Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #121
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
great report!...
Hi there! Thanks!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Hey Jennifer!! I just found your TR and I'm all caught up! The ship looks absolutely beautiful!!! We actually just booked a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy for May 19, 2012! I cannot WAIT!! I've been spending lots of time on the DCL part of the DIS lately trying to learn as much as possible! So I'm really enjoying your TR!!!
HELLO Missy!!!!!! Glad you are here!!! I was wondering if you ever decided to do a TR!!!??? I am looking forward to the 7 day cruise over Thanksgiving, I am sure the Fantasy will be as beautiful as the Dream!!! How much fun! You will have lots to discover over time! I will try to share as much as I can, and when we get back from the summer cruise that will have more kid info!!! I just ordered my FE from Stitches and Bows!... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
subbing, so I can get caught up at some point!
Hey There! Glad you made it over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
I just got done reading your TR so far, wow, I am joinin in for sure!! Great report.

I was so excited to read it, first we are going to BLT for the 1st time as new DVC owners in 37 days and in August we are going on the Dream. When we cruise this summer we will be at Kidani for 4 nights and then 3 nights on the Dream. This will be our 2nd DCL.

I loved what you had to say about capacity, that makes so much sense. Also, regarding crowds, that what I expected. It depends on where you are and at what time. I found that with our last cruise.

Envious that it was just DHubby and you, but then again we will be with our 3 DSs who are all old enough to be on their own.

We are also going to be staying inside staterooms. Thanks again. Can not wait for the rest of your report.

Oh you will have a great time at BLT AND on your cruise! We did a 3 night cruise last February. The inside stateroom is fun. I have some great porthole photos to share! Congrats on the DVC!!!
Welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrapclark View Post
GREAT report!!! We are sailing May 26!!!
YAY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! Coming up quick!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #122
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Still getting caught up. I need a vacation to get caught up form vacation. Next week. I have only a snow day make-up on Monday. After that, I am free! I can DIS and DIS and DIS.

I want to visit a ship one day - just to look at the actual size of the rooms.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #123
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Watching the sun go down.

After we were cleaned up we went to the Vista café on deck 4 and grabbed these fabulous frozen Lattes – blended with ice cream OMG. We explored the kids area and some more of the ship. I didn't take photos of the kids areas. I didn't because our kids were not there, and I didn't want them to think I was taking pictures of kids! But I saw many children having a great time, and we could peek in to see the different areas. MAN. I wish I were 6 or 9!!!! LOL!!!!

Here is a shot from deck 4 off the side where we were docked...

This is the "detective agency" station. There is the interactive mystery game you can play on board. Like a scavenger hunt basically, for clues. They go with the interactive paintings/art they have in each stairwell... some are associated with the game but I don't think all are... we will do this in June, but I saw lots of families participating... It reminds me of KP missions in Epcot, without the slushie... LOL!!!! I didn't explore too much, but I did grab one of the info programs that they have at the detective desk, here is a few photos of that...

The game looks like great fun... here is the "desk"

So of the details I saw around the 4th floor deck, these are just a random few... I took more this evening later, as we were waiting to go into the theater.

Hidden Mickeys!!!!

Now Cabanas was closed from lunch until dinner time, but during the day, if you wanted to use the Aft elevators, you essentially went into Cabanas to do so. Even thought the restuarant was closed. So it was a little strange but we got over it. Here are some of the pictures from the Nemo theme...

Not sure when, I think as we were leaving to go explore that afternoon... but this is one of the LONG LONG hallways!!! HA!

Knowing that dinner was a few hours still, we decided to grab a slice of pizza, and then head to the Meridian bar for a cocktail and some time to read.

The pizza at Luigi's was decent, it was good, I had a slice of veggie, DH something I can’t remember, but there were several choices.

We walked back up top, and I took DH to the area I had been at earlier in the morning, the forward deck area. Isn't the glow pretty at this time of day?!

Back at Meridian... SO nice that bar! Great atmosphere.

Here is that painting of Gustau’s kitchen that I was telling you about! It is really neat.

We sat outside on the deck area of the Meridian Bar for about an hour. Then we went back to our room to change, in anticipation of our 7pm show time. Everything was a little blury for me, in terms of time, because I know that the shops were still closed, and the 5pm show was already in performance.
At some point I remember us going to the Outlook bar, waiting for the show to start at 7… It was "Villians" tonight!!!

These photos and more coming in the next post!!! TTFN!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #124
nhdisnut
My screen name says it all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

Drink of the day was FABULOUS! They have non alcoholic and alcoholic choices. A couple bucks less than the standard bar prices..
I noticed the Drink of the Day glass in one of your pictures. Is that a souvenir glass?
Off-site: 1987, 1991, 2000, 2002 2004: April POFQ & AKL 2005: April POR; June DVC Members - SSR! 2006: April SSR/AKL; Aug. BWV; Dec. AS Sports/SSR 2007: Feb. AKV owners!!; April POP, SSR & CSR; Aug. OKW2008: Jan. SSR & our 1st WDW Half-Marathon! April VWL & AKV; Aug. BWV Dec./Jan '08-09 POP, SSR, CBR2009: April POP & AKV Concierge!July POR2010: Feb ASMu, April AKV, July BLT & AKV, Oct AKV and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon! Dec SSR 2011: Feb. First trip to Disneyland!; April POP and off-site, Aug. AKV & Disney Dream! 2012: April POP, AKV & Disney Fantasy!, June POP & POR2013: Feb AKV & Disney Wonder (from Miami), August AKV, BCV & Disney Dream! 2014: Feb. BLT, Disney Magic! & VWL, July CR
nhdisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #125
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

The Detective Agency game looks like fun! I hope Jared and I have time to do that. There is so much that I want to see and do, I'm not sure 4 nights is going to be long enough....

That is sort of odd that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the elevators, I bet it can be quite a madhouse in there during dining hours.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #126
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh Jen...what a gorgeous trip!!! All your wonderful pictures are making me want to go on a cruise more and more!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful and relaxing time!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #127
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful ship! I can hardly wait until next year. I can't to hear about the Villians Show.

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #128
Tab2Disney
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your TR, can't wait for more and to hear about your June cruise and how the boys like it! We are hoping to see it all in Dec!(birthday surprises)
Tab2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #129
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
It reminds me of KP missions in Epcot, without the slushie... LOL!!!!
I'm really enjoying your trip report and this is hilarious. Good to know I'm not the only one drinking slushies during the Kim Possible missions! Our boys love the Kim Possible missions, so I think they will really enjoy the detective game!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #130
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great updates. The pictures of the ship continue to amaze me. It sounds like you had such a relaxing day in Nassau. The food all sounds lovely. The Meridian bar looks great.

Looking forward to more. Love the porthole in your room. Cool!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #131
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdisnut View Post
I noticed the Drink of the Day glass in one of your pictures. Is that a souvenir glass?
Yes! You have to pay extra for it -- I don't know why I did -- I didn't really need it!!! They keep swapping you "refills" until you stop ordering them! Then it is yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
The Detective Agency game looks like fun! I hope Jared and I have time to do that. There is so much that I want to see and do, I'm not sure 4 nights is going to be long enough....

That is sort of odd that you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the elevators, I bet it can be quite a madhouse in there during dining hours.
It was odd, we agreed. The restaurant was empty but it was weird to be going straight through... Well the time it was busy was during lunch and breakfast, but because it is a buffet, I never felt like it was over crowded...

I bet you and Jared can find time! You won't want to be out in the sun the whole time! 3 nights was tough, but we thought 4 was great, and think 5 will be great too. I had time to do what I wanted to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh Jen...what a gorgeous trip!!! All your wonderful pictures are making me want to go on a cruise more and more!!!!! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful and relaxing time!!!
Oh we did. And I am sure you would too! I bet you could get PPhillip to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What a beautiful ship! I can hardly wait until next year. I can't to hear about the Villians Show.

Erika
It was fun! Cant take many pics of the show, but it was cute. You will very much enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab2Disney View Post
I am really enjoying your TR, can't wait for more and to hear about your June cruise and how the boys like it! We are hoping to see it all in Dec!(birthday surprises)
I am excited to write about June as well! I think we will have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report and this is hilarious. Good to know I'm not the only one drinking slushies during the Kim Possible missions! Our boys love the Kim Possible missions, so I think they will really enjoy the detective game!
Oh no, cannot fathom KP without at least two of those babies! The detective game looks like great fun. I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great updates. The pictures of the ship continue to amaze me. It sounds like you had such a relaxing day in Nassau. The food all sounds lovely. The Meridian bar looks great.

Looking forward to more. Love the porthole in your room. Cool!
They don't really do it justice! Wait until you see the rest of this evenings photos....

Old 03-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #132
Happydog
DIS Veteran

100 days....

HI EVERYONE!!!! I MUST interrupt this TR to remind all that today is 100 days until our DISNEY summer vacation on the Dream and at Vero Beach!!! I can't wait!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-11-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #133
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Villains and Enchantment

Shortly before the show started, we walked around the midship area on deck 3 – this is where the entrance to the WD Theater is, and all the shops, etc. Here are some of the photos I took while we were waiting to go see the show… The stores were not opened yet, they were open in full force, within the hour. I think they stay closed while you are at port (something about not being able to stay open) and then the were only open during the evenings on all days but the sea day. They were open all day on that day.

So next was the show! “Villains Tonight”

The show was MC’d by Hades and his helpers “pain” and “panic” here is one them…

It was a cute show! They again just did different scenes and stories from Disney "villains" -- it was fun to see, we particularly liked Cruella!

After the show we left the theater and walked straight into the rest of the crowd standing in the foyer of the theater. These were people finished with dinner, and also those leaving the theater so it was a bit of a mad house. The shops were now open, and there were tons of people swarming them… Since we had thirty minutes before dinner, DH and I browsed the shops together… I eyed what I wanted to buy later, and then we headed to dinner. Dinner this evening was in the Enchanted Garden. I took some photos for you.

Dinner at the Enchanted Garden was “okay” – rather it felt a little rushed, it was busy, and the food was not entirely memorable. The appetizers and salads we had were good. My entrée was not that great, but they gave me a replacement, which was much better. DH enjoyed his selections far more than I. We started a bottle of wine, then saved the rest to be sent to Palo’s the next night. What was neat about the Enchanted Garden of course was the atmosphere. It was pretty. We sat in a booth, just the two of us, and I swear, a few times we were laughing and half expecting them to turn into part of an attraction! We felt like we should be spinning through some ride, because they reminded us of the people movers!!!! Just like a ride vehicle! NOW I am thinking the next time we go to this restaurant I will order something else, and I am sure the kids will love the changing light -- it is really subtle, and fun to see.

After dinner, we walked out on deck again, then headed back to our cabin. CASTAWAY CAY was coming up!!! We had a cute pig left on our bed. SO adorable!

Here was our door, by the way. We are not DVC owners, but this magnet was on our door -- I am guessing it was left from the previous cruise. We just left it there again after our Cruise.

SO off the sleep we went, and more coming up soon. NEXT STOP, Castaway Cay!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-12-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #134
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Still getting caught up. I need a vacation to get caught up form vacation. Next week. I have only a snow day make-up on Monday. After that, I am free! I can DIS and DIS and DIS.

I want to visit a ship one day - just to look at the actual size of the rooms.
Oh I agree MeMom! I am catching up too! YAY! Is that your spring break, then??!! DIS DIS DIS away!!!! It is really big, and the cabins are nice!

Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #135
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

OK, the Meridian Bar and the detective agency game are on my list if I ever do a cruise.

I'm surprised that the stores aren't open in the afternoon. Is that because most people are out on excursions when the ship is docked?

I thought the same thing about the booths in the restaurant looking like ride vehicles!

Castaway Cay... can't wait to hear about it!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: