Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #61
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
More great pics of AK!!!! Nice job girly! I think you are ready to move up to a DSLR
Thanks! Congrats on your 13 lbs lost! I cannot WAIT to see your family pics when you get back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
There are so many lovely details at Animal Kingdom. The problem - It's so easy to miss them rushing from one place to another! I think we might try spending a bit more time at Animal Kingdom on our next trip, just to make sure we see more of the details.

I really like the Jammin Jungle Parade. It really picks you up even if the afternoon heat is rough!
That parade reminded me of the Lion King on Broadway. Similar puppet/animals
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #62
Jennifer48

Monday February 21, 2011

POR is a nice resort but seriously, the walls are made of paper. Add that and the fact that every toilet had to flush and go through the pipes in our wall made for a horrible night of sleep.

The plan was to hit up MK today and depending on the crowds, we’d play it by ear and hop if necessary. We were not going to tolerate the people especially with the lack of sleep.

We made it to the TTC around 8:30a and decided on taking the Ferry over to MK.

I’ve seen MK rope drop with a hand full of people and I’ve seen it busy. This morning, there were so many people there, we couldn’t even get through the turnstiles. The lines were that long.

Good morning, good mOOOrning!

Under the train station, up Main Street dancing to my favorite tune, the Main Street Loop, and heading towards Fantasyland. Our first stop was Dumbo. Our reasons were twofold. One, Tyler didn’t get to ride it when we took him in June and two, Dan & I wanted to see how the expansion construction was going.

Based on the sketches, I believe the building to the left in this photo is going to either be Beast’s castle or where the new Snow White coaster is going to be.

Up next was Snow White’s Scary Adventure since it will be gone once the expansion is finished. I explained this to Tyler and he was excited to ride it one last time.

I have been reading the book, Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, and I wanted to point out some of the hidden magic to the boys. One that I had known about before reading the book was the giant in the Sir Mickey’s store.

Haunted Mansion was next and we explained the pet cemetery to Tyler.

We grabbed FP for BTMRR and heard the whistle blow from the train that pulled into the Frontierland station and decided to jump on.

Frontier Mickey & Minnie were outside the bathrooms by the Splash exit.

You know in the Jungle Cruise, the backside of water? Well have you ever seen the backside of trees??

Sitting on the train, we realized that Tyler’s hair was horrible, it was too long. He needed it cut. Where else better to do it? Main Street Barbershop of course! So we excited the train at Main Street station and walked over to the barbershop. The line went out the door so we decided to check back later.

Headed into my favorite shop, the Emporium to take a look around.

I collect postcards so I purchased 2 with the 40th anniversary info and a puzzle as well and had them sent back to the resort:

I Main Street USA

Can anyone tell me what the Seven Summits was about?? We learned what it was on the KTTK tour.

So far, we have NO idea where all those people were at rope drop! Things are going well!
A Road Trip Engagement
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #63
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

One that I had known about before reading the book was the giant in the Sir Mickey’s store.

I never saw that guy before! How cool! I'm always forgetting to look in every direction at Disney, there's always something to be found.

Quote:

I love how it looks like some of the Daisy's are making a break for it!

Quote:

Can anyone tell me what the Seven Summits was about?? We learned what it was on the KTTK tour.

According to The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, "A window worth nothing belongs to Frank Wells, chief operating officer and president of Walt Disney Company from 1984 to 1994. Look for the window titled Seven Summits Expeditions, up on the third story, above the Main Street Market House. Wells's window is the highest on Main Street, in honor of his love for mountaineering. But consider this: Wells attempted to conquer the highest summit on each of the seven continents in a single year - achieving six of the seven, but having to turn back before reaching the top of Everest. Coincidentally, there are also seven (count 'em!) lands at the Magic Kingdom and Mr. Wells conquered them all."
Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #64
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I think the people at rope drop were all in the Barbershop.

I do not know what the 7 Summits is (are?)....are you going to share?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #65
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Love the construction photos. I might just have to take a ride on Dumbo on the disneymoon for that, too!

Frontier Mickey and Minnie look so cute! I've never seen them before!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #66
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The seven summits are the highest mountains on the seven continents. They are:

Kilimanjaro in Africa
Denali in North America
Elbrus in Europe
Aconcagua in South America
Carstensz Pyramid in Oceania
Vinson in Antarctica
Everest in Asia
Old 03-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #67
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
According to The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World, "A window worth nothing belongs to Frank Wells, chief operating officer and president of Walt Disney Company from 1984 to 1994. Look for the window titled Seven Summits Expeditions, up on the third story, above the Main Street Market House. Wells's window is the highest on Main Street, in honor of his love for mountaineering. But consider this: Wells attempted to conquer the highest summit on each of the seven continents in a single year - achieving six of the seven, but having to turn back before reaching the top of Everest. Coincidentally, there are also seven (count 'em!) lands at the Magic Kingdom and Mr. Wells conquered them all."
Whoop! You earn the

Quote:
Stringbean got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Love the construction photos. I might just have to take a ride on Dumbo on the disneymoon for that, too!
I think its a must!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #68
Jennifer48

After our shopping trip, our FP for BTMRR were up so we walked through Frontierland and made a pit stop at Pirates since the line was nonexistant. We took the left side since everyone was going right and it ended up being longer. DOH! Does that happen to anyone else? Any line I get in is the longer line. It happens at the gas station, the supermarket, etc.

Anywho, Stanley was excited to expereince the “wildest ride in the wilderness!!!”

I love this action shot...he really was happy!

Our stomachs were a grumblin’ after that trip so we headed over to our new fav CS, Columbia Harbour House. DH & I ate there during the KTTK tour and we loved sitting over Liberty Square people watching.

Our nutritious lunch

After lunch we walked next door to the Hall of Presidents but we just missed the show so we walked across the Hub to Tomorrowland and grabbed FP for Buzz and hopped on our fav, the Peoplemover, until our food digested.

The Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade would be starting soon so we walked back over to the Hub to pick out a spot. I love the music to this parade. Tyler and I watched it on YouTube over and over and got the moves down pat!

Tyler & I shook our tail feathers and Mr. Incredible joined us! We had lots of fun. I had the camera while dancing so sorry I don’t have pictures of it!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #69
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Do you have any other complaints about POR other than the thin walls? Just wondering. It looks so beautiful!

Glad that the Magic Kingdom wasn't as busy as it first appeared! I was worried for you guys for a minute there!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #70
Holly324
Mouseketeer

I started reading your trip report because of the phin and Ferb reference! Anyone who loves P&F must have good taste, right??? Love your report so far! Great pics, and great info!! Can't wait to read more!!

Oh, and by the way, I am one of those "don't get in the same line as me because it will inevitably be the longest one" people, too!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #71
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Do you have any other complaints about POR other than the thin walls? Just wondering. It looks so beautiful!

Glad that the Magic Kingdom wasn't as busy as it first appeared! I was worried for you guys for a minute there!
No other complaints. The grounds were beautiful and access to everything was great. Just thin walls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly324 View Post
I started reading your trip report because of the phin and Ferb reference! Anyone who loves P&F must have good taste, right??? Love your report so far! Great pics, and great info!! Can't wait to read more!!

Oh, and by the way, I am one of those "don't get in the same line as me because it will inevitably be the longest one" people, too!
Hi Holly324! Thanks for reading! Isn't P&F one of the best?! Super love that show!

Glad I'm not the only one who gets stuck in the longest lines!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #72
Jennifer48

After we moved it and shaked it, we headed over to the Hall of Presidents. Remember, it is Presidents Day! We had about 10 minutes before the next show so we took a seat inside the rotunda and waited. Colonial Mickey was taking photos in there.

We headed over to Buzz next

and I beat myself!

We figured we’d try the barbershop again so we headed back down Main Street. Once we arrived, there was only 1 person waiting (he looked like a CM) and both seats were taken. I never realized how tiny it was in there!

We only waited probably 15 minutes when we were up. We had to convince Tyler that the CM was not going to buzz his head, like we wanted, but to just trim it.

Our hairdresser/barber/woman cutting hair (what do you call her?) was fantastic! Her name was Beverlene. You can see in the mirror, the line started to grow again. We came at a good time!

Tyler was great and didn’t move at all. One of the other kids got pixie dusted so of course, Tyler wanted some too. Hey, so did I!

He also got a hidden Mickey done in the back

What a great experience and his hair turned out very handsome!

Stanley agreed

Since we were right at Main Street and it was almost 3:00, we parked our hineys on the curb and watched the parade.

continued in next post...
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #73
Jennifer48

Once the parade passed, we decided to head out of MK. We were getting hungry and decided on ice cream. Dan and I had a craving for a No Way Jose!

So we jumped on the monorail to the TTC

and drove over to the Beach Club. There was a 30 minute wait at Beaches ‘n Cream so we waited our turn. We wanted to sit at the counter because on our anniversary trip last September, Dan and I ate there a few times and met one of the cutest CMs. Her name is Melanie. I told her she looks like Cinderella.
Here I am with her in September

So we were excited to see if she was still working. Do you think she’d remember us??

Once our buzzer went off, we were seated at the counter. I couldn’t see Melanie anywhere. Oh well.

We ordered our ice cream and vanilla cokes.
Tell me this does not look scrumdidelyupcious!

In walked Melanie! She gave me a double take and said “I remember you!” I couldn’t believe it! She saw Tyler and said “and you brought someone else!” Isn’t Disney the best?! Unfortunately she was not waiting on us but we did chat with her as she walked by a few times.

Bellies full, we decided to walk it off by heading through the International Gateway into Epcot. We headed to the front since the times board showed no wait on Spaceship Earth.

Apparently, me and my identical twin rode together

Dan headed to the bathroom afterwards so Tyler and I walked around Test Track to show him about it. On his first trip last June, he was so afraid of TT but the past few months, we had been watching YouTube videos at home and he was excited to ride!

I saw rachelninja walk by and I wanted to yell hello but Tyler had just walked out of my vision and I didn’t want to lose him. We were supposed to have a DISmeet later in the week but unfortunately, that didn’t happen. I knew I should have yelled to you Rachel!

We headed back to POR after our short pop in at Epcot. I wasn’t feeling well so I laid down while the boys went out and swam.

Tomorrow: Operation Toy Story Mania!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #74
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Quote:

Tyler's hair looks so cool! I'd love to get some pixie dust in mine, but I'm always afraid it would take a year to get out! Were you finding pixie dust on the pillows for awhile after?

Quote:

How fun is that you got to see Melanie again! (She does look a bit like Cinderella!) She sounds very sweet
Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #75
Jennifer48

Quote:
Great update!
Tyler's hair looks so cool! I'd love to get some pixie dust in mine, but I'm always afraid it would take a year to get out! Were you finding pixie dust on the pillows for awhile after?
It actually all came out in the shower. He was bummed but we weren't!

Quote:
How fun is that you got to see Melanie again! (She does look a bit like Cinderella!) She sounds very sweet
The day I told her she looked like Cinderella she had a light blue headband on, thats why I thought of it. She is sooo sweet!
A Road Trip Engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: