Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #31
dicelees
Earning My Ears

That cake topper is cute, the white outfits are really nice. I love peacock wedding colours, there are so many beautiful inspiration photos for peacock weddings on the internet too.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #32
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Congrats on winning your new cake topper!! They are both gorgeous! But I do agree with the more neutral color choices!!

I love teal and brown together!! And I am partial to teal myself, since it is one of my colors.. If I wasn't using black I'd definitely be using brown!! There is another bride on here that is using teal and brown, so you might be able to get some ideas from her too!!
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #33
elle1024
Mouseketeer

Hi
Just joining in!

Just wanted to say that I LOVE how you guys got together... I am a very strong believer, that everything happens for a reason... so there you go!
Your engagement story is also really cute, YAY to Disney proposals. LOL.
Oh, and I really like the idea of teal and brown- peacock/paisley... I have been seeing a lot of ideas for that style now.. I will have to think about where that was, and post some pictures for you! I like the idea of the peacock feather in the napkins that Faye posted!!

Anyways, can't wait to see all of your other plans!!

[CENTER]Gisselle & Jose & our little Dylan
elle1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #34
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will probably be MIA for a while. My dance studio is going to their big competition/convention next weekend. So its a jammed packed week of rehearsals, packing, tutus, sequins, tophats, and glue gun burns! I will try to update, but seriously doubt there will be much to update about til after the competition! I do want to post a few pics though.

This is our idea for the welcome bag logo:

And we just bought these on Ebay to put in the bags for the the teens and twenty something guests!

what do you think?

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #35
pinkmiss3
Mouseketeer

I just read your PJ and I love everything! Those shoes are great and I was actually thinking about buying them too! I love converse and those have a special sparkle! I also love the cake topper! Can't wait to read more!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #36
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

My big dance competition/convention is this weekend! So proud of all my dancers and their hard work, talent, and determination! They are going to do such an amazing job! Not only will it be a relief to see all our hard work culminated and rewarded, but after it's over, I can start working on the wedding plans! So here's to my dancers, and a job well done!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #37
Lulu83
Mouseketeer

Just stumbled across your PJ - your plans sound great and you sound like a lovely couple! Everything you have posted sounds beautiful; I love the new cake topper (I think it's a lot more "bridal" than the first) and your colour scheme sounds great, teal is my favourite colour. I'm planning an Escape wedding at SBP for November next year

I just adore your shoes! Can I ask where you got them/what brand they are? I know I definitely don't want to wear heals but want something a bit special, and your shoes are perfect!

January 2011, Disneyland ~ October 2012, married at WDW ~ December 2012, Disneyland
Lulu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #38
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Hey! My shoes are converse, and I got them at Journeys. You can get them online too! Thanks for your kind words. Keep me update with your Escape plans!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #39
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Just talked to my wedding planner!! So excited! We are booked for a DP the night of the wedding, a MK/Epcot photo shoot two days after, and all the details are coming into place!

I have Tanis, anyone else work with her? She seemed really nice and accomodating today! Cant wait til October!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #40
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
Just talked to my wedding planner!! So excited! We are booked for a DP the night of the wedding, a MK/Epcot photo shoot two days after, and all the details are coming into place!

I have Tanis, anyone else work with her? She seemed really nice and accomodating today! Cant wait til October!
We had Tanis as our WP and she was great. If you have the idea she will somehow make it happen. One great thing about her is how organized she is, she will make you feel like guests on your wedding day!
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #41
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

starting working on our first newsletter for our guests last night. I figure it will be a fun way to get all the info to our guests as far as tickets, itinerary, hotels, etc. We are planning on doing two newsletters (this one and another closer to time with last minute details). I'll get pics up as soon as they are done so you can tell me what you think.

We are also going to do a personalized guide to the parks straight from bride and groom. Most of our guests either have never been to Disney (can you IMAGINE?!?! ) or haven't been since they were really young. So, it should be fun to play "host" to the newbies and show them firsthand (without having to be with them every second) why and what we love about DW! I'm really excited about it.

On a different note, FH and I tried on a few wedding bands yesterday on a whim. So much fun. He really surprised me with the kind of band he liked. It was fun. Also had my ering cleaned for the first time in forever!! So glad, cause now its all sparkly and fabulous again!

Now if this awful cold rainy weather would just go away, I'd be set!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #42
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb loves Disney View Post
We had Tanis as our WP and she was great. If you have the idea she will somehow make it happen. One great thing about her is how organized she is, she will make you feel like guests on your wedding day!
So glad to hear that about Tanis! I definitely need someone organized! I like to pretend that I am...but let's be real. I'm not at all! Yay! This feels like it's finally real!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #43
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Wow...can't believe it's been so long since I've updated. Not a lot has been going on on the wedding front, but lots in the personal dept. Last month, we lost my FH's great grandmother, and a month later exactly, we lost his grandmother. It's been really tough. Add into that a stressful month of preparing for dance competition and convention, starting a second job, and contemplating moving to another state, and I've been a little crazy! But, hopefully now I'm back and rearin' to go!

As soon as I get some more photos uploaded, let the planning resume!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #44
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Ok...here are a few updates and a few change of plans.

Wedding shoes (for me and maid of honor):

Maid of honor dress (Dress will be black with fuschia trim):

I think I might buy this for MOH since it matches my colors and its oh so cute!:

I'm also going to make something for MOH hair using rhinestones and feathers, similar to this, just pink or maybe teal (which is an accent color):

what do you guys think?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #45
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

A few updates

I was supposed to go to the Jimmy Buffett concert tonight, but due to car trouble, I was unable to make the two and a half hour drive to the show. Apparently, the last time I got my oil changed, they didn't put enough oil back in my car. grr!! So, I had to deal with that, instead of wasting away again in Margaritaville.

So, I'm cooking yummy Jamaican jerk chicken for dinner, drinking Landshark Lager, and wedding planning! Got lots of crafty things at Michaels today. Crystals for hidden mickeys on mine and MOH's shoes and MOH's hair piece. Also got some stuff for shirts for my dad, flower girl, and myself.

Tonight, I'll get pics of everything uploaded and posted. So, although I really miss Jimmy, I had a productive wedding planning day! (And I didn't have to go to work-big bonus!)

More to come later!

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: