Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #76
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Your parade pictures are wonderful! You must have had a great spot.

That No Way Jose looks so yummy. I really hope to get over to Beachs & Cream sometime soon. It's definitely on my list of places to try!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #77
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I wanted to ride Dumbo too just to see the construction going on! It didn't happen though. We just didn't make the time for it. I like being able see the pic you got though!

Ooo, I could totally see myself buying that puzzle! I have a puzzle I bought in 2010 from DTD, but I still haven't done that one yet. Haha, I really shouldn't be thinking about buying another one already, but I can't help it. I just love 'em!

How adorable! Love Tyler's haircut!

You had such a great spot for the parade. I think I'd like to watch it from there too just to see how they act "backstage" even though they're seen. I know that they still have to be in character and all that when they pass a certain line indicating that they're visible to guests, but that'd be interesting to see firsthand! Plus, you got some really awesome shots!

Oh WOW! It must've been so great to have Melanie remember you! That's pretty amazing because I'm sure they see so many people each day. What a great story!

AHHHH, YES YES YES you should have shouted out to me!!! Haha, although keeping an eye out for Tyler really is more important! I wouldn't be surprised if we end up at WDW at the same time again since you'd have to go during a school break if Tyler goes again, and as a teacher, I have to go on those school breaks too! Next time!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #78
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Jen, I have those parade pictures from almost the same spot it looks like you were in!! Co-inkydink???? I think not!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #79
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Your parade pictures are wonderful! You must have had a great spot.

That No Way Jose looks so yummy. I really hope to get over to Beachs & Cream sometime soon. It's definitely on my list of places to try!
Thanks! You DO have to get over to Beaches 'n Cream! I think a Disneymoon dessert is in order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I wanted to ride Dumbo too just to see the construction going on! It didn't happen though. We just didn't make the time for it. I like being able see the pic you got though!

Ooo, I could totally see myself buying that puzzle! I have a puzzle I bought in 2010 from DTD, but I still haven't done that one yet. Haha, I really shouldn't be thinking about buying another one already, but I can't help it. I just love 'em!

How adorable! Love Tyler's haircut!

You had such a great spot for the parade. I think I'd like to watch it from there too just to see how they act "backstage" even though they're seen. I know that they still have to be in character and all that when they pass a certain line indicating that they're visible to guests, but that'd be interesting to see firsthand! Plus, you got some really awesome shots!

Oh WOW! It must've been so great to have Melanie remember you! That's pretty amazing because I'm sure they see so many people each day. What a great story!

AHHHH, YES YES YES you should have shouted out to me!!! Haha, although keeping an eye out for Tyler really is more important! I wouldn't be surprised if we end up at WDW at the same time again since you'd have to go during a school break if Tyler goes again, and as a teacher, I have to go on those school breaks too! Next time!
When those gates open, they are already in "parade" mode singing & dancing. The line is further back. We learned that on the KTTK last year. I highly recommend it to any Disney fan!

Now that DCL is cruising out of NY, maybe we can have a DISmeet there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
Jen, I have those parade pictures from almost the same spot it looks like you were in!! Co-inkydink???? I think not!!
NO!! I'm shocked!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #80
Jennifer48

Sorry for the delay, my 5 readers I started to do the 30 day workout on my Wii Active and I've been so exhausted afterward that I shower and go to bed. I am really out of shape!

Tomorrow is my birthday so I took the day off & I'm going to try to get some updates done this weekend.

Thanks for reading everyone!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #81
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Sorry for the delay, my 5 readers I started to do the 30 day workout on my Wii Active and I've been so exhausted afterward that I shower and go to bed. I am really out of shape!

Tomorrow is my birthday so I took the day off & I'm going to try to get some updates done this weekend.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Alright Missy! *tapping foot on the floor* Where is our update?

Just teasing! I know that life gets in the way. . . . speaking of which- Do you like the Wii Active? Does it have good workouts?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #82
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Alright Missy! *tapping foot on the floor* Where is our update?

Just teasing! I know that life gets in the way. . . . speaking of which- Do you like the Wii Active? Does it have good workouts?
Its coming!

I do like Wii Active! There are different varieties of the workouts that you can do and you can chose your level.
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #83
Jennifer48

Tuesday February 22nd

We knew if the only thing we did at DHS was Toy Story Mania, it would be considered a successful day. We missed doing it during Tyler’s first trip last June and we felt bad about it. We didn’t want to miss it today.

So, we just missed rope drop. Not by much though. Dan was on FP duty this morning so he booked it to the TSM FPs and Tyler and I wandered up Hollywood Blvd trying not to get run over by the stampede.

Does anyone actually like the Sorcerer Hat?? I liked it much better when the view of Mann’s Chinese Theater was at the end of the blvd.

By the time we made it to Pixar Place, Dan had been in the FP line. This thing is out of control. Dan was standing at One Man’s Dream and the line extended all the way down to Voyage of the Little Mermaid!!

Once FPs were in hand, we cut through the FP line and into One Man’s Dream. We tried to educate Tyler on the life of Walt Disney but I think he got a little bored.

We did stay and watch the movie (how can you not?!) and then headed back up to the Great Movie Ride.

They didn’t have the whole queue open so this is the best picture I could get of Mary Poppins’ carousel horse

Waited only a few minutes before we boarded our ‘journey into the movies!’

I never knew if photos were ok so I made sure to listen properly to the instructions. Our CM said no flash photography or videography so I was good!

“Be gone before someone drops a house on you!”

“Come out, come out whereEVer you are, to meet the young lady, who fell from a star..”

“Follow the yellow brick road...” Ever wonder where the red brick road leads to???

After our journey, we were getting hungry and tried to figure out where we wanted to eat. It was still early and apparently the Backlot Express isn’t open that early (I think it was around 11) and the Jedi Training academy had just started to we watched for a bit until all the fathers put their children on their shoulders and we could no longer see.
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #84
Jennifer48

Pizza Planet was open so we decide that would be scrumptious.

We sat up on the 2nd floor and had a view of Muppet land.

Hot air balloon on top of Muppet theater

Close up

Stanley liked it! Apparently so did Tyler since he has sauce all over his face!

Bellies full, we decided just to walk around a bit our TSM FPs were up. We were in a weird lull time where none of the shows were playing so there really was nothing else to do. I don’t like the Backlot Tour anymore and neither of the boys wanted to go on ToT or RnRC with me.

Tyler didn’t quite get ‘Singing in the Rain’ kids theses days, not educated on the classics

I just noticed that kid getting misted in the face!

Tyler and Stanley ready for the competition!

I absolutely love it in here!

Our Wheezy vehicle

I won!

Not against Dan though, he got Best in Vehicle

80 minute stand-by

So, we headed out

and stopped in Sid Cahuengas to take a look at the memorabilia. I REALLY wanted this

and was VERY close to buying it but, I couldn’t swallow the $385 price tag.

Back at POR, what to do, what to do?

We decided to rent a surrey! We thought we could take it down to POFQ but, no. You are only allowed to drive them around POR.

Our building from the other side of the Sassagoula

After our leg burning exercise, we stopped by Fulton’s General Store to pick up the package we sent back from MK the day before.

Back in the room, we had sandwiches for dinner and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Tomorrow: EPCOT!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #85
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

We sat in the same exact seats at Pizza Planet last time. Weird.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of you guys in the Surrey. Can you please frame that in your house somewhere? You guys look so fun!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #86
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay, an update! I sort of like the sorcerer hat but I do agree, the view of the Chinese Theater is neater. Oh well.

Glad you got to do TSM!

The surrey bike ride seems like so much fun. One of these days I need to do that.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #87
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Question: Do you remember about what time the return time for your Toy Story Mania Fastpasses were? Just curious how quickly they were going that early in the day. We are planning on picking them up first thing on our morning there, but I don't know how late into the afternoon we will stay with a 2 year old. I would hate to pick them up and not be able to use them!

I agree about the Backlot tour. It is pretty boring now. I think people only use it as a filler while waiting for something else!

I like the Sorcerer's hat in general, but I hate that it blocks the Chinese Theater. They should have placed it somewhere else!

Quote:
We decided to rent a surrey! We thought we could take it down to POFQ but, no. You are only allowed to drive them around POR.

I just noticed that you are all wearing character shirts! I love it!

Oh, and the Mary Poppins art would have been a lovely collectable, but that is a pretty big price tag. I bet you could find a similar authentic item elsewhere for a bit less.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #88
RobDIS
Mouseketeer

Really enoying your TR. Great job with the photos!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #89
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Jenn! How in tarnation did I miss this?? Anyway, I'm so very glad that I somehow stumbled upon it and am now all caught up on your adventures!!
I love that you stayed at POR! It's one of my dream resorts, and I can't wait to stay there sometime in the future. I hated to hear that it was so noisy though!!
I'm loving this report and can't wait to read more. I'm SO very glad I found it when I did!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #90
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had no idea what was on the bottom of that balloon! I love the cheese . The Muppets are one of my favorites, I love all the little details around that ride.

Oooh you're heading to my favorite park next!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: