Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #91
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures of the ship! Those bathrooms are amazing as is the main lobby (is that what it is called?). Such opulence!!!

I can't get over how empty Palo's was! Wow!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #92
VG9493
DVC Member OKW '92

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

great trip report....
VG9493 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #93
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A highly relaxing morning!!!

Well we woke up refreshed and to a nice morning on deck! Well at least it looked that way by the porthole!!! We were in the process of docking at Nassau. I got into my exercise gear and headed to the workout facility which is in the Spa. DH met me there about 15 minutes later, but as I was walking there I noticed that people were already out on the deck setting up their chairs, and it dawned on me that we planned to be on deck all day, too. Although there were notes about not “reserving” seats, I wanted to make sure we had two lounges, so I called the room and told DH to bring our bag with the towels and a magazine, and to put them on a couple chairs. SORRY for breaking the rule, or following the rest of the guests, but I wanted a nice place to sit.

First a view off one side of the ship... away from Nassau proper...

Here are some shots I took of the deck area, again see that the time is early, and there is NO one around!!!

Here you can see our bags on two lounges, which we then moved... However I will say a minute or so after I took this photo a couple came out and sat on two of them, so people were coming to life around 9am...

These two are shots of the decks directly above the pool. One shows the next level where the bar and more seating is... I really liked those round seats, very comfortable!!! Also shown from that deck, then, looking down to the rest of the pool deck directly above the pool itself.

As I mentioned, DH initially put the towels on the lounges right by the pool (BE ADVISED there are only SIX lounges in front of the pool with ANY hint of sun…) When we came out of the gym, I told him that would be the case and while it might be nice to be there, it wouldn’t last long, so we moved up to the top deck. JUST for the record, the seats near the pool were not all claimed, nor were they all on deck, either. At least not on this day -- On our AT SEA day, there were far more people grabbing lounge chairs early. Now we didn’t make it to the gym before 8:00 I think a little after. And it was when we got out of the gym that people were staking out spots, so between 9 - 10 I guess. This should give you perspective that the adult area was slow to start getting busy, etc. However, I bet the main pool deck was quicker to fill up with people “establishing” their spots… I would hate to think earlier than that time, but it could very well be.

Now THIS is a really neat area. This is all the way forward. It is beautiful and really wide open. I would LOVE to be up here when we have the kids, but the challenge with this area is that it is VERY far from the pools... so though it says "family" I am not really sure how that would work out. BUT isn't this blue sofa thing cool!!!!

A view of the Teen area... okay, I am not complaining, but this is a nice secluded area. I also didn't see it getting much use the three times I walked by -- I just hope good space wasn't wasted on a concept that these older kids didn't really want (at least the outside portion!) I suspect in the summer it will be busier.

Some on the boards have commented that it should have been the adult space, but I think it would be too small... and too far from the bar!!!

So once we set up our seats, we headed over to Cabanas for some breakfast. A NICE buffet, with lox and bagels, and everything else, very traditional breakfast items, some great yogurt blends (they offer these in the main dining room “Mango Honey”… WAY TASTY!!!! ) Eggs Benedict with Asparagus! All nice choices, juices, etc. You name it. We sat outside, enjoyed the fresh air, and then headed down to our room to get suited up!

Here is a morning view out our "porthole"!!!

We were on deck then, for the day. It was beautiful outside! Truly, our day was relaxing. It was the exact reason we came on the cruise! There were plenty of people on board, probably cruisers who didn’t feel a need to go to Nassau, and some who went on early excursions then came back on the boat. We went for some lunch around 1. Rather, I went and filled a plate with Sushi and some other great stuff, marinated mozerellla, finger items and fruit. I brought it back to our lounges with some cokes, where we ate and chatted, and then of course sampled the drink of the day! This was pretty much how we spent our port side day. Nothing exciting I know!!! I will say that I did note the crowds when I walked to Cabanas. There were definitely families who stayed on the ship. I sensed that things were busy, and all of the lounges that were in the pool area were being used… this is even the lounges off to the sides of the pool deck, under the decks above, so not in any sun at all. I didn’t assess what it like up top on this day. However, crowds aside, things seemed to flow well and it seemed manageable. It was notably different from the adult side, where there were people, but not as much "action" if you will. But of course that is understandable!!

Late in the afternoon, I would say about 4, we were ready to go in and get showers. Things were definitely picking up on deck at this point, because people were required to be back on board in a few hours, and I think people had gone exploring and were now returning. There was live music down by the pool, the pool had plenty of people hanging out, and generally guests were lounging, like us, for the whole day, or, were arriving to enjoy the late afternoon. The point, is that there was something for everyone, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves!

Stay TUNED for more...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #94
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Subscribing

Hi, I've been enjoying your trip report this moring really great. We're planning to go for our first cruise ever next February.

Quick question on the Kids Club check in line, I know you didn't have kids this time so maybe you won't know until after your family trip. But, did you have to get in line early to make sure your children were able to go at all or just for the wristband and place in line didn't matter? I hope that made sense.

Can't wait to read more! Thanks!

teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #95
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

That porthole looks so super cool! I can't get over how empty the deck was in the shots you took. But I have to say I am a bit nervous about the idea that you have to be up early to reserve lounge chairs... am I overreacting? I am serious about my sunshine.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #96
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #97
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You are definitely selling the cruise experience. Color me tempted! Sorry for the newbie question but what is the difference b/w Palo and Remy? I understand both are "signature" dining and that Palo existed on the other ships whereas Remy is new with the Dream. Any other differences? Did you try Remy this trip?

Can't get over those restrooms... wow!

You are really making me want to try a cruise...
It was very dreamy!!! LOL!!

HARDLY a newbie question!! Palos is the signature, yes, and comes with a $20.00 per person surcharge. We didn't try Remy's, no. We thought about it, especially when there were reservations available! But, with the $150.00 fee and tip, we just hadn't planned to use our cruise $ for that. So we opted instead for three times at Palos -- 2 dinners and brunch. Basically $120.00 for that, and tip, so in a way we made that $ go a little farther. I think we will try it in June, though, if we can get in. I say this because we definitely want to try it, and we'll see if we can make it work one of the nights...

The food is more like V & A as best as I understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
The ship looks beautiful! I love that chandelier! Can't wait to see more!
It really is. Though all the Disney ships are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures of the boat. It looks simply amazing.

Palo looks lovely.

I am glad your cruise is off to such a great start. Love it!
It really was a great start to a wonderful, okay DREAMy four nights!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #98
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Beautiful pictures of the ship, I can't wait to see her for myself

How was The Golden Mickey's?
You will love it! The Golden Mickey's was cute. I remember it from last year, I think it was the same show, but of course the production quality makes it great entertainment -- Disney is well versed in these sort of "composite" shows, streamline as many stories from Disney as you can, with usually a common thread... character, etc. It works. They are fun, and you can't go wrong. We had fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrapclark View Post
Enjoying your report!! We sail May 26th!!
YAY!!! Have a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Back home and finally catching up.
I enjoy seeing your cruise pictures, as it is doubtful I will ever go on one. I would love to see Castaway Cay, though.

The new candy boxes were all over Disney World this trip. Same candy put in cleverly themed boxes - I bet they have tripled in sales!

I gotta catch up, TOO!!!! So excited to hear how your trip was! the weather seemed PERFECT!!!!

Those candy boxes are cute, but exactly that "clever"

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketrn View Post
Great TR so far. We are leaving for our 4 day dream trip in 19 days!!
WOW!!! You must be so excited!!!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #99
manntra
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your day at Nassau sounds perfect to me I would have stayed on the ship too Did you enjoy your DOTD every day?

The Dream is a gorgeous, gorgeous ship! So majestic....I think I need to pay her visit.

Love that porthole! I am sure that has made the inside staterooms quite popular. They really look cute!

Tracy
Old 03-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #100
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Your day sounds just heavenly to me. It is cold and windy here today and laying out in the sun is what I really would like to be doing.

pooh'smate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #101
trish.
Mouseketeer

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing!
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #102
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying this. Thank you
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #103
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
The ship looks amazing! Thank you for sharing so many pictures! It really gets me more anxious to go on a cruise next year.

Erika
It really is a pretty ship, and so much to look at! I can't wait to go again and enjoy what I missed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying all the pictures of the ship! Those bathrooms are amazing as is the main lobby (is that what it is called?). Such opulence!!!

I can't get over how empty Palo's was! Wow!
I am glad! I am enjoying the 2nd look!!! The main lobby, "Mid Ship Lobby", yes, that is what I think it is called!! And I agree opulent and elegant!

It really surprised us too! They basically told us that the embarkation night is always available. As I mentioned earlier, I was thrilled to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG9493 View Post
great trip report....
Thanks! Welcome! Glad to have you here!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #104
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Love the virtual porthole!
How did the size of the room work for you? Do you think it is enough space for a family of 4? We're considering a cruise on the Dream for next year, but aren't sure if we'd book 2 staterooms or one family stateroom.

The Dream is so beautiful. Lounging on the deck would be so nice right about now on this rainy Sunday.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #105
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee830 View Post
Hi, I've been enjoying your trip report this moring really great. We're planning to go for our first cruise ever next February.

Quick question on the Kids Club check in line, I know you didn't have kids this time so maybe you won't know until after your family trip. But, did you have to get in line early to make sure your children were able to go at all or just for the wristband and place in line didn't matter? I hope that made sense.

Can't wait to read more! Thanks!
Thanks! I Enjoy writing them. YOU will very much enjoy the Dream!
With regards to the kids club check in line, it was unexpectedly long because they had a technical problem. From what I understand, you can "sign them up" online (or there) and then when you get to port, you go to the Kids Club desk to get the wristband. It is something to do while you are waiting to board, so normally I think it is a good time to get them. At least this is the information that I learned when I asked the CM. They do NOT have limits for kids, only for infants. They have room for all kids on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
That porthole looks so super cool! I can't get over how empty the deck was in the shots you took. But I have to say I am a bit nervous about the idea that you have to be up early to reserve lounge chairs... am I overreacting? I am serious about my sunshine.
It will be fine. The decks in the morning were really vacant! No you don't have to get up terribly early. I mean there were still PLENTY of seats!!! I just wanted to sit where I wanted to sit. You wouldn't have trouble. I think the families looking for seats on the main pool deck were probably reserving their seats earlier. But I understand why location is really important in that case. So, I would tell you at the Adult pool you would be fine. I am serious about my sunshine, too, so I probably was a bit more anxious than I needed to be. The porthole is very cute. I have some great shots of the "magic" to share later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
Hi there! Hope you enjoy reading along.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: