Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

A Very Last Minute Trip

Just wanted to give a tiny trip report of our tiny trip we took to WDW in January.

The Decision to Go
My wife and I had been going back and forth about which DVC resort to choose for about a week as we consider making our first purchase. I was thinking BWV for the location, she did not think she would like the decor in any of them based on the pictures. So, after asking some questions on message boards, we decided that those who said you have to experience it to know were correct, and we decided to head down for the weekend.

We booked our trip Friday and left Saturday. If you knew my wife and how she is already stressed about getting everything done for our trip in May, you would know how crazy that sounds. I had a pin code good for 2 of the 3 nights we wanted to stay and used that to book BWV. We booked the first night at Port Orleans Riverside because we had not stayed at a moderate in over 10 years (we stay at values with the kids) and wanted to compare it with the DVC locations to make sure this is something we really want, or maybe we can just book moderates during discounts.

Flights and rooms were booked, so as much as she wanted to, my wife could not back out now.

Day 1 - Getting There

Day 2 - Checking out the Resorts

Day 3 - Work Troubles and Trying to See OKW Again

Day 4 - Is That A Cat Over There?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: