Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #136
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Everything is coming together very nicely! I love everything so far, especially the boutonnieres and jewelry!!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #137
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

That pic of the Boardwalk is just gorgeous! I can't believe it's a phone pic!

And I really love the bouts that you made. Your jewelry is beautiful as well, what a great find! I also love what you did with those flip flops, they look much better now!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #138
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say all of your DIY stuff looks great!! I really like your jewelry. Also love the hair inspiration pics!! Love everything!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #139
CositaRicaFabulosa
Earning My Ears

I'm having an Escape wedding at SBP, too, and that photo of yours has made me so excited to be there for the wedding. I've only been to the Boardwalk at night, and your photo is such a beautiful daytime shot.

CositaRicaFabulosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #140
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!! I've been such a bad disbride...but I promise, this afternoon I will finally sit down and update!!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #141
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

I have truly enjoyed reading your posts. I cannot believe how much time and effort you have put into all of the invitations, newsletters, decor, everything. And it is all so beautiful. You are very creative and I am sure your wedding is going ot be amazing.

Your dress is so pretty. It looks familair, is it a Casablanca? I LOVE their gowns, I think I will end up with one for our wedding. The fiance and I are set to wed on 10-14-12 at WP & ADH. Cannot wait!

Keep posting away, you are such a huge help and it is so fun to watch your journey.
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #142
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoAllie View Post
A few pics!

Dresssorry it's small)

Shoes! My mom and I have been fighting nonstop over these. She insists that I cant wear converse with a princess dress. But, I refuse to have tired, sore feet, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE these shoes!!

Cake topper: sorry it's so blurry.

Those shoes are absolutely awesome! I need to go look into those right away.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #143
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Everything is coming together nicely!!!! Love the photo very artsy!!!
Thank you so much! I think it's finally hit me that this is actually happening! So soon!

And I can't get over the fact that I took that pic with my phone. Granted, I used special effects, but it's so cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Everything is coming together very nicely! I love everything so far, especially the boutonnieres and jewelry!!!
Glad you like! The boutonnieres were a bit daunting. I was so afraid that I would make a big mess out of them, but it was really easy, and I like the way they turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
That pic of the Boardwalk is just gorgeous! I can't believe it's a phone pic!
I know right?! Fancy editing does wonders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
I just wanted to say all of your DIY stuff looks great!! I really like your jewelry. Also love the hair inspiration pics!! Love everything!!
Yay! Glad you like it! I really enjoy DIY, but sometimes think I make a mess rather than a work of crafty art. Glad to know it looks ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CositaRicaFabulosa View Post
I'm having an Escape wedding at SBP, too, and that photo of yours has made me so excited to be there for the wedding. I've only been to the Boardwalk at night, and your photo is such a beautiful daytime shot.
Thank you! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! It's nice to see another Escape bride in a sea of fabulous Wishes!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #144
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
I have truly enjoyed reading your posts. I cannot believe how much time and effort you have put into all of the invitations, newsletters, decor, everything. And it is all so beautiful. You are very creative and I am sure your wedding is going ot be amazing.

Your dress is so pretty. It looks familair, is it a Casablanca? I LOVE their gowns, I think I will end up with one for our wedding. The fiance and I are set to wed on 10-14-12 at WP & ADH. Cannot wait!

Keep posting away, you are such a huge help and it is so fun to watch your journey.
Thank you so much for your kind words!! You definitely made my day! I really enjoy doing my PJ, and really enjoy reading others', so it's awesome to know that someone else enjoys mine! I have had so much fun with all the DIY stuff. Being an Escape bride, for the longest time, all I had to do was sit around and wait on Disney. So the DIY was a great way to keep me from going insane! (Although I think it has driven my DF insane putting up with all my projects! hehe )

My dress is Oleg Cassini, but it does resemble a Casablanca doesn't it? I love Casablancas too! They definitely caught my eye during my dress search.

You do realize that your wedding day will coincide with my first year anniversary trip to WDW? I may have to come stalk your wedding! I hope your planning journey will be as much fun as mine has been. And I will definitely be living vicariously through you and other disbrides once my day is over! So make sure you do a planning journal!!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #145
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Ok ladies! So a month later, I finally have an update for you! At first, I didnt update because not a darn thing was happening, then I didnt update because there was SO MUCH going on I didnt have time to update! So brace yourselves, cause this has the potential to be a long one!! (And probably a little rambly and ADD...just so you've been warned).

Where to start?! I guess I left off right before my floral consult with Rosie. I love her! She was so sweet! We got almost everything figured out, she was supposed to send me a few pics of different options. Well, I hate to say that I'm STILL WAITING for her email. I've emailed her back 3 times with friendly reminders. And still nothing. Which I understand how busy everyone is, but we talked over a month ago. And I am one month from wedding day. Stressing out just a tiny little bit! So I don't have a floral BEO yet, but this is what we discussed:

My bouquet will be hot pink gerber daisies and roses with teal crystal hidden mickeys. It will be wrapped with black satin wrap with a teal trim criss cross. Since I did button boutonnieres for DF and GM, we are using our included boutonniere for my daddy, and we are doing a hot pink daisy with 1 hidden mickey for him.

We will do aisle petals in shades of medium and hot pink, and will have petals on the cake and guest tables.

will do a few daisies in a bouquet for my BMís. I was going to make fake cotton candy bouquets, but I just donít have it in me! Hehe. Iíll let Disney take that on!

We are also going to do the pink gerber daisies on top of the cake. We went with the modern deco cake in teal with black trim and silver balls. The bottom layer of cake will be almond cake with raspberry mousse filling, and the top layer is yellow cake with Bavarian cream filling. They will leave the fondant on, because I am a crazy weirdo that LOVES fondant. (I also hate chocolate. Yup, certified weirdo!)

We are also doing the illuminate package for the DP. Black chair covers and table linens with hot pink trim, the clear gel LED centerpieces with black mickey head confetti. On a side note, we went to Epcot on Sunday and watched Illuminations from Morocco (where we are doing the DP). After watching and a little discussion DF agreed to add a photographer for the DP, and I am so so excited! I was afraid my MaOH or mom would end up taking pics and missing the show. No way was I going to let that happen!! Yay for DF FINALLY seeing the light!

Since my wedding day is also one of my guestsí birthday, (and itís a big one-18!!) I have arranged for a personal cake for her during the DP. It will be chocolate with Bavarian cream filling and say ďHappy 18th Birthday NoelleĒ and the theme will be Kevin (the bird from Up). I think sheís going to flip! I canít wait to give it to her!

I have my initial BEO from Tanis, but really, itís just the standard Escape wedding BEO, nothing special, so I really donít see the need to post it here. If you really want me to I will. But itís nothing special or fancy!

Oh...we are also going to rent the bicycle things from the Boardwalk for pics after the ceremony. Super excited about that!

I just realized that I never updated about what my guys are going to wear! Whatís wrong with me!! DF and the ring bearer will be wearing this tux:

With black low top converse. The GM will be wearing a classic one button tux with a black vest, teal tie, teal pocket square, black converse and teal laces. My daddy will wear the same as the GM, except he will have a teal vest instead of black.
DF and RB may wear teal laces as well, depending on how it looks. Iím having a hard time picturing it in my head.

I canít wait to see DF all dressed up! And my daddy too. The only time Iíve ever seen him in anything remotely close to a tux was in pictures of my parentís wedding day. And that was 1972, so it really doesnít count!

Ok, I think I'll break this into two posts to cut down on the rambling. Coming up next: Final DIY projects are winding down, with pics!! Welcome bags assembled (oh the goodies!), and a Whatís left To Do list (just so I can stress a little more!)

Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #146
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Those shoes are absolutely awesome! I need to go look into those right away.
I got them from Journeys...I also got a pair of hot pink sparkly ones. The BM's, FG, and I are all going to wear them! They are so much fun! And comfy!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #147
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Iíve been a busy bee working on DIY projects, and Iíve almost got everything done for the big day! I have had so much fun, but I think DF will be so glad when I run out of things to do. I donít think he ďgetsĒ it. Oh well. He complains about the time and money and the fifty million things I want to do, but always ends up loving and gushing over the final product. Heís always glad that I did it after its done. Silly boy.

So, I decided a long time ago that I didnít want a traditional flower girl throwing petals from an ugly basket scenario. Back when the wedding was set for the mountains, I thought about leaves (since it was mid October) but that just didnít seem right to me either. As soon as we decided on Disney, I ran through all the possibilities and everything that Disney represents. My FG is a total princess so I took direction from her. I knew I wanted Mickey represented somehow, and after much brainstorming and debate, this has emerged victorious for my FG.

She was so upset that she wouldn't have flowers. Quote: ďBut Aunt Allie! Iím a FLOWER girl. Flowers. Get it? So I need flowers to throw at people. Because Iím the flower girl. Aunt Allie. Flowers.Ē But alas, my FG will not have flowers. And after seeing the wand, she finally gave in, because ďit has sparkles, and sparkles are way more important than flowers.Ē Such a diva!

Here's Ayla hanging out in her Bob Marley tee with my dog Maverick. Notice the posing and the pointed toes. She's going to be a great dancer one day!

And here she is on 4th of July with DF...That is her pouffy tutu skirt envelopping DF's head. They are so silly! I miss her so much! That child is not related to me, but we joke that we are twins. She is such a little Allison it's scary!

Iíve also decided to do a staged exit with ribbon wands that I made. They match Aylaís Mickey Wand, and I made a cute little container to keep them in until its time for the staged exit.

We are also doing the wine box ceremony and after searching and searching, we just decided to keep it simple. We got an unfinished wooden box at Hobby Lobby and I stained it myself. It needs one more coat for good measure, and I need to find some sort of material to put in the bottom. We are going to get a bottle of the new wine they rolled out for the F&W festival to put in it, and I may get our wine glasses etched. I havenít decided yet.

The bane of DFís existence (and my favorite part of the wedding so far) have been our welcome bags. Soon, (when Iím not so lazy), I will take one apart and make a list with pics of everything we put in them. But for now, Iíll just show you my latest edition. I bought these cards on sale long before I actually had a wedding to plan. I thought that they would just gather dust since as an Escape bride we donít really get a reception. But as soon as we decided on a DP, viola! I have a use for my pretty little menu cards! We will put these in the welcome folders so that we can entice our guests with yummy things to come!

Since music is such a huge part of our lives, and is so so important to us, we decided to do a CD in the welcome bag. I had so much fun with this one, and even made CD ďlinerĒ notes to go in the cases.

My first draft was much more intricate with lots of pics and colors, but it just didnít transfer well to the size of the CD case. So after a lot of revision, I finally found a happy medium. I wrote up a little blurb about why we chose the songs and the significance to us. I had SO MUCH FUN with this one!!!

I still have to get a few more things for the Welcome bags and to DF's great relief I will be done. My favorite thing I'm putting in the bags are individual packets of Maxwell House Coffee, because in one short month...that will be my new last name!!!

So here I am, with exactly one month til the day. I go from so excited I'm jumping up and down and dancing around my living room like a crazy person,to moments of sheer terror that I won't be able to get it all done. I don't have a whole lot left, but I am so scared that I'll wake up the day after the wedding and remember 10 things I was going to do that I'd forgotten. Hopefully, I can be a better disbride and keep my PJ updated a little better. Things should be getting interesting now that we are getting so close! I think I'll go do this dance now:

Old 09-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #148
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I am so excited for you! You are so close! The last month will go by really quickly. Your DIY are so great! I really like the flower girl wand and the staged exit ribbons, I think that will look really neat in pictures. Your welcome bags are super impressive, I'm sure everyone will love what you've done. Fantastic update!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #149
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I am so excited for you! You are so close! The last month will go by really quickly. Your DIY are so great! I really like the flower girl wand and the staged exit ribbons, I think that will look really neat in pictures. Your welcome bags are super impressive, I'm sure everyone will love what you've done. Fantastic update!

Less than a month now!! I really hope that the bags are a hit and they realize how much I put into getting them together, only because they will realize how much I care about everyone! I must say though, that I've had so much fun buying and arranging the welcome bags!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #150
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Just a quick post about the rings! We finally figured out a ring for FH, and kinda one for me. I have looked and looked, and havent really found the "one" for me yet. Ok....well let's rephrase that. I haven't found a ring thats in my budget right now. Let's be real. So, rather than compromise and get something that I just don't really love (and since we are less than a month out!!) I decided to get a "fun" ring, and figure out a real wedding band later. So...FH will get this ring:

And I've decided on this:

I love it!!!!! We saw it the other day at DTD and I just kept thinking about how fun it would be. And when I get my real band, it will be something I will wear on my right hand, and not go in a box somewhere. Unfortunately, they don't have my size at DTD or online, so I am going on a park shopping spree til I find it!
Cross your fingers that I can find it in my size pronto! I'm also going to grab my wedding day clutch while I'm out and about at the Disney Store in Sanford. (hopefully...I don't know if they have it or not, but if not, I'll just order it and pay shipping.) I have looked for months to find the "right bag" and all of a sudden, there it was! Disney comes through for me again!

Oh...isn't she beautiful!

Ok...back to working on yet another newsletter for my guests and an itinerary for me and to go in the welcome folders. I swear, I've told all my guests the same information 54,000 times, and they STILL ask me the same questions over and over again. For instance I sent an email out and said, "Sorry, we were hoping for a great discount or promotion going on during the wedding week, but it doesn't look as though Disney has anything we can use. So, just find the best deal you can, and good luck to you." I get an email back from one of my BM's that said, "so will we have any discounts for the wedding week?" Umm....didn't I just say that? Oh well...Hopefully this will be the last newsletter and everyone will be where they need to be when they need to be there. We'll see! Ok. Newsletter. yay. whoo hoo. great....

Tags
escape, october, planning, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: