Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #46
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Okay, now I am all caught up (gotta love that I took today off for Chelsea's orthodontist appointment ).
Oh I LOVE taking advantage of Dr. Appointments!! Good for you!

Quote:
You have cruises, as in plural, booked now? Alright, chicky, let's talk dates because I have a feeling after I read this trip report, I am going to want to take a Dream cruise even more. LOL!
YES, we do!!! Thanksgiving on the Magic, 7 night, and the SAME 4 night over President's day. We actually were going to book the same cat room, but can you believe it, the cat ABOVE the interior cabin, was actually LESS??!! I think after this summer, DH may be compelled to go again next summer, NOT sure, but I am curious to see.... I can say you would totally love it as a family. And with older kids, you would really have a chance to enjoy all aspects!

Quote:
Love the picture of you in front of the mosaic! Great picture!
Thanks! I don't quite have the hair or the blue dress, but it was fun sitting in that chair!!!

Quote:

I am with your DH -- I hate bumpy plane rides. Yick!

Score on the $50 credit just for seeing somebody else's suitcases.
I KNOW it was practically that! I was really happy to get that credit, WHAT a surprise! It wasn't a big deal, and we didn't complain AT ALL, so that was a nice pixie dust moment on our first day!

Quote:
Too funny about the nasty crab nachos pic! It can't look that bad!
Maybe not too bad, but with the lighting they kinda look greenish...

Quote:

Muddled Raspberries -- when I first read that I wondered what would make them muddled, but then I saw your chandelier pic.

Cali and fireworks! Does it get any better?
You know how I tend to send my camera skyward after a few muddled anything... But seriously that chandelier is AMAZING and the drink was divine.

Hard to say what could have been better at that moment, I love Wishes

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #47
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm joining in too. We are sailing the Dream on the 31st! I can't wait to hear all about it
Hi there! Welcome! Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Hey!!!!!
So glad I found your report!! Do you remember me!?? I have followed your trip reports before. We are doing a split stay in Feb - Disney and Dream! WITH the kids! I am so excited to hear all about the cruise!!!
HI there! SURE I remember you, QUEEN of Disney night Friday night celebrations!! How was your trip this past February??!! I thought you were going to be going -- looks like you have a link in your Signature? We are anxious to go on our first cruise with OUR boys, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessasmom View Post
Can't wait for more!
Hi ya! Just updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadfortheMouse View Post
Subbing!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsmom View Post
omg love it so far...
keep up the good work!!
Thanks! Glad you are here to have some fun before the cruise!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #48
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

love the pics! howd you say the adult pool crowds were? i heard impossible to get a chair does it really mean you have to be out there by 7 Am to get one?!
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #49
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

The Sail Away party looks like a blast! I don't think anyone from our group will be taking in a movie at that point, but isn't it nice that it's an option?

Looking forward to Palo! We get to try for our ressies on Saturday!

wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #50
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22 View Post
love the pics! howd you say the adult pool crowds were? i heard impossible to get a chair does it really mean you have to be out there by 7 Am to get one?!
Well, on a few days it was crowded. I will share some photos later on in the TR to show you that! It was fine around 9 when were were out there.. the other pools probably are crowded earlier... But, we did stake our claim on two chairs because if we hadn't there wouldn't have been any...

Old 03-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #51
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
The Sail Away party looks like a blast! I don't think anyone from our group will be taking in a movie at that point, but isn't it nice that it's an option?

Looking forward to Palo! We get to try for our ressies on Saturday!
Oh he won't be next cruise, so really I just let him do what he wanted... the crowds around the pool deck were not to his liking, because he wasn't going to stand and stake out a spot (a la parades at WDW)... Next cruise we'll likely be right there front and center But yes, the activities and things to do at all times of day and night are great!

Hope you can get them in advance, but if not, it seems they are available on the boat.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #52
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

So it looks like if we don't get the Palo reservations on Saturday, we should just go straight there when get aboard?

wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #53
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Oh you are definitely tempting me on trying a cruise. I can't get over how empty the pool area was... at least initially. Was it ever difficult to find chairs at the pool? I am loving this whole "drink of the day" concept. Can't wait to hear about Palo!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #54
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

WOW.WOW.WOW. Your post has me both, so excited and VERY stressed! The ship looks beautiful! So, I am going to pick your brain a bit......we have never been on a Disney cruise before, do you suggest we get to the port early for our June cruise? I would like to try to book a Palo dinner ressie, can I do that before embarkation day? Can you sign the kids up for the clubs online? Even if I sign them up online, do I still have to register them at the port? I want to book a spa package as well, can I do this online too? Where do you suggest my family and I watch the sailaway party from? Does DCL send you info about all the documentation and forms you need for the cruise? Sorry for the crazy questions!!! Your day sounds INCREDIBLE so far and I love the inside stateroom, that is where we are booked! Thanks!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #55
gfly
Mouseketeer

Excellent

I absolutley LOVE the morning shots from BLT!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #56
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Signing on for the fun of your trip report. Can't wait for more!!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #57
dbxazd
Mouseketeer

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your TR! Reading it is getting me all geared up for the June DD!!!!!
Robin
WDW 6/92 (FWCG);WDW Honeymoon 9/96 (POFQ); WDW w/ Ga & kids 12/06 (CS); Disney Magic 12/07; "Magic"al Christmas 12/08; Mother's Day in WDW (Pop C) 05/09; Carroll/Hart/Stevens trip to WDW (POR) 11/10; Motley Cruisin' on the Dream 6/21/11; Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey 12/1/12; WDW & Dream Cruise 6/14; upcoming Moms Trip for EPCOT F&W 10/14 (POFQ); upcoming Dream Cruise 7/10/15
dbxazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #58
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hi Happy Dog!

It has been a while (ever since my July trip) since I have posted on the boards! I just wasn't into it that much with no Disney trip planned---I know, I am a bad diser!

I can't wait to read all about your Dream cruise! We had originally planned to go on that cruise but decided to head elsewhere on vacation. We are now planning a 5 day cruise in April 2012 over spring break so I am anxious to hear about this one and the one this summer.

The sail away party looks like so much fun! I am anxious to hear your thoughts about the portal. It looks neat.

Can't wait for more!

Erika

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #59
FrenchSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

GREAT GREAT trip report
FrenchSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #60
KayW
DIS Veteran

Love the pics. My Sail Away party pics are from the opposite side!

Shh...we were in that really long line at 10 and got boarding #3.
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014BCV 2/2015
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: