Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #31
khancock
DIS Veteran

They reserve the right to do it whenever.

Just like most employers do.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
Epeyon
Mouseketeer

Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles. Usually those that interact heavily with kids and those that rely on you transporting guests in a vehicle.

But Disney can and will do a drug test prior to your being hired. For CP's it happens on your first couple of days.

And let's be honest if Disney drug tested every cast member they'd have to fire most of the princesses and other characters.
Epeyon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #33
Musings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epeyon View Post
Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles. Usually those that interact heavily with kids and those that rely on you transporting guests in a vehicle.

But Disney can and will do a drug test prior to your being hired. For CP's it happens on your first couple of days.

And let's be honest if Disney drug tested every cast member they'd have to fire most of the princesses and other characters.
But if you are caught with drugs at your building or apartment, they will likely drug test you if they are suspicious you have had drugs. So there is no guarantee one can get away with it. Not that I am interested in drugs, I just wouldn't recommend taking the risk when you are essentially living on Disney property the entire time.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #34
disdude89
Everything i say is a lie

Quote:
Nope

Last edited by disdude89; 01-06-2013 at 11:45 PM.
disdude89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #35
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney can't do random drug tests except for certain roles.
The following comes from their Employee Policy Manual. Admittedly, what I'm referencing is a few years old, but I seriously doubt this policy would have changed that much, if at all.

"It is the policy of the Company that employees perform the essential functions of their job and not cause a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or anyone else.

Employees are prohibited from reporting to or remaining at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If a supervisor has reason to suspect an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the supervisor may require the employee to report to the Human Resources Department or the Medical Department to determine whether a physical examination will be conducted. If an employee refuses to submit to an examination, the employee is subject to termination. Any employee under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be sent home by taxi or Company transportation and is subject to termination."
Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancock View Post
The following comes from their Employee Policy Manual. Admittedly, what I'm referencing is a few years old, but I seriously doubt this policy would have changed that much, if at all.

"It is the policy of the Company that employees perform the essential functions of their job and not cause a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or anyone else.

Employees are prohibited from reporting to or remaining at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If a supervisor has reason to suspect an employee is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the supervisor may require the employee to report to the Human Resources Department or the Medical Department to determine whether a physical examination will be conducted. If an employee refuses to submit to an examination, the employee is subject to termination. Any employee under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be sent home by taxi or Company transportation and is subject to termination."
I did a CP and a PI and tons of friends in both, and did not know anyone who got drug tested. However, if you are in a PT/FT role that requires operation of a motor vehicle, you may be tested upon your employment. Most of the CPs I know did NOT get tested.

Does not mean it is a good idea, though- Price Management (or whoever manages the CPs nowadays) is very stringent,and will not hesitate to make life hell for you should you choose to smoke. Let it be known I am not against marijuana use- I just think choosing to do so on the CP is a dumb risk.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #37
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
I did a CP and a PI and tons of friends in both, and did not know anyone who got drug tested. However, if you are in a PT/FT role that requires operation of a motor vehicle, you may be tested upon your employment. Most of the CPs I know did NOT get tested.
I would argue that because one may not know of anyone doesn't necessarily mean that it does not happen.

I would also say that with 60,000 Cast Members working at WDW, a statement reflecting the personal knowledge of a small % of that 60,000 also doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

My point is that Disney reserves the right to do it. They can do it. They do do it. If someone knows someone or not who was asked to do it doesn't change the policy or the action of the company.

Of course, my interpretation is not any more valid or any more invalid than yours. Those interested really ought to ask directly via wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com rather than trying to take the word of 2 former participants with dissenting opinions or anyone else on an unofficial message board.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khancock View Post
I would argue that because one may not know of anyone doesn't necessarily mean that it does not happen.

I would also say that with 60,000 Cast Members working at WDW, a statement reflecting the personal knowledge of a small % of that 60,000 also doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

My point is that Disney reserves the right to do it. They can do it. They do do it. If someone knows someone or not who was asked to do it doesn't change the policy or the action of the company.

Of course, my interpretation is not any more valid or any more invalid than yours. Those interested really ought to ask directly via wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com rather than trying to take the word of 2 former participants with dissenting opinions or anyone else on an unofficial message board.
Sorry, I misread your statement. They do reserve the right to do it at any time, they just typically can't afford to do it for every CP that comes through the door every 4-6 months. I think.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
Epeyon
Mouseketeer

Disney can only drug test post-accident unless you operate a motor vehicle. Pargos aren't included in that. So the list of areas where they can drug test you without an accident are limited to: Watercraft, Monorails, Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Parking, Buses, Safari, Steam Train Ops./MSO, Tom Sawyer Island boats, Lilly Belle and Jungle Cruise.

And in some of those they still can't because they haven't figured out the negotiations with the unions to have a pay raise. So all they're doing is a pre-employment screening.

I'm only answering the question based on the idea of usage not in CP housing and not being stoned while at work.
Epeyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

GMR does not do drug testing (and I can't see why JC would either, as both are on tracks).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: