Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Dis Meet for New England/MA/Greater Boston

Apologies if this is not posted in the right place.

Anyone from New England, MA, Greater Boston interested in a Dis Meet. I live a few miles North of Boston and would love to get together with other like minded folks to satisfy my interest between trips. I went to Disney with friends in December but they have gone onto their other lives now that we have returned and I am much more Disney obsessed.

Never organized one of these before so no idea what it entails but would be happy to do so.

Any locale will work so that we can gather as many interested folks as possible but greater Boston within 128 and north of Boston is preferable to me. But really it is all about talking about Disney so anywhere is fine.

Please post if you are interested and where, general terms is ok, you are located. If I have enough interested folks I can narrow down a place that suits most people.

Anyone else organize one of these in the past? What does a Dis meet entail anyway?

Thanks folks!
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
CTmommyx3
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun i may be in depending where! I am in CT but on the MA line and grew up in MA
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
melmar136
DIS Veteran

sounds fun! I may be interested depending on where/when!
melmar136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
CTmommyx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
sounds fun! I may be interested depending on where/when!
I see you are from Barre!! i grew up in ma in grafton!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTmommyx3 View Post
I see you are from Barre!! i grew up in ma in grafton!!
Hi from Central MA!
I have a friend who lives in Grafton now. Nice town! I grew up in Mansfield but since then have lived in metrowest and central MA.
It would be great if we got a little group together sometime for a dismeet!
melmar136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

never been to one or organized one but it sounds like fun. I live in NH but am in MA on weekends, north of Boston exit 56 off 95.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
Mamu

DIS Veteran
A perennial favorite
My children call me "Mud Duck"

Haven't been to one in many years. Interested.

Mamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

OH, we've had some pretty interesting Mass meets in the past. We've had some in Boston, as well as some further out. We even had one at Canobie Lake Park once. We've done Duck Tours together, we've gone to a nightclub, we've caused havoc and mayhem all over the place!!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I would be interested depending on timing. I'm not from Mass though... would a Mainer be welcome?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
dadschum
Mouseketeer

Sue Ellen - of course a Mainer would be welcome. Come one come all. Just need to arrange a time and a place convenient for most folks.

Goofy and anyone else who has attended a Dis Meet in the New England area - tell me more, please, about past meets.

When was the last one held?

How frequently?

What kind of attendance do these gather? Who and how many?

Where have they been held?

Is there a plan for them or is it just show up somewhere - a bar, restaurant etc and we meet, chat, eat, drink?

What were some of them like and what would you do to make a Dis meet fun, interesting, better than those you've attended in the past

For anyone else interested - what would constitute a good Dis Meet? What would it entail for you to say "Gee I had a really good time and would like to do that again."

It's not like I like to plan or anything, really....
dadschum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
Tinkbellfan

DIS Veteran

I'm in Mystic, CT but my sister lives in Ashland so I can stay there after. Would love to be included in the plans. I have only helped with a DIS meet on a cruise so our options where easier on where and when. What month are we talking . . . April/May?

DVC member & always behind on my pts! I added on at BLT!!
Tinkbellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
CTmommyx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkbellfan View Post
I'm in Mystic, CT but my sister lives in Ashland so I can stay there after. Would love to be included in the plans. I have only helped with a DIS meet on a cruise so our options where easier on where and when. What month are we talking . . . April/May?
WE LOVE Mystic and go to the aquarium all the time!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Various people have planned different meets. I checked in at one a few years ago that was held at the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury. Everyone met up at a Red Robin there.
Then, as I said, we had one in Boston where we got together and had lunch at a cafeteria style spot then walked over to do a Duck Tour. There was a meet one summer up in NH, at Canobie Lake Park. Another time we met up at Jake Ivory's down by Fenway.
I think the first meet I did was many years ago..maybe 8 or so..where we met up in Boston, Fanuil Hall Marketplace. Then walked around looking at the specially decorated Mickeys that were touring the country at that time. We walked over to the Aquarium as a group.
We once ate at Fire and Ice and then walked over to the Common/Public Gardens and rode the Swan Boats as a group...took over two different boats. Felt badly for those not with the DIS group on those boats!!!

You just have to decide when and where you want to meet. Choose a spot that is going to be central to the most people. Ask what everyone would like to do. If you make it in Boston, it's a good idea to wait for the nicer weather to arrive. You can just plan on eating someplace..but pick an offtime so as to avoid huge crowds. One person should be the planner...they should be the one to make any reservations and maintain lists.

The meets are a ton of fun, and it's always wonderful to put some faces to the DIS screennames we see everyday. You can always go over to the DIS Meets area on the boards and see now others are running their meets.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
Tinkbellfan

DIS Veteran

CTmommy - I live about a mile from the Aquarium and about a block from the Seaport. Great place to live and visit!

goofy4tink - excellent advice - thanks

dadschum - are you willing to take this on?

DVC member & always behind on my pts! I added on at BLT!!
Tinkbellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
CTmommyx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Various people have planned different meets. I checked in at one a few years ago that was held at the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury. Everyone met up at a Red Robin there.
Then, as I said, we had one in Boston where we got together and had lunch at a cafeteria style spot then walked over to do a Duck Tour. There was a meet one summer up in NH, at Canobie Lake Park. Another time we met up at Jake Ivory's down by Fenway.
I think the first meet I did was many years ago..maybe 8 or so..where we met up in Boston, Fanuil Hall Marketplace. Then walked around looking at the specially decorated Mickeys that were touring the country at that time. We walked over to the Aquarium as a group.
We once ate at Fire and Ice and then walked over to the Common/Public Gardens and rode the Swan Boats as a group...took over two different boats. Felt badly for those not with the DIS group on those boats!!!

You just have to decide when and where you want to meet. Choose a spot that is going to be central to the most people. Ask what everyone would like to do. If you make it in Boston, it's a good idea to wait for the nicer weather to arrive. You can just plan on eating someplace..but pick an offtime so as to avoid huge crowds. One person should be the planner...they should be the one to make any reservations and maintain lists.

The meets are a ton of fun, and it's always wonderful to put some faces to the DIS screennames we see everyday. You can always go over to the DIS Meets area on the boards and see now others are running their meets.
I so wish i knew about them then when it was at the Millbury plaza! I am so close to that and go every week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: