Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
chelleydi77
Mouseketeer

MAW cruise on the Dream!

Hi everyone! My oldest daughter is the newest Wish Kid from San Diego. We met with her wish granters yesterday and she wished to "dream on the Disney Dream". They are looking at dates in July or August for us to take a 5 day/4 night cruise to the Bahamas! We are so thankful for the MAW foundation and all they do!

A little background on our Wish Kid. When I was pregnant with her we noticed her heart rate was extremely low (80s or lower). We did testing (amnios, genetic screenings, etc) and after months of not knowing anything, discovered what she has is a complete heart block (the nerves of the top of the heart did not connect with the nerves from the bottom of the heart. The top beats normally, the bottom beats as it wishes). After she was born she was observed in the NICU for 5 days and seemed to be doing okay.

When she was 20 months, she had to have her PDA coiled and they discovered the pressure in her heart was dangerously high and decided to do the pacemaker asap. She's done fairly well with her pacemaker other than being limited to what activities she can do. She's had this pacemaker for 6 1/2 years and will have surgery in June to replace it.

Madison has a younger sister that is completely heart healthy (thank goodness). Apparently after having one child with this issues, the chances of having another is fairly high.

Thanks for reading and for "travelling" with us as we prepare for our trip!

Madison's Make A Wish PTR

A "Dream" was her wish TR
chelleydi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleydi77 View Post
Hi everyone! My oldest daughter is the newest Wish Kid from San Diego. We met with her wish granters yesterday and she wished to "dream on the Disney Dream". They are looking at dates in July or August for us to take a 5 day/4 night cruise to the Bahamas! We are so thankful for the MAW foundation and all they do!

A little background on our Wish Kid. When I was pregnant with her we noticed her heart rate was extremely low (80s or lower). We did testing (amnios, genetic screenings, etc) and after months of not knowing anything, discovered what she has is a complete heart block (the nerves of the top of the heart did not connect with the nerves from the bottom of the heart. The top beats normally, the bottom beats as it wishes). After she was born she was observed in the NICU for 5 days and seemed to be doing okay.

When she was 20 months, she had to have her PDA coiled and they discovered the pressure in her heart was dangerously high and decided to do the pacemaker asap. She's done fairly well with her pacemaker other than being limited to what activities she can do. She's had this pacemaker for 6 1/2 years and will have surgery in June to replace it.

Madison has a younger sister that is completely heart healthy (thank goodness). Apparently after having one child with this issues, the chances of having another is fairly high.

Thanks for reading and for "travelling" with us as we prepare for our trip!
HI! Another heart Mom here. Just wanted to say The DIS is a GREAT place to learn a LOT about many things. Praying the next Pacemaker surgery goes well and you will all be DREAMING soon!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the Dis Boards
so glad Madison is getting her trip
tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
brookerene
DIS Veteran

Welcome and I'm glad you started a PTR!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
maroo
DIS Veteran

bump!!

Welcome to the DIS!!

So glad you are here!

I added your TR to the first page of the Wish Trippers thread.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Oh Boy!!! I sure hope you get to do the cruise!! Would they consider tacking on a few days at GKTW to make it a full week and so you could experience that too????

I'll be watching to join in the celebration when you hear your dates!!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
chelleydi77
Mouseketeer

Awww! Thanks everyone! Madison is very excited and unfortunately she doesn't understand the "hurry up and wait" aspect (even though we're a military family, you would think she would know by now, lol!)

Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Stopping by to say HELLO to Madison who is
Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
chelleydi77
Mouseketeer

I completely forgot to put pictures of Madison and her Wish Granters, Faith and Ghill! Here they are 3/5/11. (sorry her eyes are closed in the first, she tends to never look at the camera!)

Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely forgot to put pictures of Madison and her Wish Granters, Faith and Ghill! Here they are 3/5/11. (sorry her eyes are closed in the first, she tends to never look at the camera!)

Awwww - everyone looks so happy!!! What a fun job!! My DH and I are applying to be wish granters!!!!

When will you know your dates???

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
chelleydi77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Awwww - everyone looks so happy!!! What a fun job!! My DH and I are applying to be wish granters!!!!

They both said they love it, one has been doing it for almost 10 years!! Not sure on when we'll find out the dates, is it sad that I forgot to ask what was next? I guess I should call, lol!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
blessedmom4

Quote:

How wonderful those photos are, THANK YOU for sharing them with us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post

Wendy you and DH will be AMAZING Wish Granters!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
Tonyababyrn
Mouseketeer

YAY for her wish trip!! A cruise sounds like so much fun.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
blessedmom4

Looking forward to hearing more when you have time!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #15
chelleydi77
Mouseketeer

I actually have a few minutes so I thought I'd tell you all a little bit about us! I am originally from SC and miss the South and East tremendously! I have my degree in dental hygiene but no longer work due to my husband being gone a lot. My husband, Mike, is in the United States Marine Corps. He's been in for almost 15 years now. We've been married for 10 years this September (got married right after 9/11 due to not knowing if he'd be home for our actual wedding, lol). We lived in VA when Madison was born and can't wait to go back. Mikayla was born in California, where we have lived for the past almost 7 years.

Madison and Mikayla are our only children. With Madison's heart issue, it's too risky for us to have any more but that is fine with me. We have animals to keep us entertained, a min pin named Emy, an English bulldog named Opha (after the 1st female Marine) and 2 guinea pigs, Hannah and Mia.

So that's us, the T fam in a nutshell. Here's our most recent family pic, taken about a year ago, enjoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: