Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #106
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I just had to read through my May 2009 trip report for the journal. I used to be so amusing! What happened to me...sigh.

That's the trip when we were dealing with impending job loss then job offer, as well as the diagnosis of Robert's pituitary tumor...yowza. When Robert and Eamon get home (visiting my MIL and fixing her VCR) I'm giving him a big hug for how dang brave he was during that time. I don't know how he kept going; I don't know how he didn't ask me to get a couple jobs while he hid under the bed for a year or so...

Anyway, now I have my little notes for this part of the journal, so, back to the table for me! Michele, finish the Duffy-book!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #107
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

R did go through a real tough period there.

I am going to sit down with it tomorrow. That way Peanut can sit and "read" it to his Duffy.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #108
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

Hi Molly,
I had read your TR from Christmas, I think I missed the last day or 2. I just now came upon your PTR, I'll have to go back and get caught up. Just wanted to say HI!
Swalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #109
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

And HI back!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #110
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

And HI from me, too. I've stayed caught up - but have only really had time to read a little. I haven't had time to comment.

Me, DS 14, DS 9, and DS 6 just got back from my parent's new house in Liberty Lake, WA (just East of Spokane) and then having birthday fun with DS 9. His birthday always seems to fall during our Spring break, so we always put off the friend birthday party until the following week - which means sometime this Fri. or Sat. We certainly know how to stretch out birthday celebrations at our house!

Now, I am home and can maybe comment once in a while - I hope!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #111
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, I was given this link by a friend and I thought of you. It is for $100 worth of Picaboo.com stuff for $35. They have the photobooks, calendars and cards etc. It is a great deal. I bought it.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #112
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Shannon I didn't even know there was an 'east of spokane' LOL. (I'm so western-centric about the state isn't that sad? then again, I'm allergic to the whole middle, so it's hard for me to GET to the other side!)

I have one 1-day, one 2-day, and then my b'day trip, all from '09, and then I'm DONE with the scrapbook until we go again. How happy will that make me????

Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #113
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, there is less than 12 hours on it left so you are gonna want to check it soon.

You are doing better than I am. Although I did do one thing. I have decided that instead of going to Disneyland in 2012 for our 20th anniversary I have decided that I would like for us to go to Orlando!! I am getting my WDW planning book later at Barnes and Noble!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #114
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Oh drattypants, saw your warning too late.

Yes, I said drattypants.

I finished the one-day and the two-day. Woo! Today gotta work on my birthday trip. And then finito!

Unless you have my brain and know that once that is finished, it means you get to work on the wedding-planning scrapbook, and after that you get to do the honeymoon scrapbook (thankfully I have pages and books for them already!) and after that the WDW stuff....

And then you faint and crawl into a corner and avoid finishing the DLR s'book for longer....

Old 04-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #115
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, today is your lucky day. I got an email earlier they are doing it again.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/picaboo...o-ca?c=all&p=1

And it is good for three more days!!

I have started my pre-planning for our second honeymoon in WDW!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #116
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited about your trip! You probably aren't crazy enough to start a pre-trip journal yet, but if you do, let me know! (and feel free to talk your face off about it here, if you don't start a pre-trip journal/report)

Old 04-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #117
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I'm so excited about your trip! You probably aren't crazy enough to start a pre-trip journal yet, but if you do, let me know! (and feel free to talk your face off about it here, if you don't start a pre-trip journal/report)

Thank you Molly.

I am kind of overwhelmed. I did figure out dates, well at least the starting date but the where to stay I am flummoxed. There is so much more to WDW or it at least feels that way to me.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #118
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well, feel free to bounce ideas around. Where to stay is important, but of course you can always change your mind. So start with budget, or the feel of a place, or being close to a certain park, etc etc...

What planning book did you get?

Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #119
kaoden39
Hugs

I got Birnbaum's book. I figured it was a good start because it has pictures. Yes, I need a visual.

As far as where I want to stay I have to tell you that I think I like the moderate to deluxe places the best. And some of the moderates the rooms seem so small to me in the pictures I have seen. Now with two of us we don't need a lot of space but I don't want to be cramped at all.

I kind of like the Contemporary but it seems rather expensive. And I really want to go to Universal too, I was wondering how far is it from WDW?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #120
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Universal isn't that far away in miles, but it can talk around half an hour to drive there, unless you go during rush hour. If you won't have a car, Mears has a shuttle for not too much.

Ooh, Contemporary.... Well, when you're on disneyworld.com, be sure to click on anything that looks like a link to "special offers". Some have gotten 40% discounts on Deluxe hotels!

I have a yearning to visit Coronado Springs resort, a moderate. They have queen sized beds, vs the doubles at Caribbean Beach. And it just looks pretty.

Remember that you can wander the grounds anywhere (except for pools)...use hammocks (Poly and Carib Beach have hammocks...maybe more), hang on the beach (the beach at Grand Floridian is lovely), etc... Then go on back to your own resort when you're done exploring.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: