Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #151
pinkfairy1684
Mouseketeer

Oh, Allie! The updates are wonderful!!!! Your FG is sooooo darn cute!

I can't believe how close you are getting....
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #152
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Ack this was a great update, Allie! You are SO CLOSE EEEEEE!!!!!!!

First, I LOVE your flower girl. She is ADORABLE! Like, OMG. Her little flower girl rant--- HA! I love her (and I hate kids ).

I also LOVE those mickey ribbon wands! They look amazing; totally like something you could buy in a store. Actually, if they had that in a store, I would definitely buy it. And wave it around like a princess. Yep.

I might just be dumb, but I haven't the slightest idea what a wine box ceremony is; however, it sounds awesome, so I will assume it is. And your menu cards are sooooo pretty. :D

Good idea with the ring! And it's still a ring you can have forevs.

However, I have some awful news... the princess clutch is sold out at the Disney Store online. It was sold out at my local disney store too. I REALLY hope you can find one! <3

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #153
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I love your idea for the ring! It's definitely the perfect thing until you find one that is just right for you. And good luck finding that clutch - I know it's been popular but I did see it about a week ago at a Disney Store in NY, so maybe it's still around at the one by you! Or they will get it in stock online again soon, hopefully
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #154
Tinker Bell Fan
DIS Veteran

Allie - I just came across your PJ and I must say 1) Congrats and 2) WOW! I just love all your ideas. And your dress is just beautiful!

We had Tanis as our planner for our VR - she's awesome.

And if DH & I are still in Disney on your day - I might just show up at Sea Breeze to catch a glimpse. DH & I will be in Disney on 10/7 and will be leaving on the 13th!

Wishing you both much love & happiness!
Me (Michelle) Hubby (Steve) dog (Muffy) cat (RIP - Kaht - 1990-2011) DVC members since 2006 (SSR) Trips: 1976 (off-sight); 1994 (Coronado); 1990 (off-site); 2006 (FW cabin; SSR); 2007 (SSR); 2008 (SSR); 2009 (SSR); 2011 (BWV; SSR); 2012 (BWV)
Tinker Bell Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #155
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
Oh, Allie! The updates are wonderful!!!! Your FG is sooooo darn cute!

I can't believe how close you are getting....
Thanks!! Yay for less than a month! Isn't FG the most precious thing? She is a hoot!! And apparently, just like me when I was little. We have so much fun together! I miss her so much now that I'm here in FL and she's still in NC. Breaks my heart not to see her everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Ack this was a great update, Allie! You are SO CLOSE EEEEEE!!!!!!!

First, I LOVE your flower girl. She is ADORABLE! Like, OMG. Her little flower girl rant--- HA! I love her (and I hate kids ).

I also LOVE those mickey ribbon wands! They look amazing; totally like something you could buy in a store. Actually, if they had that in a store, I would definitely buy it. And wave it around like a princess. Yep.

I might just be dumb, but I haven't the slightest idea what a wine box ceremony is; however, it sounds awesome, so I will assume it is. And your menu cards are sooooo pretty. :D

Good idea with the ring! And it's still a ring you can have forevs.

However, I have some awful news... the princess clutch is sold out at the Disney Store online. It was sold out at my local disney store too. I REALLY hope you can find one! <3
First off, isn't FG just fabulous!? She is such a little diva. I swear she's smarter and more fun than a lot of adults I know.

I didn't know what a wine box ceremony was at first either. I had to google it. But it is awesome! You get a box, 1 or 2 bottles of wine and 2 wine glasses. Then you and DF write a letter to each other about why you love each other, how you feel about getting married, etc. then at the ceremony, you put it all in a box and seal it up. Now, if at any point in the marriage, if you are having trouble, or just ready to give it all up, before you call it quits, you open up the box, pour the wine, and take the letters into separate rooms. The idea is that hopefully, it will remind you why you are together and keep it that way! And if there is no trouble, on your 10th or 20th wedding anniversary, you open it up and celebrate! I thought it was super sweet! Speaking of which...I gotta go write that letter!!

Glad you like the wands! i stress so much about how my DIY turns out! I'm always scared that it'll look like a 3rd grade art project!

Ok, I'm not going to lie...I am seriously stressed and bummed about that bag!! I knew I should've snatched it up right away, but I let FH talk me out of it. Grr!! Why did I listen to a man about shopping?!? I'm going to call all the Disney Stores in the area, and hopefully I'll have some luck. There really isn't a store close by, but I am ready to go on a tour of Florida to get it if I have to! Cross your fingers! And thank you for giving me the heads up, so now I have a little time to figure something else out if I need to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I love your idea for the ring! It's definitely the perfect thing until you find one that is just right for you. And good luck finding that clutch - I know it's been popular but I did see it about a week ago at a Disney Store in NY, so maybe it's still around at the one by you! Or they will get it in stock online again soon, hopefully
Hopefully I can find the bag at one of the Disney Stores around here! I've looked for SO LONG!! I'm so bummed! Well, there's always ebay! Where I can pay double the price for it, because I'm silly enough to want it that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker Bell Fan View Post
Allie - I just came across your PJ and I must say 1) Congrats and 2) WOW! I just love all your ideas. And your dress is just beautiful!

We had Tanis as our planner for our VR - she's awesome.

And if DH & I are still in Disney on your day - I might just show up at Sea Breeze to catch a glimpse. DH & I will be in Disney on 10/7 and will be leaving on the 13th!

Wishing you both much love & happiness!
Thanks for reading my PJ and all your kind words!! I like Tanis a lot. She's sometimes hard to get a hold of, but I know she's super busy. But she goes above and beyond to make sure things are perfect. I've been really lucky and I'm so grateful for her!

We are getting married on the 13th at 10 AM...So by all means, if you are still around, come stalk us a bit!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #156
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

10 More Days!!!!!!

ok....so I have ten days left, and I just realized, that I haven't updated in a million years! And I have lots to update, as I'm sure you can imagine. A lot of DIY projects and finalized plans, MOH and guest rants, stress, happiness, you name it, I've got it for you! But I really want to take some pictures of what I've been up to before I do a full on update. I have a feeling that from here on out, my "updates" will turn into "recaps" as I struggle to keep up. This time next week, I will be on the road to Disney, to meet up with my MaOH and flower girl for their first time to Disney World ever!!! So excited! I can't wait to share that with them. Especially my FG. She has already decided that "I want to live at Disney World. But I'm not sure that they will let me. So, when I grow up, I want to work there." There will be no living with her after she actually sees the place! Now if only everyone else were as excited as she is....(more on THAT later...do you feel a rant coming on? I do!!)

So I figure I'll go ahead and rant away and get my bridezilla out of the way, then I can get to the fun stuff of projects and planning. But right now, I need coffee!!! And then, this will be me:

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #157
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, you're so close! And you are going to have an amazing day I love the way your FG is talking about Disney, I was the exact same way when my family was planning my first trip! I think I am still that way

Go ahead and rant away, I know I had a few good ones before the wedding!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #158
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

well my rant is out of the way for the day.... lets hear yours

you're very very close--and soon you'll be in your happy place--and it will all be good!!

we're here for you!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #159
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Aww!

Allie! Oh my goodness! You are so very close to the big day! Your wedding band is just beautiful and so creative, like everything you have done! Disney is such a wonderful and magical place and I think it's so sweet that you are getting a piece of jewelery that you can look at and not only will it remind you of what a beautiful special day your wedding day was but where it took place (not that you need a ring to remind you but it's such a cute and sweet idea).

B and I had our 1st planning session and it was wonderful. A whirlwind too but wonderful. If you have time check out my update: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2798263

Although I am sure you are SOOOO busy right now. You're so close and we are all so excited for you!
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #160
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Your FG has no idea what she is in for...well maybe a little. It is going to be amazing for her. AND YOU!

I am with you on the wishing everyone was as excited. The debbie downers are quite the buzz kill. But don't you let them or anyone bring you down. You are going to marry the man of your dreams in the most magical place on earth in just a few days. As long as you and the future hubby enjoy it and are excited then that is all that matters. We are here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
ok....so I have ten days left, and I just realized, that I haven't updated in a million years! And I have lots to update, as I'm sure you can imagine. A lot of DIY projects and finalized plans, MOH and guest rants, stress, happiness, you name it, I've got it for you! But I really want to take some pictures of what I've been up to before I do a full on update. I have a feeling that from here on out, my "updates" will turn into "recaps" as I struggle to keep up. This time next week, I will be on the road to Disney, to meet up with my MaOH and flower girl for their first time to Disney World ever!!! So excited! I can't wait to share that with them. Especially my FG. She has already decided that "I want to live at Disney World. But I'm not sure that they will let me. So, when I grow up, I want to work there." There will be no living with her after she actually sees the place! Now if only everyone else were as excited as she is....(more on THAT later...do you feel a rant coming on? I do!!)

So I figure I'll go ahead and rant away and get my bridezilla out of the way, then I can get to the fun stuff of projects and planning. But right now, I need coffee!!! And then, this will be me:

Happy Monday everyone!!!
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #161
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Your FG is so adorable. I love her. :D Congratulations on being SO close, Allie!!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #162
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Allie! Today is your wedding day! Congratulations and I hope you have an amazing day full of Disney magic!!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #163
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

HAPPY WEDDING DAY! I hope it was everything you dreamed of!!!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #164
pinkfairy1684
Mouseketeer

Happy wedding day, Allie! I hope your day was magical!!!
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #165
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Teaser pics!!

We are back! I'm a married woman!!! And as I predicted, I will have to do a few "recaps" to get you all caught up. I need to fill you in on the week before the wedding before I start on the wedding TR. I can honestly say that was the best and worst week of my life. While there were so many amazing and magical moments, there were just as many stressful and horrible moments to go with them! And while I am so so happy to be married, and loved most of the wedding week, I will say that at some points, I remember thinking, "It's a good thing I have a few days to calm down before I do my TR. Cause if I tried to do it right now, no one would EVER have a Disney wedding!" That's how bad it was at times! It will take me a while to muster up the energy to finish this PJ/TR, but for now, I'll leave you with a few pics to tide you over. Some of these DH took with his phone during our MK/Epcot photo shoot, and the others are from my mom. And sorry the pics are so huge, too lazy to resize! Enjoy!!!

On the way to the ceremony...I couldn't breathe!

Thanks for capturing this mom!

Walking over

Tanis telling me to boogie. I was a little emotional!

I love my nephew's face here. He is taking his job so seriously!

Dancing to Married Life from UP

Stand by Me

Our awesome shoes!!!

Dessert Party

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: