Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #256
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With much love from,
Angelina xoxo

Thanx Ang......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
Ok so what happens next???
You will have to stay tuned. Same bat channel, same bat time. OK, so I have no idea what time.... but it will be same DIS channel I guess.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
You are all so funny, Karajeboo and all of her followers. I should be grading papers and what am I doing? Reading about someone's else cruise when I know full well I will never, ever go on a cruise because I have a major water phobia. (And yes, I know how to cure it but I ain't gonna, Ima just gonna stay out of and off of de water and enjoy my cruises vicariously).
Ah yes, me and my many minions. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My sis has a water phobia but I swear once you get past the initial of knowing you are out in the middle of the ocean, it's beautiful. Just imagine the first time Ariel rode in a car. She probably got road sick! Especially if she was driving in a cab in any of the Caribbean islands. Or with my mother in law.... but I digress......

Quote:
I am Brangelina- I and my 27 children follow no one!
I thought you were Podselina????

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #257
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

I thought you were Podselina????

Only 16 days....packing the Depends right now!!!!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #258
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post

Only 16 days....packing the Depends right now!!!!
OhBother I thought you were kidding. I'm in trouble now.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #259
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
OhBother I thought you were kidding. I'm in trouble now.
Definitely not kidding . Unless you have amazing bladder control, you best be prepared!!!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #260
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Oh man, I sooooooo can't wait!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #261
podsnel

Kara & Joan- we finally have a cruise meet thread for our May 6th Dream cruise!! Here's a link-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2698795
Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #262
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Okay...I am late to this party but I am loving it! I have sat here all morning and read the entire thing! Loving your writing style.

We are planning our first cruise for this upcoming Feb. I am so excited but have no idea what to expect. Your TR is wonderful and I am loving all the details. I must admit that I did cheat and only read your installments up until the last one. I wanted to ask... when did you request you dining rotation? Did you do that directly through DCL or your TA?

Thanks! and I'm Looking forward to more...
TTFN
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #263
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
Okay...I am late to this party but I am loving it! I have sat here all morning and read the entire thing! Loving your writing style.

We are planning our first cruise for this upcoming Feb. I am so excited but have no idea what to expect. Your TR is wonderful and I am loving all the details. I must admit that I did cheat and only read your installments up until the last one. I wanted to ask... when did you request you dining rotation? Did you do that directly through DCL or your TA?

Thanks! and I'm Looking forward to more...
TTFN
Darlene
I got the idea for the dining rotation from the DIS and requested it a couple of months before we left - I just emailed my TA (Dreams Unlimited) and they replied that they sent the request but there were no guarantees..... Of course, I KNEW I'd get what I want.... cause I'm a McSparkleson!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #264
karajeboo

Since I had such a hard time eating the first night, what with pirates, Titanic, etc...... I was ready to get my eatin on!!!!

But I must admit, I did have some concerns. This would be our first time in Lumiere's the most "formal" of the dining rooms. And after a couple DOTDs today, plus a glass of wine during the show, I was concerned about Mrs Potts. Or even Chip for that matter. I mean, seriously..... what would YOU do if you saw a giant tea pot during dinner??? And it talked to you in that Murder She Wrote voice that might make going down with the Titanic the best option of the night????? Next thing ya know, you hear the Law and Order theme song and Lennie Briscoe turns on that awful French accent and waddles over to light YOUR fire? Hmmmmm?

Yeah, it was all going on in my head. But I can tell you all. There are NO giant tea pots, psuedo French Lennie Briscoes, or walking grandfather clocks. None at all. So rest assured, your time in Lumiere's can be spent on the atmosphere and the food.....

We started off with a bottle of Pouilly Fousse Chardonnay......

For my appetizer I ordered the Double Baked Aged Reggiano Parmesan Cheese Souffle with Gorgonzola Bleu Cheese, Spinach and Marscapone Sauce with White Truffle Oil.

Oh my. Ally heard the word "cheese" and she was all over it. Jeff took one bite and HE was all over it. So we ordered another. And we were ALL over it, too!!!

Jeff ordered this....

But I cannot remember what it was!!!! He did enjoy it, in addition to our two cheese souffles!

Then we both ordered The Beast's Potato and Sausage Casserole Soup
a hearty recipe with a touch of paprika

Ally ordered her usual pizza with french fries, and her ketchup came out tonight with a bow tie.... after all, it IS formal night!!!!

I ordered Roasted Filet of Beef Wellington
covered with mushroom stuffing wrapped in puff pastry served with fingerling potatoes, baby vegetables, and a cabernet black truffle jus

I can honestly say, I was sopping it all up, just shy of licking the plate. Of course I didn't.... I mean, I might have dribbled it on my dress.....

Jeff ordered the Rack of New Zealand Lamb with a Dijon Mustard Crust
with gratin potato cakes, baby Mediterranean vegetables, and rosemary flavored jus

He said it was excellent.... "mate." I don't know where that came from, but American lamb chops don't bring that response.... just sayin....

I ordered the Sweet Temptations
Miniature tasting of Cinderella's Lemon Cheesecake, Chilled Chocolate Souffle and Tiramisu. I got this quite a few nights because it was a nice little sampling of three desserts. And three is always better than one, right?

Jeff got the Prince Charming Chilled Chocolate Souffle
Semi-frozen chocolate cream with almond brittle.

Ally couldn't even finish her smoothie,

but she sure as heck finished her dessert!!!!

And now for Willy's magic trick of the night. Move one crayon to make a square.....

Don't peek!!!

Are you ready for the answer?

OH, that Willy, such a trickster!!!!!

After dinner, we wandered. We went up on deck and watched the sea go by. We went out on deck 4 and watched the sea go by. We went back to our room and onto the balcony to watch the sea go by.

Yeah, the McSparklesons really know how to shake it up!!!

When we got back to the cabin, there was a message from Ally's new BFF, Tori on our whiteboard, and they decided to head to the Lab after dinner. So we all got changed, dropped Ally off at the Lab and Jeff and I made our way to Rockin Bar D to watch Taylor Mason, a hilarious ventiloquist that I have seen somewhere before.... I'm thinking back in college when he was just getting started.

When we got there, about 15 minutes before show time, it was packed. And there was a little 10 or 12 year old bulldog holding about 15 or 20 seats. Not kidding. I was not happy because we were waaaaaaaay off in the corner. By ourselves. And we had a great view of Taylor's right ear through the whole performance.

This was really the only time I saw someone so boldly saving seats. I should have gone all fire hydrant on the little bulldog. After all, they were too young to be there anyway!!!!!

But we got our drinks and settled into a nice round booth in the corner. I actually sat up on the back of the booth and had a much better view. Taylor Mason is hilarious and while this was the "adult" cabaret show, it was very clean, with a bit of adult humor, but nothing raunchy.

Right near the end of the show, my neighbor from SC came in with the other 2 women from her party and they were able to join us in our mega booth. Again, how big is the ship? And in they walk and make a beeline toward our table. Crazy!

After Taylor Mason, the "Disco Legends" show was beginning. I love me some disco music, always ready to let my Disco Inferno burn, but his was ultra cheesy. The "Walt Disney Theatre Dancers" came out on the itty bitty stage and danced for a few minutes. I'm guessing the dance floor opened up after that, but we were out of there. Jeff always gets a little scared when he sees a dance floor. It takes a LOT of DOTD for him to get his white man overbite going.

You know about the white man overbite? Just go to a club and watch the middle aged men. For some reason they get that bite going and think that gives them the rhthym that absolutely NOTHING will give them.......

We left around 11:15, waaaaaay past my bedtime in real life and headed back to the Lab to pick up Ally. She was still going strong with Tori but the other little gal that we all met in our DISmeet on the first day, Alessandra, was sacked out on the bean bags. It was so cute!

By the time we made it back to the cabin, it was nearing midnight. Not because it took us 45 minutes to go from Rockin Bar D to Lab to cabin 6648. But because we diverted up to Deck 10 to.....

Watch the sea go by. Oh yes we did!!!!

Then down to the drink station on Deck 9 to grab some drinks, and finally back to the cabin.

Where we were greeted by this guy....

But once more... let's head out to the balcony to....

WATCH THE SEA GO BY!!!!!!

Up next..... Another Day at Sea....... Are we really only on Day 3 of this cruise????

Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #265
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to enjoy your meal!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #266
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Great review so far!

We had Willy as our assistant server back last October on the Magic and he was really wonderful - very fun and we had a lot of interaction. My mom only has the use of one hand so he would cut her food up every evening. On the second formal night I was sick so he brought a lobster tail dinner down to my cabin for me. My mom cried on the last night of our cruise cause she was already missing him.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #267
podsnel

I am so glad you were really enjoying WATCHING THE SEA GO BY! You all looked so great on Formal night- just wanted to remind you in case you forgot....
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #268
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Glad you were able to enjoy your meal!
Oh yes.... and pretty soon you will see me (well, see in pictures....) devour TWO entrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Great review so far!

We had Willy as our assistant server back last October on the Magic and he was really wonderful - very fun and we had a lot of interaction. My mom only has the use of one hand so he would cut her food up every evening. On the second formal night I was sick so he brought a lobster tail dinner down to my cabin for me. My mom cried on the last night of our cruise cause she was already missing him.
I LOVED Willy!!! He just had the BEST attitude - super sweet! Ally kept calling her "my boy" all trip. Every morning we had to go whereever they were working. "C'mon, I need to see my boy this morning...."

Quote:
I am so glad you were really enjoying WATCHING THE SEA GO BY! You all looked so great on Formal night- just wanted to remind you in case you forgot....
Yeah, I know. We are hot.....

Old 05-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #269
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

we're going to be hot next week...

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #270
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Yeah, it was all going on in my head. But I can tell you all. There are NO giant tea pots, psuedo French Lennie Briscoes, or walking grandfather clocks. None at all. So rest assured, your time in Lumiere's can be spent on the atmosphere and the food.....

Oh...food porn...<sigh> and it looks SOOOOOOO good!

Quote:
I ordered Roasted Filet of Beef Wellington
covered with mushroom stuffing wrapped in puff pastry served with fingerling potatoes, baby vegetables, and a cabernet black truffle jus

That looks amazing! I avoided the beef wellington on our cruise because the one I had in '08 was just nasssty. But this....ahhhh....this one looks just delish!

Quote:
Jeff got the Prince Charming Chilled Chocolate Souffle
Semi-frozen chocolate cream with almond brittle.

OK, now *THIS* I don't remember..it must have been the night I missed for Palo, because THAT right there looks awesome!

Quote:
And now for Willy's magic trick of the night. Move one crayon to make a square.....

Don't peek!!!

Are you ready for the answer?

OH, that Willy, such a trickster!!!!!
Ah, my dear Kara, it is YOU that is the trickster. The bottom photo is the first photo and the top photo is the answer. You thought you could slide that one by on us but I SAW YOUR PHOTOBUCKET IMAGE TAGS!

Quote:
When we got there, about 15 minutes before show time, it was packed. And there was a little 10 or 12 year old bulldog holding about 15 or 20 seats. Not kidding. I was not happy because we were waaaaaaaay off in the corner. By ourselves. And we had a great view of Taylor's right ear through the whole performance.

This was really the only time I saw someone so boldly saving seats. I should have gone all fire hydrant on the little bulldog. After all, they were too young to be there anyway!!!!!
Ron always swears that when we encounter this we will have some fun with it, just walk over and plop down next to the person and when they say "This seat is saved", just reply back "Que?" and then just start talking to each other in Spanish sounding jibberish. I have yet to see him actually do it, maybe because he knows I will start giggling like a fool! (We would be the ones to try it with people who actually speak Spanish!)

We were at our water park around here last weekend and in the kids area there were like no chairs at all that weren't hogged and most prominently a lady in a lounge with empty chairs on both sides of her that she had her arms strewn out over to "hold" ...I told Ron he didn't have a hair on his behind if he wouldn't just walk over there and sit down in one and say "Wasssup?"

Quote:
But once more... let's head out to the balcony to....

WATCH THE SEA GO BY!!!!!!
So did it finally pass by, or what?

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: