Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #46
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

The wildebeest are kinda creepy! They probably hang out with buffalo!!!

You got some really great detail shots in AK! Ahhh, I can't believe that I'm going to have to wait until next year to be able to examine all those details! The parking lot lines are so cool! It really make it feel like it's the opposite of Disney, but it's funny because it's purposely done by Disney!

Ooo, and I've never seen the spoof of The Glass Menagerie! I remember reading that in high school despite the fact that I don't remember what it was about ... hmm ... I always tell myself to reread the classics, but I don't! I know I had teachers that introduced me to a ton of great stories in my lifetime. I hope my students will say that on day! Wow, I went off on a tangent on your TR ...

Hehe, Weird has one of the Vinylmation figurines that's in that case

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #47
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oooh, look at all the elephants! haha, my last two posts on here have sounded kind of similar. But that is awesome so many of the elephants were out! They're my favorite along with the giraffes.

I have read the backstory of Dinorama. You got some great pictures of all the little details. Those signs that say "When in Florida be sure to visit Epcot" are great.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #48
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Thanks for the info on the doors on the trams. We are a bit nervous since our next trip will be the first ever with a stroller!!

The Wild Africa Tour looks AWESOME! You have to do it- and then come back here and tell us all about it!! (Since even though I *want* to do it, I doubt I will be able to for several years!)

Dinoland really makes sense once you know the backstory. The whole area is themed just right for it. I just wish there was a bit more there than Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama. I am not a fan of the carnival games (though they make sense theme-wise). I think we might check out the Boneyard during out next trip for the first time. I figured it will be the perfect place for my munchkin to play while the adults take turns riding Expedition Everest.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

Even the babies!!

Oh my goodness how cute!!!! I loved seeing the elephants on the safari, they were my favorites. But we didn't get to see any of the babies...how lucky!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #50
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I have never seen that waterfall either! I REALLY need to slow down at AK!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
The wildebeest are kinda creepy! They probably hang out with buffalo!!!

You got some really great detail shots in AK! Ahhh, I can't believe that I'm going to have to wait until next year to be able to examine all those details! The parking lot lines are so cool! It really make it feel like it's the opposite of Disney, but it's funny because it's purposely done by Disney!

Ooo, and I've never seen the spoof of The Glass Menagerie! I remember reading that in high school despite the fact that I don't remember what it was about ... hmm ... I always tell myself to reread the classics, but I don't! I know I had teachers that introduced me to a ton of great stories in my lifetime. I hope my students will say that on day! Wow, I went off on a tangent on your TR ...

Hehe, Weird has one of the Vinylmation figurines that's in that case
You are too much Rae!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oooh, look at all the elephants! haha, my last two posts on here have sounded kind of similar. But that is awesome so many of the elephants were out! They're my favorite along with the giraffes.

I have read the backstory of Dinorama. You got some great pictures of all the little details. Those signs that say "When in Florida be sure to visit Epcot" are great.
Its ok that your posts sound familiar, I'm just glad you are reading and posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
Thanks for the info on the doors on the trams. We are a bit nervous since our next trip will be the first ever with a stroller!!

The Wild Africa Tour looks AWESOME! You have to do it- and then come back here and tell us all about it!! (Since even though I *want* to do it, I doubt I will be able to for several years!)

Dinoland really makes sense once you know the backstory. The whole area is themed just right for it. I just wish there was a bit more there than Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama. I am not a fan of the carnival games (though they make sense theme-wise). I think we might check out the Boneyard during out next trip for the first time. I figured it will be the perfect place for my munchkin to play while the adults take turns riding Expedition Everest.

You will be FINE with the stroller on the trams! You have plenty of help to assist if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh my goodness how cute!!!! I loved seeing the elephants on the safari, they were my favorites. But we didn't get to see any of the babies...how lucky!
They were cute! I was so excited to see them especially since I didn't get to see the baby gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I have never seen that waterfall either! I REALLY need to slow down at AK!
Woman, slow DOWN!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 03-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #52
Jennifer48

After the boys finished their ride on Dinosaur, it was almost 3 o’clock. You know what that means.....LUNCH! Just kidding. The 3 o’clock parade, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, was about to begin soon so we walked the parade route and found a great, empty spot over near Yak & Yeti.

Not really much to describe so I’ll let the pictures do the talking

There were lots of families in this parade on various “floats”

A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #53
Jennifer48

After the parade we decided to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Tyler hadn’t seen the tigers last time so we headed that way.

Bats!

The beautiful tigers

After this we decided to head back to POR to eat dinner. We made sandwiches from the food we brought down and just relaxed and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Tomorrow, Magic Kingdom on Presidents Day! Good idea or miserably wrong?!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #54
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Great AK pics! That parade looks really cute, I love the interpretive animal art they have there. Even though AK is really not my favorite park, I will say that the level of detail there is incredible. Disney truly does not ever leave one stone unturned (or pixie-dusted, as it were!)
Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #55
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I've listened to the AK parade music on DIS radio so often that I could hear while looking at your pictures! Haha, even though I've never seen the parade myself ...

Ooo, so curious to know how MK was on Monday! We purposely avoided it, but I'm wondering if the predictions were true!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #56
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Ok, how did I not know you had a TR going?!!! Sorry it's taken me so long but I'm definitely here now! And loving it so far!

I can't believe you drove all the way from MA! And that you made it sound so easy. How many hours is that?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #57
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Love the updates on AK. Its been a couple years since we have been there. Finally going back this Aug.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years

Old 03-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #58
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Great AK pics! That parade looks really cute, I love the interpretive animal art they have there. Even though AK is really not my favorite park, I will say that the level of detail there is incredible. Disney truly does not ever leave one stone unturned (or pixie-dusted, as it were!)
Seriously the detail is amazing. It actually wasn't until this trip that I actually looked around more. That section by the tigers on the Maharajah Trek, gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I've listened to the AK parade music on DIS radio so often that I could hear while looking at your pictures! Haha, even though I've never seen the parade myself ...

Ooo, so curious to know how MK was on Monday! We purposely avoided it, but I'm wondering if the predictions were true!
That was a first for us, I might have to download the music now!
You'll find out about MK soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Ok, how did I not know you had a TR going?!!! Sorry it's taken me so long but I'm definitely here now! And loving it so far!

I can't believe you drove all the way from MA! And that you made it sound so easy. How many hours is that?
Sorry! I posted it on fb but thats the only advertising I've done for it PM me if you want to be friends!
Its about a 21 hour drive from our house to WDW. Unfortunately this time it took us 25 hours with the massive amounts of traffic we hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Love the updates on AK. Its been a couple years since we have been there. Finally going back this Aug.
Thanks for reading! I hope you have time to enjoy the detail in AK, its wonderful!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #59
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

More great pics of AK!!!! Nice job girly! I think you are ready to move up to a DSLR
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #60
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

There are so many lovely details at Animal Kingdom. The problem - It's so easy to miss them rushing from one place to another! I think we might try spending a bit more time at Animal Kingdom on our next trip, just to make sure we see more of the details.

I really like the Jammin Jungle Parade. It really picks you up even if the afternoon heat is rough!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: