Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 PM   #61
MEK
DIS Veteran

All caught up. What a lovely BLT view. Perfect.

I can't wait to try Bluezoo in May. Crab nachos - they sound great. I might have to try them.

Capped off by a perfect evening at the Cali Grill.

And the Dream pictures - awesome. How great that you were able to add two more reservations at Palo.

Adult pool - nice!

You're room is really cute.

Great TR. Can't wait to read more.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #62
CDX4
Earning My Ears

Loving the TR!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! We will be traveling with you on the June 21 Dream double dip!
CDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #63
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
So it looks like if we don't get the Palo reservations on Saturday, we should just go straight there when get aboard?
You got it! 1pm is the magic time when they start taking reservations.
I got from the CMs there that they only put 10 - 20% of the available reservations on line. They think they should have more, because too many people just assume there isn't space (since online it reports "full")... We had already decided on Palos but Remy was mostly empty on Embarkation night as was Palos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Oh you are definitely tempting me on trying a cruise. I can't get over how empty the pool area was... at least initially. Was it ever difficult to find chairs at the pool? I am loving this whole "drink of the day" concept. Can't wait to hear about Palo!
Oh do it!!! Well it wasn't like that the whole time, and some days it was more so... We had luck each day, but that is because we went to use the gym, and then on our way out, we grabbed a few chairs, put our flip flops down between them on the table, and then went down to change... I realize that wasn't following the rules exactly, (you are not supposed to save seats) but we just wanted seats in a particular area... there were others available still... I don't think it got really busy until later in the morning (10 - 11am) and then it seemed bad again in the late afternoon. there were still seats. The only day it was really crowded from early on, was the "at sea day" Palo was AWESOME.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #64
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
WOW.WOW.WOW. Your post has me both, so excited and VERY stressed! The ship looks beautiful! So, I am going to pick your brain a bit......
HEY DIANE!!! No problem! I will do my best to answer your questions... I am going to go through each day with as many reflections and tips as I can. I really used this cruise to scout things out, AND have fun!!!

Quote:

we have never been on a Disney cruise before, do you suggest we get to the port early for our June cruise?
Well, for the past two cruises, we have gotten there early. But last week was the first time I had to stand in a "people" line to get into the terminal... I imagine that will be the case in June as well. I like getting to the port early so I can get on the boat as early as I can, but I am not sure if getting their early really makes the difference in the end. Meaning, I don't know if things would be different if I waited to arrive at 1... I suspect the total time would be shorter, but not sure if it would be harder to get reservations, etc. Once in the terminal it isn't bad, I think we are planning to do the same thing, arrive at 10, and drop off the rental car.

Quote:
I would like to try to book a Palo dinner ressie, can I do that before embarkation day? Can you sign the kids up for the clubs online? Even if I sign them up online, do I still have to register them at the port?
You can try, but it seems to me that most if not all of the reservations available online will already be booked out. Fortunately there are more reservations available than put out on line. I was able to secure an early dinner on embarkation night before we arrived for the cruise, and then added a night and a brunch while on the ship. I guess I am saying TRY, but don't be too alarmed if you miss it. As a Castaway Cay member I get to book a little sooner, but before me several groups have already had the chance, so I just trusted the CM I spoke with and tried when we got on board. We were able to get what we wanted no problem.

regarding the Kids Club, yes, you can sign them up online, but you still have to "check them in" and get their badge/wristband... most say it is a fast line. I think this time they had a failure in the system or something.

Quote:
I want to book a spa package as well, can I do this online too?
YES, if you go to the excursions and extras tabs under your cruise, you can see what they offer, and book in advance. Then you get a card in your stateroom with the details. We had this for the Rain room and I bought some water. This is on the DCL site.

Quote:
Where do you suggest my family and I watch the sailaway party from?
You know the upper decks seem easier to see things from, and I was right in a corner as the stairs descended, and that worked great for me... As long as you are on the rail, you have a great spot.

Quote:
Does DCL send you info about all the documentation and forms you need for the cruise?
YES! Be sure to do online checkin. DCL will send you a packet with a little binder and the details for extras, etc. somewhere close to two weeks before hand, or less I think. You will find your luggage tags, ME express etc.

Quote:
Sorry for the crazy questions!!! Your day sounds INCREDIBLE so far a nd I love the inside stateroom, that is where we are booked! Thanks!
Hey Diane, you guys are going to have a blast! The inside state room was great fun! it is a nicely appointed room!

Glad you are here reading along!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #65
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfly View Post
I absolutley LOVE the morning shots from BLT!
Yay!!! I know. SO pretty right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Signing on for the fun of your trip report. Can't wait for more!!
Great! Glad you are here! I have lots more to share!! This weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbxazd View Post

Thanks for sharing your TR! Reading it is getting me all geared up for the June DD!!!!!
Robin
YAY! I agree! Me too! It will be a great trip -- can't wait to be at Castaway Cay TWICE!!!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #66
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Hi Happy Dog!

It has been a while (ever since my July trip) since I have posted on the boards! I just wasn't into it that much with no Disney trip planned---I know, I am a bad diser!

I can't wait to read all about your Dream cruise! We had originally planned to go on that cruise but decided to head elsewhere on vacation. We are now planning a 5 day cruise in April 2012 over spring break so I am anxious to hear about this one and the one this summer.

The sail away party looks like so much fun! I am anxious to hear your thoughts about the portal. It looks neat.

Can't wait for more!

Erika
Well HI there! Glad you are here to join along and get ready for your own cruising fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSnowWhite View Post
GREAT GREAT trip report
THANK you! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayW View Post
Love the pics. My Sail Away party pics are from the opposite side!

Shh...we were in that really long line at 10 and got boarding #3.
Well, where did you go when you got on board??!! And what time did you get there to get that #??!!! Come on, now -- I confessed!!! That was a "sold out" cruise, too.. as is the one we have in June, so I really am curious to know how much earlier I have to get there

Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #67
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All caught up. What a lovely BLT view. Perfect.

I can't wait to try Bluezoo in May. Crab nachos - they sound great. I might have to try them.

Capped off by a perfect evening at the Cali Grill.

And the Dream pictures - awesome. How great that you were able to add two more reservations at Palo.

Adult pool - nice!

You're room is really cute.

Great TR. Can't wait to read more.
Well HELLO there!! Having fun on FB??!!

It was really a great 24 hours in the world! We entertained ourselves quite well! YOU will LOVE BlueZoo!!!! YUM!!!!

We were really happy with our cruise. It was great fun!!!

Lots more to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDX4 View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! We will be traveling with you on the June 21 Dream double dip!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #68
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my, when I first read that you got to the port at 10:00 and got boarding number NINE, I think I looked like this But it sounds like 9 wasn't such a bad number after all.

I'm curious too as to what time KayW arrived, I'd really like to have a low number!

Good to know that plenty of Palo ressies were available on board, being a first time cruiser I know I won't be able to get one in advance.

I'm already dreaming of that drink of the day!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #69
DisneyCrazMom
Mouseketeer

subbing
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #70
KayW
Mouseketeer

We were on the 9:30 shuttle from Country Inn and Suites. We didn't have luggage just 3 carry on duffle bags (light packers!). There was a line when we got there at just before 10. People were still coming off the ship so there was a lot of confusion on what to do. I don't know what time we were let in, but there really weren't any major lines. Security was quick, medical form easy, and I walked right up to the CM to officially check in. After we checked in, that is when the place got crazy!

The line for hte kids club bands-that was another story!
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #71
itgirl1002
Mouseketeer

subbing

May 29 2004 - 1st cruise - 7 nt Eastern Magic; December 7 2006 - 3 nights on the Wonder; June 2007 - RCCL Freedom - 7 nights Eastern; June 2011 - 5 night double dip on the Dream
itgirl1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #72
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Joining in so I can learn as much as possible about the Dream before our cruise next year! This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but the one in October 2008 was the first time we had to do the boarding number thing. We got to the port around 11 and got #22!!! We were so upset, but we were still onboard by 12:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
We are now planning a 5 day cruise in April 2012 over spring break so I am anxious to hear about this one and the one this summer.
Are you on the 4/5/12 cruise? We have a meet thread started...come over and join us! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610222

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #73
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Joining in.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #74
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh my, when I first read that you got to the port at 10:00 and got boarding number NINE, I think I looked like this But it sounds like 9 wasn't such a bad number after all.

I'm curious too as to what time KayW arrived, I'd really like to have a low number!

Good to know that plenty of Palo ressies were available on board, being a first time cruiser I know I won't be able to get one in advance.

I'm already dreaming of that drink of the day!
Yes I know! I have to say we could have been there earlier, but I wasn't going to give up my WDW morning for that. AND I was really happy to discover that 9 was not at the end... the boarding number gave me great perspective. You don't have to break your neck trying to get to the terminal, or leave any earlier. We left WDW at 9am, so if you are closer, it wont be that early.

Drink of the day was FABULOUS! They have non alcoholic and alcoholic choices. A couple bucks less than the standard bar prices..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
subbing
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayW View Post
We were on the 9:30 shuttle from Country Inn and Suites. We didn't have luggage just 3 carry on duffle bags (light packers!). There was a line when we got there at just before 10. People were still coming off the ship so there was a lot of confusion on what to do. I don't know what time we were let in, but there really weren't any major lines. Security was quick, medical form easy, and I walked right up to the CM to officially check in. After we checked in, that is when the place got crazy!

The line for the kids club bands-that was another story!
So we must have been about 20 people or so back in the line from eachother! I think the boarding #s must really be small groups, because if I was getting in line probably 15 minutes after you, it makes sense... YES later in the morning, after 11am, I agree. BUSY.

Yes it was quite a line I saw going on!!! But I did hear it wasn't that way normally, so fingers crossed for June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl1002 View Post
subbing
WELCOME!!! Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Joining in so I can learn as much as possible about the Dream before our cruise next year! This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but the one in October 2008 was the first time we had to do the boarding number thing. We got to the port around 11 and got #22!!! We were so upset, but we were still onboard by 12:30.
There are lots of great reports and tips on the Cruise board, especially with the Dream... Check them out!!!! Exactly. I think they move along pretty quickly, so there really isn't a need to panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Joining in.
Welcome!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #75
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Jen, thank you SO much for taking the time to answer all of my questions, I really appreciate it! We really are so excited! I hope we can meet up for a drink onboard!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: