Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #76
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

for some reason i thought i posted on here before to tell you that i LOVE everything you have going on!! ((but apparently i didnt )) your invites are amazing, your logo is fantastic and everything is coming together nicely. your happy day will be here before you know it!!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #77
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

More restaurants!! San Angel Inn, Marakkesh, and House of Blues. San Angel is especially important to us, because that's where we ate right after we got engaged! It was our first official meal as an engaged couple, and it will be our last official meal together as an engaged couple. Super sweet! I am so excited!!!!!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #78
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
for some reason i thought i posted on here before to tell you that i LOVE everything you have going on!! ((but apparently i didnt )) your invites are amazing, your logo is fantastic and everything is coming together nicely. your happy day will be here before you know it!!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are liking everything! I am so excited about the wedding. I wish it were already here, but wish I had more time to get everything done! I'm sure none of the rest of you feel at all like that do ya?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #79
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I love your invitations! And that newsletter that you did is awesome, it looks great and it's so informative. Your welcome bags look like they are going to be a lot of fun too!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #80
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

ADR update! Mainly cause I'm super excited about it! This is the first time we've done so many sit downs in the world. Usually we do one or two sit downs, and then scarf down some burgers and packs of crackers on the way to the next ride! So anyway...here's where we are so far:

Sunday Oct 9th: ?? Arrival day. we may drive down or FH may fly us. Did I mention he's a commercial pilot? Score!! So it really depends when and how we arrive before we can figure out the food situation.

Monday Oct 10th: This is run around and get the last minutes taken care of day. I have a dinner rez at Brown Derby, hopefully we'll be done with everything in time

Tuesday Oct 11th: Lunch ??
Dinner: Sing Along and Campfire with everyone.

Wed Oct 12th:
Lunch: San Angel Inn with parents, FH's sister, and our nephew/ring bearer. This is special because we had our first engaged meal here, and we want to share our last engaged meal here with our family.
Dinner: Pizza party. Pool Side

Thurs Oct 13th: Wedding day!
Dessert Party at Morocco Pavilion...other than that, who knows?!

Friday Oct 14th:
B'fast: Chef Mickey's with everyone
Lunch: ??
Dinner: Rainforest Cafe in AK

Sat Oct 15th:
Farewell Dinner at Margaritaville CityWalk

Sun Oct. 16th: Yak and Yeti

Monday Oct 17th: Biergarten

Tuesday Oct 18th: Tusker House

Wednesday Oct 19th: (MY 30th Birthday!!) Cinderella's Royal Table

So that's it so far. I have a few more days to fill in, but I think I've hit the important ones.

Alright DisBrides, what do you think? What am I missing? Like I said, I've never really thought about restaurants before! I've been too busy riding rides and seeing sights!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #81
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I'm joining in! I love your invitations! And that newsletter that you did is awesome, it looks great and it's so informative. Your welcome bags look like they are going to be a lot of fun too!
Thanks so much for reading and I'm glad you like what we have so far. I'm having so much fun with all these DIY projects!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #82
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your ADRs sound great! I'm the same way, I've never really been to one or two sit down places during a trip, and I've probably only been to about 6 or 7 in the world total. So I'm really excited to be trying one a day!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #83
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quick update!

Booked our room yesterday and started our honeymoon registry! So excited! I really hope that people will jump on board with the disneymoon thing, because after 10 years together, FH and I don't really need much in the way of housewares. We did also register at Target, because inevitably we will have the old schoolers that will have to do (or buy) what's always been done. Toaster ovens and towels, here we come! oh well.

And apparently, I've heard that there are some grumblings in my family because I haven't really invited anyone to the wedding. This is exactly why we decided to do the Escape package. "Sorry, we can only invite 18 people." I have a million and one aunts, uncles, and cousins, and most of which are not really...well...nice I guess. They are judgmental, condescending, and could hold a grudge like nobody's business! And so I can't really invite one and not another, so I just decided to say NO!!
So we are having our parents and FH's stepmom, sister, and nephew. And then our closest friends. The REAL family, you could say. The ones that stick by us and take care of us and love us no matter what.

Well, this was supposed to be a quick update, and it's not at all. Where did that rambling come from?

The other big update isn't necessarily wedding related, but it affects the wedding in a big way. My FH just applied for a job at his alma mater, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University as a flight instructor. He has been working here in NC as an instructor for quite some time, and is one of the top rated in the US. (I'm so proud of him--have to brag on him a little!) But he is a contract employee at the flight school, and there are no benefits. Also, the weather in the Mtns of NC is too unpredictable for good flying. So, looks like we will be moving to Florida in the next couple of months!! He will have a steady stream of students, great flying weather, and full benefits for both of us! Even before we get married! Which is nice, because as a dance instructor, I for sure don't get any sort of benefits!

There are good and bad to this. I LOVE Florida! We've lived back and forth between NC and FL for the past 10 years (mostly NC), and I will be so glad to be back. Although, I think I will really miss my mom and dad and nephew.
Also, the timing is really stressful. The wedding is in 4 months, my end of the year dance recital is in one month (which is the craziest time of year for me--think retail at christmas times 2), and you want me to pack up and move 500 miles away!? I'm so excited, but kinda stressed and scared too. How am I going to do all this?! The wedding itself was taking up all of my time. (In a good way). And we are kinda pack rats, so we have a LOT of stuff. I'm going to have to do some major spring cleaning! And I may have to forego some of my DIY projects. That stinks. But hunting for a beach house helps! And the BEST PART?

I WILL BE LESS THAN 2 HOURS AWAY FROM DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

That more than makes up for anything else! Now we can really put those AP's to good use! Ok, my "quick" update has turned into a major ramble, so I've got to get my butt in gear and do something productive!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #84
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

I am getting a little (okay, a whole whole lot) frustrated with the honeymoon registry! Anyone else use it? Anyone else having problems? It took me an hour to set it up because it got stuck on the "please review your information" page and wouldn't let me go forward from there. I'm like, I've reviewed it, thanks! How many times can I review the same info? Finally I tried it on a different browser, and that helped, but I could only browse through certain categories of the catalog. And then after I added everything that it would let me, I went to look at the registry and all of it was GONE!

And I'm not sure what to do about it, or what else I can do. I just want the darn thing to work. Because after living together for almost 10 years, there isn't a heck of a lot that we need otherwise! I just want an awesome wedding/honeymoon trip! And this stupid website won't cooperate with me!! grr!!

Sorry for the little temper tantrum there. Can you tell I'm an only child?

I know that family members, especially the ones that aren't even invited to my Escape package wedding aren't really going to care enough to keep trying on this website that doesn't work. Heck, they probably won't even go look, so I really don't know why I'm so worried about it! I think a lot of people are pissed they didn't get the invite. But anyway, I digress.

On a happier note, I'm pretty much done with tears of joy packets, door hangers, and I made a shirt for my Noelle (one of my dancers and the daughter of my in town BFF, so she's like a daughter to me!). She is sharing her 18th birthday with us! So, I'm going to try to do little special things for her on the wedding day. I got her embroidered "It's my Birthday!" mickey ears and I made her the shirt. I'm also going to see about getting her a tiny personalized cake at the DP that night. So, I'll post some pics in a little while!
YAY for pics! It's my favorite part of my (and everyone else's!) PJ!!!! hehe

Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #85
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

The honeymoon registry is notorious for malfunctioning. Everyone has had so many issues with it, that I'm honestly shocked Disney hasn't done something. I expect better from them. Anyway, if you don't think your family members would be content with re-trying with website, I know some other DISbrides have set up honeymoon registries through other websites. I don't know any names, but if you start a thread on the main board I'm sure people can suggest what they are using!

There have been many threads about it, including this one, if you want to take a look:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2687175

If you go with another registry, definitely send an email and tell them what happened and how you decided not to use the Disney one because of that. I've been trying to rally everyone in complaining with the hopes that maybe Disney would take the time to fix it Really, if you search there are threads going back at least two years complaining about it. It's ridiculous..
Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #86
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Librarygeek,
Thank you for the info. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but really upset that it's not an isolated incident. I have sent an email to Disney, although it doesnt seem to help does it? I will definitely look into another registry. I was just SO excited about Disney's. Oh well.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #87
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

The canvas tote bags for our welcome bag came today!! I did an iron on logo, and I am so happy!! They look great!

I just have to tell you guys about my DIY disaster though. hehe. The bags I got today were my second batch of bags. If you read in my earlier posts, I ordered some from Oriental Trading. They were the synthetic reusable grocery bags in bright neon colors. I didn't even THINK about the material being an issue when I went to do the iron on. So I get everything printed up and set up, and start the process and immediately MELT THE BAG!!! DOH! (insert smiley smacking itself on the head). I mean melted and mangled! I was going to post a pic so all you lovely DisBrides could have a good laugh, but my FH threw the bag away before I could take a pic. You should've seen his face when I told him I was upset about that and why. He just stood there looking at me for a sec, then says, "You have a problem." And walked off. Anyway, hopefully that will be the worst of my DIY mishaps. Fingers crossed!

The new bags are canvas, and I have two ironed on already. They look fantastic! I'll get pics posted soon.

And just have to say....off topic. So You Think You Can Dance premieres tonight!!! An obvious choice for my favorite TV show, considering I'm a dancer/teacher! This doesn't begin to describe my excitement!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #88
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Finally something to show you guys! Pic update!

Here is the front of the door hanger we made for everyone's hotel room:

And here is the back:

I think I'm going to bling it out a little more, but I haven't decided yet.
We have special ones for the ring bearer and flower girl, since they are little and will get a bigger kick out of it!

Canvas tote with the iron on logo:

the picture just doesn't do it justice. I am so happy with the way these turned out. They look SO GOOD!

Noelle's birthday shirt:

Hope she likes it!

This is the front of the tears of joy packet. Sorry it's so blurry. I can't figure out what went wrong with it!

Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #89
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
Librarygeek,
Thank you for the info. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but really upset that it's not an isolated incident. I have sent an email to Disney, although it doesnt seem to help does it? I will definitely look into another registry. I was just SO excited about Disney's. Oh well.
I feel the same way. Perhaps if they keep getting enough emails about it they'll do something, I don't know. I still have mine set up and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it works when it needs to. But I'm not holding out much hope.

On the plus side, your DIY projects look awesome! I especially like the bags
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 PM   #90
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

quick update!
I've been sick so I've taken advantage of being off work to get a few DIY projects done for the wedding. I made a t-shirt for my daddy (was going to put it in his welcome bag, but will probably give it to him for Father's Day).
Also, finished up our Drinking Around the World Passports, Welcome bag folders, and a few postcard size invites, info, etc to go in the folders. Also picked up more stuff for the welcome bags!
Oh, and I'm almost finished with a newsletter for my MOH and BMs. Will post pics tomorrow, and hopefully have a better, longer, update!

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: