Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love the title of your TR! Phineas and Ferb is such a fantastic show, DBF always laughs at me when he sees me watching it.

Disney is definitely a great surprise! Hopefully you didn't hit too much more traffic on your way!
Old 03-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #17
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Love the title of your TR! Phineas and Ferb is such a fantastic show, DBF always laughs at me when he sees me watching it.

Disney is definitely a great surprise! Hopefully you didn't hit too much more traffic on your way!

yay for another P&F fan! Thanks for joining in!

I just saw your TR in your signature. Open-heart surgery you look too young for that! I'm heading over to read....
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #18
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

I am here too now!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
15isto2
DIS Veteran

I think its considered child abuse these days if by 10 you dont have at leist one apple product

Old 03-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #20
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Can you believe it is 4 years since your trip report about your stalkers!!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #21
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
I am here too now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
I think its considered child abuse these days if by 10 you dont have at leist one apple product
Then report us to the authorities because we're not buying him one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixski51 View Post
Can you believe it is 4 years since your trip report about your stalkers!!
I do believe that needs to be rectified. Although, its not that I haven't seen you at ALL since then!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #22
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

What is with these kiddies and that iPod Touch?!? Haha, Matt is obsessed with it too! That's what he wanted for so long, but he ended up buying a Nano. Now my mom actually has a Touch (her present from her first paycheck since she started working part time at my school at the front desk), and Matt wants it any chance he can get! I'm totally different because I would rather have DISNEY!!!

OH COOL! I love that Tyler had the Flat Stanley! Reminds me of flat Weird and Ninja, of course. Also, when we were eating dinner at 'Ohana, an older couple brought along a Flat Stanley. I think it was their granddaughter's, and they were explaining to the waiter what they had to do with it.

Next time you should pass through my area and stop by me! Haha, it might be easier than trying to meet up at WDW.

I can't believe all the traffic you guys met already. And gosh, I know just how far it is from where I am to Orlando, so I'm excited yet inwardly cringing at the rest of your updates about your traveling!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
What is with these kiddies and that iPod Touch?!? Haha, Matt is obsessed with it too! That's what he wanted for so long, but he ended up buying a Nano. Now my mom actually has a Touch (her present from her first paycheck since she started working part time at my school at the front desk), and Matt wants it any chance he can get! I'm totally different because I would rather have DISNEY!!!

OH COOL! I love that Tyler had the Flat Stanley! Reminds me of flat Weird and Ninja, of course. Also, when we were eating dinner at 'Ohana, an older couple brought along a Flat Stanley. I think it was their granddaughter's, and they were explaining to the waiter what they had to do with it.

Next time you should pass through my area and stop by me! Haha, it might be easier than trying to meet up at WDW.

I can't believe all the traffic you guys met already. And gosh, I know just how far it is from where I am to Orlando, so I'm excited yet inwardly cringing at the rest of your updates about your traveling!
Kiddies have too many expensive toy choices nowadays in my opinion. Remember when our options were Slinkys, Hula Hoops and Jump Rope?!

We had a conversation with Tyler at one point explaining why we never do anything fun and exciting at home and that we use that money to go towards Disney. He likes that idea now!

OMG I thought that the other day! We should just meet up at NYC at the Disney Store. Easier and cheaper!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
Jennifer48

Saturday February 19th

During the wee hours of the morning, I took a few cat naps in case I had to drive and DH needed to rest.

We got to America’s biggest tourist trap AKA South of the Border, around 7-7:30am. We did not stop, just drove by.

We arrived in Florida at about noon and hit more traffic as we got closer to Daytona. It was the start of the Daytona 500 weekend. I believe the actual race wasn't until Sunday but they had festivities at the track.

This tractor trailer was next to us on the highway and he had these spikes on his front tires

Goodyear blimp and planes carrying banners over the racetrack

Into Orlando now I took a picture of the local news’ Doppler Radar...I’m a dork

Where the Orlando Magic play

aaaaaaaaand more traffic....we were only about 20 minutes away at this point and very irritated. We just wanted to be there already!

FINALLY!!!!

Almost on Disney property now...I can see Characters in Flight!

The hoopla that arose in our vehicle when this sight was in view....priceless!

Turn left Dan!

Anyone else get all giddy the first day of a Disney vacation? Its the best feeling knowing that your vacation has JUST begun and you have so much fun in store!

We made it!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
Jennifer48

We got to POR at 3:30pm. Only good thing about arriving that late, our room has to be ready!

We parked in the check-in lot in front of the building and I checked us in as DH and Tyler hung around the lobby.

The online check-in line was so long and there was no one in the other line! I used that and walked right up to the counter. You can see this below. I’m in the red shirt in the background and to the right is the online check-in line

View out the lobby to the back at the marina

Its a very beautiful resort

Tyler sat and watched cartoons

See the Mickey’s?! This shot is for you Donna!

We got our requested section! We’d be staying in Magnolia Bend, Parterre Place.

Our plain bathroom

Beds

First round of business, turn on Stacey. Flat Stanley wanted to watch with Tyler!

Now its after 4pm, Dan has not slept yet and I’ve had maybe 1-2 hrs of sleep. Tyler of course slept so he’s full of energy. What better way to wear him out? POOL!

We stayed there for about an hour and then it got chilly so we took him out, got him dressed, and decided to walk over to the food court to check things out.

The Sassagoula River

The mansions were gorgeous

Here’s where you can catch the carriage ride that takes you around Port Orleans. This was Jake, he was handsome.

We were a bit hungry so Tyler and I got chicken nuggets and Dan just got a strawberry shake

After the food coma set in, we knew it was bedtime. We headed back to the room, put Resort TV on and fell asleep with Disney Dreams!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #26
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Yippee! You made it! I am impressed that you were able to stay away for several hours after the sight of a nice comfy bed - I don't know that I would have been able to do the same!

POR looks beautiful! I have always wanted to check it out. (Though, I want to check all the resorts out at some point! )
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
Hixski51
Earning My Ears

Love the reference to STL!! You are such a good friend!!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #28
PrincessMira
Mouseketeer

P&F = great tv

Another Phineas & Ferb fan. I love it!

We road trip to DL from AZ, which is about 5.5 hrs...so your trips seems crazy long. But sometimes the draw of Disney is just too strong - totally get that.

Can't wait to read more about your trip.

DH me DS12
Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to read more.

We're driving from NJ the first time since I was a kid. I'm afraid...

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #30
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

As gross as South of the Border is (never been, but I've seen pics and read stories), I do enjoy seeing the signs! It gives us something to look forward to as you saw in the last TR when we drove down. Plus, it's kind of like a big landmark to reach so that you know you're getting closer to WDW!!!

HAHA, I had to laugh at the Daytona 500 thing because of the guy on my train!!! DAYTONA!!! YEAH!!!

Oh wow, that one pic from the lobby looking at the marina really makes it look like you're in the middle of like ... not Orlando!!! I LOVE IT! Oh man, I may want to stay at POR in the future! Wait, is this the creepy resort with the faces hanging from the ceiling in the food court?

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: