Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #46
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Hope it will work out for us to cross paths with anyone who will be there 9/30 to 10/3 or maybe 4th. It depends on how much time Jill can get off. We know we'll be there for the weekend, though, and hopefully the two days on either side of it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #47
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone! I've been enjoying hearing about all the plans. I bet you all are going to have some great trips. I'll be looking forward to reading more!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #48
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Hi, everyone! I've been enjoying hearing about all the plans. I bet you all are going to have some great trips. I'll be looking forward to reading more!
Welcome, Kate. Glad to have you along for the ride.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #49
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Iím looking forward to sharing our trip with some old friends and excited to make some new friends along the way. We have been fortunate enough to take at least one trip a year since 2006. Last year we became DVC members and well, our points have been burning a hole in our pockets ever since and we have been wearing our annual passes out! We have two trips in the works for 2011.

My girls and I will be making a quick spring break trip with my DIS BFF and her girls, April 1-7, 2011 (AKL Jambo House) but we will be taking our Enourmous, Super, Fantastic, family vacation Sept. 29-Oct. 6, 2011 (AKV-Kidani for now..waitlisted at BCV).

My DH, Joe is a fairly new Disney convert. He is 39 for another two monthsÖbut donít tell I told you so. : He is an outdoorsman and loves his girls very much. He is my best friend and we have a lot of laughs together. He acts like a tough cookie but heís a big softy once you know him. He really is just like his favorite character, Grumpy.  Hereís a pic of him enjoying some birthday dessert during our May 2010 trip.

My oldest DD, Lindsey is quite the character herself. Sheís 10 going on 16 and all the fun pre-teen stuff is starting with her. She keeps me on my toes for sure. She really is a sweet girl and loves all things Disney. She enjoys softball, volleyball, dancing, and Girl Scouts. Her favorite characters are Marie, Belle, Minnie, Snow White, and Ariel. She is walking her first 5k at the end of the month in support of Child Abuse. Very proud of my girl for wanting to do this charitable act! The pic below is from our May 2010 trip after her last trip to the BBB. Itís amazing how fast these girls are growing up. 

Next is my youngest DD, Josie. She is a 5 year old bundle of dynamite. She is always trying to outdo her sister and well, that creates a lot of girl drama around here. She is a kindergartener and so far she is doing great. Josie enjoys softball, swimming, running, and Girl Scouts. Her favorite characters are Minnie, Tinkerbell, Rosetta, Iridessa, Mickie and Ariel. Sheís a GINORMOUS Phineus and Ferb fan. I think she knows the words to every song they sing. She would like to walk the 5k with her sister but I donít think she is ready for it just yet. We are considering entering her in the kids races during our trip though.  This is a pic of her as we watched the Summer Nightastic fireworks during our July 2010 trip. Those fireworks were so amazing!!

Last but certainly not least, is me, Leanne, mom and wife to the folks above. I am 36 years old. I love, love, love everything Disney. I am super excited that we are joining so many friends. Iím really looking forward to running the 5k, eating dinner together, stepping foot on WDW soil on the actual date of the 40th anniversary, and meeting up at the pool with so many new and old friends. I enjoy Volleyball, Zumba, running, crafting, and hanging out with my family and friends. My favorite characters are Belle, Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, & Tinkerbell. Below is a picture of me on our first day, of our first DVC stay. You can tell I was pretty darn happy to be there!

Well thatís my crew! I hope you will stick around for more planning fun.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #50
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We made some plans!

Wayne and I sat down tonight for about an hour and decided on some plans for the trip! I am excited!!!

9/30 Friday we arrive at 10AM, ME to POR, I will go get the race stuff and then meet them at Epcot. They will head to Epcot and ride all the rides that I am too wimpy for! We plan to take the monorail to the POLY and have the BIG DIS MEET at 5PM. Around 6, when you all go to eat, we will head back to Epcot for the F&W - dinner at Via Napoli at 7PM (Sorry we wont be staying for dinner- but I hope everyone will be there at 5PM so I can meet you!!)

10/1 Saturday (RACE DAY) We will get up early and head to the 5K. After the race, Wayne and the kids will head to the MK. I will go back to POR, hop in the Jacuzzi, take a shower and then meet them at MK. We have lunch at 12:00 at Crystal Palace and then we will leave MK around 4PM after the parade. We hope to nap- wayne will really need one! Jeff and Shannon will be coming at some point... Around 6 we will order pizza delivery, and then wayne will head to his 1/2 marathon and Jeff, Shannon, Me and the kids will take the boat to DTD for ice cream at Ghiardelllis and shopping! After we get the kids back to the hotel and hopefully to bed, shannon will stay with them and Jeff and I will head to Epcot to the finish line. Wayne expects he will cross around midnight. Then we will all head to the after party at Epcot!! It goes until 2AM YIKES!

10/2 Sunday We will SLEEP as late as we can. Can you say cartoons for kids while we sleep!? We plan to spend the morning at POR, and just relax at the pool. Sometime late afternoon we will head to MK - all in costumes, and then walk over to the CR for dinner at the Wave at 5PM. Then walk back to MK for the MNSSHP at 7PM!!!!!!!

10/3 Monday We will head to DHS and spend the day there. Lunch at Pizza Planet. My kids LOVE it there. They CAN'T wait for the new star tours!! We will leave sometime late afternoon. Head back to the hotel and get ME to MCO.

What do you think!?

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #51
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Nickie, plans sound great! Happy to hear Shannon and Jeff are going to be able to meet up with you guys.

Do you guys plan to catch the second MNSSHP with the group?

Congratulations! on your 5k TODAY!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #52
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Nickie, plans sound great! Happy to hear Shannon and Jeff are going to be able to meet up with you guys.

Do you guys plan to catch the second MNSSHP with the group?

Congratulations! on your 5k TODAY!
Thanks Connie! I would love to meet up with people on Sunday> Do you mean people are planning to watch the second parade together? That would be awesome!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #53
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Thanks Connie! I would love to meet up with people on Sunday> Do you mean people are planning to watch the second parade together? That would be awesome!
Yes, there was a discussion that we would meet up for the second parade to catch together with the kids.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nic, plans sound great.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #55
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Great plans Nickie! Yup, we discussed meeting during the second parade because I tried to meet up with a DIS buddy during the first parade and it was SO crowded we could not find each other. We texted each other and ended up meeting briefly after the parade. So the second parade seems like the better choice.
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #56
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great plan Nickie!!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #57
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Wednesday Sept 28
Check into POP grab something to eat
and meet up with Kathy and Mary
hoping to visit Magic Kingdom that evening but we'll see
my priority for this evening will be to meet up with Kathy & Mark as this is their last day

Thursday Sept 29
Animal Kingdom
9-5
Breakfast @ Donald’s tusker house for 8 am

DHS 6-9 Fantasmic

Friday Sept 30
Breakfast @ Ohana’s w/ friends
(Lilo and Stitch) 8 am

Spend day at Epcot

Dinner @ Garden Grill
dismeet for Illuminations

Saturday Oct 1
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace 8am
Magic kingdom day
(kinda hoping since the marathon is not going through MK that they have PM EMH--but, I don't see that happening with the after race party at Epcot going on)

Sunday Oct 2
Start morning at DHS
want to see Beauty and the Beast (will probably do this while Danny rides RnRC and TOT; not sure how he is going to feel riding alone)
**MUST** MEET Woody and Buzz and find McQueen and Mater
and we should be able to do Star Tours this go round (I have missed it for the last two years)

Late lunch or early dinner @ WCC --w/ Kayce and any other dissers who want to join in!

Hop over to MK

MNSSHP will be meeting up with gorup for second viewing of parade

Monday Oct 3 I plan to let Ashton hit the pool (7:30-9) get breakfast, shower,and check out--plan is to stay until 11 the last possible moment and than hit the road for home!

Now, I realize I will want to do some tweaking with adding dis meets into the mix...but, we have hoppers so we should be able to hop when needed.

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 03-15-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #58
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Hope it will work out for us to cross paths with anyone who will be there 9/30 to 10/3 or maybe 4th. It depends on how much time Jill can get off. We know we'll be there for the weekend, though, and hopefully the two days on either side of it.
Welcome MeMom!!! I am crossing my fingers that Jill will get time and we can meet up!!
MaryAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #59
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
WOW! Fun group going! Wish I could be there too! I'll follow along, but am about to start classes- don't know how much I can post, but will definitely be reading!
Welcome! and sending you a little more for your classes!! good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Just showed the pics to Cayley and she said that Ashton "looks like he is fun" and Emily looks "like Rapunzel" And when she saw Kathy and Mark she said " I just them"
Back tonight with my intro!!
I have been showing Ashton the pictures of all the children; he can't wait to meet and "play" with them! "I get to play with my new friends at Disney World"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi all

I have "met" and seen several of you over the years on various threads here on the Dis...and I game for reading along w/ this big fun group PTR...seems to be a growing trend.

I know Stephanie from reading each other's trip reports and Kathy and I share a common fondness for Chicago (we are suburb neighbors...we should meet one of these days )

it will be fun to meet more of you and share in your planning...I'll be right behind you arriving later in mid October.

Scrappie (Julie)
Welcome! Julie I have seen you on other threads we both frequent; nice to meet you here! How fun that you are going in October too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
You may have noticed a title change!!! We are sooo excited to welcome (Back) Nickie (my2disneyboys) to our trip!!! We now have 2 more pirates to add to the fun!!!

Ashton is so excited to welcome the addition of more pirates to the group! he can not wait to meet the boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm along for the ride too. sounds like this is going to be a wonderful trip!!!!!
Welcome along! yes it is going to be a wonderful trip!! and so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

I hope once we are able to pin down our dis meets you guys are able to meet up with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Thanks! Piratekate, it is so exciting to be able to meet up with everyone.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #60
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I had my plans for each day all typed and ready to hit "send" when my computer went out last night. I was so frustrated that I went to bed. I will try again later today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: