Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #91
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

So, DF's bday was this past weekend, and yesterday we had a birthday/hand out invitations cookout. It was a blast! My maid of honor came up and spent the weekend, and it was so nice to hang out with family and friends. I also came to realization that I need a matron of honor. Full story tomorrow, but, DF and I got engaged 6 yrs ago. And that's when I asked my bridal party to stand up with us. Well, a lot can change in 6 yrs. I haven't had to cut anyone (thank goodness! I chose well!) But I do need to add a couple of someones. I found one of my best friends last year, and my MOH, after spending the weekend with us and my other best friend, asked me "why is she not in the wedding? Or her husband? They are obviously important to the both of you." Well, if that's not the question of the century!! Why NOT?! The only answer I could think of is that if I asked them, that there wouldn't be many people sitting in the "audience" to witness our marriage. Umm....SO WHAT! So, I have finally decided to ask her to be my matron of honor, and DF is asking her husband (and DF's best friend too) to be a groomsmen. It feels good. I'm so glad I finally figured that one out! What the H*!! was I thinking?
Tomorrow: Full birthday, wedding invites, MOH's, best men, not so great men, groomsmen, pics, pics, pics, and finally a real update!!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #92
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

That's great! It's definitely better to have to add people than to feel like you need to cut someone
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #93
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

GRRR!!! I had almost finished this big looong update for you guys then my computer froze! GONE. Although it might be a good thing, cause I realized that I was doing some major venting, and that would've just brought everyone down. So now, I can start fresh with all the good stuff going on, and I dont have to bring all of you down with my ranting and raving!

I have decided to add two people to the wedding party. My flower girl's mom and dad. They are our best friends, and I don't know why it took so long to ask them. I know it sounds weird, and you're thinking "why haven't you asked your best friends to be in your wedding?" I know right?! Well, its a little complicated. Joey and I got engaged 6 years ago, and that's when we asked our bridal party. I didn't even know Deana then. Fast forward to last Christmas. We decided that it was time to get married, and we were going to have an at home wedding with a disneymoon. With a guest list of almost 200 people, and 4 bridesmaids, it was perfect for me. Then, when we decided to do the disney wedding, suddenly our guest list went from 200 to 18, and those four girls and the best man take up another big chunk of the guests. I was so afraid that there wouldn't be anyone in the "audience" to watch us get married that I balked at asking Deana and Quillon. So, this weekend at Joey's birthday cookout, my maid of honor Hillarie asked the question of the hour. "Why weren't these two fabulous very important people in the wedding party?" Well, that's a good question! So after Hillarie smacked some common sense into me, I decided to ask Deana. I made her a cute little card and asked her this morning and she said yes! Joey will be asking Quillon to stand up with him on his side in the next few days. I am so happy! Now everything seems right and complete!

Here is the card I made:

I also hand delivered our invitations out this weekend at Joey's party. I am so glad that I decided to do it that way. I debated back and forth about doing the invitations the old fashioned way or just saving the postage since I see most of our guests on a daily basis. In the end, the money I saved on postage made up my mind for me. And thank goodness, because it was so awesome to be able to be there and watch everyone open their invitations. To see their excitement was priceless! They were a big hit! Everyone ooh'ed and ahh'ed over them. I was so happy! I still have one invite to hand deliver and three to mail, so that's not too bad.

Here is the setup for the invites at the party (please excuse the mess in the background. I'm keeping my flower girl during the day, and she likes to make messes! ) :

I only hope that everyone likes all the other little things we are DIY'ing for the wedding, like the welcome bags, and stuff for the ceremony. Speaking of welcome bags, I have a few things accomplished. Soon, I will have pics of all the goodies that are going inside, but I just finished the welcome folder and some stuff for that.

Outside folder:

inside folder:

some of the folder contents:

The blurries are annoying, so I apologize for that. But at least you can get some idea of whats going on.
Now, I just wanted to thank all the disbrides and creative disigners on here. If it weren't for you fabulous ladies, my welcome packets would be so boring! I stole a lot of cool stuff from other disbrides, so thank you thank you thank you!! Hope ya'll dont mind! Ok, well it's time to get ready for dance class. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Last edited by FlamingoAllie; 06-07-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #94
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your welcome folders look so nice! And I love the little Belle and Beauty and the Beast figurines that you have by the basket, they are beautiful.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #95
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Your welcome folders look so nice! And I love the little Belle and Beauty and the Beast figurines that you have by the basket, they are beautiful.
Thanks!! I've had a lot of fun getting the welcome folders together. Although I can't take credit for most of the stuff in them. Gotta love Creative Disigns and disbrides willing to share their hard work!

I've had the Belle since I was 12 years old, and DF got me the Jim Shore Belle and Beast for my birthday this past year. Obviously Beauty and the Beast is my favorite!! Someday, I'll have to upload a picture of my dad. He looks just like Maurice (except he's not bald). It's uncanny! I made him a Father of the Bride tee with Maurice on it, and its so funny, cause it looks like he's wearing a cartoon drawing of himself!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #96
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

So...DF got the call today. He will be interviewing for his dream job two weeks from tomorrow! I have such mixed feelings!
We are both really excited to move to Florida. I've been trying for the past 10 years to get down there. Also, it will make this whole destination wedding thing a lot easier when it's 2 hours away instead of 10. And although it's just an interview, I'm pretty sure that he will get the job. Which means in two weeks, I may be packing up 10 years of stuff. We are such packrats! We have WAAAY too much stuff. I'm freaking out just thinking about it. Plus, we just moved into the house we're in now in August. I swore then that it was the last time I was going to move for a VERY long time. HAHA. Shouldn't have said that. It hasn't even been a year yet, and here we go again. I'm also kind of worried about moving 500 miles away 4 months before the wedding. I have pounds to lose and flowers to pick out, and vows to write. I don't have time for a total life upheaval!! deep breath deep breath! whew. On the upside, I'm probably moving to FLORIDA!! and the beach!! That is freakin' awesome! And it will be a lot easier to use our AP's if we live in Florida vs. North Carolina. Oh how I'll miss my mountains though. Wow. I am a wreck. And I've rambled on and on, and this has nothing to do with the wedding. Except get in its way. I need to stop. This is me stopping. I'll get back to wedding now.

This is me getting back to the wedding and not freaking out about the possibility of moving.

Here is the front of the shirt I made my daddy for father's day:

And here is my daddy (and mom):

Old 06-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #97
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your dad's shirt is awesome! I definitely see the likeness!

Also, that is exciting about DF! Though it will be a big life change, it seems like it will be a positive thing... you'll be closer to Disney Plus, if it's his dream job, then that's definitely a good thing, right? I'm sure you'll be able to handle the moving and the wedding at the same time. It's not easy, but you can do it! I'm moving back home for the summer, and then into DF's apartment immediately after the wedding,so I'm dealing with a lot of packing up and whatnot too.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #98
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Your dad's shirt is awesome! I definitely see the likeness!

Also, that is exciting about DF! Though it will be a big life change, it seems like it will be a positive thing... you'll be closer to Disney Plus, if it's his dream job, then that's definitely a good thing, right? I'm sure you'll be able to handle the moving and the wedding at the same time. It's not easy, but you can do it! I'm moving back home for the summer, and then into DF's apartment immediately after the wedding,so I'm dealing with a lot of packing up and whatnot too.
Thank you for the encouragement! I've started sorting everything into keep/goodwill/toss piles and that seems to help. And I just keep telling myself, "You'll live at the BEACH and be practically next door to DISNEY!!" Uh, this should just be a fun move...So that's staying in the forefront of my mind. Man, I feel for you, moving twice so close together. I HATE moving. Anyway, thanks again for reading my PJ, and all your kind words and encouragement! I really appreciate it!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #99
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

AAHHHH!!! My ticker says four months and three days! That is so scary! Skinny waist, where are you? You were supposed to be here by now! On a less scary note, I found ponchos and battery operated personal fans at the dollar tree yesterday! Score! I have been wanting both, and couldn't find them cheaper than 8 bucks a piece. Which isn't terrible, but it's much better when you can get them for a dollar! I doubt that they will be the most amazing fans ever, but hopefully, they will do an okay job for my guests during this trip at least. Fingers crossed. DF says that I can't buy anything else right now. But he has a point. If we decide to move, then thats just more crap i have to pack up and move. So I'm trying to refrain til he goes through the interview process and we know if we are moving or not. Which we are. I know he'll get the job. He's too good not to get it. Wow, 2011, what an eventful year you are turning out to be! Bring it on!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #100
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
Thank you for the encouragement! I've started sorting everything into keep/goodwill/toss piles and that seems to help. And I just keep telling myself, "You'll live at the BEACH and be practically next door to DISNEY!!" Uh, this should just be a fun move...So that's staying in the forefront of my mind. Man, I feel for you, moving twice so close together. I HATE moving. Anyway, thanks again for reading my PJ, and all your kind words and encouragement! I really appreciate it!
Well, since I've been at college and moving around a lot, I actually haven't stayed in one place for longer than 10 months in at least five years. At this point I am used to it, and sometimes I don't even unpack everything all the way because I know I'll just be moving again So it will be really good to move into the apartment in September since we'll be staying there for at least a year, hopefully a good while longer!

And I like reading your PJ and commenting, so no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
AAHHHH!!! My ticker says four months and three days! That is so scary! Skinny waist, where are you? You were supposed to be here by now! On a less scary note, I found ponchos and battery operated personal fans at the dollar tree yesterday! Score! I have been wanting both, and couldn't find them cheaper than 8 bucks a piece. Which isn't terrible, but it's much better when you can get them for a dollar! I doubt that they will be the most amazing fans ever, but hopefully, they will do an okay job for my guests during this trip at least. Fingers crossed. DF says that I can't buy anything else right now. But he has a point. If we decide to move, then thats just more crap i have to pack up and move. So I'm trying to refrain til he goes through the interview process and we know if we are moving or not. Which we are. I know he'll get the job. He's too good not to get it. Wow, 2011, what an eventful year you are turning out to be! Bring it on!
I know, my ticker says 2 months, 3 weeks, and a couple days! Seeing that two months... that's like almost nothing! Especially since I'm going on vacation twice this summer so that's almost two weeks of no wedding planning... yeah, my own fault of course, but still!

That is a great deal you found on ponchos and fans! I may have to check out the dollar store and stock up for the honeymoon

Let us know as soon as DF hears about the job! Good luck with everything!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #101
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Bargains!!

So, I'll admit I'm just a little obsessed with my welcome bags. It's been my favorite project for the wedding so far. I just love giving people gifts, even if its hand sanitizer and ponchos! Well, today I stumbled into Bath and Body Works, and wowza! They have an incredible sale going on! I stocked up on stuff for me, stuff for BM's, welcome bags, my mom, BFF's, flower girl, GM, AND ring bearer. It was AWESOME! Just to give you an idea...I bought $267.00 worth of stuff for....get this....$37.50. Thirty-seven-fifty. WHAT!? I haven't told DF yet. I think I'll show him the bag and tell him the original total first. Then he'll marvel at my bargain shopping skills instead of that I bought more "crap" for the welcome bags.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #102
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

I just realized that the pic of my dress is super tiny...So I decided to get a bigger one so you can actually see it! I'm not posting the pic of ME in it, because I'm afraid that DF will peek, but here she is! I am so in love with it!!!

(Ulterior motive: Maybe by posting my dress again, I'll be inspired to actually go to Zumba today! Although, I started out good today, I took the dog on a nice long walk, up and down the hills around the house!)

Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #103
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Super cute shirt for your dad!!

And what a BEAUTIFUL Dress!!!! Can't wait to hear about more plans
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #104
Jilian
DIS Veteran

I love the shirt, it does look just like your dad! Your dress is stunning, it has such beautiful detail - nice choice!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #105
Nichole33
Remembering our fairy tale wedding 10.24.2011

Your dress is beautiful!! I love the detail!
Nichole33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: