Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #16
Kels
Fall Advantage 2012 CP in QSFB!

My boyfriend had a roommate who had a bong and some weed and he had to report the guy and get him termed. It doesn't matter if everyone in your apartment is cool with it you will have roommates who will report it because the whole apartment (or at least your roommate) can get termed for you having it. Honestly I have no problem with it but if I get in I will be reporting underage drinking in my apartment or any kind of drugs to save my own butt. One person getting their high is not worth ending the internship for others. I would suggest finding someone who lives off property and do it where they live.
Kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
Jool-e
Mouseketeer

Yikes. Controversy.

I don't think this is a troll question. Some people like to smoke weed, I can't imagine 100% of people in the college program are totally against it and won't even think about smoking it.

That said...it is obviously a risk. Even if you feel that it should be legal, it is still against the law. I wouldn't do it just to be safe.

But if you must, I agree with the poster who said to keep it in your car and smoke only off property and definitely don't be high at work.

And weed is ILLEGAL in America, not necessarily wrong. Two very different things.
Jool-e is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
Tigger1234
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels View Post
My boyfriend had a roommate who had a bong and some weed and he had to report the guy and get him termed. It doesn't matter if everyone in your apartment is cool with it you will have roommates who will report it because the whole apartment (or at least your roommate) can get termed for you having it. Honestly I have no problem with it but if I get in I will be reporting underage drinking in my apartment or any kind of drugs to save my own butt. One person getting their high is not worth ending the internship for others. I would suggest finding someone who lives off property and do it where they live.
I totally agree with you. I'm going to do the same thing. I'm not going to risk my internship over other people's choices.
Tigger1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jool-e View Post
Yikes. Controversy.

I don't think this is a troll question. Some people like to smoke weed, I can't imagine 100% of people in the college program are totally against it and won't even think about smoking it.

That said...it is obviously a risk. Even if you feel that it should be legal, it is still against the law. I wouldn't do it just to be safe.

But if you must, I agree with the poster who said to keep it in your car and smoke only off property and definitely don't be high at work.

And weed is ILLEGAL in America, not necessarily wrong. Two very different things.
If you're not supposed to do it then it is wrong. I think you mean it's not really bad for you...which compared to other addicitions people have it isn't. That I do agree on and I don't care if people smoke it, that is their choice. It is wrong to do it though if it wasn't you could just do it, you wouldn't have to hide or sneak around to do it. But the troll question is asking if you can be kicked out for it or know people who have been.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
cuethemusic
Mouseketeer

to be bluntly honest, it's all about how stupid you are about using it/having it. I know people who were termed within the first 2 weeks of their arrival for smoking pot. You just need to be aware that housing does inspections, random inspections at that, and also that there are others living in close proximity who could easily smell it, or complain about your apartment for one reason or another and you could get caught from that.
cuethemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #21
Mousefan72
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegejunkie View Post
you could probably just stash your stuff in your car and smoke when you're off work somewhere that's not on property or at the apartments. kind of like how you're probably not allowed to smoke at home - just gotta drive around and find a place to do it. i'm sure you're not the only one.
I am totally disturbed by this comment...isn't anyone else? Since when is it o.k. to drive somewhere, get high, then drive home??? Before you say that it's no big deal and you're not that bad...you could drive, let me stop you right there. A very good friend of my daughters is still not and never will be the person he was before an accident where he was in the back seat of a car that his friend (who had been smoking weed), was driving. He blew the stop sign and was T-boned by a semi. My daughters friend was a great kid before the accident. Definitely touch and go for awhile in the hospital, but fortunately he's still with us and has had to endure several operations and over a year of physical therapy. The effect on his brain from the days of swelling will never leave him the same kid we watched grow up. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DRIVE WHEN USING ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!! And marijuana IS a drug.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #22
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_lover_in_SC View Post
If you're not supposed to do it then it is wrong. I think you mean it's not really bad for you...which compared to other addicitions people have it isn't. That I do agree on and I don't care if people smoke it, that is their choice. It is wrong to do it though if it wasn't you could just do it, you wouldn't have to hide or sneak around to do it. But the troll question is asking if you can be kicked out for it or know people who have been.
I guess I'm the one who said it was "wrong" and who that person was referring to, but I meant exactly what you meant. We're in agreement
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #23
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousefan72 View Post
I am totally disturbed by this comment...isn't anyone else? Since when is it o.k. to drive somewhere, get high, then drive home??? Before you say that it's no big deal and you're not that bad...you could drive, let me stop you right there. A very good friend of my daughters is still not and never will be the person he was before an accident where he was in the back seat of a car that his friend (who had been smoking weed), was driving. He blew the stop sign and was T-boned by a semi. My daughters friend was a great kid before the accident. Definitely touch and go for awhile in the hospital, but fortunately he's still with us and has had to endure several operations and over a year of physical therapy. The effect on his brain from the days of swelling will never leave him the same kid we watched grow up. NO ONE SHOULD EVER DRIVE WHEN USING ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!! And marijuana IS a drug.
People who smoke weed think that it's okay to smoke weed and then do whatever they feel. What people don't understand is you are still not in your right mind. If someone wants to keep it in their car thats their problem but they are fooling themselves if they think they can roll in their apartment high around their room mates. People will rat you out in a second down there.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
Jool-e
Mouseketeer

Quote:
People who smoke weed think that it's okay to smoke weed and then do whatever they feel. What people don't understand is you are still not in your right mind. If someone wants to keep it in their car thats their problem but they are fooling themselves if they think they can roll in their apartment high around their room mates. People will rat you out in a second down there.
I understand people ratting you out for being in possession of pot. But do people really rat people out just because they look like they are high? That seems a little extreme to me. And scary. I mean I look high sometimes when it's just my contacts bothering me.

If someone was suspected of being high, and were given a drug test and tested positive, would their roomates get termed even if there was no actual pot found in the room?
Jool-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #25
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jool-e View Post
I understand people ratting you out for being in possession of pot. But do people really rat people out just because they look like they are high? That seems a little extreme to me. And scary. I mean I look high sometimes when it's just my contacts bothering me.

If someone was suspected of being high, and were given a drug test and tested positive, would their roomates get termed even if there was no actual pot found in the room?
Not if a room mate turns them in. But you wouldn't get turned it for having red eyes, but people can tell when you're coming in high consistently. Smelling like weed any type of legit evidence would lead to a person ratting on you in a hurry. I mean it's not going to be like the first time you walk in they will call.But if you always look high eat all their food just put yourself and room mates in a bad situation they will rat you out without thinking about it. If you aren't in possession and are tested but are clean they would probably move you to another apartment.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #26
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Just thought I would throw out a few thoughts, my roommates smoked and we didn't tolerate it. We informed housing and the roommates ended up being termed for having it in their possession. We got Very lucky because inspections were going to happen in our building the next day. Keep in mind that although this is a housing complex they do interact with the college program. They will tell Disney why you are terminated. Think of how many companies are involves with Disney!! I would not want a restricted rehire due to any drug relates offense on my record card. It will come back to haunt you! It's 6 months, if you can't withhold from it for 6 months then you need to seriously reevaluate what's going on in your life. Honestly there arnt many work places that don't hAve a anti drug policy, it's a part of life. Till they legalize it for every day use deal with the fact that you can't use it till your home.
jewjubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

I also wanted to point out that I've dealt with consiquenses due to illegal drugs. I have a parent that's a recovering addict and I know what Life's like with drugs. I also know as a person who refuses to touch the stuff that life goes on without it. I work 9-5 five days a week and go full time in school and make it with the use of any drugs. I've done the program before and never had a reason to resort to the stuff.
jewjubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #28
disdude89
Everything i say is a lie

Quote:
If you're not supposed to do it then it is wrong.

That's a really bad way to look at things.

Last edited by disdude89; 01-07-2013 at 12:45 AM.
disdude89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #29
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdude89 View Post
I know you'll probably never see this, its an extremely old thread, and this post will probably get buried before most people who come on this forum ever read it but I really need to say. This is probably one of the dumbest/most ignorant things i've ever read or heard. It honestly terrifies me to think that i have to live in the same country with people who think like this. You, sir or ma'am, are a complete tool and represent everything that is wrong with humanity...

To add to the topic; when someone chooses to smoke weed on their program they're taking a calculated risk. You can do it, and many people do and get away with it, but if you get caught you'll be terminated. I knew plenty of people who got termed for possession/actually smoking it on my program. I also knew far more people who got termed for things like owning nerf guns, steak knives, parking their car in a different complex over night, mouthing off to security, sleeping at their significant others apartment over night, and all kinds of non-sense.

At the end of the day if you think its a bad idea or it clearly violates the rules outlined in your contract you probably shouldn't do it.
I'm going to agree with this 100%. I would never and did never smoke on my College Program, especially with the absolutely harsh and stringent security that the program is famous for. Yeah, sure, it's against the rules, does that mean it's wrong? Sure, the language that was used may be a little strong, but perhaps you should be a little more considerate of those who break rules, because I'll be damned if you haven't broken any rules yourself. Would you say it's wrong for someone who's suffering from chronic debilitating pain and can get relief through marijuana usage does even though it's illegal?
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #30
duckman17
Earning My Ears

Does Disney do random drug tests for all CMs and CPs?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: