Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #121
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

WOAH! I missed a bunch of stuff!

WOAH! I missed a bunch of stuff! I don't think my User CP is updating right, because I had no idea I missed the Shuttle launch day!

The pictures of the shuttle launch are great! I can't believe that you waited so long! Such patience! I am glad that you thought it was worth it. Definitely a once in a lifetime chance. Thankfully the launch actually took place that day- what a bummer it could have been if it was cancelled!

I am loving your loot from DTD! "My other car is the monorail" The Mary Poppins stuff is perfect!

Oh Goofy and his Candy Candy Candy! Someday that place is going to be the death of me. Even when I have just eaten, I still end up buying too much in there!

I will have to remember to pick stuff up when I see it on our next trip. I always say 'I'll get it later' and don't want to end up missing out! I wonder what WDW's return policy is? Because I would be worried about buying something now and then finding something I like/want more later!

I have to say that I am completely shocked that they didn't have a Presidents Day or Hall of Presidents pin! We were at EPCOT once on May 17th, which apparently is Norwegian Constitution Day. They had special pins for that day!!

Hmmm. .. . I think that is all I wanted to comment on. . . .I'll come back if I remember anything else!

Last edited by Kimberly815; 05-19-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #122
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

Told you it was packed!

I think it had to do with the Princess 1/2 Marathon that was that weekend. People were starting to arrive at WDW for that and apparently all came to the MK!

Oh my goodness!! I took me reading this to finally realize that you were there at the same time we were, or at least part of it since we were there for the Princess 1/2! I can't believe that both of us were in Disney at the same time and we had no idea! We were there from the 25-28th!! I'm sad now that I know I could have met you in person! Doggone it!!

I feel like such a moron for just now realizing it!! DUH!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #123
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

That is way too many people!!! Hahaha. Well, I'm sure Disney isn't complaining...

I'm glad to see your pics from POR...that's where Wingnut and I are contemplating staying next!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #124
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Those crowds are yucky

Hey our cars can be twins now!!!! Or at least me and Dan's cars can

What is going on near Adventureland that the wall is up?

The new Tortuga Restaurant is never open when we are there either. When IS it open?

How was the taco salad?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #125
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great updates!! I always love seeing people's souvenirs. And I totally agree with you about buy something if you want it! While most of the merchandise is the same everywhere, every once in a while there is something that you have to go on a quest for. I just mentioned in my TR how I had the hardest time finding the Rapunzel pin because I said I'd get it later. Luckily I managed to find it but grr, it was frustrating. OK, sorry for that long story.

Mmm, Earl of Sandwich sounds so good right about now. My stomach is growling!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #126
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
I have to say that I am completely shocked that they didn't have a Presidents Day or Hall of Presidents pin! We were at EPCOT once on May 17th, which apparently is Norwegian Constitution Day. They had special pins for that day!!
I know it! I was so shocked too. I wrote Disney Parks an email, no response back but I just couldn't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Oh my goodness!! I took me reading this to finally realize that you were there at the same time we were, or at least part of it since we were there for the Princess 1/2! I can't believe that both of us were in Disney at the same time and we had no idea! We were there from the 25-28th!! I'm sad now that I know I could have met you in person! Doggone it!!

I feel like such a moron for just now realizing it!! DUH!
Oh man! What a bummer! We totally could have met up! Are you on Facebook? If you are, PM me, we can be friends and make sure we know when we are going back to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That is way too many people!!! Hahaha. Well, I'm sure Disney isn't complaining...

I'm glad to see your pics from POR...that's where Wingnut and I are contemplating staying next!
POR is definitely a gorgeous resort. I highly recommend Magnolia Bend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Those crowds are yucky

Hey our cars can be twins now!!!! Or at least me and Dan's cars can

What is going on near Adventureland that the wall is up?

The new Tortuga Restaurant is never open when we are there either. When IS it open?

How was the taco salad?
Car twins

They were working on the bridge to Adventureland. You had to walk basically through the area where Ariel's meets usually are.

I bet the new Tortuga Restaurant is only open during peak season, when I'm never there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great updates!! I always love seeing people's souvenirs. And I totally agree with you about buy something if you want it! While most of the merchandise is the same everywhere, every once in a while there is something that you have to go on a quest for. I just mentioned in my TR how I had the hardest time finding the Rapunzel pin because I said I'd get it later. Luckily I managed to find it but grr, it was frustrating. OK, sorry for that long story.

Mmm, Earl of Sandwich sounds so good right about now. My stomach is growling!
Not a long story, a good one! People need to know if you want it, buy it! You can always return it but if you can't find it again, man what a pain!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 05-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #127
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love all of your DTD finds! I am definitely checking out the kitchen store while I'm there. I don't think I knew there was one? I always think about going in the one at MK, but I never feel like lugging all that stuff through the park.

I can't believe the crowds at MK! That is seriously scary! I love Maurice's cart - that is so cute! And what is the new Tortuga place? Is that where the Pirate & Parrot (or whatever it's called) was? That place is never open! Why do they even have it?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #128
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I love all of your DTD finds! I am definitely checking out the kitchen store while I'm there. I don't think I knew there was one? I always think about going in the one at MK, but I never feel like lugging all that stuff through the park.

I can't believe the crowds at MK! That is seriously scary! I love Maurice's cart - that is so cute! And what is the new Tortuga place? Is that where the Pirate & Parrot (or whatever it's called) was? That place is never open! Why do they even have it?

I found the name! Its Mickey's Pantry.

Now that you will be staying on property, just have it shipped to your room at no charge!

Yes the new Tortuga was the El Pirata y El Perico restaurant. Has ANYONE seen it open?!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #129
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Found your trip report and I am enjoying it. Back in November of 06 DH and I went to Disney by ourselves and we happene to catch a shuttle launch from the viewing platform of the Cali Grill. It was at night. I could not belive how bright it was from 60 miles away. How cool to be so close.

Looks like you bought some fun souvenirs. Can't wait to hear about hte rest of your trip.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #130
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Found your trip report and I am enjoying it. Back in November of 06 DH and I went to Disney by ourselves and we happene to catch a shuttle launch from the viewing platform of the Cali Grill. It was at night. I could not belive how bright it was from 60 miles away. How cool to be so close.

Looks like you bought some fun souvenirs. Can't wait to hear about hte rest of your trip.
Thanks for reading Disneybuckeye!

That must have been an amazing site from the top of Cali Grill! Very cool!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #131
Jennifer48

"Now its time to say goodbye..."

That it is, the last Disney day.

We slept in as long as we could and planned to be out at 11am, official check-out time.

I took a few more shots of our room.

Mousekeeping made us a toothbrush holder

Hidden Mickey in the divider curtain

and also in the bedspread

We filled the cooler with ice and headed out. We decided to have lunch at AKL Mara so we could pick up some Zebra Domes to bring home!

During lunch, Tyler told us that he's ready to do a Disney cruise now

On the road around 1pm, we drove past Universal and could see Hogwarts in the distance

Jacksonville, FL

Goodbye warm air! Goodbye warm sun!

Of course, we had to hit traffic AGAIN on the way home.

We saw quite a few forest fires on the way also. See the smoke plume?

I believe we were still in GA when these jets flew overhead

Once in SC, you knew the South of the Border signs were coming

They are building a rollercoaster there now. See it on the right?

Cont...
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #132
Jennifer48

We took a power nap at a rest stop in Jersey before trucking the rest of the way home.

Once we hit CT, we were back to this

YUCK!

So not what you want to see after being in the nice warm sun all week

We had about 8" of snow in our driveway when we pulled in and we didn't shovel it, at all. I was done with winter after that vacation and I refused!

Well thats it folks. Thank you so much for reading and following along!

See ya real soon!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #133
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Noooooooooo!!!! I can't believe this is the end!!
I've so enjoyed reading every bit of your report! I loved seeing all the signs on your trek home, and felt really bad that you had to come home to such stinky weather. After seeing all the pics from FL to SC, I definitely wasn't expecting to see snow!
Anyhoo--thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great report. I always love reading about your adventures. So when's the next one?
Old 05-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #134
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Wow, what a contrast between all the Disney pics and the last ones with all the snow. Must not have been easy at all to adjust again.

Enjoyed the report. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #135
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm sad to see your TR is over!! Ugh wasn't the weather just awful this past winter?? I think seeing snow was pretty much unavoidable for like 3 months straight in the entire Northeast hahaha.

Great report? So is there a Disney cruise in your future...???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: