Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

1 Months 2 weeks and 5 days til Disney!! Or you could say 50 days! Hope everyone had/is having a great Easter, I bet it'd be awesome to be in the "world" this time of year. Maybe someday...

So after lots of procrastination I completed our order for Garden Grocer; never used them before but definitely excited. We ordered orange juice, tortilla chips salsa and cheese dip, Doritos, some kleenex hand wipes that I'm going to bring to the parks for us, a 24-pack of water, chips ahoy cookies, and a thing of mixed fruit. There might be other things but I don't remember. Basically, after the minimum $40, deliver charge, and tip it came to $73! A little more then I wanted, but hey, it's vacation.

Since I haven't done this yet here are MY top 10 must-do's a WDW!! (take this Stacey...jk!)

Ashlee's Top 10 Must Do's At WDW: (in no particular order)
1. Rockin' Rollercoaster
2. Big Thundermountain Railroad
3. Safari @ AK
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Soarin'
6. Walking Trails @ AK
7. Ice cream at Main St Bakery
8. Illuminations
9. Maelstom
10. virgin pina colada by the pool

Til next time... -A
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

Let The Packing Begin...

Hello fellow lurkers!

I like to start each post with a countdown til our trip... 42 days!!

My last post was about how I convinced myself that it would be OK to start packing this past weekend. Although things have not gone completely as planned I have managed to start packing! I REALLY want to try and not pack as much extra stuff. We're arriving LATE Sunday (flight lands at MCO at 8:30pm) and leaving the following Sunday around 10am for the airport. I packed 8 pairs of shorts, two sundresses, and 9 tank tops. Not too shabby I don't think. I still need to pack pajamas, a few t-shirts, flip flops, undergarments and essential bathroom stuff. Oh yeah, 4 bathing suits and two "cover ups" for on the way to the pool.

In other news... I just made a reservation for us to get the "couples retreat package" at the Mandra Spa at the Dolphin Resort!! Orginally I wanted us to get a couples massage at the spa at the Contemporary because we're eating at California Grille at 9:30pm one night, so I thought it would be romantic to get a couples massage then to go to dinner at CG. Unfortunately, the spa at CR could only get us in from 7pm-8pm and dinner is ay 9:30 so what would we do for an hour and a half? I know we could mozy around CR...
SO I got a reservation at the Mandra spa the day we arrive, right before we have dinner at Le Chefs de France!! How romantic

Til next time...A
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #18
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

PHEW! I am back!! I have no idea where the last 25 days went!! Oh yeah let me see...
- grandmother unexpectedly passed away end of April (this required a 3-day trip to NH, which is 4hrs one way, alone)

- hosting (with my brothers and their wives) a surprise 25th anniversary party for my parents

-being a guest of honor at my pink & zebra striped bridal shower ()

-play tour guide to my mom and best friend/maid of honor through Boston, and squeezing in a final dress fitting (note to self: you can eat all you want when you get to Disney and enjoy the dining plan you purchased. Until then, yogurt and water are your best friend )

- and a small crisis with the best man who was SUPPOSED to be flying in the Monday before our wedding from Utah into NH with his 6 month old baby. However, like all goods, this came to an end. Kind of. Baby is not coming. BM can't take that much time off from work, etc. I freaked, called southwest, talked to BM and had to change his flights around, change where his tux gets delivered, and change his flight back home. Now BM will be coming in the Wednesday before the wedding, and we're now picking him up at the airport (vs him getting a rental car) and he will be staying with us Wed & Thurs night.

Ok enough about my personal life... LET'S TALK AOBUT DISNEY!!
17 days til we get there!!!!!!!!!!

I really haven't done much more packing, or anything Disney related really. Which, of course, makes me sad. But whats a girl to do? So today I wrote down my list of things to pack and stuff I don't want to forget. I did, however, receive Mickey Mail a few weeks back!!! I didn't think I would because we booked through a travel agent.

In other news, we are not going to be taking Magical Express. I know what you're thinking... NNNOOOO. But it's a good thing! For my bridal shower my mom and dad (who are also BIG Disney fans) bought us a car service to and from the airport!! Yay! I mean, I love Magical Express as much as the next person, but I'm a total control freak and I ALWAYS get my bags myself. I couldn't handle it if they got lost. Sorry, it's one of my only flaws . Plus, who wants to spend the first few hours of their honeymoon with a bunch of strangers? Ok that sounded snobby. I don't mean it to!! It's just that we're getting married Saturday, spending basically from Wed. June 8th-Sat June 11th with our friends & family, then a 3-hr flight from MHT to MCO with other people, we need some alone time for the ride to and from the airport.

ONE more thing... this morning DF was sitting on the floor, drinking coffe, playing with our dog while I was surfing the "CSR" thread on here and when I came across pics of the casitas I scooted down to his level (he's never been to CSR; only POR in 1998) and showed him some pictures. I told him how I really hope we get the Casitas because thats where my mom and I always stay when we go. I showed him the casitas location vs El Centro and he goes "you just cant stop can you?? ".

But then, as I was saying good bye to him as he was leaving for work he said to me, "ugh, yeah, you should call ask for us to stay in the pavillion area"

To which I replied, "What?! You mean the CASITAS?"

DF, "oh yeah, Casitas"

Me, "c'mon, say it with me now... CCCAAA....SSIITTT...AAASS"

Ok enough shananigans! Talk to you all soon!!

Til next time... <3 A
iheartbelle87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: