Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #136
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I need to order a new DVD. I think I have a second identity too. One is my AP id and the other is my Disney ID. They should both work for maps.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #137
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sneaky lady.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #138
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Sneaky lady.
I figure I will give it a few weeks and order another one under my other identity.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #139
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

mwa ha ha ha.....

You know what's sad? WDW people don't snag and send out maps like DLR peeps do. The customized maps we're talking about are way cool, but they aren't *real* maps, and they are really too big to bring to the parks. There's always something so awesome about having a real map...

Remind me to bring back some real WDW maps in September to send them out to you guys. By then your plans will be getting finalized one way or the other, and the maps will either be great fun or just a kick in the pants to go in the future (if minds change).

I'm now using some of this strange and semi-boundless energy (I even worked out today) to make pretty pages of each WDW day's thoughts and plans and ideas. Using Eamon's skinny markers. (I'm pre-scrapbooking, it seems! keep the adhesive and expensive paper away from me!!!!)

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #140
kaoden39
Hugs

I would love a couple of maps. I will never understand not taking them. You know I can tell you right now I have them from last June and this February. In two different purses. I always bring them home.

I like the Passporter for Disneyland because it has maps and things like that in it. I need to go look at the WDW one at the bookstore and see if I want it. And there are all those place to make notes in it too.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #141
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I bought the spiral bound passporter for the last trip. The main thing I loved about it was the passpockets, and some other stuff, and I hated that I wanted to take pages out, but with the spiral-bound you would have to rip it out and make it nearly useless for the future.

So...I indulged myself and bought the Deluxe ring binder 2011 version. It's not leather but it looks like it, and it's really nice.

You obviously have a close-by bookstore, but just in case you're interested in knowing this, until the 27th the Passporter website has free shipping on anything, including extra Passpockets!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #142
kaoden39
Hugs

Ooh the free shipping sounds good, but interestingly enough the book is cheaper in my local bookstore. I am not sure why.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #143
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It sometimes happens. Be sure to sign up for their enewsletter, and register your book when you get it! (I think you can do that with "outside" purchased books) That gets you access to discounts for the future, and you can also see what has been updated in the book you bought.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #144
kaoden39
Hugs

I am amazed sometimes at the difference at the prices. I think I may just order it from the website anyway. I already get the newsletter because I have the one and only Disneyland book they made. I love that book, and so many people don't and I will never understand that.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #145
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Reading Molly and Michele's conversations makes me realize that maybe I'm not as hot to go to WDW as I thought. The thought of books and research and planning which parks on which days and which meals when just seems to make me want to close my laptop.

I did check out the WDW website this morning and if I stay in DTD I can spend a whole lot less for a 4 star hotel than any WDW property hotel. I know - for most WDW people that's blasphemy, but still, the hotel rooms seem soooo expensive. To go to Coronado Springs for 6 nights would cost us over $2000. To stay at a 4 star property in DTD would cost us under a $1000 both with non-parkhoppers. AND they have free shuttles to all the Disney parks and Universal and Seaworld. We usually rent a car since we like to have access to stores and restaurants in the area, so Disneyland Express isn't even very likely.

So, my main question is - why stay on Disney property at all when you can stay somewhere close by (and nicer) for so much less money??? The only amenity I think I don't get by staying off property is the dining plan - and I don't think I would use the dining plan, anyway.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #146
kaoden39
Hugs

Shannon, I figure I am only going to get to go to WDW once so I am doing it up. I am an over planner so don't let that discourage you. I love the planning process as much as the actual trip itself.

I think I may have decided on our resort. I think we are going to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. And with tickets, hotel and meal plan it comes in at around $2,000. Now if I was to plan a trip for the same amount of days at say the DLH without the meal plan, and two less days in the parks and it was $800 more which covers our flight. I think that is a bargain for us.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #147
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Shannon, I figure I am only going to get to go to WDW once so I am doing it up. I am an over planner so don't let that discourage you. I love the planning process as much as the actual trip itself.

I think I may have decided on our resort. I think we are going to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. And with tickets, hotel and meal plan it comes in at around $2,000. Now if I was to plan a trip for the same amount of days at say the DLH without the meal plan, and two less days in the parks and it was $800 more which covers our flight. I think that is a bargain for us.
Michele, that sounds really great! How many days are you planning on staying? I was thinking 6 nights. Fly in on a Sunday and start at the resorts on Monday and leave on Saturday. So, do I need a 5 day ticket or a 6 day ticket?

I am an over planner, too. I think I'm just a little overwhelmed at all of the other things going on in my life right now.

What are my chances of booking the end of August and still getting some good dining spots for January?? It doesn't seem like it should be a busy time, but I just don't know....

I know DH and I would have a really great time together at WDW, it just seems like I would miss my optimal booking window since I won't be ready to book stuff until after my DS gets married the middle of August.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #148
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
Michele, that sounds really great! How many days are you planning on staying? I was thinking 6 nights. Fly in on a Sunday and start at the resorts on Monday and leave on Saturday. So, do I need a 5 day ticket or a 6 day ticket?

I am an over planner, too. I think I'm just a little overwhelmed at all of the other things going on in my life right now.

What are my chances of booking the end of August and still getting some good dining spots for January?? It doesn't seem like it should be a busy time, but I just don't know....

I know DH and I would have a really great time together at WDW, it just seems like I would miss my optimal booking window since I won't be ready to book stuff until after my DS gets married the middle of August.
I planned for 8 days. We are are going to red eye in and fly out late and I am spending as much time in the parks as I can. Fly in Monday and fly out on Monday.

You have a lot going on in your world right now. I use planning and reading the books as a bit of escapism. I love the Birnbaum book for that reason, there are great pictures in it.

I think that you can make your reservations for your January trip in August. I know someone who just went on a trip that his wife surprised him with that they made their reservations in the two weeks before their trip so I think you should be totally cool doing it.

Our actual anniversary is in the middle of August, but I refuse to go to WDW in the heat of the summer so we are going in the middle of November.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #149
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Shannon, don't let our crazy planning selves spook you! On the Theme Parks board you will find MANY people who hate planning to the level that I do (and there are some who go way way beyond what I do) and they just go "commando", which just like on the DLR forum is just hilarious to think about (rushing around in no underpants, what?).

And for me (and Michele as she said) planning is an escape. Well, for me it's also a bit of a crutch and a timewaster and maybe there are sometimes other things I need to be doing but instead I'm decorating pages with different colors and writing out all the things we COULD do on that day... So I go a little overboard sometimes.

If that doesn't work for you, if planning *yet another thing* doesn't make you happy, don't think you have to do it!

January is a slower time, yes. Now if there's some restaurant that is just calling to you, begging you to go there, then maybe make an effort as early as you can to get it. Remember, once it's 180 days out from a given day, you can make the reservation even without a hotel reservation!

I was tempted by the DTD hotels, definitely! But then we went and bought into DVC and there went that plan. Ah, impulses...

Anyway, I have a major "someone is doing things WAY better than I am, life is passing me by, must make sure this trip encompasses everything" complex, so don't let my neuroses mess with your trip, Shannon.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #150
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Michele, good call on not going exactly on your anniv. We're August 17 (what were we thinking?) so you're never going to find us at WDW and maybe not even at DLR during that time. Of course, that's usually the timing for amazon's summer picnic so I'm usually busy with heat exhaustion during that time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: