Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

All in the Golden Afternoon... Epcot's Flower & Garden

You know the scene where Alice wanders into the Magical Garden and sings with the flowers ‘All in the Golden Afternoon….’ (some of the lyrics are listed below and here’s a link to the video on You Tube in case you have no idea what I’m referring to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0lbfEb8MMk)

Lily:Laaaa...
Violets: Mimimimi...
Marguerite:Lalalala...
Snap-dragon:Hahahahahahaha...
Marigolds:Poem, poepoem, poem, poempoempoempoem....
All flowers:
Little bread-and-butterflies kiss the tulips,
and the sun is like a toy balloon.
There are get up in the morning glories,
in the golden afternoon.

Well this is what I heard in my head all of Saturday afternoon while I toured the Flower & Garden Show at Epcot. And hopefully you’ll be singing this too while you follow along!

The most exciting thing for me was this was my first solo trip at Disney!!
I guess I should start by introducing myself, I’m Crissy, suffering the same addiction as everyone else on here called ‘Disney’. I just can’t get enough of the place. My fiancée and I made the big decision to leave NY and move out to FL last year. I’m currently unemployed with an annual pass, so you know that can be a very deadly combination. Even though I’ve been to the parks a few times over the past few months, this is my first ever TR, so please be kind and patient.

The reason for the solo trip: My fiancée had to work this past weekend and I didn’t want to stay indoors on such a nice day. I was hesitant to do the parks by myself but I was persuaded by my sister (she’s a lurker here on the Dis so I’m hoping maybe she’ll come out of lurkdom and maybe, just maybe comment on this TR). So I opted to have my fiancée drop me off at Hollywood Studios to start my day there checking out a little bit of ESPN the weekend then moving on to the Flower & Garden Show.

Won’t you come join me in the Magical Garden and sing along?

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

What the? OMG Crissy! Yay, a trip report!! I'm so glad to see you doing one, even if you are just a local!

Joining in for the Magical Garden, I can't wait!
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
What the? OMG Crissy! Yay, a trip report!! I'm so glad to see you doing one, even if you are just a local!

Joining in for the Magical Garden, I can't wait!
LOL, I'm totally doing it for you Molly. And anyone else that wants to see the topiaries from Epcot. It's really amazing to see them in person.

Plus I figured it was about time I did my own TR since I'm always hanging out at everyone elses.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I love Alice in Wonderland, so your title drew me in, and I also love the F&G festival!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! I love Alice in Wonderland, so your title drew me in, and I also love the F&G festival!
Hi Nermel! I'm wondering how many pepople will get the reference to Alice in Wonderland just from the title. I'm so glad to have you aboard!! Yes, the F&G is sooo beautiful.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
3prettyprincesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
LOL, I'm totally doing it for you Molly. And anyone else that wants to see the topiaries from Epcot. It's really amazing to see them in person.

Plus I figured it was about time I did my own TR since I'm always hanging out at everyone elses.
Aww, you're so sweet. I am dying to go during the F&G festival so this will be really fun to see it all up close!

Ya, you're really sponging off of everyone else's TR! Ok, so was I...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #7
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Now I promise not to overload you with photos of things at Disney that everyone usually takes photos of. I tried very hard to make my photos more artsy so that no one gets bored.

As I mentioned I had my fiancee drop me off before he had to start work so unfortunately I was there during EMH and could not walk in. Luckily, I only had a half hour to kill. So I stood off to the side and waited. Well the line next to me were people who were going to be recorded by ESPN shouting and screaming 'ESPN THE WEEKEND, YEAH!'. There's no better way to start off your day and make sure you are awake then people screaming.

It was finally 9am and they were letting us into the park. Now, I rarely ever make it to park opening, yes, I'm one of those people - not always by choice though, sometimes my lovely fiancee really enjoys sleeping in and becomes difficult to wake up. I was really expecting, from what I've read on here on the boards, people to be running down the street towards Toy Story Mania. I was quite surprised to see everyone walking at a leisurely pace. So off I went to get my FP for TSM. The wait time was 50 mins and that was going to be the shortest it would be all day. My FP was for 2:35 - 3:35 so I decided I would head on over to the Backstage lot tour. I know everyone's done this so I'll just provide you photos of my favorite part - Catastrophe Canyon.

And of course - when all the water starts flooding down

I really love when you come across people who haven't been to Disney or done the ride before. Their reaction to this part is always hysterical! The look of panic when they see all the water tumbling towards them is priceless. I had a mother and daughter next to me who were freaking out when this happened. But we all shared a few good laughs afterwards when Mom realized she wasn't going to get completely drenched.

After the tour I walked on over to the Muppet 3D movie, its always been one of my favorite shows. Two years ago I had wanted to dress up as Miss Piggy for Halloween. Apparently so did a lot of other women out there because the costumes with the masks sold out pretty quickly and I was unable to dress as her. But it is on my list of costumes to try for this Halloween. Here's two of my favorite photos of the fountain outside of the Muppets (have I mentioned I have a thing for Disney fountains yet? You'll see a few fountain photos on this TR).

And a close-up of Animal. I love how the water looks in this shot, it makes you want to jump in and splash around in it

Old 03-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Crissy, I am here!!! A TR, I am so excited!!! I LOVE the photos and can't wait to read more...I think it would be fun to discover Diseny solo (Of course, my children say I never meet a stranger and I am never alone long). I can't wait to read more!!!!

Tim, I thought you were on your vacay!?! I haven't commented on your TR 'cause I am not very well and thought you were gone, I better head over there and wish you Congrats!!! (sorry Chrissy, just surprised to see Tim and I am feeling guilty).
Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Crissy, I am here!!! A TR, I am so excited!!! I LOVE the photos and can't wait to read more...I think it would be fun to discover Diseny solo (Of course, my children say I never meet a stranger and I am never alone long). I can't wait to read more!!!!

Tim, I thought you were on your vacay!?! I haven't commented on your TR 'cause I am not very well and thought you were gone, I better head over there and wish you Congrats!!! (sorry Chrissy, just surprised to see Tim and I am feeling guilty).
Yay, welcome Judy!! LOL, Judy, Tim is so wrapped up enjoying the FL sun I don't think he's noticed if anyone is on his thread or not, so don't feel too guilty.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

To be nice or not to be nice...

LOL, so Tim says he'll read this when he gets back home, since this is just a 1 day TR, should I try to s-t-r-e-t-c-h this out and be nice to Tim so he doesn't have too much to catch up on - or do I just go ahead with this whole thing?

Its a tough choice, Tim is sooo nice to us all (Tim, I mean this, I'm not trying to be sarcastic).

Old 03-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
3prettyprincesses

Hmmm, well, while I was at Disney, Tim posted quite a few updates. Took me awhile to catch up and I distinctly recall asking him to take it slooooow!

However, I would prefer you to drag this out nice and long as well! That's my vote!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:29 AM   #13
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Yay, welcome Judy!! LOL, Judy, Tim is so wrapped up enjoying the FL sun I don't think he's noticed if anyone is on his thread or not, so don't feel too guilty.
I thought so too...Until I saw all of the updates he has posted since he left!!!! I think he is at the in-laws with Fox News being the most interesting thing on TV...That sounds like my dear in-laws house...who don't have cable OR internet access...
Quote:
LOL, so Tim says he'll read this when he gets back home, since this is just a 1 day TR, should I try to s-t-r-e-t-c-h this out and be nice to Tim so he doesn't have too much to catch up on - or do I just go ahead with this whole thing?
I think he is reading some to pass the time. (HI TIM )! I say S-T-R-E-T-C-H it out so he (and all of us) can be entertained!
Its a tough choice, Tim is sooo nice to us all (Tim, I mean this, I'm not trying to be sarcastic).
Tim IS nice to us all, I agree! He has a wealth of knowledge that he is so wonderful about sharing. I him like a little (okay Younger ) brother...

Looking forward to more Chrissy!!! I hope your sister comes out of lurkdom. Hi Chrissy's sister! You have to say hello back...

LOVE Catastrophe Canyon, too fun about that Mom!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
PennyLane1084
DIS Veteran

Crissy!! I'm here. I love your picture of the muppet foutain. I think it's my favorite of the Disney fountains!
2013-DISNEYMOON! - Coronado Springs
DH - Steve Me - Kristin
Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #15
blessedmom4

In honor of the Flower and Garden theme...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: