Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Delicious Indeed!

What a trip! WDW 2011 will definitely be one of the most memorable trips for me because it was my first vacation on my own without my parents! It was also the first (and probably only) vacation I'll take as an engaged girl! I'll let you know what the title means after I introduce the cast. If you read my PTR, most of it will be the same although I edited and added a bit.

Rachel (26) - That's me!

I'm a teacher by day and ninja by night. I'm in my 4th year of teaching middle school ELA and math. As crazy and wacky as some of those kids can get, they sometimes have a crazier and wackier teacher! That's what I love about my job. I can dance and make contorted faces and talk about Disney World all I want (as related to the lesson, of course!). I've been to Disney countless times with my family while growing up, so like I said, this was the first trip that I actually went without them! I had to grow up a lot because I was the one handling much of the planning and all the official business. However, even though it required some "work" on my part, it was much needed. I love my kids, but boy, did I need a break!

Howard (25) - My fiance!

This is the first time I'm writing that as part of the cast introduction (he came along to Florida with my family this past April as my DBF; the trip report link can be found in my signature)! His DIS name is HowWeird although he isn't on very often. Howard is a multimedia/audiovisual technician at his former college. He's a nerd and loves things like Star Wars and Discovery Channel. I love that about him though; he has his interests and loves learning new things! I think that together we make one really smart person. Haha. This was a different kind of trip for him too because he too had to handle the planning. He was the one who booked our Amtrak tickets and then dealt with the car rental. He turned 25 just a month before we left, so it was great timing!

Danielle (24): My cousin / Nicolette's sister!

Along with my mom and Howard, I consider Dani one of my closest friends. Since we've both started working, we don't seem to get to talk as often as we used to. We see each other on Sundays at church and during any family gatherings, but that's about it. We really enjoyed this trip because we had a ton of time to joke around and laugh! Dani got her degree in screenplay writing. Although she's working at a job unrelated to that, she still uses her God-given talent to write things like the musicals for our coffeehouses at church! She actually spent time on the train working on the musical for this year's coffeehouse.

Raymond (22): Friend / Dani's boyfriend!

Ray started coming to our church a few years ago, I believe. Since then, he has become our friend and, of course, Dani's boyfriend! I'm very happy about that because I think they work so well together. Plus, Ray can get extremely wacky and start dancing randomly. Haha, I like that because then I won't be the only odd one on this trip! He's in school to get his degree in nursing. Actually this trip showed us that the 2 "Raes/Rays" are very much alike in terms of eating habits. We both have stomach issues, and we've learned not to eat as much at one point. We have a very similar eating pace, so it was good to have company since the other 3 eat a lot faster than we do!

Nicolette (21) - My cousin / Danielle's sister!

Nik is the baby cousin out of the "1st generation" (I know all the cousins are in the same generation, but there's a gap between Nik and the other younger cousins). She is one of my bridesmaids! Dani is my other one. Small wedding party, but I can't imagine it any other way because these two are my absolute favorite. Although there's a bigger age gap between us, we're very alike because we're both second children who then became middle children later in life. That means she can be silly and wacky too! Nik was able to join our trip a little later on because she had to make sure she could afford it and skip school. She's in her final year of college for hospitality management. She plays her bass guitar for church; its name is Eggplant because it's a dark purple. And one more thing you should know is that we're both afraid of many of the same things! Remember the bunny story from my April TR that's still not finished? She was the cousin who was with me!!!

Here's a recent picture of the 5 of us since the above pics were from a while ago. This was taken this past Friday at Wolfgang Puck Express, but I'm jumping ahead of myself ...

Before I finish this update, I just wanted to fill you in on why this trip report title is "Delicious Indeed." While waiting on line for Soarin', I was talking about some of the silly things that my students say. Nikki also works with kids in an after school program, so she was telling us some stories as well. She said that she had one student who was eating his snack by himself. When he put a bite in his mouth, he proclaimed, "Delicious indeed!" We were cracking up about that story, and we started saying it every time we ate! And trust me, we had some really good meals! Stay tuned to learn more about our adventures, food and all!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow

Last edited by RachelNinja; 06-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
RachelNinja

Table of Contents

Introduction of Cast
Saturday, February 19: Honk, Honk, I’m A Train Horn
Saturday, February 19: More Amtrak Fun!
Saturday, February 19: Howard's Amtrak Pictures

Sunday, February 20: That’s Where They Grow The ...
Sunday, February 20: Our White Car
Sunday, February 20: Amtrak Videos
Sunday, February 20: First Souvenir for Me!
Sunday, February 20: Forget Chicken Later, I Want Chicken Now!
Sunday, February 20: First Souvenir for Howard!
Sunday, February 20: Sun, Dragons, and Fart Machines
Sunday, February 20: Opening the Vinylmation!
Sunday, February 20: Third Time's the Charm!
Sunday, February 20: Right on Target!
Sunday, February 20: Timeshare Sweet Timeshare!
Sunday, February 20: Food for Thought? Nope, Food for Our Stomachs!
Sunday, February 20: A Barrel Full of Cracker!
Sunday, February 20: Mixed Up and Missing Dinner

Monday, February 21: How Far Is It To Disney World?
Monday, February 21: Movin' with the Masses
Monday, February 21: We're soarin', flyin' ...
Monday, February 21: Living with the Land Queue
Monday, February 21: Living with the ... CMs? (continued)
Monday, February 21: Back to Soarin'
Monday, February 21: Try Some Beverly!
Monday, February 21: "Increasing Speed!" (continued)
Monday, February 21: It Wouldn't Be Disney Without a Stop in the Dump Shop!
Monday, February 21: I <3 Disney Mugs!
Monday, February 21: We <3 Le Cellier and Jeremy! (continued) (continued)
Monday, February 21: HWB > Duffy
Monday, February 21: There's a LINE for Gran Fiesta Tour? (continued)
Monday, February 21: Hot Sauce and More
Monday, February 21: Kim Possible Mexico Mission (continued)
Monday, February 21: Kim Possible Norway Mission (and Maelstrom!) (continued)
Monday, February 21: Back on Test Track
Monday, February 21: Tackling Mission Space
Monday, February 21: Enjoying Epcot with My DFi

Tuesday, February 22: Yay for Rest Days!
Tuesday, February 22: Pins Pins Pins!
Tuesday, February 22: Wandering Around DTD (continued)
Tuesday, February 22: That First Bite
Tuesday, February 22: Making Our Treats!
Tuesday, February 22: The Rest of DTD (continued)
Tuesday, February 22: Fun Adventures at the Condo (continued)
Tuesday, February 22: Just as Good as Le Cellier

Wednesday, February 23: Good Morning, Good Morning!
Wednesday, February 23: MK Opening Show and Main Street!
Wednesday, February 23: My Personal Highest Buzz Score
Wednesday, February 23: The Non-Space Mountain
Wednesday, February 23: Tomorrowland Touring
Wednesday, February 23: Vinylmation Fun with Robert the CM!
Wednesday, February 23: Pausing on Pooh (continued)
Wednesday, February 23: A Scary Adventure!
Wednesday, February 23: Lunch in Silence
Wednesday, February 23: We're Off to Neverland!
Wednesday, February 23: A SMILE Means Friendship to Everyone! (continued)
Wednesday, February 23: Sitting on the Left on HM
Wednesday, February 23: Thunder Mountain Trio
Wednesday, February 23: Brer-ing It
Wednesday, February 23: Shiver Me Timbers!
Wednesday, February 23: A Dole Whip Kind of Birthday
Wednesday, February 23: Skipper Matthew
Wednesday, February 23: The Love of Nik's Life
Wednesday, February 23: Monsters, Napping, and Trading
Wednesday, February 23: Cheese Sauce Love
Wednesday, February 23: Nighttime Festivities (continued)

Thursday, February 24: A Lazy River Rest Day
Thursday, February 24: Nom-ing, Family Style (continued) (continued)

Friday, February 25: Have Fun, Kids!
Friday, February 25: Cracker Barrel Breakfast (continued)
Friday, February 25: Shopping with the Kiddies
Friday, February 25: The Last Beet
Friday, February 25: One Last Sugar Fix
Friday, February 25: Our Last Taste of Disney
Friday, February 25: Before Our Last Disney Sleep
Saturday, February 26: Goodbye Florida!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Last edited by RachelNinja; 03-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
RachelNinja

--

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
HowWeird
Flat Adventurer

I can't wait to read the recap about this trip! Though I was able to read a bit of it on the train already, it's different with all the pictures :D Can we go back already??

(I didn't realize that Ninja was still logged into my netbook so I accidentally commented under her name!)

Always the Ninja to my Weird
Follow me on Flickr or swing by my randomly updated blog. Enjoy!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here, can't wait to read about your trip!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-28-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here!!!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. Now I just have to keep all of your reports straight.....
Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Heffielump
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
Revulkcor
Captain Dakota

Can't wait to read more! :D
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm here! Can't wait to hear more.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Hi! I can't wait to hear about your trip. I play bass at church, too. I don't think I've ever met another girl bassist. Tell Nicolette I said hi.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
--
Haha, Howard, this makes it look like I comment on my own trip reports because I don't "has" friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowWeird View Post
I can't wait to read the recap about this trip! Though I was able to read a bit of it on the train already, it's different with all the pictures :D Can we go back already??

(I didn't realize that Ninja was still logged into my netbook so I accidentally commented under her name!)
Hopefully, doing this TR will be so much easier in terms of adding pics because you learned not to take 3 of the same stationary thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Can't wait to hear more.
Glad to have you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here, can't wait to read about your trip!!!
Thanks! I gotta go back and catch up on yours now that I'm home and missing it terribly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm here!!!
Woohoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it. Now I just have to keep all of your reports straight.....
Haha, I'll only be updating 2 of them. I still have the one from April 2010 and now this one for February 2011!!! I have a feeling I might finish this one before the other one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffielump View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revulkcor View Post
Can't wait to read more! :D
Thanks for joining in for our adventures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Yay, I'm here! Can't wait to hear more.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Hi! I can't wait to hear about your trip. I play bass at church, too. I don't think I've ever met another girl bassist. Tell Nicolette I said hi.
That's so cool! I think girl bassists just make the instrument look so much cooler, haha. Does yours have a name?

Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

That's so cool! I think girl bassists just make the instrument look so much cooler, haha. Does yours have a name?
Mine's named Warrior. It's bright red. It may be a girl's bass, but it's not a wimpy one.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
RachelNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Mine's named Warrior. It's bright red. It may be a girl's bass, but it's not a wimpy one.
Haha, I love it. Girls have better guitar names!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: