Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #61
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
I love, love,love my Chamilia bracelet....my DH got me one this past christmas and he buys me a new bead each holiday. Mine is isn't just Disney, there are other beads that have special meanings to him and me

It is a work in progress

After I fill this one up, I am going to start a new one specifically Disney!!
That is exactly what I am going to do in the future too Currently mine too has Disney and beads that have special meaning. But soon I am going to have one just specific to Disney, thinking that will happen in Sept. when I go to Disney and just have to buy some more beads.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #62
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

More beautiful bracelets! Anyone care to share which bracelet style they prefer? I am going to ask DH if I can get one for my bday if it is in our budget, but not sure which style I like the best? Does one style hold more beads than the other?

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #63
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFairie View Post
More beautiful bracelets! Anyone care to share which bracelet style they prefer? I am going to ask DH if I can get one for my bday if it is in our budget, but not sure which style I like the best? Does one style hold more beads than the other?
I think it's really just personal preference as to which style you like best. One thing you need to think about though is how many beads you want on your bracelet. If you think that you will fill it someday, you need to make sure it is big enough, otherwise they get tight with all those beads on it.

Also, if you go with the bangle style bracelet (Chamilia) you don't need to purchase any locks to keep the beads in place, since it has little balls that slide on.

The best thing to do is to go try some on and see what feels best to you.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #64
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

Thanks HockeyMomNH! I was wondering about the bead issue. I have unusually thin wrists and was afraid the bracelt would be too big and fall off, but if I can get a bracelet I would definately want to fill it up. I like the look of it with beads all the way around. On the other hand, I like the look of the bangle with beads just on the top too. Now add in the fact that I already have a long list of beads that I want and I don't know what to choose. Oh, such tough decisions!

Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #65
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFairie View Post
Thanks HockeyMomNH! I was wondering about the bead issue. I have unusually thin wrists and was afraid the bracelt would be too big and fall off, but if I can get a bracelet I would definately want to fill it up. I like the look of it with beads all the way around. On the other hand, I like the look of the bangle with beads just on the top too. Now add in the fact that I already have a long list of beads that I want and I don't know what to choose. Oh, such tough decisions!
I have pretty small wrists too. To give you an idea of what you can fit on a bracelet, my black and red bracelet is 7.5 inches, and the pink one is 7.1 inches.

The bracelets do tend to stretch from the weight of the beads too, so they will get a little looser after you have worn them for a while.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #66
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
That is exactly what I am going to do in the future too Currently mine too has Disney and beads that have special meaning. But soon I am going to have one just specific to Disney, thinking that will happen in Sept. when I go to Disney and just have to buy some more beads.
I used Christmas money from my mom and dad to buy a black leather bracelet and a daughter charm. I've been to the jewelry store so much that the girl there "knows" me and suggested I use the black bracelet for my Disney charms so that that's what I decided to do. So I have one Disney bracelet and one other bracelet. It's just so hard to decide which one to wear on which days.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #67
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I'd better not show my daughter the peace love mickey one. She'd want that for sure. I started her a Miss Chamilia bracelet with the peace love mickey beads for Christmas. I'll have to add a pic of that.
I don't have anyone in my life I would/could buy the Miss Chamilia for, but I would LOVE to see a picture. From what I've seen of them in print they look adorable.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #68
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I wish the Miss Chamilia beads fit the regular bracelets because they have some really cute Disney ones

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #69
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Here is my daughter's miss chamilia bracelet.

They are really cute, but tiny. They might work nicely on a thin necklace too.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #70
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
Here is my daughter's miss chamilia bracelet.

They are really cute, but tiny. They might work nicely on a thin necklace too.
Ohhhh, so cute. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #71
melmar136
DIS Veteran

After seeing all of the Disney Chamilia beads I decided I had to have a bracelet! I got my first one today. I chose the flex bangle style, because I like how you can slide those round beads on it so your other beads won't slide around (without the locks) like on the other type. I can see that I may end up with both styles at some point once I really have enough beads. They seem like they could become addicting!
I didn't buy a bead yet, but told DD which one I have my eye on for Mother's day! I love the Disney one that says Dreams really do come true!
melmar136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #72
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

melmar136 the Dreams reall do come true is my favorite Disney bead! I really like the swirl mickey head dangle too. The murano glass has caught my eye too. Oh, I'll never be able to design a nice bracelet at this rate!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #73
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Size range of the Bangle style

Does it say somewhere as to what the size range is for the bangle style? The choices are just medium, large and x-large.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #74
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
Does it say somewhere as to what the size range is for the bangle style? The choices are just medium, large and x-large.
I wear a size 7 1/4 - 7 1/2 inch bracelet. I have the bangle in a large. I only have the black cz Mickey head bead on it, and I think I might leave it like that because I like the look, accenting that bead. It fits fine with the single bead on it. I don't know how it would be if I tried to fill the entire bangle up with beads, though. Hope this helps!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #75
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey View Post
I wear a size 7 1/4 - 7 1/2 inch bracelet. I have the bangle in a large. I only have the black cz Mickey head bead on it, and I think I might leave it like that because I like the look, accenting that bead. It fits fine with the single bead on it. I don't know how it would be if I tried to fill the entire bangle up with beads, though. Hope this helps!
Yes, that definately helps! Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: