 3-$25 gift cards for Disney that they received for Christmas. Instead of having 6 cards to take through the parks, can we combine them on to two cards, one for each child? If this is possible, how/where can this be done or who do you speak with?

Thanks in advance
Nebraska_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Minerva6116
Earning My Ears

I have this same problem and I was told at the Disney store that you cannot combine them
Oh well, better to have too many gift cards than none at all
Minerva6116 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
skimple
Earning My Ears

Well, I'm not so sure that it can't be done:

1 Contact the Disney Gift Card hotline at 877-650-4327.
2 Press "1" for an English speaking representative or "2" for Spanish
3 Press "0" to reach an operator.
4 Tell the operator that you wish to combine your Disney Gift Cards.
5 Read the card number of each Disney Gift Card to the rep. Your
representative will ask for the card numbers one by one.
6 Tell the Disney representative which card that you wish to have the
entire new balance on. You must know the PIN (Personal
Identification Number) for the chosen card.
7 Obtain confirmation from the Disney representative that your
balance has been combined. Your Disney representative will give
you the new total balance at that time.

Read more: How to Combine Disney Gift Cards | eHow.com

I have not tried it personally, but I found two separate references that said you can call customer service to combine them.

skimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

has anyone successfully done it??

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

that ehow article apparently is old because after much investigating I have found that no, it can't be done. This was hard news to take since I was holding 22 separate gift cards which I wanted to pay off my dining plan with
But the good news is, I called in for the plan this morning and the CM was so kind and patient about it and everything worked out great!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
nostresshere
Earning My Ears

Why is this a big deal. Sort of like have 6 $20 bills in your pocket,3 - $10 and 2- $5 dollar bills. Just spend them as you need to.

Am I missing something?
nostresshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
Nissi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostresshere View Post
Why is this a big deal. Sort of like have 6 $20 bills in your pocket,3 - $10 and 2- $5 dollar bills. Just spend them as you need to.

Am I missing something?
I was just thinking that same thing. And 3 cards each NOT alot. Whenever I have a little extra money, I order a new Disney GC from the Disney Store because they are free shipping. I expect I'll have about 15 when we go down in November. If a meal or souvie costs $60, I can give them 2 $25's and a $10 or whatever. No biggie!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Jazcat
Mouseketeer

if you are staying at a Disney resort you can put them as money down for charges and then just charge it to room key, We did that and just kept track of how much was left
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

At the windows where we can sell and reload Gift Cards, we are not allowed to accept a Disney Gift Card for the purchase of a new Disney Gift Card.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

We also just charged everything to the room (keeping careful track of how much was spent) and then each night went down and paid the balance with the gift cards. It was much easier that way than carrying the gift cards around with us. Just remember if you don't want it all to get put on your credit card, you have to pay it off before you go to bed on your last night!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
SchottFamily
Earning My Ears

I think the main issue, for me at least, is that while the Disney phone cast members will graciously accept several (my highest was 27) gift cards for hotel and dining plan purchases, but they cannot do the same with ticket purchases.

Apparently the ticket purchases are through a different system and they only allow two payment entries for the balance of the order. A single gift card counts as one payment entry.

Therefore, I'm left with the option of driving 50 miles south to a Disney Store to buy them in person, or waiting until I am in Orlando and use up my precious Disney time waiting in line for tickets.

However, this also brings up the point that FastPASS+ may or may not be available for a ticket purchased literally 5 minutes before I walk into the park...
SchottFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #12
angieand3rs
Mouseketeer

According to the gift card customer service, you can only combine them at a Disney store or on property.

However, this morning I was able to pay with 12 gift cards for tickets on the phone! I had to be transferred to the will-call office to have them available at will-call instead of shipped, but it's possible!

Momma of two beautiful girls!

Too many to count before '03, June 03, July 03, June 06, Aug 06, Aug 07 (Birthday), Dec 07 (Birthday/Got engaged), June 08 (as chaperones), Dec 08 (Honeymoon), April 09 (dating anniversary), May 2011 (DD1's 1st Birthday), Next stop: Dec 2012 (DD2's 1st Birthday, my bday, wedding anniversary).
angieand3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Have remembered a long time from the Food & Wine Festival that you cannot use a Disney gift card to load another Disney gift card (those who want to transfer gift card balances to Festival wristbanded gift cards have found this out).

remember if you get a refund of gift card purchases for anything, it will be refunded to the gift cards, so don't throw out the cards if you anticipate a refund somewhere along the line.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #14
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

If you have kids who want to use their own gift cards, but have multiple each, I would take one or two cards to the parks each day and leave the rest in the hotel safe so you aren't worried about carrying them around all day. If your kid wants to make a BIG purchase that would require $100 worth of gift cards, he/she will probably want to think about that one for a few days anyway, so you can always come back for it. Not ideal, but I wouldn't want my kids holding onto 6 different gift cards at one time either, so I understand.
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #15
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand3rs View Post
According to the gift card customer service, you can only combine them at a Disney store or on property.

However, this morning I was able to pay with 12 gift cards for tickets on the phone! I had to be transferred to the will-call office to have them available at will-call instead of shipped, but it's possible!
You cannot combine gift cards, even in person, but you can use multiple gift cards for payment. This was one of my complaints about my last trip...even Starbucks lets you combine, through their app no less!
CassieF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: