Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #196
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up and am knowing how you feel. It hurt me to write bad reviews and made me fell like a brat. I'm hoping that writing the fun parts about the trip will bring the closure and I think it will. I can't wait to read more!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #197
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I'm glad I was able to make you laugh! Have you seen those videos where the bride falls in the pool?! It's awful! Although, who would get married by a pool anyway?

And, I REALLY hope you get your pics soon! One month IS forever in Weddingtime! Grrrrr, stupid Disney.
Really! You are just ASKING for something bad to happen around pools. The pic link should be here next week, and the actual pics a couple of weeks after that. Logically I understand, but I think there's a part of me that needs to see those pics to reassure me the wedding wasn't as bad as I thought! That's terrible of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Allie,

Sorry you didn't have the totally "magical" day. It's really hard when that happens, especially when the people you picked to support you, don't do what you had hoped they would do.

I had issues with my MOH and Matron of Honor at our wedding in 2002 that still upset me. Especially my MOH, who was my 22 year old niece. She almost single handedly wrecked my wedding weekend. She told me this past March that it was my fault that she wasn't that good at her job because why did I pick someone who was ONLY 22! There are brides that on here who are alot more mature and handle alot more than she did! Needless to say she is not invited to VR, neither is anyone else on that side. Didn't mean to rant on your thread, but wanted to let you know you weren't alone. If you ever need someone to comiserate with, I am available.

In regard to your upcoming plans, I wholeheartedly endorse all three. We love Disney Cruises. Our DVC is one of the best decisions we ever made and planning our VR has been a ton of fun! If you have any questions, about any of them, I am here for that too! You offered to help on my DIY projects, so it's the least I can do.

Can't wait to see the DPS pics and hear about all of the good things that happened that day! Your anniversary is the day after mine. Love October weddings!
I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience with your MOH too, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one! I don't feel like I asked much of everyone. People! Geez.

DH is super excited about the cruise and DVC, but I think it will take a little more coercing to get my VR! He wants to wait til the 10 year, and I want a 5 year. (well, let's be honest, 1 year works for me too!)
And the DIY offer still stands! I miss hot glue burned fingers!

October is my favorite month. (probably because of my birthday!) Although, there is nothing better than October in the mountains of North Carolina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Wow, that is so sad! And it makes me angry for you too, that other people let their personal drama have an affect on your special day! It sounds bad enough not even knowing what else happened to you during the week. I feel so bad for you

But I am still looking forward to the TR!
Thanks! It's so nice to have support! Thank goodness I found the boards! I'm trying really hard to get over it, but it's so hard. They were the one group of people I was CERTAIN I could count on. And they turned out to cause the most trouble. Funny how that happens, huh? I'm getting on the TR, promise! I'm just waiting on pics from...guess who? That same family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Just got caught up and am knowing how you feel. It hurt me to write bad reviews and made me fell like a brat. I'm hoping that writing the fun parts about the trip will bring the closure and I think it will. I can't wait to read more!
As I was reading your PJ/TR, I kept thinking, "she knows exactly how I feel!" Although the situations are different, the emotions are the same! I wanted to cry for you, because I knew EXACTLY how you were feeling. I think that writing out everything and being totally honest will go a long way to put everything into perspective for sure. And I'm so glad we have a place like the Dis where we are so supported and supportive and we CAN be honest. Isn't it awesome! Here's to our awesome weddings DESPITE all the CRAP we had to deal with!!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #198
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Day One-Part One

Monday, October 10th: So we got up super early (around 4 AM) to get ready and head over to WDW from Daytona. DH, MIL, and I drove over to Bonnet Creek to meet MOH2 and FG and drove them over to MK. As it was everyone’s first time at WDW, we wanted to make sure that they got to see the opening show and rope drop. The original plan was to see if they could get picked for Family of the Day, but since half of her family was MIA, we just settled for rope drop. When we arrived to pick up MOH2, we dropped off a carload of stuff in their room. GM’s aunt and mom wanted to be with us at MK to see FG’s first time at Disney. Well, they weren’t even up when we got there. After a while, the aunt made an appearance as we were leaving, and said that they would be right behind us. Yeah, ok. Whatever lady. So we pile in the car and head over to MK. We had to pickup everyone’s tickets at TTC and then we took the monorail over to MK and waited on 8:45. FG and I had so much fun dancing around and waiting. Then a CM gave us confetti to throw and FG was so excited.

Then we were off!

We stopped to get a few Photopass pics (which I will have to upload later) and then headed straight to see Rapunzel. The wait wasn’t too bad...maybe 15 minutes. Ayla’s face was amazing! It was her first real life Princess. She said, “Aunt Allie! She’s REAL!” It was adorable. DH and I went to get a few pics with Rapunzel after Ayla was done and she was really excited about our ears and buttons. We wore the ears the whole trip but wore our “Happily Ever After” buttons until the ceremony, and then switched over to our "Just Married" buttons after that. That way I didn’t feel like we were “cheating”

Anyway, Rapunzel says, “He must be your dream!” and she was so sweet! It was fun! After that, we went to the castle. I think Ayla was a little disappointed. I’m pretty sure that she thought it would be like a house you could go in. I remember feeling the same way when I first saw the castle. (I kinda still feel this way. I want to have a place to go in and pretend like I live there!!) I can’t remember which ride we were headed to at that point, but we ended up on Snow White because there was no wait. I thought maybe Ayla would be a little scared, but she LOVED it! As soon as we got off she wanted to ride again! Then we rode the carousel, and I found Cinderella’s horse for Ayla to ride. She was having a blast!

Around this time MOH2 started getting really nasty texts from the Aunt. She kept saying stuff like, “thanks for waiting on us. We really wanted to be here for Ayla. I guess that we aren’t welcome though.” “You know, it would be so considerate of you to stop and wait on us to catch up with you. Or, we could just go to the room since we obviously aren’t welcome.” Literally crap like that. She had MOH2 in a complete meltdown. And I was already DONE with her. If it weren’t for my baby girl, I would have told her off and left them all. You’re ruining everyone’s trip lady! But of course, she’s not my family, and so we had to wait on them to catch up. They finally did, and then we walked at a snail’s pace and didn’t really get to see much after that. Aunt got mad because Ayla wanted to hold my hand and ride with me on everything, and kept trying to force her away from me. It was obnoxious and pathetic! This a 50 something year old woman. Grow up lady! We rode It’s a Small World, and Ayla and MOH2 were in awe of all the colors! Lol. Then it was off to HM. I was sure that Ayla would be scared of this one. But I was wrong. She LOVED it. During the scariest parts, I went to hold her tight, but she was dancing away in the doombuggy and pointing stuff out to me. At one point she squeals, “Aunt Allie it’s a dance party!” and gives me this huge happy hug. Then it was off to POTC. We stopped and watched Jack Sparrow for a minute, and then headed over to the ride. This was really special for me because POTC is my favorite, and Ayla and I watch the movies together all the time. So we were both excited to do this one together. Aunt tried to get her to sit with her, but Ayla refused and almost started crying. Oh well, sorry! She loves me more! Haha.

After that, we grabbed a Dole Whip and waited in line to see Ariel. Ariel is FG’s all-time favorite. It was so amazing to see her meet her for the first time! At one point, Ayla said something to Ariel, and Ariel burst out laughing. Then Eric bent down and they both started cracking up at Ayla! They almost broke character they were laughing so hard. We still have no idea what she said to them. But with FG, there is no telling! It was awesome!! DH and I posed for a few shots with Ariel and Eric, and they both had fun posing us in “wedding poses” as she called them.

After this, everyone decided that they were hungry, so they grabbed a burger at Pecos Bill. DH and I were full from our Dole Whip, and so we just sat there and hung out with them. My MIL wanted to ride Splash Mountain, but we didn’t get there. She was tired, and MOH2 and I had to go.

As part of her wedding gift to me, MOH2 booked us to get massages and facials, and a mani/pedi before the wedding. Our massage/facial appointment was at 3, and she booked at some random place in downtown Orlando. The girl on the phone told her it was a 15 min drive from WDW, and since she’d never been to WDW before, she had no clue how wrong this lady was! It was around 1:30 and we still had to get out of MK to the TTC to the car, and drop off DH and MIL at Bonnet Creek to get MOH2’s car, and head over to the “salon.” I kept trying to hurry everyone along, but they had no sense of urgency whatsoever. Not even with me freaking out and telling them to hurry. I just need to interject here that this was the theme for the whole damn wedding week. Me and DH hurrying everyone along, everyone acting like they had all the time in the world, and being late or rushed for everything. GRRRRR!!!!

So we are trying to get out of MK, and Ayla is crying because she is so tired. The girl was quite literally BEGGING to go back to the room and take a nap. That’s unusual for her. But Aunt and Gma would have none of that, so we left FG with her Aunt and Grandmother and headed out of the park. (I just have to say that the whole time we were with them, the Aunt kept talking about how she had a great surprise for Ayla, and “just hold on cause they’d be doing something fun and special really soon. Just wait...blah blah blah...”Like hanging out with her favorite person in the world (ME!) wasn’t fun or special. Ayla didn’t care though. She just wanted to hang with me! Take that you old biddie! Haha...Turns out the “special” thing that Aunt had planned for them was the Country Bear Jamboree. Now, I don’t mean to rag on the people that love CBJ. No offense whatsoever. But in our welcome packet, we made a list of Must See’s and Skip It’s. Guess which list CBJ is on? Ayla hated it. And that, I’m only slightly ashamed to say, makes me happy. Lol!! Next up, Day 1 part 2...Deana and Allison drive all over Orlando to get a crappy facial!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #199
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Just a quick side note to say that my pictures from Disney FINALLY came! They are pretty good. We got the disc with all the images on it, so as soon as that comes in the mail, I'll go through and post the good ones. I don't know if I will post the link or not. There are A LOT of crappy random pics thrown in. And I'm not sure that I want to subject the world to some of them! Did you really need to capture that picture of me shoving desserts in my face at the dessert party? Could you please photoshop the bags under my eyes during the 6 AM photo shoot? geez. Anyway, I will be posting the better pics soon! Glad to have the link almost 6 weeks after the wedding day! FINALLY!!!! Now, I just have to wait another couple of weeks for the album and the hi res disc. Thanks Disney photography for completely ruining my Christmas present ideas! But better late than never I guess!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #200
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

-Woohoo! You started your TR!
-Your FG is sooooo cute.
-Do you cry during this ceremony? Because I do. Just sayin.
-So I’m not gonna lie: I didn’t like Tangled all that much. But Rapunzel is sooo cute!
-You sound like SUCH a good Aunt.
-This aunt sounds like a nightmare!!
-The Ariel and Eric in Adventureland are the BEST with character interaction. They spend so much time with the kiddies!
-CBJ was the big surprise? Really? Like, really? I wish Ayla had gotten terrified of the bears, just to show the Aunt! HA!
-Glad your pics came, FINALLY. Late, but finally.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #201
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

* I'm so glad you finally got your pics from Disney! I know you've been waiting for them for quite some time.
* Your pictures of MK are so sweet and awesome!
* I love hearing about your experiences with FG. I would love to experience Disney through a child's eyes. I wish I could afford to take my cousins but I can't right now. They are 6, so I'm hoping that we can go when they are 9 and it will still be magical for them.
* That aunt sounds like such a huge witch! It makes me mad and I'm sorry she was ruining your day. That's such an awful position to be in, since you can't really do anything about it since it isn't your family!
* Haha I am dying to know what your FG said to Ariel and Eric!! I guess it will always be a mystery
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #202
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
-Woohoo! You started your TR!
-Your FG is sooooo cute.
-Do you cry during this ceremony? Because I do. Just sayin.
-So I’m not gonna lie: I didn’t like Tangled all that much. But Rapunzel is sooo cute!
-You sound like SUCH a good Aunt.
-This aunt sounds like a nightmare!!
-The Ariel and Eric in Adventureland are the BEST with character interaction. They spend so much time with the kiddies!
-CBJ was the big surprise? Really? Like, really? I wish Ayla had gotten terrified of the bears, just to show the Aunt! HA!
-Glad your pics came, FINALLY. Late, but finally.

-Started and then abruptly abandoned! I was in a really bad wedding funk for awhile, and had to take a break. But I *think* I am ready to get this thing done! Definitely in a better place!
-I know right? I am so in love with that child!
-I cry at everything at Disney. Thank God I'm not the only one! When we see the welcome sign, the ceremony, the fireworks, the music, the dole whip...yeah, pretty much cry the whole time at WDW. And I go EVERY WEEKEND. And still cry. I'm a disney trainwreck.
-I LOVE Tangled. I have such a crush on Flynn Rider. And Maximus reminds me of my dog Maverick.
-Thank you! I try to be (even though I'm not REALLY her Aunt) I love that kid so much!
-Nightmare is putting it mildly. So, I just said I'm not really Ayla's aunt right? Well, technically, the Aunt isn't really either. She's Ayla's DAD's aunt. Whatever. The day of my wedding, Aunt updates her FB status to say how much fun she's having with the family. Ok, cool whatever. Then, she comments on the status and says, "An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship." WFT?! Really? Passive aggressive and just plain nasty!! Grrr.
-I always love seeing Ariel and Eric. You are so right. They are the best!
-Now every time we are near the CBJ, DH says "I have a special surprise just for you! Its the CBJ! We are going to watch it over and over again, cause it's soo awesome!"
-Pics were a disaster, but I'm in a good place now, and once I get them all edited, I will be photo bombing this TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
* I'm so glad you finally got your pics from Disney! I know you've been waiting for them for quite some time.
* Your pictures of MK are so sweet and awesome!
* I love hearing about your experiences with FG. I would love to experience Disney through a child's eyes. I wish I could afford to take my cousins but I can't right now. They are 6, so I'm hoping that we can go when they are 9 and it will still be magical for them.
* That aunt sounds like such a huge witch! It makes me mad and I'm sorry she was ruining your day. That's such an awful position to be in, since you can't really do anything about it since it isn't your family!
* Haha I am dying to know what your FG said to Ariel and Eric!! I guess it will always be a mystery
*It was quite the letdown, but I too am glad to finally have them!
*That's just because Ayla is so freakin' precious!
*I got to see WDW through Ayla's and my nephew Andy's eyes. (more on him soon!) and it was the BEST part of the wedding week. I had so much fun. 9 will still be an awesome age. I went for the first time when I was almost 7, and then again when I was 12, and it was even more magical in some ways, cause I could remember, and comprehend more. You guys will have so much fun!!
*Ruining things is definitely her forte. And she is far from done, let me tell you. If I never see that woman again, it will be too soon!
*I asked Ayla the other day, and this is all I got out of her. Sounds farfetched, so I don't know how based in reality it is, but....
She says that Ariel told her she looked like Melanie, and did Ayla know who that is? And Ayla said, "Yes! She's from So You Think You Can Dance!" And then they started laughing. : Who knows? But it was SOOO cute!!!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #203
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

TR Day 1 Part2: (finally!!)

So MOH2 and I hopped in her car and headed to our appointment, and DH and MIL headed back to Daytona. DH wanted to stay at WDW and do some more stuff, but MIL was tired and having none of that. So, they drove home, took a nap, and went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. MOH2 and I were trying to use her car’s GPS, which had us 45 minutes away from our destination (which MOH2 was told would take 15 min). Which we had only 25 minutes before our appointment, which I tried to tell MOH2 while I was trying to get them to book it out of the park, but no one would listen! GRR!!! Anyway, the GPS sucked and had us going on the FL Turnpike. I’m thinking, I can get us there so much easier without having to go on the toll road. I used to live in Orlando for a short while back in college, and I am semi-familiar with the area. So we used my phone’s GPS and by-passed the turnpike. While we are navigating crazy Orlando traffic and trying not to be so late, MOH2 decides to call her husband and fill him in on what’s been going on with his family. This is all done over the car’s speakers so I am sitting there feeling mighty uncomfortable and stressed out as they have a family crisis. Good thing we are headed to a massage and a facial to relax us! So in the midst of the phone call, MOH2 misses our turnoff and we have to back track. When we finally get to the address that the GPS took us, we are in what seems to be a residential neighborhood filled with townhomes. We walk up to the door, but there are no signs anywhere. So we go through a side gate and try there. Nothing. MOH2 calls them and we try the front door again. Locked. So now, we are SUPER stressed out and about 20 minutes late. The girl finally answers the phone, and the door at the same time, and thank goodness, we are in the right place. I have a pounding headache by this point and all my muscles are knotted up. Thank god I’m getting a massage!!!

So they let us in to this tiny little space. It looks like an office with one chair for pedicures, a room off to the side, and a table in the corner for mani’s. The girl explained to us that the girl that does massages didn’t show up today, so all we could have was the facial. And instead of fighting it, MOH2 says ok that’s fine. NO!! It’s not fine! My body is aching for a massage! You have me so stressed out I can’t stand it!! But I don’t say anything. After all, this is a gift, and I don’t want to be an ungrateful bridezilla. So then, they get us set up for our facials, but explain that since the wedding is so close, they aren’t going to do half of it, because it would open our pores too much and actually cause blemishes, and NO! I definitely don’t want that. And somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this, but didn’t want to hurt MOH2’s feelings by saying no. So, they take us back and we get into our spa robes and lie down on the table. They turn on a CD with soothing music, do a mask on our faces, and leave us there for about 20 min. After about 5 minutes, the CD goes off, and all we can hear is lawn mowers, cars, and kids yelling. Ahh...how relaxing! And my head and body hurt so bad, that I can’t stand it, and I’m wiggling around all over that table trying to get comfy. The girls finally come in and wash off the mask, and massage my face, and neck a little bit. That was the best part! We got dressed and paid. The girl didn’t get all the mask off my face, so I’m picking dried green mask off my face and the bridge of my nose, all while trying to get MOH2 back to WDW. Gross.

By the time we got back to the hotel, I had 2 spots coming up on my face. Great. I had a rough time the couple months before the wedding with acne. I guess it was from stress, cause I usually don’t have much of a problem. Maybe one during my period, but usually, my skin’s not too bad. I religiously cleansed and buffed, and masked, and acne creamed, and you name it, to make sure I didn’t break out on the wedding day. And in the course of an hour, I have two pop up. Grrr!! So I get to the hotel and wash with my regular face wash. (Luckily, they stayed relatively small, and I took care of them with concealer on wedding day).

Once back at the hotel, MOH2 called to see where Ayla was, and couldn’t get an answer. She wanted them to bring her back around 5 so that she could take a nap before the three of us went to MNSSHP that night. Queue more stress. We made sandwiches and lounged around waiting on them to get back. They brought FG back around 6:15. By then, it was time to get ready for MNSSHP, and she had missed her nap. So we dressed her up in this cute little outfit MOH2 found on ebay, and Aunt decided she wanted to put makeup on FG. FG wanted sparkles, and of course, I had sparkles! (I’m THAT girl!) haha. So I went and got her some eyeshadow. Next thing I know, I walk into the bedroom/bathroom and there is Aunt, rummaging through my makeup, stuff everywhere, and she and my 5 year old FG are going to town with my wedding makeup. I was livid. I said something like, “oh, I see you’ve found my wedding makeup! Maybe you can use some of my everyday stuff, that way this won’t get messed up.” She smirked at me (GRRRRRRR) and said, “oh, I had no idea this was yours.” Yeah right. You watched me get the eyeshadow, and it’s sitting there in MY room with MY stuff. Then she kept making comments about how she wished SHE was invited to the MNSSHP with us, how much does it cost, yada yada. Stop trying to invade my wedding week! Gah!! MOH2 and I both ignored her, but she kept on and on, so finally I told her how much the ticket was. She was like “nevermind!” For once I was SO glad how expensive Disney can be!! Aunt got these sparkly earrings for Ayla to wear for her birthday, so we put those on and we were off!! (sparkly earrings come into play later). I instantly felt better now that I had my baby girl with me, cuddled up on my lap on the monorail, and we had SUCH a good time that night! Next up....My “bachelorette” party with a 5 year old! Haha!!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #204
DisneyBamaBride
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to make bags too. What program did you use to design your wedding emblem on your bags and door hangers? I'm on an iPad 2, which is the only thingi have to use. And how did you make it an iron on,purchased iron on fabric from michaels or a craft store and printed directly on it?
DisneyBamaBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #205
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBamaBride View Post
I'm trying to make bags too. What program did you use to design your wedding emblem on your bags and door hangers? I'm on an iPad 2, which is the only thingi have to use. And how did you make it an iron on,purchased iron on fabric from michaels or a craft store and printed directly on it?
We mostly used Word in publishing mode and GIMP (photoshop's free version) a little bit. We got the iron-on sheets from Michael's and printed directly on them. SUCH an easy process! And very cheap. I just have to warn you though...The first round I did, I forgot to mirror the image, so it ironed on backwards! whoops. So make sure you flip the image! haha!

Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #206
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Day 1 Part 3
MNSSHP

Deana, Ayla and I drove over to MK and arrived just as MNSSHP was getting underway. We got our wristbands and headed in. It was soo much fun seeing all the costumes. It was my first time, and I had a hard time getting used to non cast member grown ups dressed up. There were quite a few good costumes, and a few people I still am not sure whether they were cast members or not! Haha. We wandered for a while, and Ayla wanted to ride the big scary rides, so we hopped on Space Mountain with no wait. She was so scared, but had so much fun! Then we did some trick or treating, met Aurora and Prince Philip and watched the parade.

It was soo crowded, and as we were waiting for the parade to start, people kept trying to dash across the street, through the barriers, and stand in the walkways. The cast member working crowd control was a parade nazi! He was screaming and yelling at people to keep walking, move over, you can’t go that way! He was ridiculous!

After the parade, we made the candy rounds again, rode Pirates and Splash Mountain, and stopped to visit with the characters.

Ayla wanted to see Ariel again, so we went over to her “spot.” Well, we didn’t find Ariel, but we DID find a buff naked man in her place.
Deana and I had a fit over Tarzan. I couldn’t believe that there was such a scantily clad man working at WDW. We ogled and giggled, and finally Deana is like, “You HAVE to get your picture made with him. And we HAVE to send a copy to Joey.” So, Ayla and I get in line to meet Tarzan, and all of a sudden, I have me a little impromptu bachelorette party at MNSSHP. Tarzan was ridiculous. A half naked man, crouched down on his knuckles talking in broken sentences. Sooo funny. He kept saying things like, “Tarzan like hair. Girl live in Jungle? Tarzan live in jungle. Girl have pretty smile.” It was just hilarious! It took all I had not to laugh in his face. So we got our pictures made, and Deana immediately sent it to Joey. He was a good sport and just laughed at us.

After Tarzan and more candy, we caught the fireworks and the villain dance party afterwards. Then we did a little birthday shopping for Ayla, and she got some pixie dust at Castle Couture. And that child STILL has glitter in her hair. That stuff is ridiculous! haha.

By this point, I’d been up since 4 AM, and I was soo exhausted. So we made our way back to the TTS via the ferryboat. On the way, Ayla was getting sleepy and we tried to get her earrings out before she fell asleep on us. Well, no lie, these were the earrings from HELL!! They had a little barb on the back of them, and it hooked into the other side. Well, poor child has sensitive ears anyway, and gets a little anxious about putting earrings in or taking them out, so I was squeezing her hand, and Deana was trying to get these bad boys out of her poor ears. They wouldn’t budge, and apparently were hurting her pretty badly. She was crying and screaming the whole ferry ride over. It was AWFUL!!! Finally we just gave up. We eventually got the suckers out, but we had to wait til she fell asleep and then took wire cutters and cut them out of her ears. It was terrible. Leave it up to the Aunt to buy the most awful, painful earrings she could find and give them to a 5 year old. After we got Ayla in bed, we sat up and talked to for a while and just tried to wind down. Eventually, we went to bed around 2 AM.

Day 2 Part 1

I woke up early the next morning before anyone else with one of the worst headaches I’ve ever had. It was pounding! So, at 6AM, I got up and had a redbull and a couple Alleve. I’m not going to lie. Redbull is one of my best friends. I LOVE redbull. I really have a problem. But even I have never had one that early in the morning. (Although it was to become a pattern on this trip. Can we say 10AM ceremony, 7 AM breakfast, and 6AM photo shoot?) There was a lot of redbull consumed on this trip! Haha! The redbull helped, but I still had a headache the rest of the day.

It was so nice to sit on the balcony and look over WDW. It was one of the only quiet down times I had the whole trip and I am really grateful for it. We were at Bonnet Creek, on the 22nd floor, and I could see The Tower of Terror and the hot air balloon in the distance. It was cool and quiet and peaceful. Finally, everyone woke up and we had breakfast and hung out in the suite for a while. Aunt and Grandma took Ayla somewhere and Deana and I packed up my stuff and got ready for my parents to arrive! Finally, Joey called and said that they were pulling into Pop, so we packed up the car and drove over! I was SOOOO excited to see them!

Me being super excited:

Deana left to go get ready for our nail appointment, and I went to hang out with my parents for a while before it was time to go. After we got them checked in and settled in the room, we went to the cafeteria and grab a bite of lunch. I had the chicken parmesan, and my parents split the tuna salad sandwich. Both were really good considering where we were. We hung out for a while, and then it was time to go. I didn’t want to leave my parents just yet, and I was dragging my heels a bit, which caused us to be late for our appointment (AGAIN). Which caused more drama. Yup, there’s a bridal breakdown coming up soon!

Last edited by FlamingoAllie; 04-20-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #207
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Ok, so it’s been over 6 months since we got hitched and I haven’t even been on the boards in over 3 months. Geez! What’s wrong with me? I doubt there is anyone left out there reading or interested.. Can’t say that I blame you! Haha! BUT...I am determined to finish this thing. If nothing else, so that I can have a concise memory of my wedding! Since it’s been a while, a few of my memories are a bit fuzzy, but I think I can finally manage to get this thing finished!

So I left off on day 2 (day 2? Really? Lame), and MaOH and I were headed off to get mani/pedis. We arrived almost 15 minutes late and the girl at the desk was rather rude about it. Turns out, Deana had booked us 2 hours for our appt. but some stupid person at the salon had double booked our last 45 minutes. Really?! So that, on top of our late arrival, meant that the girl (who was the only one there) only had time for 1 mani/pedi. Of course, Deana insisted that I should be the one to get them, I was after all the bride, but I felt soo horrible that I made us late, and that she had done this for me, and I insisted that she had to get hers done too. Since we were wearing Converse, I told her we’d get our nails done and forget about the pedis. No one was going to see our toes anyway. She adamantly refused and I lost it. Straight up heaving sobs in the middle of this salon with the random girl looking at me like I was crazy.

Which is exactly the way I felt. So finally Deana gave in, and agreed that we’d both get our nails done, and if there was time, I’d get a pedi too. So I went first. Now, originally, I had decided that I wanted a French manicure with gel nails and a small band of glitter between the white and pink. But this place didn’t have that capability and only did regular manis on your real nails. Since I was planning on getting fake, my real nails were too short for what I envisioned in my head. At first I was so disappointed, but the girl assured me that she could still do the French mani on my real nail and it would look fine. So she started on my nails and did a really good job. I didn’t ask for the glitter, since we were under time constraints and I didn’t want to seem like more of a bridezilla than I already felt. She put shellac on my nails and I swear that stuff is amazing! My nails never chipped or messed up. It lasted until I finally trimmed it all off weeks and weeks later. Highly recommend it! So, at first I was so upset about not having yet another thing I’d imagined for my wedding day, but looking at the pics and back on the day, I LOVED my nails. After Deana’s nails were finished, we only had time to do a quick polish on my toes instead of a full on pedi and we were done. On the way home, Deana wanted to stop at Target and get a stroller for Ayla, because she was so tired from walking the first day. She also debated on whether or not to wait around and pick up her husband (and a GM) from the airport. I was not a happy girl. I hadn’t seen my parents in 3 months and all I wanted was to get back and spend time with them. Plus, I was mad at Quillon (Q from now on) for bailing on us after promising that his new job wouldn’t interfere with the wedding. So we did go to Target, but Deana decided to let him take the ME to the hotel. So we grabbed a few 12 packs of sodas, finally found a stroller and headed back to Disney. (The stroller that Ayla NEVER used by the way! Grr).

So, when I come back, ready for some rest and QT with my family, and find Joey and my dad at the concierge desk, and neither look happy. I rushed over to see what was wrong, realizing that the drama free afternoon I was hoping for wasn’t going to happen. The tuxedos were supposed to be delivered to Pop that morning, and Joey was just getting around to pick them up, so that the guys could try them on. And no one could find the tuxes. Ahhh!!!

Disney was so helpful and calming, especially once I arrived. I think my earlier meltdown was still all over my face, cause the first thing the lady helping us said to me, was “Don’t panic. I will handle this. No stress for the bride” in this very calming soothing voice. So they called Men’s Wearhouse, and they claimed that they had delivered the tuxes as scheduled early that morning. So, Disney sent someone else to look again. Nothing. So Disney swears they don’t have them, and MW swears that they delivered them. The lady helping us (oh, I wish I could remember her name) gets this low tone of voice and very calmly, but menacingly, explains to MW that they should look again just to make sure. Finally, MW discovers that when they dropped off our tuxes, that they picked up someone else’s. And somehow, the doofus doing the dropping off and picking up, picked up EVERYTHING and took it back to MW, including our tuxes that he’d just dropped off. Gah! Really? So they said they’d bring them over right away, and another crisis diverted. Whew. They delivered the tuxes within an hour and Joey and my dad went to try everything on, and thankfully, everything fit perfectly.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. I spent the evening hanging out by the pool with my mom, dad, Joey, and MIL. Then we ate something unmemorable from the cafeteria, headed to my parents’ room and just lounged around watching TV and relaxing. I had thought about sneaking over to MK and watching fireworks, but I was so exhausted that Joey and I passed out pretty early.

Up next, my nephew (and favorite person on the planet!) finally arrives and the wedding festivities get into full swing!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #208
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

We woke up early (after the only good night’s sleep I was going to get the whole trip!) super excited because all the fun stuff was about to begin! Everyone was arriving today and we were ready for fun in the parks, family luncheon, and the welcome party that night. We met Katie Sue, (technically a BM, although she stood up on Joey’s side) in the lobby at POP to visit for a bit before we sent her off to explore AK. She went solo, and I feel bad about it, but she had a blast and we just couldn’t fit it into our schedule. Before she left, we pulled her Photopass card out of her welcome bag, so she could get pictures for us.

Then we met my mom and dad, and Joey’s mom in the cafeteria for breakfast. Then it was time for Steffi (Joey’s sister) and Andy (our nephew) to arrive! I was so excited to see them. I love my nephew more than anything in the world. He is the love of my life, coolest kid ever. Ayla, my FG loves him too. She’s decided that they are going to get married at Disney when they grow up. Which is a-okay by me! My two favorite kids getting married in my favorite place? Then I would really be her “Aunt Allie” Andy isn’t too keen on the idea yet, but he’s only 7, so hopefully he’ll come around! Haha. They finally arrived and we got them settled into their room and then it was time for the family luncheon!

We hopped a Disney bus over to DTD and met up with Joey’s dad, Marlowe and his stepmom, Diane at Rainforest Café. We had a blast! It was one of my favorite memories of the trip. Marlowe and Diane got us a cake, and had little favor bags for everyone, and it was so nice to just sit and visit with our two families. They also got us two Rainforest Café pilsners and filled them with hershey’s kisses and some mint with a hundred dollar bill wrapper. Anyone know what those are called? I hate chocolate and mints haha, but the gesture was so sweet. Diane said it was to symbolize the hundreds of kisses we will share. Aww!

So after completely stuffing ourselves, we said goodbye to Marlowe and Diane and my mom and dad, and headed for DHS. Andy wanted to ride the Tower of Terror and that’s all he’d been talking about for months, so we were going to do that first. We met up with Katie Sue and made our way in. On the way the Pixar parade came through and it was amazing to see Andy’s face when he saw those characters. He was in complete awe and waved to every single character. It was so sweet.

The parks weren’t busy at all and we waited maybe 10 minutes for Tower. Andy sat in between Joey and I and he was sooo excited. He was holding my hand and after the first drop I looked over at him fully expecting to see delight on his face. Uh, not quite. Sheer terror was more like it. I’ve never seen a kid that scared! I felt sooo bad. He didn’t cry, but he was close. He’s a tough kid though, cause he was ready to tackle RNR next. He was scared at first, but he really had fun on that one. My favorite DHS memory with Andy though, has to be the Great Movie Ride. He LOVES the wizard of Oz, so I was so excited for him to see that part. When we got to Dorothy and the gang in front of the Emerald City, that precious boy starting waving at them! He totally thought they were real, and it took me back to being a kid again, and really shows the magic of Disney. So adorable! We rode more rides and shopped for a while, then it was time to head back to the hotel and start getting ready for the welcome party.

Last edited by FlamingoAllie; 04-27-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #209
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Yay your back.

Don't make us wait so long again for an update lol.

So cute with Andy and the wizard of Oz scene on GMR

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #210
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Yay your back.

Don't make us wait so long again for an update lol.

So cute with Andy and the wizard of Oz scene on GMR
Yeah, I've had a hard time dealing with the wedding. Definitely had a love/hate relationship with everything, and it took a long time to find my happy place regarding everything. It's sooo good to be back and hopefully I can get this thing done soon!

Glad to see there's someone out there still reading! I figured everyone would've given up on me by now!

Andy is amazing!

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: