Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Swmr359
Princess in training

39 hours on Disney property- A solo adventure

So this is a trip report of my 39 hours in Disney, 9.5 of which were spent asleep. That doesn’t sound too bad until you see how it all laid out!

I’m Maggie: 26, Virginia Tech grad and big Disney princess fan.

My first Disney trip was in 2008 after my college graduation, I had so much fun I went again in March 2010 to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I was lucky enough to be invited on my cousin’s first trip in October 2010. So this is my fourth trip, a quick trip for the Disney Princess Half Marathon!

A picture from my first trip:

by the way...my photos come from facebook, so I don't know how to make them smaller, enjoy the large photos!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Swmr359
Princess in training

(no pictures for this update, don't worry I'll make up for it later )
Travel Day:

My brilliant idea for today was to work 8-4, then head to the airport. So after working all day Friday I headed home to finish packing then drove to my mom’s house so she could drive me to the airport. I got home late, so I had just enough time to zip up the suitcase and run down the stairs (over a horde of children playing in the hallway)

My flight was supposed to leave at 8:45pm, but didn’t leave until 10pm. I ended up falling asleep at the gate while watching UP. I woke up to an annoying family invading my space. They had been in the row behind me but for some reason decided to sit around me, there was lots of room and I wasn’t in a great location for getting to the gate easily, I have no idea why they choose to sit practically on top of me.
Finally we boarded the plane and who do I find in my seat but one of the annoying children! Ugh I felt horrible asking the mom to get up and move but I did request that seat for a reason. She started making comments under her breath so I pulled up my hood put in my earphone and fell asleep. (for the record, I love kids. I coach a swim team! But kids invading my personal space, and not being corrected by their parents…yeah not so much)

When I woke up we were in Florida! We touched down at 12:28pm; my poor mom received a text message at that time. Next I headed to baggage claim, luckily my bags arrived quickly and I was soon off to the DME line. Only to discover it was on the other side! So I asked an airport employee how to get there, and off I went. I finally got in line, on a bus, and checked in to All Star Movies at 2:30am. I remember seeing the scoreboard by the Mighty Ducks pool and thinking I should take a photo of the time but I was way too tired.

I set my alarm for 7am, and fell into bed. My plans for Saturday were to hit all 4 parks, plus the race expo!
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! 4 parks in one day... I can't wait to hear about it!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:51 AM   #4
Swmr359
Princess in training

Thanks!

I'm going to try and have my first park up by tonight.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about it!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear it! I guess I should finish my report too. LOL
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #7
Swmr359
Princess in training

Day One:

I woke up around 7am rearing and ready to go. But I also knew that I should try and hold back a little, had to save some energy for the ½ the next day!!
I headed to the food court to grab a cup of tea and then went outside to wait for the bus to Animal Kingdom! I arrived about 8:30 for the 9am opening, so I wandered around a bit talking pictures (and finishing my tea) before hopping in line on the left side.

Then I got to see the rope drop ceremony! Sorta….I guess the show is directed more towards the larger crowd on the right. But I was able to get some good photos of the group driving past and the end.

Then we were allowed to peacefully walk back to the safari ride….um scratch that. We race walked back to the safari ride. I kept seeing things I wanted to take pictures of but I was afraid someone would run me over if I stopped! Oh well. I was able to get on the safari ride very quickly and I got the same driver I had one year ago!

Two weeks later I arrived back in Africa. I don’t do roller coasters and all the shows in AK start at 10:30. So I decided to just walk around and enjoy the theming in the park before heading out to the race expo. I did think about Kali River Rapids; but it was still a bit chilly and I didn't want to get soaked so early!

I left AK at 10am (I can’t believe I only spent an hour there!) and caught a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

After taking some pictures I got on the bus for the race expo. I didn’t take any pictures here, it was crowded beyond belief.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Great pics. Looking forward tot he rest.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 03-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Swmr359
Princess in training

Thanks for reading everyone! I'm working on Day one - Park two right now; hopefully I'll have it up tomorrow after work!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Great pics! The baby elephant is so cute!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
Swmr359
Princess in training

After leaving the expo I caught a bus to EPCOT by catching a bus to Port Orleans. I arrived at EPCOT at 12:30.

I headed to the Land first to ride Living with the Land and see what the wait for Soarin’ was like. The wait for Soarin’ was longer than I wanted to wait, and the fast pass return was after I had decided I need to leave EPCOT so I decided to skip it (!) and wait until I get to Disneyland in September.

After leaving the Land I headed into Word ; I took some pictures and also picked up a fastpass for Kim Possible (although I’m not sure if I needed it) Then I decided it was time for lunch; so I went to Mexico.

Once in Mexico I decided on Nachos and a Coke, and was surprised by the huge portion! I could have shared both, as it was I had to throw half of the nachos out; but man were they good!

(inside La Cantina De San Angel)

After lunch I headed to the international gateway to pick up my Kimmunicater. I stopped in Canada to buy my mom a Tinkerbell luggage tag on the way

My mission was in France, so I walked around saving the world and taking pictures. I also ran into a friend, who was also in Disney to run the half marathon! We arranged to meet the next morning and head to the race together.

After saving the world I wandered around World Showcase some more taking pictures; before heading out to catch a bus to my next park at 4pm.

I discovered that there is a drawbridge!

On my way out I saw the fairy topiaries but the path was blocked by shurbbery so I stuck my camera between the bushes and took this:

Last edited by Swmr359; 03-08-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
heathsf
DIS Veteran

I took almost the same exact picture in the land of the hidden mickey in the plants. I missed the one that spelled out Epcot though!

And I also just discovered the draw bridge! But how come the gate wasn't closed?? When I saw it lift, two cast members closed the gate so no one would fall over the edge and I don't see a gate in your picture!

Too bad you had to miss Soarin'. When is your Disneyland trip?

Great pictures. Did you feel rushed while you were going through the parks?

I really love the picture you took I think from nearby The Land (with The Seas in the background and the pink trees and palm trees). It's just gorgeous.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
Swmr359
Princess in training

I almost missed the EPCOT. I wish I had been able to get the whole thing, but I didn't realize what it said until we were right up on it.

I got up to the gate as they were closing it, so I was leaning on it while taking pictures. It was pretty cool, I forgot to add that the reason it was up was because they were taking the firework boats through. Some of the drivers were waving too us, a few ran it to the walls. It was actually pretty fun! I did feel bad for the people on the other side, all they got to see was the bridge.

You know, I never felt rushed. I think because I was by myself and I don't really like to do "thrill" rides. I really do like to walk around and take pictures (if only I had a better camera!).

My Disneyland trip is in September for the 1/2 marathon. I'm really looking forward to it! I was able to ride Soarin 3 times in a row on my Oct. trip, so I didn't feel too deprived!

I will be working on Day one-park three tonight and hopefully will have it up tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
Swmr359
Princess in training

As faithful readers will no doubt recall we were last at EPCOT. At 4pm I took my last picture and headed to the bus stop. Next park: Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s

I hopped on a bus to DHS. Arriving at 4:36pm, my goals were simple: see Beauty and the Beast, see Muppets, and do the backlot tour.

I grabbed a times guide, I took one at all the parks but this is the only one I acutally used lol. After seeing that the Back lot tour was closing at 5:30 I decided to go there first.

Poor guy…the show was very cool, I like the end where they put the movie together and I’m glad I didn’t pick the first row!

Blurry shot of miniature costumes…

Walt’s plane

I liked this part of the tour also. The kid next to me didn’t, he freaked out and kept saying “you said it wasn’t real!” “This is real!!!” poor guy

I really enjoyed the tour; I wish we had slowed down in the costuming dept. though. I really would have loved to see that stuff better! After doing the tour I want to see Light’s Motors Action! I was never really that interested, but now I think it sounds like it could be cool.

After my tour, I decided to see the last show of Beauty and the Beast. So I hiked to the opposite side of the park. I expected that so close to show time that the seats would be packed, but it was fine. I found a good seat, 4 rows back on the right side.

I love how his arm is around her

The show was awesome! I am a huge Ariel fan and really loved the Voyage of the Little Mermaid; but man…Beauty and the Beast was 10x better. I can’t wait to bring my mom back so she can see it!

At this point it probably would have been a good idea to leave, I was tired and my knee was starting to hurt. But for some reason I needed to see Muppets, so off I went.

Do I look tired? Lol
oh that shirt by the way got me tons of attention from Cast Members! It is a Little Mermaid shirt that has the Broadway design on it. I didn’t go to the Broadway show; I got it at Delia’s. But pretty much every CM who saw me said they loved my shirt or that they loved the Little Mermaid also! One Security guard at bag check even asked if I was running as Ariel on Sunday!

Next up the last park of the day, Magic Kingdom!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmr359 View Post
I got up to the gate as they were closing it, so I was leaning on it while taking pictures. It was pretty cool, I forgot to add that the reason it was up was because they were taking the firework boats through. Some of the drivers were waving too us, a few ran it to the walls. It was actually pretty fun! I did feel bad for the people on the other side, all they got to see was the bridge.
I was one of the people on the other side!

We really couldn't see much, although we did see the boats once they passed under the bridge and came out on the other side.

I've never seen Beauty and the Beast but I want to! I doubt I'll be able to get my BF to watch it on our next trip either.... oh well! I'll just have to go back again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: