Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
WOW! Fun group going! Wish I could be there too! I'll follow along, but am about to start classes- don't know how much I can post, but will definitely be reading!
to Liesa!! Wish you could be there too!!! Here is some for your classes. Thanks for reading!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Just showed the pics to Cayley and she said that Ashton "looks like he is fun" and Emily looks "like Rapunzel" And when she saw Kathy and Mark she said " I just them"
Back tonight with my intro!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
Ladies-you are going to have SO MUCH fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
WOW! Fun group going! Wish I could be there too! I'll follow along, but am about to start classes- don't know how much I can post, but will definitely be reading!
Jill and Liesa, thank you for dropping in. This is going to be so much fun....I can't wait until September.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #19
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
And when she saw Kathy and Mark she said " I just them"
Back tonight with my intro!!
And we love them back!!! And Mark will be able to play more at the pool now that his neck is completely healed. Maybe Cayley can get him to go down the slide.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

My introduction!

My name is Kayce and I am a single mom to a five year old girl, Bella.

About me: I am a kindergarten teacher by heart, but am teaching first grade this year due to budget cuts in my home state, Illinois. I am addicted to running which I never imagined I would be. I taught myself to sew for our Ď10 trip and also canít believe it but I love to sew! I actually love anything crafty. I also read a ton and love summer and sunshine. My favorite park is MK followed closely by DHS and my favorite ride is ToT. I am an adrenaline junkie and love thrill rides! But I also love the classic Disney rides, too. I donít really have a favorite character, I guess it would be Belle if I had to pick because she is the one with her nose in a book all the time.

Onto Bella: she is a very sweet and smart kindergartener. She definitely can get the Diva attitude going on but for the most part is pure princess. Her main playmates growing up have been my nephews, who are now 9 and 11, so she thinks she is much older than she actually is. Though on this last trip, she was scared by the Barnstormer, TT, HM, and PotC. I think the latter two were for attention, as my mother and sister were there and fawned all over her when they thought she was scared. She didnít like going fast then, but we are going to try it again and she actually wants to try Space Mountain! She loved Splash so weíll see. She is also pretty teeny, I am hoping by Sept she reaches the required 44 inches (she is 42.5 now). Her favorite park is MK and her favorite rides were Peter Pan, Dumbo, Itís a Small World, and the Carousel of Progress. Her favorite characters are any girl characters! Princess, Fairy, Marie, Minnie, Daisy, Jessie, she doesnít care! She wants to be them all!

Here are some pics of us!

I haven't met anyone from this group in person and I can't wait to do so!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Stephanie's Introduction!!

Hi everyone!

One of my favorite family photos from our 2010 trip

Without further ado, let me get on with introducing my family:

DD, Lilian: is our only princess. Her first trip to Disney was last year, for her fourth birthday. She LOVED it and asks to go back or talks about it daily. Lilian loves to dance, run and jump around and is looking forward to having her own part of the garden this year. On her to meet list for this trip is: the mice from Cinderella, Rapunzel and Pocahontas. She also wants to catch up with the Princesses and possibly meet new fairies if they are not working that day. Her favorite character is Ariel though she will throw in another character into mix sometimes.

DH, Allyn: is a hard working, fun loving husband and father. He is a software engineer, very technical kind of guy but a big goof ball too. He loves acting, golfing, woodworking/building and gardening. His favorite characters include: Donald Duck, Phineas and Ferb and Sorcerer Mickey. His first trip to Disney was May 2005 and second trip was last September. He admitted after the end of our first family trip he could picture seeing us coming back each year. I don’t think he will have to twist my arm to want to do it either.

Me, Stephanie: I am finishing up my last year of graduate school and started looking for a job. We all know how tough the job market is right now but I need to get something—my student loans will be coming due in the summer! Wendy (wlwilliams9) and I have started a business together which has been so much fun. For fun I enjoy reading, sewing, crafting, photography and gardening. My favorite characters include: Belle, Mary Poppins, Tinker Bell and Mulan. My first trip was also in May 2005 and second one was last September.

The Details:

It is a surprise trip for Lilian. She will have no idea that we are heading down to Disney until we are at the airport. She really wants to go on an airplane and will get to experience it for the first time this trip. I think the way I am planning on surprising her is having one of the Princesses call her at the airport telling her they will see her soon.

The other big surprise of the trip will she will be going to Disney with her best friend—Emily (Wendy’s daughter). Those two have been best friends since they met last spring. She will also be really excited to see Leanne’s daughters who we had the pleasure meeting (along with their parents ) in August last year. She will also love meeting the other kiddos along for the big trip at some point in the trip: Mary’s daughters, Kayce’s daughters and Connie’s son. It is going to be so much seeing the kids playing together.

When: Wednesday, September 28 through Tuesday, October 4 (possibly the 5th if FD is released for our dates).

Where:
Pop Century—so excited to stay there as we have never stayed there (or any value for the matter). I think Lilian will love it!

Obviously, you can tell from the picture above we went to MNSSHP and we are planning on it again. I am working on my TR from it (long time coming) but I can say this—there is a lot we did not get to do that we are looking forward to going back even though it is just two weeks later then last time. I am looking forward to talking about our upcoming trip and planning to meet you all!
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 03-09-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #22
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

How exciting!!!!!! I don't think I've ever followed a group PTR! I followed Stephanie over here and I'm excited not only to follow your plans, but that we will be there during the same time as you ladies!

Kayce, I'm a running junkie as well, planning on the Family fun run 5K in MK on October 1st while we are there, will you be running? Hoping to run the Princess 1/2 next Feb too!

Stephanie and Wendy, how cool that you met on the DIS, live so close, and built a friendship!! My partner in DIScrime, Hope, is going at the same time as us, she was a friend already, I just converted her! There's nothing like sharing my Disney obsession with friends!

Your kiddos are all so adorable, makes me a little sad, wishing my kids were still little like that! Our first trip (my dd and I) was with friends when my dd was 7. It was a great age, but a couple times I have seen itty-bitty girls with little princess dresses, in awe at WDW and wish that I had been able to take my kids when they were really young!

You are all going to have a blast!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #23
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
How exciting!!!!!! I don't think I've ever followed a group PTR! I followed Stephanie over here and I'm excited not only to follow your plans, but that we will be there during the same time as you ladies!

Kayce, I'm a running junkie as well, planning on the Family fun run 5K in MK on October 1st while we are there, will you be running? Hoping to run the Princess 1/2 next Feb too!
I'm actually doing the half that night at 10pm. I've done a few 5Ks and this Sat and doing a local St. Patricks day 5 mile, then a couple of 10Ks so hopefully by Oct I will be ready! My ultimate goal is to do the full on marathon weekend 2013. We'll see! Glad you are joining in!!!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #24
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hello! Karen

and thanks for joining us...I will not be running but many of the ladies will be running....I'll let everyone check in on that one. I am so excited about meeting and having the kids meet; just adds to the magic!

Why don't you sign in and let us know your plans! where are you guys staying and what are your dates?
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #25
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I'm actually doing the half that night at 10pm. I've done a few 5Ks and this Sat and doing a local St. Patricks day 5 mile, then a couple of 10Ks so hopefully by Oct I will be ready! My ultimate goal is to do the full on marathon weekend 2013. We'll see! Glad you are joining in!!!
GREAT!!! I could probably be ready for my first half by October, but I was too worried about having my first 1/2 be in the dark at W&D, so I decided to just do the 5K and then have my first half be the Princess! Can't wait to hear all about your running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hello! Karen

and thanks for joining us...I will not be running but many of the ladies will be running....I'll let everyone check in on that one. I am so excited about meeting and having the kids meet; just adds to the magic!

Why don't you sign in and let us know your plans! where are you guys staying and what are your dates?
Hi Connie! Looks like you have the only boy, right? Well, I have two boys, but they will be 16 and 17 when in October, so I don't think they count! My youngest is 10, going on 16, she'll be turning 11 not long after the trip!

Our dates are Sept. 29th-Oct. 7th, we're staying offsite. Since there were five of us, it just made more sense, and we are splitting a house with my friend Hope and her two kids! I'm sure you don't want me to go on and on about ALL my plans, since I have most of them figured out already! If you have entirely too much time on your hands, I have a PTR as well, in my signature! I must warn you though, I tend to ramble!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I am going to try really hard to get to my introductions in the next day or so. Love everyone's intros! I think Red is the right color for me and and my personality!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I should have posted in my "introduction" that we are the "old" people of the group. Our boys are 25 and almost 23 and will NOT be traveling with us. We tend to just play with the kids of our DIS friends and they wear us out...but we have such fun in the process.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #28
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi all

I have "met" and seen several of you over the years on various threads here on the Dis...and I game for reading along w/ this big fun group PTR...seems to be a growing trend.

I know Stephanie from reading each other's trip reports and Kathy and I share a common fondness for Chicago (we are suburb neighbors...we should meet one of these days )

it will be fun to meet more of you and share in your planning...I'll be right behind you arriving later in mid October.

Scrappie (Julie)
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #29
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi all

I have "met" and seen several of you over the years on various threads here on the Dis...and I game for reading along w/ this big fun group PTR...seems to be a growing trend.

I know Stephanie from reading each other's trip reports and Kathy and I share a common fondness for Chicago (we are suburb neighbors...we should meet one of these days )

it will be fun to meet more of you and share in your planning...I'll be right behind you arriving later in mid October.

Scrappie (Julie)
Welcome Julie!!!! thanks for joining in!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

You may have noticed a title change!!! We are sooo excited to welcome (Back) Nickie (my2disneyboys) to our trip!!! We now have 2 more pirates to add to the fun!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: