Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Post Surprise trip for my Parents 50th wedding annv. Delayed trip

This is my first trip report ever... so I hope that I do it right.

Here is the back story, 18 months ago my mom had a heart attack and she almost did not make it but she is a fighter. I'm very happy to say she has recovered and is doing fine. Toward the end of last year she told me that she would like to go again and "do Disney like you guys do". Which means to stay on property and have to whole experience instead of just the day in the park. We went several times a year from the year when I was a child, but we never were able to stay, those times are such a part of why I'm still a disney kid. great memories

I talked to my brother and we both agreed that this is how we were going to celebrate their 50th, which was in Feb. of this year. But unfortunately he was a victim of the ecomony and the company he worked lost their contract and he lost his job the week of Christmas. So we put the plans on hold and had a party for my parents instead and my parents were so happy and had a wonderful time.

But this request that my mom mentioned in passing conversation has really stuck with me, and I want to make her wish come true. So DH and I were at Flower and Garden at Epcot, we were walking and my DH said your parents would really loves this, I told him what my mom had said and he just looked at me simply said you know we could make it happen. I almost cried .. Okay I did cry. We started making a game plan that very day.

So let the planning begin
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Op here,
After the first post yesterday. I was really jazzed up. So I began what my DH calls my 2nd job, planning Disney trips This trip is going to be customize for my parents.
So please jump in with suggestions or something that might make it even more memorable for them.

DH and I talked about the when, where, and How much$$$

We are thinking the week after Thanksgiving - most likely a 3 or 4 night trip. While my mom is recovered, I don't want to her to over do it. We are hoping for Tuesday - Friday. Here are a couple of questions. How are the crowds? Will the resorts and parks be decorated for Christmas? Would my parents enjoy MVMCP? Any other holiday events?

Resort choice - Port Orleans French Quarter - Its the smallest and very quaint. DH and I have stayed here several times and we love the resort.
But most of all my Dad is from Mississippi. He talks about going to New Orleans as a child with his other 8 brother and sister, in one car!! The stories are so funny. I'm hoping this will bring back some wonderful memories.

Meal plan - DXDDP - We are hoping for free dining so that we can upgrade to dxddp either way that will be our choice. We will be doing Character dining for breakfast and at least one 2ts meals. DH and I enjoy all types of cuisine, and my dad is a adventurousness eater, but mom not so much. Any suggestion? We were talking about Cali Grill - But I don't know, this trip is about them.

I will have to talk to my parents so that they can make arrangements for the CAT!!! and for my Dad to get time off from work, Yep he is 72 and still works 4 days a week. He calls it his retirement job, and keeps him young.

I'm planning on talking to them tomorrow wish me luck. I hope that I don't slip and tell them.

Any ideas on teasers and hints that we can give them along the way, so that we can build the excitement.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: