Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #31
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi all

I have "met" and seen several of you over the years on various threads here on the Dis...and I game for reading along w/ this big fun group PTR...seems to be a growing trend.

I know Stephanie from reading each other's trip reports and Kathy and I share a common fondness for Chicago (we are suburb neighbors...we should meet one of these days )

it will be fun to meet more of you and share in your planning...I'll be right behind you arriving later in mid October.

Scrappie (Julie)
Welcome to our big group, Julie. Glad you can join in our goofiness and changed plans, etc.

What suburb do you live in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
You may have noticed a title change!!! We are sooo excited to welcome (Back) Nickie (my2disneyboys) to our trip!!! We now have 2 more pirates to add to the fun!!!
Welcome BACK Nickie.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey Everyone!!! I am SO excited to be joining this amazing group of Dis Gals! Most of the people on this trip I have been friends with for what??... almost 3 years I guess!! WOW!! Mary, Thank you for changing the title for us!! My little "Pirates" are SO excited to meet all the kids. Myles wants to know who he is older than! Is it ok if I am maroon!? If not, I can change this!

So onto our INTRODUCTIONS!!!!

We are the Goodreau Family!

We have been going to Disney every year since 2004 (sometimes twice a year - like this year!!) We ALL love it so much. To us Disney has brought our family so many wonderful memories and laughter and love! I can't even explain how much we all love Disney!

So here is a picture of the boys!

Myles is 7 years old and has just lost his front tooth and has 3 others that are loose!!

His first Trip

He is really excited to get back to Disney and meet all his new friends.... and he also wants me to mention that he is excited for this!

Owen is going to be 4 on this trip. He is 3 1/2 now and is FINALLY potty trained! This will be our first Disney trip with NO DIAPERS! WOW!

Here he is meeting his first character!!

Here is one of me and my boys! Mothers Day on Main Street- best Mothers Day ever!

My hubby Wayne! Thank you hunny for changing our Feb Vacation plans so I can go to Disney and meet all my Dis buddies! I love you!!!

Ok, so I hope everyone has had enough pictures of the Goody's!

I am SO thrilled to be planning this trip with you all and to be running a 5K in Disney with you!!

Let the planning begin.......

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #33
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
jngwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #34
jngwright
DIS Veteran

You may have to edit the title to "Pirates and their Princesses and mean Jill who is not bringing her children take on the world..."

Jill DH DS (12) DS (12)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11, OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT, '13 AKV/OKW, '14SoG,(Glass Slipper Finisher!)'14 AVK
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #35
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
You may have to edit the title to "Pirates and their Princesses and mean Jill who is not bringing her children take on the world..."
Jill, you will find it a whole new experience when you don't have children with you.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #36
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jill, you will find it a whole new experience when you don't have children with you.
lol

Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #37
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Hellos :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
How exciting!!!!!! I don't think I've ever followed a group PTR! I followed Stephanie over here and I'm excited not only to follow your plans, but that we will be there during the same time as you ladies!

Stephanie and Wendy, how cool that you met on the DIS, live so close, and built a friendship!! My partner in DIScrime, Hope, is going at the same time as us, she was a friend already, I just converted her! There's nothing like sharing my Disney obsession with friends!

Your kiddos are all so adorable, makes me a little sad, wishing my kids were still little like that! Our first trip (my dd and I) was with friends when my dd was 7. It was a great age, but a couple times I have seen itty-bitty girls with little princess dresses, in awe at WDW and wish that I had been able to take my kids when they were really young!

You are all going to have a blast!
Hi Karen!! Thanks for coming over to share the fun with all of us. I know I am looking forward to hopefully catching you in person while you are down there as well!!

It has been great getting to meet and become good friends with Wendy and her family. It has been lots of fun. The girls are having a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I should have posted in my "introduction" that we are the "old" people of the group. Our boys are 25 and almost 23 and will NOT be traveling with us. We tend to just play with the kids of our DIS friends and they wear us out...but we have such fun in the process.
You will have more minions to play with at Disney this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi all

I have "met" and seen several of you over the years on various threads here on the Dis...and I game for reading along w/ this big fun group PTR...seems to be a growing trend.

I know Stephanie from reading each other's trip reports and Kathy and I share a common fondness for Chicago (we are suburb neighbors...we should meet one of these days )

it will be fun to meet more of you and share in your planning...I'll be right behind you arriving later in mid October.

Scrappie (Julie)
Hi Julie! Thanks so much for coming over to the PTR! I am glad you are here for the planning fun. Our trips will be here before we know it!!
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Should also mention...

This is Lilian's second trip to Disney and her first trip with anyone under the age of 25! She is going to have a ball being able to have interactions with kids she will actually meet (and some she already has met).
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Well, Hello. I am Jill and I will be "Deep Sky Blue", if that is okay!

I am kindof the party crasher of the group, as I am coming sans family. We have a big family/anniversary trip planned in November-so I am coming for the weekend to meet all these fabulous ladies and run in the 5K. My friend Lisa will be joining me. She is not a DISer, but I will work on her!!

I am married to Greg and have twin boys, Alex and Evan (8). The boys are major Disney fanatics, like me. The trip in November will be their 5th trip! Greg, unfortunately, is not a rabid fan-but we just bought DVC, so I am hoping to convert him. This is us

I work part time as, get this, a driving instructor! It is our family business and it allows me a ton of flexibility to spend time with the boys. I also work part time at the preschool at our local elementary school. Opposite ends of the stick, I know!! Most of the time, the 4 and 5 year olds are more mature than the 15 and 16 year olds I love scrapbooking, reading, our cabin in Northern Minnesota, and am looking forward to getting back on the wagon with training for the 5K.

Greg works in agriculture at a farm implement dealership. He works hard all week, all year and we love him very much. He loves snowmobiling and has recently acquired another "woman" in his life... He is looking forward to warmer weather so he can go cruisin' with her

Hey..I have my obsession, he has his

Alex and Evan are active, smart little guys who are growing up way too fast! Alex loves playing football, working with legos, and is reading at a 6th grade level!
Evan is a talented artist and is just a sweetheart. He likes going to movies and riding his snowmobile and four wheeler.

This is how we feel when we are NOT at Disney...

Ha!

On to the trip! Lisa and I will be staying at Animal Kingdom Villas at Kidani Village. I am looking forward to staying there. We are planning on doing MNSSHP on Friday night, running in the 5K Saturday morning, and doing F&W at Epcot on Saturday. We will go home on Sunday, hopefully with a nice tan to get us through the Minnesota winter

Here is Lisa and her family

I am VERY excited for this trip and to meet these friends!!

Last edited by jngwright; 03-14-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #40
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

We also need to welcome Jill (the mean mommy not bringing her kids) to the PTR. We are so excited to have her along for the fun!!! I did have Jill pick a color and an intro, but ya already did!!!

Last edited by MaryAz; 03-12-2011 at 03:40 PM.
MaryAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #41
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Here is our cast

First up, Jeff the Hubby. He is an account for Kona Grill-if you have one by you-go visit His hobbies include homebrewing, online poker and hanging out with his girls.

Next up is Me Mary, a newly homeschooling Mom. I spend my days as Avery's "learning coach" and play taxi. In my spare time, I love to plan Disney trips,surf the web and read

Me with Kathy and Mark and Queen

Avery is my almost 7 year old DD. She is smart ,beautiful creative and silly. Recently started homeschooling and is doing well. She loves to dance, play, ride her bike and read.

Cayley will have just turned five when we go. She is our firecracker! Has an amazing sense of humor for someone her age. Has never met a stranger and is super cute-sometimes that keeps her out of trouble. She dances, tumbles and is "working" to get ready for K

Two of my favorite pics

Also joining us will be G"Ma and G"Pa-Jeff"s Mom and Dad. They have never been to Disney World and are very excited to be coming along. Well, Jeff's Mom is She is most excited about staying at Kidani and G"Pa is excited about trying all the different beer and food-in that order

We will be at AKV Kidani in a 2 bd savvana view from Sep 24-Oct 3. We are very excited to see some old friends and meet some new ones!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #42
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm along for the ride too. sounds like this is going to be a wonderful trip!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #43
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I have ridiculously tons of things in common with all of you! Jill, I'm running the 5K as well and Mary, I homeschool, have for YEARS now (took my now 16 & 17 yr old boys out of 1st and 2nd grade years ago and never looked back!)

Oh well and of course we are all Disney-obsessed, but that's really a given.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #44
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Great intros everyone!! I cannot say how excited I am for this trip--I think it is going to be a blast!!

Mary--I forget how close Lilian and Cayley's birthdays are to each other.
September 2010 PTR

Old 03-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm along for the ride too. sounds like this is going to be a wonderful trip!!!!!
Welcome, MaryEllen. We are delighted to have you here.

To all of our "participants" that are meeting up, perhaps we should post our dates here as well, as to when we will be there.

I'll start:

AKL Kidana One-Bedroom Villa (Savannah View) --- September 23 - 24
CSR -- September 25 - 28 (leaving morning of the 29th)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: