Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #91
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
We sat in the same exact seats at Pizza Planet last time. Weird.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of you guys in the Surrey. Can you please frame that in your house somewhere? You guys look so fun!!!!
Not weird. Isn't that why we are friends, we like the same things?!

I will try to find a spot in the house for that picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay, an update! I sort of like the sorcerer hat but I do agree, the view of the Chinese Theater is neater. Oh well.

Glad you got to do TSM!

The surrey bike ride seems like so much fun. One of these days I need to do that.
I like the sorcerer hat but I don't like where its located.

I've done the surrey at POR & Poly now. Its a fun afternoon activity but a good leg workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Question: Do you remember about what time the return time for your Toy Story Mania Fastpasses were? Just curious how quickly they were going that early in the day. We are planning on picking them up first thing on our morning there, but I don't know how late into the afternoon we will stay with a 2 year old. I would hate to pick them up and not be able to use them!

I agree about the Backlot tour. It is pretty boring now. I think people only use it as a filler while waiting for something else!

I like the Sorcerer's hat in general, but I hate that it blocks the Chinese Theater. They should have placed it somewhere else!

I just noticed that you are all wearing character shirts! I love it!

Oh, and the Mary Poppins art would have been a lovely collectable, but that is a pretty big price tag. I bet you could find a similar authentic item elsewhere for a bit less.
I want to say we got our FPs at about 9:30-9:45am and they were not valid until 1pm-ish. Just standing there waiting for Dan the time kept increasing! I believe they were totally out of FPs by 11am that day.

We were all wearing the character shirts and thats the only photo I have of all of us wearing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDIS View Post
Really enoying your TR. Great job with the photos!
Thanks for reading RobDIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Jenn! How in tarnation did I miss this?? Anyway, I'm so very glad that I somehow stumbled upon it and am now all caught up on your adventures!!
I love that you stayed at POR! It's one of my dream resorts, and I can't wait to stay there sometime in the future. I hated to hear that it was so noisy though!!
I'm loving this report and can't wait to read more. I'm SO very glad I found it when I did!
Hi Missy!! So glad you found me!

POR is a beautiful resort. I would just recommend requesting a room on the top floor in case all the rooms walls are thin

I see you have the Dream booked. Please tell me you will write a TR?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I had no idea what was on the bottom of that balloon! I love the cheese . The Muppets are one of my favorites, I love all the little details around that ride.

Oooh you're heading to my favorite park next!
Yes! Epcot = Stringbean
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #92
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Yes! Epcot = Stringbean
SO true!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #93
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I might have looked at your anniversary pics again today because I'm so excited about OUR pics!

Speaking of us being friends....when are we going out for a belated birthday drink?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #94
Jennifer48

Quote:
I might have looked at your anniversary pics again today because I'm so excited about OUR pics!

Speaking of us being friends....when are we going out for a belated birthday drink?
Good! I'm glad you are looking at the pics! I'm super in love with them and I cannot WAIT to see yours!!

We were just at Joe's tonight. I had a free birthday entree/dessert coupon that was going to expire! Whenever your free next week we can go!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #95
Jennifer48

Thursday February 23rd

Rope drop at Epcot today meant racing with half the crowd to Test Track. The other half went to Soarin. We wanted to hit up Test Track because in June, Tyler chickened out. This trip, he was ready. We watched ride videos on YouTube and explained how its really not that fast.

Line was nonexistent so we paused for a picture with Stanley

We made it right to the end of the line and the CM had us wait. Seemed like they only had one holding room open. We waited maybe 5 minutes when the CM got over the intercom and told us there was a delay. We waited some more. The doors of the waiting room opened and people were exiting. We scratched our heads. CM gets on the intercom and explained that the ride was being shut down. So, everyone that was ahead of us got free FPs to come back. Since we were still in line, we didnít.

We had to exit through the entrance and headed to the FP machines to pick one up, so did everyone else. The FP was for 1:30pm. It was only 9:30am.

So we head over to Nemo, there was absolutely no one there. If you are there at rope drop, do Nemo. This is the 2nd time weíve done it this early and it was walk on.

Into The Seas, we heard that it was just about feeding time for the fish in the large aquarium so we headed to the observation deck.

There was a CM outside educating us on the tank, fish and feeding time. There were 2 CM in their scuba gear inside the tank.

Did you know that Spaceship Earth can fit INSIDE that tank?!

She also told us that the dolphins used to be in the same tank with the fish, sting rays and turtles. The dolphins started using the turtles as tops and spinning the sting rays as if they were frisbees!! So, they had to be separated!

Bruce, Tyler & Stanley

The Land was next and we sat inside Seasons and ate some of the snacks we brought until our time was up so we could get another FP.

Sitting there, I noticed a line forming. I couldnít figure out what it was for so I got up and walked over. Turns out, the line was for Living with the Land!! There was currently an 80 minute wait for Soarin. Either those were people that didnít want to wait for Soarin or just left Soarin and hit up the next closest ride.

Just people watching

My artistic picture of the table...apparently we sat in the Autumn section

It happened again here. I go to get FPs and there is a huge line. I step out of line and realize that everyone is waiting at the first machine! I walk to the back, get our FPs (which were 5pm) and head out. As I was walking away, they announced that the stand-by line was now 110 minutes!!

We hit up our favorite purple dinosaur. No not Barney, Figment!

Whats funny is that Tyler has been to Disney once. Been on Figment once. There was a family of 3 behind us and they had no idea what they were in line for. The little boy was Tylerís age and Tyler starts explaining the ride to them as if he was a pro. Dan and I were proud.

We saw Captain EO. Tyler was utterly confused. As was I. Guess it was better in the Ď80s. Glad we saw it though.

Innoventions was next. Dan and I are science geeks. I have my bachelorís in meteorology and Dan in computer science. We love it in here. So we were even more ecstatic when we saw....

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!!!

He was doing a talk on smoke and how it was flammable. My inner geek rejoiced.

Tyler did the video game. I cannot remember what it was called but you video yourself jumping and a victory dance and then play a video game with yourself as the character. Its pretty neat. We also got a Kim Possible FP as well before heading out.

Time for Test Track! Tyler was silent for most of the ride. Only said things like ďI remember this from the videoĒ and ďis the cold room next?Ē Other than that we couldnít tell if he was liking it. Outside, around the building, just as we start to slow down Tyler says ďlets do that again!Ē We KNEW heíd love that ride! We got FPs for later but we never ended up using them.

A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #96
Jennifer48

Pretzel in hand, we headed up to World Showcase. We started in Mexico and made our journey clockwise.

My mariachis were playing so we had to stop and listen. I just love them!

Tylerís Kim Possible FP was for Norway so we made our way over there.

Let me just say, it.took.forever.

Tyler just wasnít into it and had a difficult time and Dan and I were tired and we were getting frustrated with him because he kept needing our help, mostly because he wasnít reading the clue correctly nor was he reading it completely or paying attention. I think it took us 30 minutes.

We were done.

Once the mission was complete, we heading back out without stopping. This upset me a bit because I had planned on taking more time inside the shops of each of the countries which I havenít done before but we were just so spent.

Some photos on the way out

Back at POR, I spotted some Hidden Mickeys in the decorative railings

We ate sandwiches in our room and then I wanted to head back over to Fultonís to buy a POR pin and Mickeyroni & Cheese for Kimberly815!

I really wanted to try beignets so we decided to walk over to POFQ to get some. Its a really nice stroll along the Sassagoula River.

POFQ is nice than I expected. I really donít know why I didnít think it was going to be that nice. Maybe I thought Mardi Gras = dirty?!

WARNING! RachelNinja if you are reading beware! These are the giant masks/floats that you were afraid of!

Inside Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (aka food court) they have used Mardi Gras decorations all over.

mmmm fried dough! And they had just cooked them so they were so steamy and warm!

I was a happy camper!

Apparently Tyler didnít know what to think

We walked around the grounds afterwards

Pool bar

Semi scary jester in the dark

Neat pool

Back to the room, we watched Meet the Robinsons and hit the hay. We had a long day tomorrow. We were heading up to Cape Canaveral to watch the shuttle launch!!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #97
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Now I heard about this day before but you TOTALLY left out the part about Bill Nye!!!! How cool is that???

Those beignets looks amazing... OH I could go for one

Love the line pic for Living with the Land. Hope all those people enjoyed their boat ride through veggies

Can you do Thursday? I think Aisling is sleeping over my MILs Thursday night

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 04-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #98
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Checking out all your pictures just makes me want to go back................... NOW!!

Great trip report as always.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #99
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thursday February 23rd

Into The Seas, we heard that it was just about feeding time for the fish in the large aquarium so we headed to the observation deck.

There was a CM outside educating us on the tank, fish and feeding time. There were 2 CM in their scuba gear inside the tank.

Did you know that Spaceship Earth can fit INSIDE that tank?!

Being inside that tank and snorkeling around was one of the coolest things we have ever done. And it was very big inside of there!!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #100
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up.

I got completely distracted by your lovely pictures of the beignets! Such a scrumptious treat. Love that they come out all nice and fresh. Although, I did learn the hard way that they must be eaten immediately. They do not hold too well for the next day.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #101
Jennifer48

Quote:
Now I heard about this day before but you TOTALLY left out the part about Bill Nye!!!! How cool is that???

Those beignets looks amazing... OH I could go for one

Love the line pic for Living with the Land. Hope all those people enjoyed their boat ride through veggies

Can you do Thursday? I think Aisling is sleeping over my MILs Thursday night
It WAS cool! We didn't know he was there until we walked by!

I do believe I can do Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
Checking out all your pictures just makes me want to go back................... NOW!!

Great trip report as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
Being inside that tank and snorkeling around was one of the coolest things we have ever done. And it was very big inside of there!!
I wanna go back too! Thanks for the kind words friend!

Did you get to take any underwater photos? I don't think I heard how that went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm all caught up.

I got completely distracted by your lovely pictures of the beignets! Such a scrumptious treat. Love that they come out all nice and fresh. Although, I did learn the hard way that they must be eaten immediately. They do not hold too well for the next day.
Hmmm do they get all stale? Good to know that they don't keep well
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #102
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Whoa Bill Nye the Science Guy?!?! How cool is that?? I wonder if he rode Ellen's Energy Adventure while he was there.

I LOVE Figment (am wearing my Figment t-shirt right now, actually)!! But I do agree, Captain EO is a bit...puzzling? Bizarre? We'll go with dated. Cue dance sequence and cheesy special effects!

Those masks in Sassagoula Floatworks are definitely a bit creepy. But the beignets look great!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #103
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Every time I get in line for Test Track I worry that it will break down and we will lose out on all that time. Stinks that you were SO CLOSE, but not close enough to get Fastpasses!

I can't believe you saw Bill Nye! That's like meeting a childhood hero!

Quote:

We ate sandwiches in our room and then I wanted to head back over to Fultonís to buy a POR pin and Mickeyroni & Cheese for Kimberly815!
Thanks again for picking it up for me! I still haven't eaten it. Not sure why. It taunts me every time I open the cabinet. Maybe I will make it for dinner tonight!

I can't wait to see all your pics from Cape Canaveral!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #104
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

The yellow brick road leads from an O to a Z! You can actually see the Z in the picture you took of Dorothy. It's to the left of her arm.

Oh cool! I never thought to look at the hot air balloon in detail!

Ooo, you rented a surrey bike! That was one of the things I had on the list for a rest day, but we really did just end up resting! We just went to the pool on that day instead of resort hopping.

Awww, that stinks that you guys couldn't get free FPs for Test Track. Thankfully, they were still available from the machine. I wonder how long it would have been if you decided to just wait it out.

WHOA, that line for Living with the Land is CRAZY! I wonder if they all knew what they were waiting for and how long the line usually is. If I saw that and wanted to kill time before Soarin', I'd get a snack from Sunshine Seasons!

WOW, Bill Nye?!? That's so crazy! I would've definitely done a double take and been like, no way, it can't possibly be!

HAHA, I saw the warning and was like, OH NO! HOW DO I GET THROUGH THE REST OF THESE UPDATES?!? I squinted my eyes so I could scroll through! Thanks for the warning! I really might have screamed! Haha, they seriously are so so so creepy!

I'm very excited for the shuttle launch update!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninjaís Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #105
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Whoa Bill Nye the Science Guy?!?! How cool is that?? I wonder if he rode Ellen's Energy Adventure while he was there.

I LOVE Figment (am wearing my Figment t-shirt right now, actually)!! But I do agree, Captain EO is a bit...puzzling? Bizarre? We'll go with dated. Cue dance sequence and cheesy special effects!

Those masks in Sassagoula Floatworks are definitely a bit creepy. But the beignets look great!
He didn't ride Ellen's but someone did ask him what the last power source will be, or something like that, and the answer was brain power! I've never ridden (is that a word??) it so I didn't get the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Every time I get in line for Test Track I worry that it will break down and we will lose out on all that time. Stinks that you were SO CLOSE, but not close enough to get Fastpasses!

I can't believe you saw Bill Nye! That's like meeting a childhood hero!

Thanks again for picking it up for me! I still haven't eaten it. Not sure why. It taunts me every time I open the cabinet. Maybe I will make it for dinner tonight!

I can't wait to see all your pics from Cape Canaveral!
Lots of pics coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
The yellow brick road leads from an O to a Z! You can actually see the Z in the picture you took of Dorothy. It's to the left of her arm.

Oh cool! I never thought to look at the hot air balloon in detail!

Ooo, you rented a surrey bike! That was one of the things I had on the list for a rest day, but we really did just end up resting! We just went to the pool on that day instead of resort hopping.

Awww, that stinks that you guys couldn't get free FPs for Test Track. Thankfully, they were still available from the machine. I wonder how long it would have been if you decided to just wait it out.

WHOA, that line for Living with the Land is CRAZY! I wonder if they all knew what they were waiting for and how long the line usually is. If I saw that and wanted to kill time before Soarin', I'd get a snack from Sunshine Seasons!

WOW, Bill Nye?!? That's so crazy! I would've definitely done a double take and been like, no way, it can't possibly be!

HAHA, I saw the warning and was like, OH NO! HOW DO I GET THROUGH THE REST OF THESE UPDATES?!? I squinted my eyes so I could scroll through! Thanks for the warning! I really might have screamed! Haha, they seriously are so so so creepy!

I'm very excited for the shuttle launch update!
I did know about O & Z! I just read about that in the Hidden WDW book!

I didn't want you to freak out so I knew I had to put a disclaimer for you!
A Road Trip Engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: