Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #91
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh the allergies are going nuts around here because the weather keeps changing. We had sleet on Thursday. Strange stuff.

I am glad to hear that you have been spared the stomach thing.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #92
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sleet????? Wild.

So while doing taxes I needed a file from the old computer (the beery one), and since it would turn on, we went looking for the file. The problem with the computer is that it said it couldn't find the Airport (aka wireless thingie) and the keyboard was being very naughty.

Well, after I turned on the computer, it...connected to the internet! And the keyboard was normal.

What?????

Zombie Computer? Vampire computer? (it sure does suck my time and brains LOL)

Mystifying.... And now I have to get used to it again, just as I was getting used to Robert's PC and/or the idea of finding my very OWN computer (this is mine but I didn't set out to get it or buy it...it was included with a year lease at our old apartment). oh well!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #93
kaoden39
Hugs

Attack of the Zombie Computer!

I hate taxes. Ours have been done since January, Scotty's W-2 was accessible online and I took advantage and armed with all my info our taxes were. done.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #94
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I don't know why we waited, but I'm just glad I remembered!

Eamon, who barely ate for a week, has now had more meals TODAY than he had in the last 2 weeks. I might be exaggerating, but it's not by much!

he started with a yogurt, then had hummus and chips (this is before 9:30am), then had some fruit, then a bagel, then cottage cheese, more fruit...then some trail mix, then we made a pizza (using the dough from Trader Joe's), he had something like 3 pieces, then immediately went back into the fridge to stick his head in! While we were away, even while ill, he grew about 1/4 inch. What is THIS going to do to his growth rate????

We're frightened for our wallets, frankly. And a little worried that he got a tapeworm, LOL. (why can't *I* get a tapeworm, just to help me lose some weight? then I'll take care of it, I promise, universe!)

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #95
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, my first thought was growth spurt. Then I read more and I think he is making up for the loss of calories during the last growth spurt at least I hope so. I feed three teenagers and a husband that on any given day burn 5,000 on his bike and then replaces them. I consider my food budget my own personal national debt.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #96
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm terrified of his teenage years.

The other part of it is that he finally has his full load of YMCA classes. So he did two swim classes (one each Tues and Thurs), and on Friday he did 40 minutes of ballet, then he played for an hour, then an hour of Aikido, then on Saturday he did an hour of gymnastics. That's a LOT of activity considering the last 2 weeks!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #97
kaoden39
Hugs

That is a lot of activity after he was so sick and didn't eat. He needs to rebuild those calories he lost.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #98
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

My DS has been making up for lost time as well. Friday morning he ate 3 bowls of granola and strawberries, then an hour later he ate a slice of pizza that was at least 15 inches long (think giant NY style pizza slices). Scary.

Molly, I don't know whether this is a good deal, nor do I fully understand the details, but I thought I'd pass this along in case it is helpful to you. 3 day Universal pass for $87.

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #99
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Glad to know I'm not alone in watching my relatively small kid consume quantities of food that would be too much for me!

That is a very interesting promo, thank you for sharing it with me!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #100
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Oooooh! Universal just plopped down their AP rates for the hotels, and even with an upgrade it would still save us nearly $100.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #101
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Oooooh! Universal just plopped down their AP rates for the hotels, and even with an upgrade it would still save us nearly $100.
Oh wow. That's great!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #102
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Today as I went through our Friday of 4pm Ballet then working out (while E played) until his 6:30 Aikido, my brother sent me a picture of his full growler of Karl Strauss beer (walking distance from their brewpub) sitting on their new small table near their new outdoor furniture on the balcony of their new condo in downtown San Diego. Where they were sitting, watching the world go by, watching the planes take off and land, and just relaxing....

Bah!

On the other hand, I worked out for an hour today and 25 minutes yesterday, so that's good!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #103
kaoden39
Hugs

Nothing like a good workout to make you feel better. Most of the times it works for me.

Although that being said I would love to trade place with your brother and sister in law. That sounds wonderful to me.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #104
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Cleaned the heck out of the condo yesterday, in honor of Robert's friend who was going to come visit. Alas he had a friend's going away party in the afternoon and ended up over-indulging there, so canceled on us officially at 8:30pm. Robert and I can easily deal with that...but Eamon was VERY excited to see him, and was way bummed.

On the up side, we have a sparkly house!

And now, disney-related, I'm trying to get motivation to finish my Disneyland/DCA scrapbook! It isn't a picture thing, just a keepsake/thoughts thing, and seems to require more imagination and creativity than I have... Ugh.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #105
kaoden39
Hugs

Poor E. It's hard when kids get let down and you can't prevent it.

The book sounds fun. I am really bad about those things. I have a scrapbook I am making for my little nephew that I took all the pictures of Duffy for. I just haven'y found the motivation to actually put it together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: