Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Eric and Amanda's Wedding TR Italy/WP/Cons. Station SLIDESHOW POSTED PG13

Ok here we go!! I want to focus mostly on the wedding so the days surrounding it might be on the shorter side. Plus it feels like as usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.

Day 1-
Most of you probably know that the night before we were scheduled to leave a HUGE snow storm hit our area...some called it a Snowicane. If you are from anywhere in the Northeast you will also know how CRAZY this is. There is no such thing as a Snowicane...we live in Upstate NY and we got snow. Period. End of Story. This happens every winter and our lives don't just shut down. I wasn't worried about the snow at all.

What I should have been worried about is Eric's work. Eric works nights and gets out at 7:15 a.m. every morning. The plan was for him to get out of work, run home and we'd leave straight for the airport.

At 7:00 I get a call...I almost had to stay at work. I asked what does ALMOST mean? Well the people that needed to show up for work weren't there. There was one co-worked that so greatfully offered to stay so he coul leave. But there was still one woman missing. He had previously asked his other co-worker that if this situation happend would she be willing to stay so he didn't miss his flight. Not only did she tell him NO, but she ended up calling in "sick" to work, claiming the snow was too bad (again, it wasn't). They finally let him go at 7:30 when they heard the second co-worker was on her way. We ended up leaving later than anticipated but arriving with plenty of time.

We got through security fairly quickly and grabbed some breakfast. For those wondering, my dress did fit in a normal carry-on and I had it with me at ALL times!! Here is Eric keeping him self occupied until take-off.

The flight was very uneventful and soon we arrived at AKL!! This was the beginning of many run in's with some odd folks. The valet that helped was...just a little off. I really can't explain it. But I couldn't help but to giggle when he called Eric Mr. Amanda's Maiden name! Soon we were checked in and off to our room. We had booke a Value Studio but ended up with a great pool view room!! Eric hadn't slept much so he was ready for a nap!

We ended up rearranging our plans, skipping Teppan Edo and heading to ESPN for dinner. The food was fab...but the waitress? A little off...The first thing she said after we were seated was this....

"So the boy I am totally in love with that works here just showed up with his friends and seated himself my section and he knows I'm in love with him because I told him" (yes it was one long sentance). She took our appetizer order (Nachos!) and drinks (milkshakes!) but forgot to take our dinner order. Dinner really just got stranger from there...

We wandered around EPCOT a bit before heading back to the room. Next up, DHS and ESPN THE WEEKEND!

Last edited by MainStMandy; 04-01-2010 at 01:54 PM.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
PeytonSdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Ok here we go!! I want to focus mostly on the wedding so the days surrounding it might be on the shorter side. Plus it feels like as usual, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.

Day 1-
Most of you probably know that the night before we were scheduled to leave a HUGE snow storm hit our area...some called it a Snowicane. If you are from anywhere in the Northeast you will also know how CRAZY this is. There is no such thing as a Snowicane...we live in Upstate NY and we got snow. Period. End of Story. This happens every winter and our lives don't just shut down. I wasn't worried about the snow at all.

What I should have been worried about is Eric's work. Eric works nights and gets out at 7:15 a.m. every morning. The plan was for him to get out of work, run home and we'd leave straight for the airport.

At 7:00 I get a call...I almost had to stay at work. I asked what does ALMOST mean? Well the people that needed to show up for work weren't there. There was one co-worked that so greatfully offered to stay so he coul leave. But there was still one woman missing. He had previously asked his other co-worker that if this situation happend would she be willing to stay so he didn't miss his flight. Not only did she tell him NO, but she ended up calling in "sick" to work, claiming the snow was too bad (again, it wasn't). They finally let him go at 7:30 when they heard the second co-worker was on her way. We ended up leaving later than anticipated but arriving with plenty of time.

We got through security fairly quickly and grabbed some breakfast. For those wondering, my dress did fit in a normal carry-on and I had it with me at ALL times!! Here is Eric keeping him self occupied until take-off.

The flight was very uneventful and soon we arrived at AKL!! This was the beginning of many run in's with some odd folks. The valet that helped was...just a little off. I really can't explain it. But I couldn't help but to giggle when he called Eric Mr. Amanda's Maiden name! Soon we were checked in and off to our room. We had booke a Value Studio but ended up with a great pool view room!! Eric hadn't slept much so he was ready for a nap!

We ended up rearranging our plans, skipping Teppan Edo and heading to ESPN for dinner. The food was fab...but the waitress? A little off...The first thing she said after we were seated was this....

"So the boy I am totally in love with that works here just showed up with his friends and seated himself my section and he knows I'm in love with him because I told him" (yes it was one long sentance). She took our appetizer order (Nachos!) and drinks (milkshakes!) but forgot to take our dinner order. Dinner really just got stranger from there...

We wandered around EPCOT a bit before heading back to the room. Next up, DHS and ESPN THE WEEKEND!
So did Eric get to take a nice, long nap that day? I would hate to work an overnight shift!

Did you have any flight delays at all? You really had good luck on your side during the "snowicane!"

What a weird waitress!
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Lol I knew you would be the first to reply!

He opted not to take a nap so he could get on some kind of "regular" sleep schedule for the trip. By the time we got back to AKL we were both WIPED out!!!

No delays for us at all!! Nor anyone in our families!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

yay! I am happy you are back and started a TR already! Can't wait to read more

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Ok Day #2....severely lacking in pictures and I will explain why in a minute!

Saturday started off with waking up rather early and heading to Mara for breakfast. After grabbing a quick bite to eat we headed over to DHS for ESPN The Weekend.

For me, it was a rather boring day...for Eric it was a blast!! I have pictures, but really there is just about 200 pictures of Eric doing sports stuff or celebrities that I have no idea who they are!

We spent about 3 hours in the rain at the main Stage, located in front of the Sorcerer's Hat watching a bunch of sports stars (Curt Schilling and Bernie Williams to name a few). We absolutely FROZE our butts off!! Sometime in the afternoon we headed back to relax at AKL before our evening.

Saturday night we ended up going to the MK and having dinner at Liberty Tree. It was not my favorite, but it was ok. Eric on the other hand LOVED it! While at the MK we got a call from Eric's parents who just arrived.

Mini Off-Property VENT!
Eric's whole family decided to stay off-property due to the cost. When his parents arrived on Saturday they checked in only to be told there Park Hoppers were locked up and they couldn't get them until 7 a.m... they were going to be heading to AKL to have breakfast with us at 7:30 a.m.

Do you think they were ready at 7:00 a.m.?? Day #3 up next!!

The only two non-sports picture from Saturday:

We were freezing and exhausted by this point!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
DisneyGirl4188
Mike's Princess
I won't tell you the really weird stuff I do

Yeah!!! I can't wait to read more. Nice pic of Eric with the wig.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

YAY You started!!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I'm so glad you decided to do a TR
Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
irisbud
I wished upon a star and... ...Disney Bride in 2009... ...DVC owner at BLT!

Sounds fun so far! Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirl4188 View Post
Yeah!!! I can't wait to read more. Nice pic of Eric with the wig.
Haha that took A LOT of convincing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
YAY You started!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I'm so glad you decided to do a TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisbud View Post
Sounds fun so far! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!!! On to Day #3!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #11
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Day #3

Last we talked to Eric's parents they were planning on picking up their tickets promptly at 7:00 a.m. and then heading to AKL (they had no clue how to get here). It turns out at 7 the tickets were still locked up. Luckily at 7:30 a.m. they were able to grab their tickets and get on the road. We were 30 minutes late to our Boma ADR and in NO way making open for AK.

Breakfast was great as usual and we were soon on our way. Eric's parents were pretty great about everything. They let us lead the way and just enjoyed everything as it came. We were just discussing Divine and hoping we would run into her...and voila!

Eric's parents really enjoyed AK, their favorite thing being Nemo the Musical!!! His dad just LOVED this!!!

As many times as we have been to the parks, I still like to look for new things. I had always seen these before, but didn't really know what they were:

These are prayer flags, often hung in the mountains of the Himalayas! I saw something posted near Everest about it, but didn't get to take a picture. Here is something I just googled about them:

Prayer Flags are inscribed with auspicious symbols, invocations, prayers, and mantras. Tibetan Buddhists for centuries have planted these flags outside their homes and places of spiritual practice for the wind to carry the beneficent vibrations across the countryside. Prayer flags are said to bring happiness, long life and prosperity to the flag planter and those in the vicinity.

My brother ended up getting into the are early so after checking in to the BWV, he met up with us. The three of us headed to dinner at Wolfgang Pucks and then hung at the resort. It was really great to have my brother there, and early no less!
Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I just posted on the other side..but this one has more info!

Why were their tickets locked up?

The whole Everest set up is so good. I love to look at all the bells, flags, etc while waiting. Probably one of the best waits in WDW.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Yay, found my way over. Great start looking forward to more
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

So glad you've started a TR---can't wait to hear all about it, especially the wedding! The few pictures that got posted were great. You looked beautiful!

Love that you got to see "DiVine". One time DH and DD#2 ran to get FPs for EE, and they saw here. I was so mad that I missed her!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: