Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #496
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I meant in MAY!! Are we dressing up?
I think 4 middle aged women (well, THREE middle aged women and me..... ) oogling Capt Jack would be, well..... pathetic. How about some matching tshirts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
And it's time for....RANDOM THOUGHTS by Jen!

Oh oh......

You got some gorgeous pictures of the sunrise over St. Maarten, however I was particularly enthralled with the up close & personal with the cow butt. Sunrise pics on a cruise- dime a dozen. I have never before seem bovine booty in such detail in a DCL TR before.

Beef.... it's what's for dinner in St Maarten.....

Thanks a lot for embarassing me in front of my coworkers. I knew I should have known better than to attempt to read this at work.
(I hope my newly acquired degrees in Geography and Sociology from KJU are enough to get me a new job to make up for it.)

No doubt!!!!

Orient beach is beautiful, I was just getting ready to ask if you guys were there by yourselves or something until I scrolled down and saw the "busy"
part of the beach.

Sadly I do not see Waldo. And how did you know I always look twice and look closely at the Orient Beach pics in all the TR's?

Still not sure if I should at some point let y'all know where he is or not......

Thanks for the advice ont he Bluefemaledog Bar....I would love to stop there after our excursion in September because I was a bad tourist and DID NOT imbibe anything guavaberry when I was there last year. Blasphemy.

Amateur!!!!

Between me and El we will have the low down (or is it the down low? Don't ask me I'm not the one with the stripper pole stateroom) on RCCL. Both of us are down to weeks. Just 7 weeks for me! And think of all that TR goodness you'll have to keep up on.

I think our next cruise is the FOTS so we sit and watch hours of youtube vids at home. Yup, that's what the McSparklesons do for fun.....

ooh...the beach by the Bluefemaledog Bar...that isn't oil there in those waters. It's poopy. The raw sewage is dumped in a retention pond that drains in Great Bay (which is that beach there where you were.) In fact you never know, Ally's mini me might be floating around there right now like a Baby Ruth. I'm sorry you didn't know that about the water there! Here is a link about it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archi...t-1133887.html

Ya know, I just can't imagine cruise lines not giving our some sort of info and there were so many people there..... The beach was very clean, and if that was really happening, the water would have messed up the beach. I know that anytime you are on a beach near the port, you will have some pollution just from "accidents" with the ships.....

The sound of Music post lost me a bit because I've never seen it. I know..I know. I've only seen that cheesy part with Swissly dressed folk cavorting on a hilltop. And that was enough.

Where are you from???? You need to keep your anti-American sentiment to yourself!!!! That is just plain blasphemous!!!! Next you'll say you don't know who Dorothy and Toto are, or that Frankly my Dear, I don't give a ..... hoot is not in your vocab. Where are you from anyway????? Didn't your parents ever hug you?

I seriously love Jeff's pirate pants. How in the world did you manage so many awesome charcter photo ops on Pirate Night? The lines are awful. In how many Disney Cruises...4? I have STILL not gotten a chance to get a pic with Captain Jack. Lines=ridiculous. And Ron is over the piarate thing now so any dreams of a nicely themed highwater pants family pic in the future is out of the question.

Well, I looked up and saw two people waiting in front of a pirate screen and being the smarty pants that I am, I figured it out.... I went up with Ally and the CM told me that CJ would be out in about 5 minutes. So no line there.....

Then the only line we waited more than about 15 minutes for was Mickey and Minnie in their formal attire...... You know, the one where Minnie was playing grab*** with Jeff!

And who knew Minnie was such a hussy? Now Captain Jack? She sure had me fooled with her big bows and polka dots and such. And where is TMZ? This is a goldmine we are sitting on! We could make millions if we expose that harlot! Just sayin'.

OK I am officially caught up! thanks for holding back and not getting too far ahead of me!
Hey hey hey!!!!! Let's just leave Capt Jack alone..... if he wants to have a little fun, who's to stop him.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Eek! Thanks for the heads up. We will be there in August 2012, so I will be sure to avoid.

Although, from what I have been reading about what people say about the Mickey pool (my kids prime hang out so far), I wonder if I would be saving them from anything!
Yup, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Well, shiver me timbers! Those McSparklesons make mighty handsome pirate folk!

I was a little afraid for you going down that maze to use the restroom I'm glad everything came out alright.

Your time with CJ was Poor Ally I once tried to get Donald at DHS to remember an intimate moment we had on a cruise, and he acted very confused - some of these characters have really short memories.
The worst part was when we saw CJ as we got off on CC and Ally looked at me, grabbed my arm and said, "Mama..... NO!" I thought Jeff was gonna fall over laughing!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The funny thing coud be that the pee fee lady could have been just hangin' collecting money from unsuspecting tourists. The pee was probably free.

Yoou guys were really stylin' as pyrates!
Oh, mother of Wicket you are right!!!! She was a St Maarten entrepreneur!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
So does that mean you are the gatekeeper?

Sorry, DS has had us playing Ghostbusters on the Wii recently, and I couldn't resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey this has been fun! I am all caught up now --- had some Disney vacay of my own to attend to!!! Just got back from a 5 night on the dream, Vero Beach, and a couple nights at WDW! LOVED all your fun on the Magic, it is the cruise we are taking in November (Thanksgiving) and I can't wait! I was back about 10 pages and so I have been sitting here this morning with my coffee, eyeing your $3.50 mimosas (JUST sayin'! and having some good laughs at the fun on this PTR! REALLY liked hearing about St. Marteen.... We went snorkling in St. Johns when we took this cruise back like 10 years ago, SANS kids... NOW, though, I am trying to decided what to do on that day WITH kids, two squirrely boys, 6 and 9.... you seemed to really enjoy the beach you went to with your daughter... do you think it would be okay with younger kids? Not sure if it will be okay at that time of year? Pirate night was a HOOT!!! We had a great Captain Jack, too.... the CM on the Dream, is well, DREAMY... You ladies will have fun if it is the same fellow when you go in May! I think you will very much like the Dream, BTW... it is big, but so many neat things... INCLUDING an amazing adult area! You will have a blast! OFF to read your DISMom TR... I want one of those "groupie" buttons!!
I fear for Capt Jack on our Dream cruise next year...... I mean, if you could have seen the way Joan, Ellen, Lonnie and I (you know, 3 middle aged women and me.... ) attacked poor Ship, an unsuspecting waiter from Boardwalk Brewery....... well, let's just say, we are a pathetic bunch.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #497
karajeboo

Well I just spent the last hour and a half on an update and stupid AT&T decided to flicker on me (like they do at least a dozen times a day!) and I lost it all! I usually copy and save a few times but for some stupid reason I didn't this time....

Be glad this is a family forum...... If I posted what I really felt right now my post would look like this....

"**** *** ******** *** **** ***** ** *** ******"

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #498
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Well I just spent the last hour and a half on an update and stupid AT&T decided to flicker on me (like they do at least a dozen times a day!) and I lost it all! I usually copy and save a few times but for some stupid reason I didn't this time....

Be glad this is a family forum...... If I posted what I really felt right now my post would look like this....

Oh man, I am sorry. What a pain!!! Take a deep breath, walk to the kitchen, make one of those awesome fufu drinks you had in St. Mars, drink it slowly and then if you have time, start again. We will wait.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #499
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Hmmm, what IS that third word

Sorry you lost your post - very, very frustrating - FOR ME! I am so unsympathetic I know but we're on a schedule here - only 83 days to get it finished

You know I truly am sorry right
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #500
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Hmmm, what IS that third word

Sorry you lost your post - very, very frustrating - FOR ME! I am so unsympathetic I know but we're on a schedule here - only 83 days to get it finished

You know I truly am sorry right
What Joh said

I really want to see ALL your report before we go.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #501
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh that stinks! I had to say it after looking at Jen's link.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #502
Beth D
DIS Veteran

What rotten luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #503
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

As ole and Sven would say---gosh darn it!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #504
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Since we share birthdays, I wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday! I will be celebrating with friends & a great steak dinner! Hope that your day will be as great as mine!!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #505
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love your beach videos! Absolutely gorgeous! The whole public bathroom ordeal had me laughing - and scared for your lives!

Great costumes for pirate night! You all looked fantastic! I haven't quite figured out what we will do for ours in June yet...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #506
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since we share birthdays, I wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday! I will be celebrating with friends & a great steak dinner! Hope that your day will be as great as mine!!
Happy Birthday both of you!

You just reminded me that now I need to find something for DH's birthday next week. Oh well, more shopping!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #507
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Kara and Wicket's Mom!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #509
karajeboo

Quote:
Happy Belated Birthday to you, oh Mother of Wicket! Sorry I did not get on here to wish you proper birthday greetings on Saturday.....

And thank you to all for the birthday wishes! I got a new elliptical so I will be one hot mama by the time our next cruise rolls around!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #510
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got a new elliptical so I will be one hot mama by the time our next cruise rolls around!

Hmmm, is that a trip with DH or with the DISmoms?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: