Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #31
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

no wonder you were freaking out...the passports just got there...aghhh. Sounds like you will be well dressed. I assume you each have a steamer trunk? You should see the load I am bringing with me on this trip. My car may bottom out. I know they have stores in GA but My girls want to bring EVERYTHING they own with them. See I can't bring them on a cruise they'd sink the ship with all of their stuff.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #32
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I think you have a great packing list - especially the SPARKLY shoes

You will probably want to change after dress-up dinners for trivia, dancing, etc. in the bars, but I'm sure you will have a under-used capri/shirt combo from the day you can slip into. If you want to eat lunch at Lumiere's or Parrot Cay, you will probably want to get dressed, although there were a few people who wore cover-ups in there. Just don't try what the Brazilian lady did, and show up in your Thong suit for lunch - they kick you out!

I hope you will come and sail on my TR, too - it will be fun to compare notes!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
no wonder you were freaking out...the passports just got there...aghhh. Sounds like you will be well dressed. I assume you each have a steamer trunk? You should see the load I am bringing with me on this trip. My car may bottom out. I know they have stores in GA but My girls want to bring EVERYTHING they own with them. See I can't bring them on a cruise they'd sink the ship with all of their stuff.

Now THAT is funny!!!! When will I see you next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I think you have a great packing list - especially the SPARKLY shoes

You will probably want to change after dress-up dinners for trivia, dancing, etc. in the bars, but I'm sure you will have a under-used capri/shirt combo from the day you can slip into. If you want to eat lunch at Lumiere's or Parrot Cay, you will probably want to get dressed, although there were a few people who wore cover-ups in there. Just don't try what the Brazilian lady did, and show up in your Thong suit for lunch - they kick you out!

I hope you will come and sail on my TR, too - it will be fun to compare notes!
Tammie, you ruin ALL my fun!!!! I had Jeff's suit all ready to go, too!!! Was this on a DCL cruise, or another line? Cause knowing Disney they will just smile and look the other way..... Cracks me up that people really believe they can get away with that!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #34
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Now THAT is funny!!!! When will I see you next week?

Tammie, you ruin ALL my fun!!!! I had Jeff's suit all ready to go, too!!! Was this on a DCL cruise, or another line? Cause knowing Disney they will just smile and look the other way..... Cracks me up that people really believe they can get away with that!!!!
Oh No - Disney is a family cruise! I think RCCL would have looked the other way! It was on the Magic in Lumiere's! She ruined my appetite at Serenity Bay, so it was nice to see her turned away from Lumieres!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #35
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

on the passport!!

I am seriously thinking that with all the and the (insert snoring smiley here that I could have sworn I'd seen before and can't find now) I'm pretty sure our husbands were separated at birth.

Man, I am seriously earning this vacation this week. More school drama now making me even MORE glad it is thisclose to the cruise!!!!!!

Oh and I went snap crazy on our local Ross's (Dress-for-Less)...just FYI in case you wind up going shopping again before the cruise. They have a crazy good deal going on for dresses and dressy shirts aka "shirts that might have been a dress maybe 300 cupcakes ago and so now I am turning into a dressy shirt over jeans" outfit....
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #36
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

After a LONG absence from the DIS, I am so excited to find a TR from my fave poster karajeboo! Your TR's always made me laugh. You may not remember, but I'm the one that sorta gave you a hard time when you had just moved to FL and were afraid of all of the creepy-crawlies we have. Sorry to hear you had to move!

I'm definitely on board for this TR! I wish I was going to be on board the ship, too. I can't wait to do a Disney cruise!
JaxJags08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #37
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags08 View Post
After a LONG absence from the DIS, I am so excited to find a TR from my fave poster karajeboo! Your TR's always made me laugh. You may not remember, but I'm the one that sorta gave you a hard time when you had just moved to FL and were afraid of all of the creepy-crawlies we have. Sorry to hear you had to move!

I'm definitely on board for this TR! I wish I was going to be on board the ship, too. I can't wait to do a Disney cruise!
I'm not Kara, but I remember you! As soon as I saw your screen name, I thought, "Oh, that's the bug lady!"
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not Kara, but I remember you! As soon as I saw your screen name, I thought, "Oh, that's the bug lady!"
I'm the bug lady?! I can't even really remember what I wrote back then! Is it because I really hated bugs? Which I still really, really do! Anywhos, it is good to be back on the boards after such a long hiatus. Did I miss anything interesting?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #39
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I don't really remember what you said for sure, I just remember that the topic was bugs snakes! Of course, I remember Kara had new "friends" in her porch every day and Bucky was always working hard to protect her!

What's new? Hmmm, Kara has the most news, so I'll let her update you! This will definitely be a fun trip with the McSparklesons!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #40
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvndizny View Post
on the passport!!

I am seriously thinking that with all the and the (insert snoring smiley here that I could have sworn I'd seen before and can't find now) I'm pretty sure our husbands were separated at birth.

Man, I am seriously earning this vacation this week. More school drama now making me even MORE glad it is thisclose to the cruise!!!!!!

Oh and I went snap crazy on our local Ross's (Dress-for-Less)...just FYI in case you wind up going shopping again before the cruise. They have a crazy good deal going on for dresses and dressy shirts aka "shirts that might have been a dress maybe 300 cupcakes ago and so now I am turning into a dressy shirt over jeans" outfit....
Brothers from other mothers!!!!!!

Quote:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just now when I was scanning the thread and saw your name I remembered you before I even read what you wrote!!! Oh, its terrible that we had to move! I miss Florida soooooo bad! And of course, you are right.... we had a terrible time adjusting, but now I "get it." I "get" why people who go to Florida never move back!!!! I miss it all, even the creepy crawlies.... well, some of them. I don't miss the HUGE water moccasin I had in my driveway one night..... And I don't miss banana spiders!!!!

You didn't miss much exciting though. It might smell better in Jacksonville though now that we're gone! Actually, I haven't been on the DIS nearly as much as I was when I lived there. I think it's because I know I'm not going to be making those quick trips to WDW and I'm so sad! But when I convinced Jeff to do a cruise, I've been on every day getting tips for the trip! And I do love to write a fun trip report so here I am!!! So glad you found me!
[/FONT]

Quote:

Quote:
This will definitely be a fun trip with the McSparklesons!!!
I sure hope so!!!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #41
karajeboo

It's really starting to come together. The clothes are now folded and going into the suitcase tonight. That would be MY clothes. Ally's were packed last week and Jeff is on his own. He will toss everything together the night before we leave and then the day we leave, he will call me 12 times from work to ask me to "grab this" and "grab that." And I will not so subtly remind him that THIS is why I pack weeks ahead of time!!! So I can gradually add things when I think of them.

Silly men.....

I took a camera class last week to finally learn to use the camera I got for my birthday last summer. I got a Nikon D5000 because I really wanted a GOOD camera, instead of the little point and shoot that served me so well through all our trips to WDW. I loved the pocket size, but decided I also wanted the good quality photo taker.......

But I can't remember a dang thing from my college photography class! And of course that was 25 years ago way back when, when they actually put this stuff called "film" into a camera. And you had to go to a store to get it "developed." Then you tied your bonnet real tight and hopped into the wagon and asked Trigger to take you home...... Or something like that.

Anyway, because my oh so observant husband bought me a zoom lens for Christmas - the same zoom lens I already had for my camera...... he told me to return it and get whatever I wanted. And I decided on one on one classes to really learn how to use this stupid thing.

So I took the class. And walked out of there feeling prettty good about my skeels........ I think I even heard someone call "hey Ansel" as I left the store.

Then today I went to take pics of my FE gifts and I have no clue what I am doing!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, Ansel Adams has left the building...... I was able to make one adjustment to the settings, so that $100/hour class was well worth it for me to be able to change the ISO!!!! OK, so let's not tell Jeff that I really don't know any more than I did when I walked into the class. I think I will play with the camera, and consult my notes, as Jeff is driving to Florida next week. Nothing like waiting til the last minute!!!

Oy vey!

Speaking of FE gifts, I am almost done!!!

Jeff walked into my office on Friday (I work from home) after a week in Vegas and looked at the pile of FE components and said, "What the he11 is that?" When I told him, he looked me dead in the eye and said, "YOU are carrying it on the ship."

Oh, my sweet, sensitive husband......

So now that we are inside TWO WEEKS, it's time to seriously kick it into high gear. And I'm still wondering if I can drop 20 lbs by the time we leave?

Last edited by karajeboo; 04-04-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #42
JaxJags08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"] I don't miss the HUGE water moccasin I had in my driveway one night.....
You had those there? I guess you would if there is any body of water around. We were actually looking at houses in what I think was your old 'hood. But we need to sell ours first and that appears to be not happening right now in this market. I'll have to pm you with some questions if you don't mind

I'm going to have to read up about FE's before we book a cruise. I have no idea what they are
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #43
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

heck yes you can carry all of that on the ship...my car made it here with all of my junk. Lord only knows if I will make it over the mtns on the way home. hee-hee. Glad that you got your stuff packed. that is always my nightmare.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #44
karajeboo

Quote:
You had those there? I guess you would if there is any body of water around. We were actually looking at houses in what I think was your old 'hood. But we need to sell ours first and that appears to be not happening right now in this market. I'll have to pm you with some questions if you don't mind

I'm going to have to read up about FE's before we book a cruise. I
have no idea what they are
Absolutely PM me! If it is my old hood I would recommend to anyone!!! We loved it there and are stopping to eat lunch at the clubhouse with all our old friends when we pass thru after the cruise. Great people, great amenities, and now really great prices!!! We all still miss it a lot.

In fact we are also going back in May to play in a golf tourney at our old club. Seems we need to cut the cord but instead we keep finding excuses to go back....

Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #45
karajeboo

And yes, we had water mocassins too! Rattlesnakes, mocassins, and just about any other snake you can think of! There was a 7 foot rattlesnake living on the #7 fairway. I was terrified every time I played that hole!!!!

And did I mention the lizards, skinks, frogs, spiders (they grow em BIG in Florida!!!!)????? Oh, yeah, that's another TR/blog on here.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: