Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hi Shannon!

Your oldest is getting married, if I'm understanding your sig correctly? Yikes! I mean, congratulations, but still...yikes. He's around 22? My brother and sis in law married at that age and they are still going strong. 17 years, I believe, in June.

CST is the first bodywork Eamon got. He was just under 2 weeks old, and his noggin was so wonky, I suspected tongue tie, and nursing was an absolute torture. And since he did it All The Time, something had to change! I found a CST guy, he worked on E for an hour. And for the rest of the day we watched his head change shape. Soooo cool. And nursing got a lot easier. And he could stick his tongue out farther, without the heart shape that's so telltale for tongue tie. Woo!

Interestingly, I think the tongue tie is still in existence with him, and I think it's why it's still easier for him to say W instead of L. His tongue just doesn't *easily* go out far enough. Dangit.

And my first experience with CST was on me, it was a very long session, and I was able to dump my glasses for a t least a month. Considering I was around 20/400, and had been for ages (and was for several more years after that, once it went back to it), that's saying a lot! Also, everyone in school stopped asking me "what's wrong, why are you angry?" because my face just relaxed SO much.

EFT is cool; my mom was using it a lot. I should probably have some sessions to help me out...

During the scant years of chiro, it turns out I'd rather be the complete weirdo somewhere (aka CST, ha ha), than the not-so-weirdo (aka chiro, which is becoming much more mainstream) person. If you're seeking CST, you already have a mindset, ya know? I don't have to change my patients' opinions on everything...they're already right there with me.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

He's home, he's home, my brother was sent home! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Neat article about Universal's Seuss Landing.

I am sooo lost about park days and ADRs, and the date that I can start booking them is approaching soon! Trying to get my discount code for TourGuideMike, but he hasn't replied yet...grr. Got my Deluxe Passporter in the mail, though, that was fun. If only I'd bought it last time, but I thought the binder was leather then.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi Shannon!

Your oldest is getting married, if I'm understanding your sig correctly? Yikes! I mean, congratulations, but still...yikes. He's around 22? My brother and sis in law married at that age and they are still going strong. 17 years, I believe, in June.

CST is the first bodywork Eamon got. He was just under 2 weeks old, and his noggin was so wonky, I suspected tongue tie, and nursing was an absolute torture. And since he did it All The Time, something had to change! I found a CST guy, he worked on E for an hour. And for the rest of the day we watched his head change shape. Soooo cool. And nursing got a lot easier. And he could stick his tongue out farther, without the heart shape that's so telltale for tongue tie. Woo!

Interestingly, I think the tongue tie is still in existence with him, and I think it's why it's still easier for him to say W instead of L. His tongue just doesn't *easily* go out far enough. Dangit.

And my first experience with CST was on me, it was a very long session, and I was able to dump my glasses for a t least a month. Considering I was around 20/400, and had been for ages (and was for several more years after that, once it went back to it), that's saying a lot! Also, everyone in school stopped asking me "what's wrong, why are you angry?" because my face just relaxed SO much.

EFT is cool; my mom was using it a lot. I should probably have some sessions to help me out...

During the scant years of chiro, it turns out I'd rather be the complete weirdo somewhere (aka CST, ha ha), than the not-so-weirdo (aka chiro, which is becoming much more mainstream) person. If you're seeking CST, you already have a mindset, ya know? I don't have to change my patients' opinions on everything...they're already right there with me.
Molly, it's true my oldest is getting married. I am sooo not old enough emotionally for this to happen in my life. I got married young and we are still going strong (24+ years), but getting married is such a BIG deal. Plus, there's all this emotional drama that comes with a girl. I mean, I'm used to boys and boy reactions and boy toys and boy emotions and sometimes explosive things, ya know? Now there's a girl in the mix who brings girl drama and girl emotions and girl attitudes and stuff....it could really throw my world into a spin! It takes some getting used to, I suppose. She is a nice girl and very bright and driven about college and wants certain things in life and has goals and all of that - which is VERY good for Alex since he struggles with some of those things. So, I guess we will see what happens and hope for the best. They aren't getting married until mid August, so I have some time to become acclimated to the changes!

Good news about your brother!!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ah, mid August....hot hot hot! 100 degrees for our mid-August wedding just outside of Portland...that heat was not expected! Hope their wedding is a bit cooler than ours was.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Teehee: http://www.drinkingatdisney.com/

Got my discount code for TourGuideMike...

Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
Brady's Mom

Quote:
Ah, mid August....hot hot hot! 100 degrees for our mid-August wedding just outside of Portland...that heat was not expected! Hope their wedding is a bit cooler than ours was.
I don't expect it will be any cooler. They are doing an outside wedding in a shady place, but temps here are usually in the mid 90's in August. Hopefully they'll do evening and not mid-afternoon, at least then the sun won't be beating down then.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #23
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Make sure they have electricity and have fans. More than 2 of them. That's how many we ended up with. One was pointed at MIL and one was pointed at the Irish band...very very inadequate fan-age. Ours was outdoor too, the whole thing (though the reception was tented).

That morning I had to be tied tightly into my corset (DH came to my hotel room and tied it b/c he was strong enough to get it tight enough) so I could get into my gown.

By 2am I could zip it up withOUT the corset on...that's how much water weight I lost that day, despite drinking water all day. Ay ay ay.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #24
Brady's Mom

Quote:
Make sure they have electricity and have fans. More than 2 of them. That's how many we ended up with. One was pointed at MIL and one was pointed at the Irish band...very very inadequate fan-age. Ours was outdoor too, the whole thing (though the reception was tented).

That morning I had to be tied tightly into my corset (DH came to my hotel room and tied it b/c he was strong enough to get it tight enough) so I could get into my gown.

By 2am I could zip it up withOUT the corset on...that's how much water weight I lost that day, despite drinking water all day. Ay ay ay.
I laughed when I read your description - even though I am sure it was miserably hot!

I am seriously considering going to WDW as a surprise for DH for our 25 anniversary in Jan. 2012. BUT, I am seriously lost when it comes to WDW and all things related to it. I have glanced through the WDW boards, but really haven't devoted enough time to them, I guess. Do you have any suggestions or tips? We talked about going to DLR, but will probably go there in Nov. with the family and something different would be fun. Besides, we are foodies and all the food choices at WDW seem so appealing.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

1. E is non-stop talking today. My ears are going to fall off.

2. It would have been better to do learning work first, but I checked my email to find out that Photoworks is closing, and they are the ones I use to make my "Eamon's year" books...ugh. I fell behind, so I need to make the one for his 5th and 6th years, and maybe I'll make an unfinished one for 7th year and add some printed pix at the end of it. I'm so bummed.

Anyway, this has caused me to need to do actual work (they close on 4/4 so I do have some time, but knowing me it's best to get it done!), which means he is extra-specially in need of having 110% of my attention today.

3. Since you know when you would go (anniversary), the next thing to look at is where! I'd first go through the resorts on wdwinfo (the info side of the Dis, of course) and see what appeals to you!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

4. It cracks me up how many people are now using the phrase "scared out of my pants" all of a sudden.

5. The other "work" I'm doing is a contest to win an ipad 2 from the passporter website. "All" you have to do is pretty much read or skim the entire website looking for little bells to click, which give you (mostly helpful) tips, and some of them give you tickets...find all the tickets, and get entered in the contest! My eyes are going to fall out!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Reading reading reading up on restaurants...

Did you know that the San Angel Inn is right along the Donald Duck 3 caballeros ride, just like the Blue Bayou is right along POTC in Disneyland? I remember seeing it from the ride and thought it was cool. I might just have to book it...

Today was the unbelievable 11th anniv of my mom's death. thhhpppthhht day.

On the flip side, Eamon took his first advanced Aikido class (he was specially asked to be in it, and he's the youngest kid there) and Robert took it with him, and they had huge amounts of fun together.

While I clomped around at home being annoyed at the day.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Things I'm doing all at the same time.

Trying to catch up with homeschool so we can focus on arty things over the summer (learning to play the recorder, learning to knit, taking some art classes)...

Planning this trip.

Figuring out our dining (my ADR date is in two days!)

Planning weird little trip for family reunion without actually flying into or out of Phoenix, where the reunion is).

For some reason this is all feeling more complicated than it actually is!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Molly, I am here. I didn't know you had this trip report open or I would have been here a long time ago!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #30
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hi Michele! Oh gosh no worries about not knowing; these early pre-trippies are semi-embarrassing to write anyway, LOL. The fewer that realize I'm here the better, ha ha.

I asked Robert (all hush hush since it's a secret from E) if we're still doing the Nick Hotel, and he said yes. I told him that if we were staying onsite, I could do the ADRs tomorrow! He did not seem to care about this. Perhaps b/c he knows I'm not ready. But whatev'. Being ready to make them is so inconsequential... I just wanna do my ADRs!

So I guess I'd better go plop down on the couch and map it all out. Sigh.

On the positive side, I got my travel arrangements for coming home from the reunion. There might be a partial day or two in Anaheim involved.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: