Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Disney Clothes and Shoes!

"Boyfriend" Style Capri's

Spring'ish Shirt

B's Clark Sandals...never heard of them but he said they are super comfy!!

Until next time! Oh yes, I will continue this PTR because it's a great "keepsake" for my family but also because I can see even with as few posts/replies as there are, there are many, many more visitors so I know people are reading...now come out and say hola!!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great job on the shopping. I've heard of those shoes, but I've never had a problem with my flip flops (I have the cushy ones from Nike) and my gym shoes so I'll stick with those.

I got some great capris on sale at K-Mart last week for our unexpected trip to Florida in two weeks.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

i love the surprise! can't wait to hear how it goes!
and i feel you on the clothes shopping! not fun at all!

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #19
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great job on the shopping. I've heard of those shoes, but I've never had a problem with my flip flops (I have the cushy ones from Nike) and my gym shoes so I'll stick with those.

I got some great capris on sale at K-Mart last week for our unexpected trip to Florida in two weeks.
Thanks, Kat! I have had such a hard time finding clothing for this trip..glad you were able to find some capris at Kmart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
i love the surprise! can't wait to hear how it goes!
and i feel you on the clothes shopping! not fun at all!
Welcome, lbuzz! So you understand the no fun on shopping? Ugh!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Surprise!

Monday morning rolled around and with it, brought snow! Awesome! Now how were we going to tell the kids in the freezing snowy cold at the airport?! Time to revamp the plan....leave work a little early, stop at the grocery store so they can blow up the balloons, set up an area of the house with said ballons and goody bags, wake up the kids and surprise!!

Their reaction as follows....so NOT what we expected!!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #21
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We're going to Disney World!

Off to the airport we headed! The sleet and snow set us a little behind...a little too much for my liking! We parked the car in the long term parking lot and waited for the shuttle. and waited. It felt like it took forever and when we finally got on and headed for the airport, I looked at the digital watch the man standing in front of me was wearing and it said 9:21am! OMG!! Our flight leaves at 10:15am and we aren't even at the terminal yet! I was near tears and sick to my stomach...I could just picture this flight becoming even shorter because we miss our flight!

We hit security and thankfully it's moving along but I am still a nervous wreck!! Through security and on our way to the gate at 9:55am!! Help!! We run (reminds me of the airport scene from Home Alone) and make it to the SW gate just as they are borading our section! Phew!! I can finally relax when we are seated and take off begins. The flight was pretty uneventful...approx 1.5 hrs to Kansas City. Oh great!! A connecting flight!

We make it to KC and the airport is so small!! We stop and get Quizno's because we are starving and then I decide we should walk the few steps to our gate because we are close to take off time and I haven't heard an announcement?! Then we hear it....last call for flight 1515. What?! LAST call?! I didn't hear ANY call!! I approach the desk and ask if this is really 1515 to Orlando and she says yes, we take off in 10 minutes....this is last call! I don't know how I managed through these 2 extremely close calls but I did. We board and in 2 hours we are in Orlando! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCO is busy so we head to Magical Express as we had used the lugagge service and would hopefully be seeing our bags laster in night at POP Century!We're in line behind this really nice family from Minnesota and we all wait and wait and wait some more. What in the world is taking so long?!! We look outside and the rain is just coming down. awesome. After a total of 30 minutes'ish, we hop on ME and head to POP...first stop!! Woohoo! Our friends are waiting for us in the lobby and I cannot wait to get to the resort and see them and begin this vacation!

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-13-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #22
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh....I hate when the weather is bad and you have to fly (I hate flying under any circumstances). I'm glad you made it to the airport and through security and got to your plane in time. And what's up with them not making an announcement for the second plane? I am sure your nerves were going through the roof. But all is well that ends well.

Can't wait to read more.

RIP Genie
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh....I hate when the weather is bad and you have to fly (I hate flying under any circumstances). I'm glad you made it to the airport and through security and got to your plane in time. And what's up with them not making an announcement for the second plane? I am sure your nerves were going through the roof. But all is well that ends well.

Can't wait to read more.
Kat...yes, there were some pretty rocky moments from KC to FL...my DH hates it! I'm so glad we made it through, too!! I have no idea what happened with the announcement but we were just steps away and I never heard anything!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #24
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

POP Century!

POP Century is cute! But it is so not for us!! The rooms and beds are way too small. Not saying we wouldn't stay here one night if we had a late flight as it would just be a place to sleep but it's a no-go for more than a night's stay! anyway...we were in the 70's section, near the lake and the gigantic Mickey Phone.

Cuteness!

1970's

Check-In

Lobby

Memorabilia

Kiddie Area in the Lobby

Everything POP...foodcourt and gift shop

Arcade

Hippity Dippity Pool

Petals-Pool Bar

Tiny Beds

Cute Mickey Carpet

70's Poster

Vanity

Shower

Cute Mickey Toiletries

Cute Wall Hooks

Nice TV

Lastly...a video of castmembers doing "The Hustle"...very cute!

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-14-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice pictures of POP. We've never been there (except to drop someone off). We stayed at a value once for three nights and left -- it wasn't the beds (we would each take one of the kids in ours), but the busyness and crowds that we didn't like.

I love the "Hustle" video -- too cute.

RIP Genie
Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #26
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice pictures of POP. We've never been there (except to drop someone off). We stayed at a value once for three nights and left -- it wasn't the beds (we would each take one of the kids in ours), but the busyness and crowds that we didn't like.

I love the "Hustle" video -- too cute.
Kat....the foodcourt was MOBBED our first night! So not fun...I assume because of the rain but we saw it pretty full a couple of other nights when we passed through.

loved the video...cute!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #27
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

My dd didn't react the way I expected when we told her of our first trip either.

Glad the airport ended up working out ok.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Monday 3.28 Magic Kingdom
It was raining when we arrived but stopped as soon as we passed through the gates. The rain must have cleared everyone out because it was empty!! We managed to ride: POC, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain (3 times)...all with little to no wait times!

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-17-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #29
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Tuesday 3.29 Downtown Disney and Hollywood Studios
The rain stayed away most of this day. We had a GREAT time in DTD...I love that place! We arrived so late at Hollywood Studios that night that all we really had time for was Rock-n-Roller Coaster (first time for me, DH, M). never again! I did not like this ride, however, everyone else loved it! Our friend, Jen, rode with us and she just loves this ride....she has probably been on it 1000+ times and between her and the cute pre-show, I was sucked in! Glad I rode it once but once is enough for me! Next 2 and only things we did were Muppets 3D (cute) and Fantasmic! which is always great!!

On the bus with friends!

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-17-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Wednesday 3.30 Epcot
Morning started out nice but that afternoon there was a torrential downpour that turned into rain showers the rest of the night. We did manage to go on some rides we missed in Nov 09. Soarin' (2 times), Test Track, Mission Space for DH and C and Innoventions for me and M, Talk with Crush (loved it!), Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Spent the night in the room with new Legos and also in the POP's Arcade.

Torrential Downpour!! Click on the picture to see the video!

Thursday 3.31 Magic Kingdom
The day started and ended rainy and dreary...this was very sad as I had planned on a FULL (8am-1am) day at MK! We headed to the park, rented a locker and purchased ponchos. $49 later we were standing in line for Peter Pan and then Philharmagic. That's it. That is all we did that day. Magic Kingdom for 2 hours...so very sad. It was raining hard off and on and there was thunder and lightning so all of the rides we enjoy were not operating

Last edited by WDisneyMom; 04-17-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: