Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

What do you mean, I have to wait until AUGUST ?? A 2012 Pretrippie :)

It's crazy, it's madness !! The 2012 rates won't be released until August 2011 ! How the heck am I supposed to plan ?? And more importantly, what am I supposed to do for the next four months if I can't plan another Disney trip ????

Some of you may remember my Dear Sister from this TR so you may wonder why on Earth I'd choose to do a sister-only trip. Well, DearSister has changed a lot since 2008 and has become energetic, and fun to be around ! She's become quite the outdoorsy type, which is something my usual travel companion, Grumpy, is really NOT.

I'm looking forward to a Totally Different Disney Trip.

One night I was DISing and somehow ended up on this thread :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404255

A premium package with UNLIMITED tours, recreation, and 3 TS dining ? That sounds great for a Totally Different Disney Trip!

When ? late February 2012, at the earliest.

I need to lose the weight I gained since I quit my job back in June. We need to save money. And if/when I get a new job, it will most likely be in retail, which means October, November, December and a good part of January & early February (sales) are out. Jesse works in a school and she has winter vacation from February 25th 'til March 11th.

Where ? Disney, and IDrive to be close to shopping outlets and Seaworld.

How much ? We have to keep it under €2000/person. The flight alone costs about €800 which leaves €1200 (about $1700) for lodging, tickets, transportation and food.

How long ? As long as we can get within our budget !!

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

I am planning for Feb 2012 also. Can't wait for rates and specials to be announced. We are thinking it will be just me, DD and her 2 boys this year. I want to stay at POR as wehave done values the last 4 trips and I want a little more things to do etc. We like DTD so POR has the boat. I will follow your PTR and maybe get up the ambition to do one of my iown. Have fun planning
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Tribilín
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
Well, DearSister has changed a lot since 2008 and has become energetic, and fun to be around ! She's become quite the outdoorsy type...
That alone sounds like a great trip already... I wish I could find my perfect trip companion

I'm in!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

I'm planning a 2012 trip too. We started out with planning for this december then for a few different reasons pushed it back to April 2012. #1 we really want warmer weather, #2 2 of our kids are getting older and really do not want to miss a week of school. So we are going over our April school vacation week. I'm also waiting for this August to hit for the rates to be out and our package to get booked. It'll come, It'll come!!!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
3princesses+aprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
eyor44
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Looks like I have lots of catching up to do. I missed your last one.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
marivaid

So glad to see I'm not the only one already stressing over 2012 rates... I wish they'd get them out already. Most hotels and airlines allow you to book (or at least see prices) a year in advance. If the prices go up too much we may not even be able to go at all and that really bites.

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It sounds terrific so far!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

I hope you go, so we (your fans) can hear all about it in your TR!!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
It's crazy, it's madness !! The 2012 rates won't be released until August 2011 ! How the heck am I supposed to plan ?? And more importantly, what am I supposed to do for the next four months if I can't plan another Disney trip ????
I'm looking forward to a Totally Different Disney Trip.
One night I was DISing and somehow ended up on this thread :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404255
A premium package with UNLIMITED tours, recreation, and 3 TS dining ? That sounds great for a Totally Different Disney Trip!
When ? late February 2012, at the earliest.!!
Woo hoo! Looking forward to another series by one of my favourite authors/authoresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
I'm planning a 2012 trip too. We started out with planning for this december then for a few different reasons pushed it back to April 2012. #1 we really want warmer weather, #2 2 of our kids are getting older and really do not want to miss a week of school. So we are going over our April school vacation week. I'm also waiting for this August to hit for the rates to be out and our package to get booked. It'll come, It'll come!!!!
I just gotta ask..... only 2 of the kids are getting older?

WalkingintheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
marivaid

Need to vent guys!!

It's becoming increasingly difficult and frustrating for me to plan this trip. There are circumstances beyond our control, and there are things we COULD control if only some people would make up their minds already.

I am fairly certain I will start a new job in June, which will last until mid-October. Jesse wants to wait until February to go, but I can't wait over four months to look for/start another job (if I get another job before our trip, they will not let me take time off), so I suggested October.

My dad may have to go through surgery to remove one of his kidneys. He's been on dialysis since January, he is on the transplant list, but his kidney is so big due to the cysts that at this point if he was "lucky" enough to get matched, they couldn't even transplant the kidney into him. There's no space to put it in. They can't do both surgeries (taking one out & putting one in) at the same time because it's too dangerous due to his age and overall health.
Obviously, if my dad had to go through that, there's no way I'd be having fun at Disneyworld at that time. Grumpy doesn't seem to understand that though. Her reasoning is, we're not going to be the ones cutting into him. What does that have to do with anything ?!
So anyway the main problem here is that his surgeon will not give him even an approximate date for that surgery. That's the same doctor who told him he would start dialysis on the first week of January, my dad was 99.9% ready to go to Disney after New Year's but the doctor would not take him on the phone or reply to his emails. He started on the very last week of January, which means we'd have had plenty of time to go if that man had just picked up the darn phone. And now he's doing it again.

Continuing the health series... Jesse got her gastric sleeve surgery done without telling anyone but Alex, a couple weeks ago. It's obviously going to change a lot of things. While I respect her decision to go through that surgery, and I also understand why she had to do it that way, it would have been nice to know that before starting to plan a trip. She needs to eat very small quantities at a very slow pace, or risk getting sick, so obviously grabbing a meal on the go between activities and tours is not going to work. She's also extremely tired (btw while on that subject - unless I become so fat that I can not leave my home, I will never EVER put myself through this) and I don't think she could keep up with even one of our usual plans.
We had originally planned a very fast-paced, physically tiring and challenging trip and that's just not going to work.

Jesse wants to go to Seaworld, of course. And the tours at the aquarium at Epcot. And Discovery Cove. And Busch Gardens. At least twice! And the safari tour at AK. Now, I love animals too, but at some point I'd like to do something else. Doesn't seem to enter her mind. I was looking at our plans tonight, well, what we have so far, and it occured to me that except for parasailing (which Jesse won't do since she's afraid of heights) there is nothing on this itinerary that I picked for myself.

Last but not least is Grumpy. Grumpy who, of course, got hurt and nasty when Jesse & I mentionned going by ourselves. She wants to go. Oh but she doesn't. February is too far away. December, too expensive. October, she may go to NYC with her friend instead. She wants to stay at the Poly but expects it to be less than $2000 for 3 adults for a week. Yeah, right... She wants to do the Platinum package with us, but none of the tours, and doesn't feel like seeing La Nouba again, wants go to V&A but then says it's too stuffy and she doesn't want to dress up.

How am I supposed to plan a trip like this??????

Old 05-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Marina,
have you ever thought about going solo? Just you and the mouse?

Set the date, make your plans, and let the world know.
You can do the parks commando or not, change your mind when you feel like it, eat when/where you want (if you have the elusive ADRs)...
And you know there's always Dissers around if you want company for a day/park/land/meal!

So many of your TR show things being arranged and re-arranged for the family, and that's great and all (makes for great TRs from my perspective...I hope that's not toooooo selfish of me); why not try a totally diff Disney Vac-ay?

Granted it might mean you need to choose a value over a mod (but hey, Grumpy & Marina might decide to make up their minds seeing as you're going anyway!)

Hoping all goes well with your father! This waiting game is always hard: you don't know if you can make plans or not. I think you should proceed as you want, just be sure to have a good trip cancellation insurance!

WalkingintheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #12
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Marina,
I'm really sorry about your dad's health....I hope everything works out ok.

Jessie took such a big step having that surgery! I think it's wonderful and wish her the best....hopefully her energy will return?? so you can tour the fast-paced way you planned....

Sorry your mom is not helping the situation...I can see how you are frustrated...please feel free to vent to your Dis-friends anytime!!

Judging by your trip reports your a great planner! Everything will work out!!

12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #13
marivaid

WalkingintheFog (btw I read "walking in the frog" ) I did a short (3 days) solo trip once and I wasn't thrilled. It's weird not having anyone to talk to.
I'm sure we can work it out so that everyone gets to do what they want and at a pace they find comfortable, it just takes a lot of planning and I don't have a whole lot of help in that department.

I'm worried about my dad, and I'm also worried about the fact that I seem to be the only one to worry. Does that make sense

Thanks for listening to me vent

Old 05-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Just saying hi! I hope your dad is doing ok....

12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
marivaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Just saying hi! I hope your dad is doing ok....
you're sweet !
My father's doing okay, still going on dialysis 3 times a week but he's gotten into a routine and he's handling it well. No news about the operation yet. We're hoping it can be in November, because we never do anything for Christmas anyway so it won't make any difference.

We may be moving this trip to October, it's looking good so far and I've even booked part of our package.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: