Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)
Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy 1 7.69%
Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy 2 15.38%
Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #2971
motroc
Earning My Ears

Follow up to the 25%/10% stacking situation from what we found out from the booking agent we spoke with...

If you booked while you were onboard, or at the very least, filled out a booking card, you get the 10% off, 10% down, and OBC based on the length of your cruise. The 10% off/10% down cannot be used for Concierge level.

The 25% off that DCL gave us as a good-will gesture, can be used with the above 10% off, except holiday sailings and anything over 7 nights which means the re-positioning cruises, Hawaii, and the 12 night European cruises are out. Note, if you wanted to book Concierge, you could use the 25% off, still get the OBC, but could not also stack the 10% off/10% down.

The best bang for the buck is to book a non-concierge level that is not a holiday to get the 35% off, 10% down, and OBC based on your length of cruise ($100 <6 nights, $200 >7nights).
2/11/00 - 3 Night WDW, 2/13/00 4 Night Magic Bahamas, 5/17/03 - 7 Night Magic Eastern, 11/13/10 - 7 Night Magic Western (Double Dip), 11/3/11 - 3&4 Night Dream B2B, 10/18/12 - 2 Night Epcot Food & Wine, 10/20/12 - 7 Night Fantasy Frankenstorm, 10/27/12 - 8 Night Caribbean Beach Frankenstorm Delay, 11/16/13 - 7 Night Fantasy Eastern, 11/23/13 - 3 Night Busch Gardens Tampa, 2/21/14 - 5 Night Western Wonder (Miami), *11/9/14 7 Night Magic Eastern Caribbean
motroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #2972
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Gah! I didn't realize we couldn't stack the discounts with concierge. I've been doing all my calculations with the stack in mind. Boo, now it's gonna be REALLY hard to get Von on board!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #2973
Mattscott
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
Nancy, you CAN STACK the discounts. So if you re-booked on board, you get the OBB 10% disc, the OBC, AND the 25% off on top of that. The only limit that my DCL CM could see was the Holiday Sailings.
Also, the discount applies to the room. When they put the coding in, it discounts the room as long as 1 adult was on the 10/20/12 Fantasy sailing. So if me and Ricky were to book separate cabins and split up the kids and add extra family members, we could do that and they would also get the discount.
Lastly, you CAN book Concierge and get 25% off! It was said on the boards that you couldn't, but we did. We are booked for Cat T on the Magic in a 1 BD Suite! And with the 25% off, it makes it totally worth trying out Concierge. Now, the only thing you CAN'T do with Concierge is the 10 % OBB since that has never been allowed anyways....
So what we did was kept our Dummy booking and OBC for 2014, and booked a whole new cruise with DU. We got their $150 OBC, and DCL $25 OBC, and 25% off of our Concierge suite.... We are super happy with that!

Don't let anyone tell you different. I have an AMAZING CM at DCL that I can refer you to if you need to ask questions.

Cyndi
Just got a stacking discount today because we did leave our information at the re-booking desk while on board. We did NOT book while on board, but because we had inquired and they had our information in the system, they gave us the additional 10% off. Just FYI
Mattscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #2974
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Nicely done!
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #2975
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott

Just got a stacking discount today because we did leave our information at the re-booking desk while on board. We did NOT book while on board, but because we had inquired and they had our information in the system, they gave us the additional 10% off. Just FYI
Awesome! I know people who are still upset (rightfully so) about the discount offer, and are being mislead by the Canadian offer of 25% off. This is NOT the same as what we were offered. There are many restrictions for them and they seem to be very lenient when we are redeeming our goodwill offer. Even more so when we don't go in with guns blazing. LOL
Anyhow, here's another example.
I called DVC to ask about the point value for a future cruise. When I mentioned that I may be interested in booking cash instead because if the discount, DVC offered me 25% off of the point price if I chose to sail on point. That was very cool of them, and their way of trying to smooth the waters with those of us that sailed on the 10/20/12 on points as well. I was 1/2 and 1/2 cash, but that was insignificant. He offered it to my whole sailing party, any date, any category. Just thought I'd share...

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #2976
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Just reading this thread is making me ill. Lol don't know when I'll sail again. Just hated the end of my trip so much. Have fun booking everyone
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #2977
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Counter point.

Prior to the cruise I read all I could find. All indicated the last day was the most difficult. Getting off the ship is sad. It can be especially difficult seeing the new set of cruisers all excited to board. Some even reported crying while disembarking. Well....

My family was fortunate not to experience this. We had no issues what so ever disembarking. In fact we debated a B2B, and were thrilled we had not booked one this time.

I was not looking forward to the feelings many have on the final morning. I'm glad we were able to skip this depressing moment most experience.

Thank you DCL and Captain Tom.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #2978
motroc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Counter point.

Prior to the cruise I read all I could find. All indicated the last day was the most difficult. Getting off the ship is sad. It can be especially difficult seeing the new set of cruisers all excited to board. Some even reported crying while disembarking. Well....

My family was fortunate not to experience this. We had no issues what so ever disembarking. In fact we debated a B2B, and were thrilled we had not booked one this time.

I was not looking forward to the feelings many have on the final morning. I'm glad we were able to skip this depressing moment most experience.

Thank you DCL and Captain Tom.
Totally hear you Bear. There was only one feeling that morning and it was "get me the hell off this ship."
2/11/00 - 3 Night WDW, 2/13/00 4 Night Magic Bahamas, 5/17/03 - 7 Night Magic Eastern, 11/13/10 - 7 Night Magic Western (Double Dip), 11/3/11 - 3&4 Night Dream B2B, 10/18/12 - 2 Night Epcot Food & Wine, 10/20/12 - 7 Night Fantasy Frankenstorm, 10/27/12 - 8 Night Caribbean Beach Frankenstorm Delay, 11/16/13 - 7 Night Fantasy Eastern, 11/23/13 - 3 Night Busch Gardens Tampa, 2/21/14 - 5 Night Western Wonder (Miami), *11/9/14 7 Night Magic Eastern Caribbean
motroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #2979
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

We are booked for the famous 10-20-13 sailing, and this will be our first time in concierge! We are very excited! Thank you all for your congratulations, I wish Von would propose every cruise, haha. I am sorry for those whose experience was soured by that last night. We were very lucky that Southwest worked with us free of charge, our home was far from harms way, and our discount was more than enough to lift our spirits and get us excited about cruising again. I know that wasn't the case for everyone, and it's a shame to see that so many people ended up losing out on so much time, money and energy. As far as letting people off the morning after, I saw a lot of effort by the crew to attempt to control the chaos. People were told to stay in their rooms and await instruction. Had this direction been followed, I'm sure the crew would have been able to direct traffic and get the guests off in a more orderly way, but there was no controlling that crowd, I don't really think there was anything they could do at that point other than open the flood gates. I hope things have smoothed over somewhat for those who were impacted most, and that everyone is able to remember fondly the good times that were had. Can't wait to sail with so many of you again so soon!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #2980
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue
We are booked for the famous 10-20-13 sailing, and this will be our first time in concierge! We are very excited! Thank you all for your congratulations, I wish Von would propose every cruise, haha. I am sorry for those whose experience was soured by that last night. We were very lucky that Southwest worked with us free of charge, our home was far from harms way, and our discount was more than enough to lift our spirits and get us excited about cruising again. I know that wasn't the case for everyone, and it's a shame to see that so many people ended up losing out on so much time, money and energy. As far as letting people off the morning after, I saw a lot of effort by the crew to attempt to control the chaos. People were told to stay in their rooms and await instruction. Had this direction been followed, I'm sure the crew would have been able to direct traffic and get the guests off in a more orderly way, but there was no controlling that crowd, I don't really think there was anything they could do at that point other than open the flood gates. I hope things have smoothed over somewhat for those who were impacted most, and that everyone is able to remember fondly the good times that were had. Can't wait to sail with so many of you again so soon!
I think it was a losing situation from the get go. People just wanted off that ship, and no amount of "stay in your cabins" was going to keep people put. Especially since they were not giving out any consistent information to everyone, it was bound to be chaos. I've never walked into the Atrium on debarkation day and seen what I saw this time. I am one who is usually sad and starting my countdown until I sail again.....
That being said, I'm sorry that everyone had a bad time Friday night. I was soooo sick, I couldn't stand. I hope that those of you who experienced extended stays, distress from Friday, or any other unpleasant consequences can get back to some normalcy soon.
Although we will be sailing again on 10/20/13 ( in Concierge thanks to the discount we were given) I know that a lot of you do not want to give Disney any more if your hard earned money, and I respect that. It's a complete personal choice, and I hope you all continue to make memories with your families on other vacations! ☺

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #2981
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I was on the disney cruise line blog seeing if there was any hints of 2014 dates etc and came across the post concerning our cruise and the experience and discount we received. It made me laugh out loud LITERALLY!!!! Yes our last night sucked I had a dreadful stay at CBR after the delay but I am not suffering PTSD and I'm not jumping on the sue Disney bandwagon!!!! After talking to my new Disney Fantasy CM friend I believe we were not about to die that night. I think staying in our room was probably the best/safest place for us because of all the stuff that was falling and breaking all over the ship!!! I also loved how somebody pointed out how people love to sue over anything.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #2982
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Where is this blog? Unless you're talking about the post on the disboards, I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?

Are people really talking about suing DCL? I can't say that this really surprised me these days, but, just....really?

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #2983
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoolpilot View Post
Where is this blog? Unless you're talking about the post on the disboards, I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?

Are people really talking about suing DCL? I can't say that this really surprised me these days, but, just....really?
I haven't read the blog. I only knew about the closed Facebook group called "Sandy didn't put us at risk, the Captains did! DCL Dream/Fantasy".
http://www.facebook.com/groups/104089969753549/ you have to join the group to read the comments though.

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #2984
onecoolwife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoolpilot View Post

Seriously do you ever listen to me???? I told you all about it and even read things out loud to you when we talked about planning our next one.
onecoolwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #2985
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoolwife View Post
Seriously do you ever listen to me???? I told you all about it and even read things out loud to you when we talked about planning our next one.
The "cool ones" are at it again. Communicating in house, thru the disboards. I LOVE IT.

I met the "cool wife and daughter", never did get to meet the "cool pilot" unfortunately.

I wanted to talk funny ATC chat. Oh well maybe next time. Have you seen this stuff?

http://www.businessballs.com/airtraf...unnyquotes.htm

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/shortfinal/list.html

This stuff is my new entertainment. I just wish it was updated more often.

Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: