Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
FlamingoAllie
Mouseketeer

Question photographer

Is there anyone out there who did not book an extra photographer? Is the disney photographer that bad? please share pics of photo shoots, and ceremony from Disney photographers please. I need to know ASAP if I need to hire another additional photographer! Thanks!

Allison and Joey's October Escape PJ!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post40277880
FlamingoAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
leonix8238
Oo-de-lally!

There are a number of couples who used only DPS and loved them. It really just depends on your style and what you want. For many it simply works out cheaper to hire an outside photographer as you tend to get more for your money. Another problem people have is that you don't get to choose your photographer, only request. Though I'm sure I read somewhere that this may be changing so it may be worth speaking to your coordinator.

You can see examples of individual photographers work and read a little bit about them at:

http://www.disneyeventphotography.com/index.php

You may also find it useful to take a look at the following thread for feedback and photograph examples:

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2599561

From a personal perspective photography was so very important to us and we wanted to make sure we got it right so we hired Randy Chapman. One of the best decisions we made, he really helped make the day special and his prices are very reasonable.

leonix8238 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

We're planning on only using Disney photography. We really don't have room in the budget for anything extra like that. So I'm kind of nervous too. On a good note, I've seen tons of great pics they've done.. and only a few of the not so great..
Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

We used only DPS this past summer as we didn't have it in our budget to have an outside photographer. We wanted some pictures of the occation, but not hundreds to choose from and expensive packages when our DFTW Escape came with a photographer and an album.

I can tell you the difference from looking at the boards. Disney does mainly your standard wedding shots with some variation depending, I think, on each individual photographer. When I look at Randy Chapman's site his photo's are very artsy. Disney photos are very professional, in focus and beautiful - just not too outside of the box.

If pictures are high up on your list of important things at your wedding, and you want more artsy ones, then I suggest an outside agency. If you just want beautiful pictures that capture the various parts of the day, then Disney is great

Disney is fast as well. We got our proofs within a couple of weeks of the wedding. We took almost a month to look through and decide on the ones for our album and a portrait for the wall. Once we ordered - we received the album within 3 weeks and the portrait a week later!

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, photographer, pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: