Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #556
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

How awesome to come home from my cruise and re-live the Eastern Caribbean on your TR! But we did different things....the day with Thomas was the BEST!! And we are NOT fans of ST Martin- I think I would do it differently there next time- my favorite part was sitting at the Guavaberry Stand at the port and getting YOUR guavaberry booze while drinking a DELICIOUS GB Colada......

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #557
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
OK, I must confess....I have been lurking on your report since the beginning and have enjoyed it! Sometime, I even laugh outloud!

I love Disney and cruising, but have never cruised with Disney! Reading your report makes me want to try DCL!
And here I am wondering, do I love Disney cruising or do I just love cruising.... and Disney? Who cares as long as I can do both!!!!

And thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
OMG, I can't believe that you ate all of that food! My DH would give it his all, but I would be so sick eating that food.

I guess that means that the food was wonderful!

When we were in St.Thomas, we went to St.John. The beach there was beautiful & not so crowded. St. Thomas seemed ot be mostly shopping & has the highest crime rate.
I thought StT seemed not so safe, too. I don't know what it was but I just got that feeling. I would have loved to hire Ellen's captain Thomas, but we didn't know other families on our cruise at that time... if I did it again I would for SURE find someone to split that cruise!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Glad you made it back to the ship! Those would have been some really expensive earrings.

How fun for Ally to collect all the freebies!

So funny how different people view things. We didn't like St Maarten - felt like it was unfriendly and commercialized. Then we really enjoyed ST. Thomas - we felt relatively safe there because it is a US held territory. No idea about the crime rate! I love the videos!

Your Palo dinner looks delicious! How funny you went to Lumieres for a round of snails! Of course the Chocolate souffle was delicious, but I LOVED the Grand Marnier - good call on getting that one too!

I love the "half-way" sail away party you had! I didn't know they did that - way cool! Of course I see that hussy Minnie was really working on your guy! "Oh Mickey your so fine...."

Edit: You got a "drive of shame"
No, WE didn't get a drive of shame, but someone did!!!! So funny how people perceive things.... I LOVED St Maarten! But I would never got back to St Thomas, and if I were there again on a cruise, I would do a St John excursion......

"Half way" sail away! Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
I don't don't know where you put all that food,you look such a petite little lady. very impressed with your food storage capability.

How was the chocolate souffle?

I'm soooooo looking forward to trying that one.
Amazing how I have you fooled with my "magic" camera! I am down 14 lbs since the cruise, and if I can, I will pack it ALL back on during our Palo dinner in March!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Awesome update Kara! The food looks to die for, especially chocolate souffle!

Glad you didn't miss the boat! That's kind of why i want to do DCL excursions - I know they won't leave without us!
But then you miss out on all the excitement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Love Palo! One cruise we even went twice. (And I fully admit to doing the double dip dining also!)
In March we are doing Palo for brunch AND dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I've been away from your report for a while! Just noticed it was still going on . Enjoyed paging through the updates and reliving the cruise.

We're booked on another Eastern on the Fantasy next year...Magen's Bay will not be one of the stops. We took the Disney excursion over there and our experience wasn't any different from yours.

Also interested to learn about the free beach in Phillisburg. We also took the Disney excursion to Orient Bay and it was great...but $$$free$$$ is a big word in our family.
Hey!!!! So looking forward to hearing about the FAntasy from you!!! Since I know that you experienced the Magic when we did! We are going to be in port with the Fantasy on her maiden cruise in Cozumel AND Grand Cayman next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post
Add me to the list of reliving this cruise....I can hardly listen to one of the cruise CD's that were given as FE gifts without sniff-sniffing a little bit..Heck I have to skip over "Wonderful Cruise" if I am headed to work or they'll think I'm hungover or something....

Of course, reading everyone's TR's has got me trying to find a way to cruise before Christmas 2012 but I wouldn't feel right without hubby! However, a trip to DW maybe...LOL!

Oh man, I TOTALLY forgot about my TRIP REPORT!! Aghhh!! Maybe I can work on it this weekend. No way I will remember what I ate though..LOL!

Just wanted to add too- I will also never forget how my daughter acted the first time she saw the Princesses in DW..."They're so BEAUTIFUL!" Sob...sniff...sob. I got only one trip in where she wanted to do the whole BBB and then the next? "Yeah, Mom..I'm way past that stage in life."

Looking forward to more! :thumbsup
I miss it so much!!!! That's why my nerdy family and I sit and watch youtube videos of Disney cruises!!!

"way past that stage in life?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm loving all the updates. Teh food looks awesome. I would love to sail the Magic some day. I see they are doing 5 nighters next Spring and for much Cheaper than the Dream, so maybe I can get DH aboard!
I love the Magic. She may not be the newest, the fanciest, or the biggest, but she is truly MAGICal! Yeah, that was bad, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
How awesome to come home from my cruise and re-live the Eastern Caribbean on your TR! But we did different things....the day with Thomas was the BEST!! And we are NOT fans of ST Martin- I think I would do it differently there next time- my favorite part was sitting at the Guavaberry Stand at the port and getting YOUR guavaberry booze while drinking a DELICIOUS GB Colada......

Well, there is something sweet about enjoying a guavaberry colada while waiting to get the heck out of there, if you didn't like it.

I hate that you didn't like St Maarten! I just thought it was beautiful, and I loved the people. To me, it reminded me of the "no problem, mon" mentality of Jamaica. Maybe it was just that Pods couldn't read a "map?"

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #558
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I miss it so much!!!! That's why my nerdy family and I sit and watch youtube videos of Disney cruises!!!
I do too! LOL!

Man, we made that guavaberry colada last as long as possible after we got home, but alas it's all gone now.
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #559
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Love that shop!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #560
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Also interested to learn about the free beach in Phillisburg. We also took the Disney excursion to Orient Bay and it was great...but $$$free$$$ is a big word in our family.
How did you like Orient Bay? We are looking at that for our other excursion. I like the fact lunch is included. How European is it? He's at the giggly age right now when discussing anatomy and such.

We are kind of set into the other one for snorkeling. DS turns 7 the last day of the cruise, and so many of the snorkeling trips are 7 and up. The one we found takes 6 year olds.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #561
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't even begin to remember what to comment on. Just loved all your last few updates. The crazy cab ride back to the boat had me laughing my you know what off (well - I wish!)

Glad that Ally made out in all the jewelry stores!

Dinner at Palo looks unbelievably amazing. If I ever cruise I am so having dinner there. Your second dinner sounds almost as good.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #562
karajeboo

Let me just quickly post that we recreated some of our Palo dinner tonight.... Sea bass and chocolate souffle - both recipes we asked for and Francois dropped by our cabin. Tasted just as good but the view was not the same - and there was some little person begging for more.......
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #563
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Let me just quickly post that we recreated some of our Palo dinner tonight.... Sea bass and chocolate souffle - both recipes we asked for and Francois dropped by our cabin. Tasted just as good but the view was not the same - and there was some little person begging for more.......
My mouth is watering now. We had left over BBQ pork steak, which i just couldn't stomach - and seasoned fries. So I'm just enjoying my glass of wine and skipping dinner!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #564
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Great Updates!

The cab ride pics and story was quite amusing and scary all at the same time. I remember being in Jamaica several years ago and being terrified from a trip in a multi passenger van. I think I saw my life pass before me, thankful I survived and lived to tell about it.

Palo looks and sounds delicious. Being the chocolate lover that I am, which sauce for the souffle' do you recommend ...chocolate or vanilla?

I am also adding a must try of the Guava berry Colada to my list. Do you recall how much they cost? Also, do you pay for everything on the islands with cash?

Can't believe you trip is half over.... Thanks for sharing!

TTFN
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #565
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
My mouth is watering now. We had left over BBQ pork steak, which i just couldn't stomach - and seasoned fries. So I'm just enjoying my glass of wine and skipping dinner!
It turned out sooooo good! I can't believe I made my first souffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
Great Updates!

The cab ride pics and story was quite amusing and scary all at the same time. I remember being in Jamaica several years ago and being terrified from a trip in a multi passenger van. I think I saw my life pass before me, thankful I survived and lived to tell about it.

Palo looks and sounds delicious. Being the chocolate lover that I am, which sauce for the souffle' do you recommend ...chocolate or vanilla?

I am also adding a must try of the Guava berry Colada to my list. Do you recall how much they cost? Also, do you pay for everything on the islands with cash?

Can't believe you trip is half over.... Thanks for sharing!

TTFN
Darlene
I liked the vanilla sauce - Jeff liked the chocolate...... I thought the chocolate was too rich.....

Most places in the islands take plastic, but we kept cash with us for the little out of the way places. And on St Maarten, I bought a wrap for my swimsuit, so I used cash for that since it was a little lady walking around selling it....... but the shops almost all take plastic, ESPECIALLY when they are right by the port.

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #566
karajeboo

Here are pics from our BTS dinner last night.....

Ally zesting....

Cheese fondue for an appy....

Branzino in Cartoccio.... sea bass from Palo!

And chocolate souffle created by yours truly.... my first attempt EVER!

Last edited by karajeboo; 08-15-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #567
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

The dinner looks awesome. Can you come up here and make it for me??? BTW - I love your kitchen!

So did Ally get off to school ok this morning? Are you doing ok - kid free? Matt and Shawn go back on Wednesday. Shawn is counting down the days till 2nd grade - Matt not so much for 5th.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #568
karajeboo

Yes, Ally got off just fine today - she is riding the buss 3 days/week this year - it's just such a pain for me to drive 20 minutes to school, wait in line for 20 minutes, then drive home - it's a full hour round trip. So we made a deal - there are two other kids on our street (one boy is in her class!) so I told her she really needs to get over this fear of the bus and give it a shot.

So.....

But here's my 5th grader!!! This was our last first day of school at the elementary!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #569
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Yes, Ally got off just fine today - she is riding the buss 3 days/week this year - it's just such a pain for me to drive 20 minutes to school, wait in line for 20 minutes, then drive home - it's a full hour round trip. So we made a deal - there are two other kids on our street (one boy is in her class!) so I told her she really needs to get over this fear of the bus and give it a shot.

So.....

But here's my 5th grader!!! This was our last first day of school at the elementary!

Ally is such a doll! I have tears in my eyes remembering my kids being that young (and me being young too!). I hope all goes well with the bus.
For some reason, the pictures of your meal at home aren't there....is it me or you?
I know, I know....it's got to be ME doing something wrong!!!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #570
karajeboo

Where did my pics go???? They were there this morning! Joan, what did you do to them!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: