Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #466
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRowSeat View Post
LOL! Love the eyeroll! Clearly Ally is impressed with your obsession.
Welcome to my life, Steve. I am eyerolled every day now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Awesome post! Those pics of the beach have me dreaming! Only 7 months until we're there! We're debating excursions right now. I'm leaning toward the Orient Beach party with lunch included. We're traveling with my parents and dear sweet papa is not so flexible.

If i tell him there's food included, it keeps the bear happy. But I do want to hit the shops to get that yummy guavaberry rum!

Love the Von Trapps! It makes you wonder if mom is running around behind them all the time with a lint roller and a swiffer duster to capture any mess?

We'd be the table too where DS is belching and DH is doing the belly scratch while examining his belly button lint!

Needless to say we don't get dressed up very often!

Glad you're back! Keep 'em coming!
When you get off in the port, go straight ahead and too the left. They were advertising a coconut smoothie, and that's where they had the guavaberry coladas.... mouth watering right now.

If you have a long stop in St Maarten, and I believe it is..... do the excursion to Orient Bay, it really is beautiful. But hopefully they will get you back in time for a little time to yourselves, and then wander over to Phillipsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
Spooky I'm sure I've seen those curtains recently.

Definantly made my mine up to visit the BBB, what say you Joh?
Mmmm hmmmm.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Hehehe!
I forgot to mention the scratching. I'm sure my family was scratching, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Oh silly mother of Wicket...... I'm not REALLY 29.... only in my head. Or I guess I could say I'm 29 for the nth time.........
Let's just say I saw The Beatles in concert when I was slip of a teen. So that puts me as having that birthdate first! I used to be able to claim 29 & be believable! That ship has done sailed! [/QUOTE]

OK, you win! I shall share my birthday with the mother of Wicket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
That is too funny! I thought about them maybe doing like a "flashmob" like in the videos where they just start dancing in the middle of a public place.
If they were flash mob dancing, it would definitely have been a waltz. Or maybe they would have broken out with, "So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye......" and twirled their way out of the Blue Female Dog Bar. Now THAT would have been worthy of a youtube video!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 AM   #467
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Welcome to my life, Steve. I am eyerolled every day now...... :
Do you also get the "snort" thing? It goes with the eye rolling . Good thing we love 'em!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #468
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Loving the report and pics and videos. You know everytime when I dropped DD off at pre-school, I always wondered how these other moms could look so perfect at 7:30am. I have resigned myself to the fact that my family will NEVER be the Von Trapp family (lolol) but we are oh so special in our own little ways, eye rolling and MOMMMMMM!!! attitude and all:-)

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Tinkerbellcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #469
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Do you also get the "snort" thing? It goes with the eye rolling . Good thing we love 'em!
Oh yeah!!!! And it IS a good thing we love 'em cause we don't always like 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellcrafter View Post
Loving the report and pics and videos. You know everytime when I dropped DD off at pre-school, I always wondered how these other moms could look so perfect at 7:30am. I have resigned myself to the fact that my family will NEVER be the Von Trapp family (lolol) but we are oh so special in our own little ways, eye rolling and MOMMMMMM!!! attitude and all:-)
They are fakes. No other explanation for it.

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #470
karajeboo

Aarrgghh! Pirates IN the Caribbean Party.....

Hey, I warned you that I had a lot more time on my hands now!

After gathering up our things, hosing the oil off our bodies, we began the trek back to the parking lot. And I really think that if Ally and I had walked back to the ship, we could have beat Jeff driving....... But since we had to return the Jeep......

But first, Ally had to make a pit stop. No. She could not wait. Unlike the Von Trapp kids who could oh so gracefully just squeeze their legs together until they came upon a respectable ladies room.

Not my child. She had to go. NOW!

So I see a sign that said "Public Restoom." Cha ching!!!! Right?

WRONG!!!!

First of all, there was a woman standing out front, holding a basket, asking for "donations." Well, the donation I WANTED to leave her may have been inappropriate. So we left $1. To pee.

In Phillispburg you can lay on the beach for free. But it will cost you $1 to pee.

When in all actuality she should have paid US to use these facilities!!!

When we walked into the "cave" the ceiling were no higher than 7 feet. Maybe lower.

And twisting and turning through a maze, a very dark and gloomy maze, depsite the white painted walls.

To see this ahead of us. A hole in the wall. With bars on the door......

I had no idea that we really WERE with Pirates IN the Caribbean!!!! And that is where they were going to toss us!!!! All because I made a little fun of a perfect family!!!! Oh, Von Trapps I'm so sorry!!! I take it all back.... well, maybe not ALL of it.....

Oh what would my family think!!! I don't wanna go to pirate jail!!!! And to think what they would do to a McSparkleson in the pokey!!!! NOOOOO!

I didn't even see a dog roaming around with the keys (cause dogs like me so I could've coaxed him over I'm sure!).

But alas, the "ladies" room was just before the slammer on the left. So in we ducked........

And surprisingly, it was fairly clean. Or at least squat worthy..... Cause you know there are some that aren't even that clean. You are afraid of what might jump up on you if you even come close, right????

Which reminds me, I need to clean my bathrooms today. But I digress.....

And of course, Ally decided to get her money's worth. Because I waited. And paced. And waited. And paced.

To this day I have no idea what that child did in there, and I don't really want to know. But I think she left a little McSparkleson behind in St Maarten......

Finally out of the brigg, not to look back......

We came out and Jeff was like, "Seriously? I was about to come in after you but I was afraid what THAT would have cost me to enter!"

We got back to drop off the Jeep and then walked around the port area for a little while. Pretty soon the bottom fell out of the sky, but luckily we were right near a guavaberry hut, so.......

Nope. Didn't even notice the rain. What rain?

We trotted down the pier to board the Magic, barely noticing the drizzle that was still falling, and off to get ready for Pirate Night. For which I came very ready.

Of course I did. I'm a McSparkleson! We wrote the boy scout manual!!!!

But first, up on deck for sail away. I. Love. Sail Away! No matter where we were, I loved watching the ship oh so slowly pull away from the dock and slowly move back out into the sea. It was a very calming feeling.

It's like when you are leaving a packed sports stadium and everyone is pushing and shoving, and then suddenly you get to your car get on the freeway and you feel like you have all the room in the world.

It's like that. Sort of. Only the other ships in port aren't really pushing and shoving (cause that would be a BAD thing!), and once you get out to sea you don't see any other ships (try that on a city freeway - with your car, not a ship, cause I would certainly hope there are no ships on a city freeway!). Wait. Now I'm confused.......

Oh yeah, sail away.

And for some reason, it looks like the sun just went down REALLY fast. And it may have. I know those guavaberry coladas went down fast. Maybe there is a connection?

After we waved goodbye to St Maarten, and it really was kind of sad, because who knows when we will be back, we headed back to our cabin to get ready for Pirate Night. Aarrgghh!

Now remember, we be pirates, so you MUST talk like a pirate now. K?

Ta da!!!!

Well shiver me timbers! Me thinks that son of a biscuit eater Jeff don't be likin his new pirate duds!

Tonight there was no show, just a movie, so we took our time getting ready. And you thought we just popped out of the shower looking all pirate like? No, that took some work!

And just when we thought we had it all together, Jeff decided to head back to the cabin to grab a drink.

Well, blow me down! Who is that standing up on thar balcony???

It's that ole scaliwag Captain Jack Sparrow......

C'mon Ally, let's goooooooo!

While waiting in line, I kept adjusting myself here and there. Ally was so afraid I would embarass her because she knows how much I LOVE me some Capt Jack!

And of course, being a Mcsparkleson...... I did not disappoint.

K: Captain Jack! Do you remember me? We shared a moment. Magic Kingdom? 2008? Pirate and Princess party? Remember?
CJ (slurring): Ah, yes..... vaguely.
K: It was a beautiful moment. Just you, and me. And the thousands of others you saw that night. But I'm sure you remember me, right?
CJ (slurring): Mmmm hmmmm. How bout a photo to commemorate that night.....
K: Well certainly! Can my daughter join us?
Ally (arms crossed, frown on face): Gee thanks.
CJ (slurring and eyeing my drink): Is that rum?
K: Well yes it is. Rum and diet coke!
CJ: Well, off with you now.....
K: I'll wait for you when the ship docks!!!!! Bye Captain Jack!
Ally: Mama, Let's GO!

I'm not sure, but there may have been applause from the rest in line. I know the CM with CJ really enjoyed it......

Ally, however, did NOT enjoy it. As soon as she saw Jeff, she ran up to him and proclaimed that I was no longer her mother. She had disowned me.

Then while standing in line for photos with Mickey (my other ), I kept waving up to Capt Jack, who was still doing meet and greet right near the railing upstairs.

I think he moved over so he could watch me. He was jealous. Of Jeff. And Mickey. I'm sure of it.

Jeff then pointed to me. Pushed me away, and mouthed, "you can have her."

See? There was no need for a show this night when the McSparklesons were on board. We entertained all.

Have I mentioned before how much I loved the characters? How intimate the meet and greets are (not intimate enough with CJ, if ya know what I mean!)? Here was Stitch, never one of my favorites, but I loved him on this cruise!

He played with Ally for the longest time!!!! She was cracking up!

And then of course, there was "HER." She keeps trying to move in, doesn't she.....

HA! I didn't see Captain Jack waving to HER!!!!

Up next..... good eats on Pirate Night!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #471
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

I love your pirate outfits! Did you make them yourself?

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #472
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:

But first, Ally had to make a pit stop. No. She could not wait. Unlike the Von Trapp kids who could oh so gracefully just squeeze their legs together until they came upon a respectable ladies room.

Not my child. She had to go. NOW!
My little girl (also an Ally by the way, though sometimes Al or the full on ALLISON!!! when she has really pushed me to the edge) once made us stop 20 minutes from home on the busiest parkway near us so that she could make me take her to the yuckiest Port-A-Potty ever! I held that child in my arms in a squat position two feet above the seat, it was that bad. I still think she would have been better off if I had let her pee her pants and then just deal with the mess at home.

Quote:

I'm not sure, but there may have been applause from the rest in line. I know the CM with CJ really enjoyed it......

I know I just did! Bravo to you!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #473
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I so agree . What is up with 10 year olds???

Loved your costumes.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #474
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I'm with Ally - when ya gotta go, ya gotta go I know all about unexpected pitstops (had one of my own on the way to our cruise back in 2009) - now that made for an amusing tale in the trippy, I can tell you

Love your pirate garb - particularly your sateen blouson. You all look spectaculaaarrrr

And I'm liking the looky of the guavaberry colada too
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #475
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I never understand families, or people in general who can stay clean. Dirt jumps on me and my kids. And those families look good IF they break a sweat. I look...disgusting.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #476
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report today and read the whole thing...who needed to clean the house? Not me...I'd rather read your hilarious Dream trip!!!! Loving every moment! Can't wait for more!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #477
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I love your pirate outfits! Did you make them yourself?
Funny story. When we lived in Florida, I had a 4 night Wonder cruise booked for Feb, 2010. I cancelled it right before I had to make final payment because we were concerned we "might" get transferred. Long story short. We did get transferred, but I made us all dress as pirates for Halloween in 2009 because then we could use the costumes for our cruise. So it may have taken us an extra 2 years, but we still got to use the costumes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
My little girl (also an Ally by the way, though sometimes Al or the full on ALLISON!!! when she has really pushed me to the edge) once made us stop 20 minutes from home on the busiest parkway near us so that she could make me take her to the yuckiest Port-A-Potty ever! I held that child in my arms in a squat position two feet above the seat, it was that bad. I still think she would have been better off if I had let her pee her pants and then just deal with the mess at home.

I know I just did! Bravo to you!
Ewwww! I think that is why women have such strong thigh muscles. It's not from squats in the gym (what's a gym? ) - it's from real life squats!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Oh I so agree . What is up with 10 year olds???

Loved your costumes.
I swear, Ally can go from the sweetest child ever to the devil in 30 seconds!!!! It just takes one look, or that tone. Oh, that tone!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm with Ally - when ya gotta go, ya gotta go I know all about unexpected pitstops (had one of my own on the way to our cruise back in 2009) - now that made for an amusing tale in the trippy, I can tell you

Love your pirate garb - particularly your sateen blouson. You all look spectaculaaarrrr

And I'm liking the looky of the guavaberry colada too
If you like the look of the colada, you should taste it!!!!! Sweet and Creamy deliciousness!!!!!!!

I think we all have stories of pit stops...... kind of goes with the whole walking up hill to AND from school.... in the snow..... in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I never understand families, or people in general who can stay clean. Dirt jumps on me and my kids. And those families look good IF they break a sweat. I look...disgusting.
They "glow" - we just sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Just found your trip report today and read the whole thing...who needed to clean the house? Not me...I'd rather read your hilarious Dream trip!!!! Loving every moment! Can't wait for more!!!!
What is this thing you call "clean house?" Never heard of it......

Old 07-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #478
Tinkerbellcrafter
DH & DD getting tagged by Dreammakers after me!!

Quote:

Nice meet with Capt. Jack

1983 Disneyland, 1985 - offsite, WL-9/1995(Honeymoon), CB-09/04, VWL-7/05, WL-9/05(10th Anniversary), POR-2/06, OKW-8/06, CB-12/06, BWV-5/07, OKW-7/07, POR-12/07, SSR- 4/08, OKW- 8/08, SSR- 12/08, VB/AKV- 2/09, THV- 6/09, BCV-10/09, SSR-12/09, AKV-3/10, Fort Wilderness/VB/Disney Wonder/WL 8/10 to 9/10-15th Anniversary, Adult only SSR-12/10, The Fort-3/11, FW/DDream/BWV-9/11, FtWilderness 12/11, Treehouse villas5/2012, WL, DisneyDream & AKV 9/2012, AKV/SSR 12/2013
Tinkerbellcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #479
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

I am so right there with you on Stitch! Have never been a big fan of his (other than when he TP'd the castle), but loved him on our cruise. Odd, isn't it?

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #480
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If they would have started singing I think I would have thrown myself over the balcony!!! They were too perfect already!!!

That can't be your birthday because it's MY birthday!!! My 29th this year..... again.....

Oh, I saw their vests change color, I was asking if your curtains changed colors!

Oh Tammie, there are so many things I thought I would be or not be. You know that child throwing the tantrum at the entrance of the grocery store? I swore "MY child will never do that...." and then I remember when Ally turned 3 she became "that child." But it seems that I turned into all the things I swore I never would, and yet I never became the person I swore I would.... hmmmm, how does that happen????

Nice wide beach, not crowded at all (but I think only 3 or 4 ships in port this day.....), free, and lots to do right there. Murkiness was definitely not good. But after the Von Trapps I couldn't stand a perfect beach anyway!!!!
It's funny how understanding we can be when it has happened to us!

I say we just start our own Nose Picker Society and let them sing off into the sunset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
That is too funny! I thought about them maybe doing like a "flashmob" like in the videos where they just start dancing in the middle of a public place.

Quote:
OK, you win! I shall share my birthday with the mother of Wicket!

If they were flash mob dancing, it would definitely have been a waltz. Or maybe they would have broken out with, "So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye......" and twirled their way out of the Blue Female Dog Bar. Now THAT would have been worthy of a youtube video!!!!!

Quote:

Yeah, that's it. Fakes. Maybe they escaped from Celebration, which I swear is the real Stepford Wives
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: